Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

Drop In and Say Hi 2

Guest Guest
Hi everyone,

My news of the day : the air conditioning in our condo building has been broken since monday morning! It is 83 degrees in my condo!!
Mad
We are soooo hot! My daughter and I went down to the pool to cool off this morning. I can't wait for it to be fixed!!!!!

Hi Nancy

I would not make it without air.. at least you have a pool... can get good and cold and tired enough to sleep

oh well... going to go do some stuff.. may check back later

Oh Nancy, that sounds dreadful .,.. my last apartment had a useless wall unit; my apartment thermometer would read 100 degrees plus during the summer! Needless to say I only lasted one year at that place. So I am feeling your pain and am sending my best wishes.

Was up all night with throbbing sinus pressure so I decided to call my doctor today ... who turns out is on vacation for A MONTH with no one filling in for him. I had to locate an urgent care and waited two hours to be seen. It wasn't the most pleasant afternoon. Sad But at least now I got my meds.

awwww... Mindy ... so sorry to hear that you are still ill.

Nancy ... that sounds very hot!! I hope they get it fixed soon!

MIL is here and I hope to last the two weeks ..... Came home from work today and she told me she couldn't figure out how to get the hot water on ?? you turn the faucet to the left.... We have been married 12 years and everything still belongs to OH. According to her it is his shower, his tv, his speakers, ..... about the only thing that is mine is the kitchen and the cats .....

oh well, thanks for letting me blow off some steam .... love to you all!!

Morning - lovely day, so OH and I are going out (Bodiam Castle, lunch and then Sheffield Park Gardens, all in Sussex if anyone wants a look on Google) It's a lovely day and we're so weary from hard gardening. I covered myself in Factor 30 yesterday, but missed my back, which is just slightly sore today - silly woman that I am!

Frannie wrote:
Good morning! Finally woke up early enough and I still missed Gill. Have been sleeping in a bit lately, all the way till 7:30 or so. OF course I'be been staying up until 2 so no real gain.

I keep missing you lately, bear with me - you know it's a strange old time...am thinking of you all though x
Tanya, I feel your pain - didn't like my late MiL at all, she had a cunning way of saying really insulting things to me on the quiet and if I ever told OH he'd say that I'd taken it the wrong way 'she didn't mean it like that' - I knew just exactly how she meant it!
Keep your chin up and vent all you like

yellownancy wrote:
Hi everyone,

My news of the day : the air conditioning in our condo building has been broken since monday morning! It is 83 degrees in my condo!!
Mad
We are soooo hot! My daughter and I went down to the pool to cool off this morning. I can't wait for it to be fixed!!!!!

Hi Nancy, we don't have air con in our homes over here, just some shops and office buildings, but WOW! having had some hot days this summer (and nights) I really sympathise.
Hope it gets fixed soonest before you pass out.

mindyjoy wrote:
Was up all night with throbbing sinus pressure so I decided to call my doctor today ... who turns out is on vacation for A MONTH with no one filling in for him. I had to locate an urgent care and waited two hours to be seen. It wasn't the most pleasant afternoon. Sad But at least now I got my meds.

Poor you Mindy, it's no joke - fancy going away all that time and not organising any cover Sad
Get well soon.

Wish - you made me laugh out loud...we SO need to see some of those pics.
Glad you had a lovely, if exhausting, weekend. Hope to catch up with you soon.

back from b-fast. sorry got sidetracked yesterday.... looking at a site with adorable things!!!!

Trying to start a project..... something that will give me goals and stuff to do things more constructive.... been wasting all the free time that I have on nothing at all... need to fx that.

Hey guys,

Just a quick note to tell you I'm about to leave for the festival, so I won't be around much. Hope you're all doing okay

Just checking in ... thanks for all the well wishes everyone, I'm feeling much better today Smile

Thanks for the wishes Gill.. I think that she means well.. most of the time, she just doesn't realize how things sound.

I really do like her, I know that I could have done a lot worse.

Glad youare feeling better Mindy!

Go Kijo!! I like that you are working towards goals!

Everyone make sure and get their free kitty from PS..... If you don't knw where it is, check my FB page.

Guest Guest
I posted it up on my page as well!
It's so cute.. but it's too bad it's not animated...

Update: The air conditioning in my condo has now been fixed! It's 28 degrees at night, so I'm happy it's back up!

sorry I have not been around much this week but work's been busy.
Hope you all doing well. I will be in and out a lot today so please bear with me Smile

Hi Bee! been missing oyu a bit this week, my morning chat buddy been gone.!!!

BG have a great time on your trip!!

Mindy, I am glad that you are feeling much better!

Nancy, glad you have AC again, mine is acting up again, but as of now, since I am about to move, could care less. : D

Tanya.... i know, I wish I had more time to focus on goals that I actually want to achieve..... its a bad excuse, but when you are working so much, sometimes hard to keep up.

Hello Kijo

sorry about that! Great news on your apartment! How long will it take to sort out the move?

1 September is not too far away and should give you enough time to pack/clean etc.

Love the t-shirt. Monster eating cupcakes

l

yes that is waht i thought too....... can't wait to get into the new place!!!! i am beyond myself, honestly.
Hoping to hear from the Dr and make my day complete!!! : D

Yes, i like my little monster, was in such a good mood, had to draw!!! and what better than with a monster eating cupcakes??? : D

It sounds like things are looking up for you!

