Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

The Drop In and Say Hi Thread

I hope you manage to squeeze everything in to chill. And, have a great party - it'll do you good I reckon Smile

We might get to see both the girls tomorrow, just for a catch up drink somewhere.
Then on Thursday night, ED is off to Paris with her boyfriend for a few days.

nice - long bank holiday weekend in Paris

They're going Eurostar, fingers crossed it goes smoothly for them.

yeah - they have been known to have problems too.

I've heard that eurostar is quite expensive

Kijo

counting hours/minutes till you off?

Not yet... will be soon.

Not too terrible today. think I am starting to catch up with my sleeping hours.

however.... i have a long day ahead of me (happens when you are out of town 2 weekends in a row, and only have one day to run errands and hang out with friends)

But I dont have to go to work til 3pom tomorrow... so that is nice... i can possibly sleep in.

They're on a tight budget, so it must have been a deal Bee.

Hiya Kijo, love the pic of you and Tanya together

thanks. i think i look rather ghostly tbh.

I posted some pics of the weekend on my FB page as well.

I wish I could go somewhere for a long weekend but I don't have anyone to go with.

I had an argument with Mr B yesterday over his new flat mate - it started at little thing but boiled over so I told him I want to pick up my remaining stuff (my crockery) over the weekend but I don't want to go there when his mate is in (last time I was there I didn't say bye to him as I was leaving upset and in tears and he complained. Mr B brought it up and we ended up in argument so I sent his mate a text apologising about it and he didn't even have the decency to acknowledge my apology!)

Will take a look later Kijo Smile

Bee, that's horrible. They should both acknowledge that this situation's tough for you.

Who is the new roommate??

is it a boy or girl (if oyu dont mind me asking)
Is there any particular reason why you do no like them??

I whole heatedly agree..... guys are quite the oblivious jerks sometimes.

Sad am needed...this having people working in the house is doing my head in I have to say.
See you later - Kijo if I miss you, catch up with your sleep then!

it's a guy - they met few years ago through work.
They went out few times while I was with Mr B and he would crash on sofa/spare bedroom after their night out. I was always nice and polite and made him feel comfortable - feeding him etc.

I don't really have anything against him even though he does things and I don't agree and got Mr B to do it as well but they are both adults and can make informed decision and live with the consequences of their choices.

I have spoken to Mr B this morning as I saw him at the station and asked him about that text and he confirmed that his mate has received it as he showed it to him - that's what p****d me off. I know he received it and he can't be bothered to sent me a free text (his phone is on contract as he's got iphone).

As far as I know I have never been rude or dissrespecful to him regardless how drunk and what time they got back to (what was) my home.

Now I am so upset that I don't want to go there if he'll be there because I know I would end up in an argument with him and I don't want to do that.

Thats understandable.

had a boyfriend who had an awful "poarty buddy"
they are horribly inconsiderate, and would never allow me to sleep after working because of how loud they are.

i know things are still rough for you during this time, and i really hope things perk up soon enough.
didnt you say you were cooking sweets?

cut you a big ol' piece of that!!!

yes I've made a strawberry cheesecake for a birthday/leaving party tomorrow

it's my friends bday on sunday, it was mine in April but we didn't get chance to meet up and one is leaving (for good) on Monday so we celebrate it all on saturday - weather should be really nice so we'll have a bbq in a garden.

ooooh sounds wonderful!!!!

: D

bout time for me to start counting down now. get a day off to just chillll out (mostly)

oh also.

gonna try and work on those pics later. have to admit been slacking this week.

welll....time for me to bid my farewells.

weekend for me.

be a couple of days before I get back on.
everyone have a great weekend!!!

have a great time hun and don't worry about those pics - there is not rush!
Just chill and enjoy your time off

Just popping in for a quick hello.
Two new updates I noticed after a short maintenance.
Saw this when I visited my garden. The hammer icon above the free gift icon changed to a little meerkat when I am in any of my gardens.

and

Two new free gifts

New princess type bear and a dog:)

Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry I haven't been around. Big hugs to all from Chup congratulations

Hello Chup -missed you while out having lunch.

Hope all is well with you and thank you for the info

look like I'm here on my own now Sad

Bee wrote:
Hello Chup -missed you while out having lunch.

Hope all is well with you and thank you for the info

look like I'm here on my own now Sad

I am doing great thanks. I'll try and pop in when I can today! Hope you are doing o.k congratulationscongratulations

dang! work keeps getting in a way Sad

I'm doing OK Chup - thanks.

