Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

Drop in and say HI Thread

I missed Army yesterday - it was around the time I'm getting ready to go home from work.

Hope all is well with you

Get the camera's ready for when Zoonie comes in with her new fab haircut congratulations

Dropping in a quick line.
Will be heading to b-fast momentarily.

Just emptied the last bit out of my PS trunk.

Did I miss you Kijo?

Was announcing a lost Petling, had so little time this past couple of days - bad mother!

I've just got to answer a couple of important emails, but if it says I'm online, I'll be looking back from time to time Smile

had a very late/early guest, but leaving for breakfast now. will return in approx. an hour.

I'm back - computer trouble - had to reboot 5 times before it let me log in Mad

Hi Bee, how are you? (apart from frustrated with the pc???)

Hello Zoonie

I'm doing good thanks. It's lovely warm so I'm sitting at my desk (silently cursing stupid PC) in a lovely dress sipping my coffee.

Did you have a good time at hairdressers? Did it all go well with YD hair?
I was going to do paparazzi on you with a camera Laughing but stupid PC had different idea so I missed your entrance

Laughing

Sunday, with both the girls was low key really, the weather here wasn't so great, but it was lovely to all be together.

YD stayed overnight, as you know, and off we went to the Salon - it's about a half hour drive from here.

YD was really worried, it was a big process, but it turned out well, let me type a separate message to tell all about it...

YD's hair is very long, she's naturally a dark blonde colour, almost brown, but with lots of natural highlights that shine through, especially in the summer.

For some bizarre reason, she'd dyed it jet black! and was then surprised when it
a) ruined the condition, so it went quite woolly
b) was a flat and very matt colour, with no natural shine or gloss at all, and no change in tones when she moved her head and it caught the light.

SO, first off, they had to use a process to strip out all the dye - this left her hair kind of dark auburn, with aubergine tints when she moved her head ...
shocking, but they had forewarned her.

After that process, they then have to put some colour back in to it, but, it wasn't possible to go back to her natural colour, as that's too light, it could only be done over time, in stages.

So, they used 4 different colours in foil highlights.

Then, after that, they used an all over tint, to sort out the ends of her hair, and tone everything down a bit.

All the products they used were of a good quality, with the colours being organic.

After all that, she had a blow dry.

While all this was happening, I had a special deep conditioning treatment, and a cut and blow dry (have gone shorter for 'Summer' to shoulder length) and chatted to her and her stylist, while drinking tea and coffee and reading magazines.

We were there 5 hours in total, plus and hour travelling.

When we got home, IMOM had a glass of wine waiting and was well under way cooking dinner for us all Smile

It was a great day, if expensive - but we paid for it all for her birthday present and, she's absolutely thrilled with it. Am going to speak to her later to check that she feels the same today.
It was really soft and very shiny, and all the various tones come through - it looked fantastic.

Ok I am back

Wow Z, sounds like quite an ordeal, but bet she will think twice before going black again ; D

that sounds lovely

I have to admit I have not been to hairdressers for about 2 years

My ends are very very badly split so I will have to go soon - I want to go before I'm going home but I have never been to hairdresser in my village so I don't know if any of them are good.

The trouble with me is I don't really know what I want done with my hair - I just want to keep it long Sad

Zoonie wrote:

I've improvised for Three Lions rofl

tomorrow is the big game isn't it? Make or Break for England.

inu-kijo wrote:
Ok I am back

Wow Z, sounds like quite an ordeal, but bet she will think twice before going black again ; D

welcome back Kijo.

I have had blue-black colour once but it was not permanent (the one that last about 3 monts) but I had short hair that time so it wouldn't have been long for it to outgrow. Now that I have long hair (currently few inches above my waist but needs cutting) I will have to think twice (if not three times) with permanent hair colour because you kind of stuck with it for a long time if you change your mind (or it's long and expensive process to have it stripped)

She's been warned!!!

Anyway, that was the whole escapade, and apparently, I'm her fairy godmother now, as well as Mum!

Yes, tomorrow is make, or break, I'm trying to muster all my positive thoughts
IMOM will be on his way home when it's on, unless he leaves early or stays later and watches it at work (they've installed a TV especially)

Welcome Back Kijo. you said you've emptied your chest, is that it? have you quit PS?

I recently dyed my hair a darker brown (I am a meduim brownish red colour now...) and it was kind of cool, cause it didnt colour the red tint in my hair, so it was a nice darker medium chocolate brown, but teh red shone through with the light so still looked pretty natural. and I like it. : D

Want to do it again soon, as the dye has already faded out now.

Well I havent been playing for months now Z, apart from buying a few outfits here and there, still ahve all my clothes (or most really) but finally jsut got tired of it all, and gave away the last 10 pages of stuff over the last couple of days.

So thats that.

The very odd thing with YD, apart from the dye she used which as I said was such a dark, flat black - her roots are light, so she actually looked like she was going grey! rofl

Nice - I just learned from a client that my boss is going on holiday next week!

I'm really glad that as a first point of contact in the firm (all calls and e-mails go to me) I'm so well informed!

Not very good manners there Bee, is it!

I'm bored with PS too really, but like the contact with the people I care about Smile

IMOM just said he'll keep up with the score on his Blackberry and watch the last bit of the game with me, bless him.

Bear with me, I have to go and put the kettle on>>>

Still around and about, jsut never play anymore, so figured i could give my things to people who could use them

gave most of it away to a friend who doesnt hav any forum type of friends, and therefor does not have a whole lot of things.

sure she will be surprised next time she logs on. ; D

good thing - I should have little bit more time for "non-work" but it's the fact that I'm always the last one to be told stuff like that.

Half of the time one of the bosses just gets up and leave the office in the middle of the day without saying a word and then I'm suppose to tell something to his clients when they call and ask for him.

I have to say I've lost interest in PS after the last big hack (with rares) - to me there was nothing to work towards and Payfish not doing anything about it - then CCs (don't get my started on that!) spoiled it too.

I keep the account active but don't do visits much and don't buy much stuff but love keeping in touch with some people I've met because of the game.

I have noticed (just before my break up) that PS was taking lots of my precious free time.

I might find someone to give some of my stuff too as not there is no point saving it for trading later

*rant over*

yes there are too many problems, too hard to keep up with, and more and more expensive every week.....

and it takes all my time.

although i am glad I played it as I have met many people along the way, I guess I have outgrown it, or jsut plain out cant take it anymore.....

It's funny how many of us came to the same conclusion at the same kind of time frame - perhaps outgrown it, or perhaps just been playing too long, so that the new stuff that comes out is effectively the same old/same old.

When you needed to save and work to design a room, it was great, but now it's just a question of redesigning rooms in order to use new stuff - not the same.

Grrr, the Q key on my keyboard has started sticking.

well I have been playing it for long long time - started after first Halloween.

Yes the game has changed so much but items in it not.

I think it is a reflection of how the game's 'developed' - if you agree that it's actually developed as such, and not just continued.

Not sure we're necessarily the right target market?

Zoonie wrote:
I think it is a reflection of how the game's 'developed' - if you agree that it's actually developed as such, and not just continued.

Not sure we're necessarily the right target market?

we are probably not the right age group...

lol prolly not. : D

funny its in its third year and still in beta???

: /

Not really a development... when nothing is being developed though.

I find soem thigns neat still... but msot of the time they end up being CC.

lately this place should jsut be called PAYfish.

I guess no-one noticed that in my early post - I've called them payfish Laughing

yes all the nice stuff is CC and even those have now been hacked *sign*

I don't use FB as much as I once did either - like you Bee, I found it was taking up far too much time, and since having to spend so much time on the house and projects, you break the habit and find so much more else to do instead.

I totally understand that Playfish need to make money in order to even exist - what I don't think they do is give their paying customers the value and support that they ought to provide once people are paying.

I've spent money on the game, and just didn't think it was worth it to be honest.

yes I guess we have outgrown it

See you Kijo, go carefully Smile

Lovely day here still Bee - this must be summer!

byeee Kijo

Yes Zoonie - it should be like this whole week

...and DM has lent me 2 extra lions, so I now have my 3 lions in goal on Zoonie's England footie pitch :rofl

Oh no, someone has lit a garden fire and the smell is filling the kitchen Sad

Zoonie wrote:
Oh no, someone has lit a garden fire and the smell is filling the kitchen Sad

oh no! now it's not the weather to be sitting in with your windows closed

I'm going to have to go and close them, so I think I'll say goodbye for now and do some other chores - then I can sit and watch the match later without a guilty conscience
(am studiously avoiding the Budget today - what will be, will be)

*although am hoping for a massive tax levied on ex Primeministers and ex Chancellors :rofl (<-- Zoonie's creative accounting)

oh yeah - forgot about budget - no doubt bosses will be dicussing in after lunch

I'm will be signing off too - got to finish some letters before lunch (soon).

Lovely talking to you ( as always) and good luck to England this evening - I will not be watching

Hi guys, stopping by, cannot stay as I have my last final tomorrow
Today was a tough one. But we'll see.

Very very tired, cannot wait until tomorrow 6pm my time... Cos then it REALLY is over (for now at least)

But now, off to the books.
Fingers crossed, this one is really hard!