Hello Veronica

Just dropping by...

Today has been an awful day, I was hoping it got better this morning, cos it started bad already... Then a friend texted me we wouldn't be able to meet up (we had plans to go to a new chocolate bar in town)... So, okay, no biggie, because she was at ER with a friend of hers.

A bit later: text from my best (pregnant) friend, asking me if we could meet another time (I was going to her place to keep her company since she's really bored and didn't want to sit alone anymore). I was looking forward to that, cos we were going for a walk and we were able to catch up a bit. Anyhow, she wasn't feeling in the mood anymore. Okay, no problem, I understand.

On the bus, on the way back home, a text from sis, to tell me she had gotten bad news: she's been fired. She was on learning credit, so she had a job, but 'interrupted' it for a higher education. After two years in this system, she loses her job (she's been working there for... a long time already), collective redundancies (or something like that). She's a mess, because she really didn't expect this (even though the company she worked for has had a lot of troubles lately). I'm going to her place this eve, to talk a bit, distract her and we made a point to our friend in the states (the one we are staying with), we would like to plan a bit more and talk things through, because tomorrow the 'blok' (study period) starts for sis and me, and neither of us wants to be distracted. So finally for that...

I'm in a very blah mood, just wanted a place to vent (lol), going to do something fun now. Oh, we're having a BBQ tomorrow ;-)

Edit: day after. Still not had the chance to talk to our friend and plan... something came up... Kinda had it now!

HI everyone .... dropping by to say hello and hope that everyone has a great weekend ...

Morning - according to the weather forecast, it's supposed to be the hottest weekend of the year.
Well, it's twenty to eight and dull as ditchwater so far. We're getting the train up to London, doing some shopping, having lunch and hopefully meeting up with our girls.
Am going in jeans, open sandals and a linen shirt - no umbrella .... wooo, living dangerously congratulations

Have a great day everyone

Hello to all who see this im just popping in to see if anyones around Smile

Hi Paige - I'm just running in to say HI too. Hope you're ok.

Gill - it's hot as anything here and not even 9am. Sun is shining - woo hoo

Gotta go and do shopping, gardening and washing now. BBQ later on !

Enjoy the weekend

Hi Sharon im fine thanks hope to chat with you soon Smile

Hello everyone, it's just about noon here on Saturday and I haven't done squat. My balcony only gets sun from about 10-11am so I sat in the sun the entire hour and sunned my legs (gotta get tan for swimsuit season, you know). Now I've just put a load of laundry in and thinking about starting my schoolwork.

I'll check back later and see if anyone's around.

Have fun at the cabin, Armell!

How are you? How was your Saturday? It sounds like kitty is healing nicely.

It was a working day...

He is doing so much better than I expected. When I first took him to the vet, I really expected them to amputate .. There is still that chance, but to me it looks better all the time. He is stretching his leg, and flexing his claw on his injured foot ..

So sad, I dont understand who could do such a thing??? Maybe it was an accident? What do you think?

I honestly do not know ... I live in the country. We have 6.5 acres, and the cats have woods on both sides ot our property to roam in. I don't think that they go into the neighbors yards. We have a neighbor who admits to killing armadillos and possums ... He might shoot at cats .. We also have gotten some new neighbors that I don't know very well ...

It really makes me mad ... If they have a problem, come and see me before you start just shooting ...

Ugh, I hope it was some kind of accident. Poor kitty.

What else is going on in your life? I'm approaching finals so I'm working on papers and flashcards and the like.

I really liked the 80s stuff this week. Fun!

I have had two fun weekends with Kijo.. She and i had a great visit. The sweetheart came down the first time to bring me a mother's day present ... Smile

I am still doing the training stuff at work. we are partially through. we should be done aroung the beginning of July. It will be a relief to get on my normal schedule.

Finals .... sounds tough ... I am so glad that is all behind me ...

won't be too long now .... aren't you about finished with school??

If I'm lucky I'll be done in December ... if I can get the classes I need.

I dont really know! I'm fine with my current job but I would like to earn more money. I would like to get a job with Department of Insurance or the City or County of Los Angeles once the budget gets straightened out and they start hiring again. They wont even look at my resume without a degree, regardless of my experience.

I never set out to get my Bachelors. I just wanted my Associates degree but once I got that I decided to keep going while I was on a roll, lol