Fingers crossed with Dr issue (sorry I have not really read back).
You off this weekend?

I am off today.... which is good enough for me!!! hard to get any days off with my schedule. : P

If nothing else, the news today promises for a great weekend!!

How have you been?? very busy I guess?

Good morning. Here just in time to tell kijo have a good day!

Yup!!! Cause it is time for me to pack up and head out for now!!!

Will be cooking an awesome meal later that I have never cooked before, will ahve to share later.

Good bye to all!!!

Yeah a bit.
Because I went to give blood on wednesday I had to go to different slimming world group on tuesday because I would have to pay for missed week.
Last night I went out to photograph a dragon (it's part of dragon parade in Wales that I'm hoping to go and see in late Septmber) and I met up with one new friend and we ended up going for a meal and had great chat. Got home at 11pm.

Having social life is so tiring Laughing

Looks like we cross posted this Kijo

Hello Frannie
have not spoken to you for ages. How are you?

I'm good, thanks for asking. How are you? So great that you are able to donate blood. I used to, am now disqualified because OF the needles and insulin I use.

I guess I'm lucky enough that I can give blood - there are so many restrictions now about that! And my iron level was high enough this time.

I was happy as this was my 25th donations so I got my silver award. My sister can't give blood as she is too thin but she is registered as bone marrow donor (she was jealous that I'm helping people and she can't so she found a way). I might look into that and she (and even Mr B knew) that I want my organs to be used should the worse happen.

Yes, I have the same request and it's stated as such in my final documents. Tissue as well. Not pleasant to think of, but you must make these plans ahead of time.

Well, either you got busy, or my phone is not working correctly. Either way, I'm going in the house to get myself set up for today. Will catch you later if I can. Have an awesome weekend

You are right about that!

I don't have any "final documents" yet - maybe that's something else I should look into but I don't really have any posession to speak of (and no children) so not really sure if that's necessary for me.

Let's speak about something more cheerful now.
Its friday and it's sunny! Two days of no work ahead of me. I got paid today being last working day in a month. Need to work out my spending for this month so I can start saving for the trip next June

I always get so excited when I think about it.

Frannie wrote:
Well, either you got busy, or my phone is not working correctly. Either way, I'm going in the house to get myself set up for today. Will catch you later if I can. Have an awesome weekend

Have a great time with "girls" Frannie - movies and quilting today right?

Hello everyone, happy Friday! I am having a bit of a solo dance party in my apartment tonight!!!

Solo dancing? can be a great stress reliever! lol.

Morning - it was quite a nice day yesterday, but we did have some rain, and it rained overnight...so this morning it's really dark - I could go back to bed and sleep all over again, am sore and pretty well seized up from all the gardening we've been doing, but am so looking forward to it when it's finally all cleared, then we can do some replanting.

Has anyone any weekend plans?

Hi everyone, just dropping in, Hoping you are all well
I am home briefly from a very wet camping trip in Wales. We are off again tomorrow to visit my niece in Skegness, really hoping the weather improves!!!!

Hi all ... it is Saturday night and almost time for me to get in bed ... what an exciting life I lead!! There is a part two to the story .. I have to be back at work in about 5 hours .....

I am having a good visit with the MIL .. She is enjoying my Kindle and is quiet as a mouse.. Why didn't I think of this before?? hehe

It was really nice today to come home to lunch on the table and not have to worry about it. She is very sweet to have around like that.

Kijo ... love the monster!!

Bee... Good luck getting the pictures..

I hope that everyone has a wonderful weekend!!

Hey everyone

Just dropping by for a quick hello, I have some time left now before heading to BFs place and go to bed. Working at the festival is pretty rough, it takes some time adjusting. Again :-) It's now almost 3am my time (which is... 6pm in California, 9pm in Florida/Georgia and 2am England) and I am tired.

Heading home, finally. All the performances/concerts have finished 30mins ago, but our work doesn't stop until somewhere in the early hours.

Hope you are all well!

Good Sunday morning all

cogsy wrote:
Hi everyone, just dropping in, Hoping you are all well
I am home briefly from a very wet camping trip in Wales. We are off again tomorrow to visit my niece in Skegness, really hoping the weather improves!!!!

Oooh Marie, camping in wet Wales, rather you than me - will keep my fingers crossed for better weather this week for you - all I really know of Skeggie is that old slogan 'Skegness...sooooo bracing!' If all else fails, that should dry you out a bit Laughing

TanyaRC wrote:
Hi all ... it is Saturday night and almost time for me to get in bed ... what an exciting life I lead!! There is a part two to the story .. I have to be back at work in about 5 hours .....

I am having a good visit with the MIL .. She is enjoying my Kindle and is quiet as a mouse.. Why didn't I think of this before?? hehe

It was really nice today to come home to lunch on the table and not have to worry about it. She is very sweet to have around like that.

Hi Tanya, glad you're getting an upside to MiL's visit. Tell me, is Kindle the e-reader? not used one myself.
My life really isn't very exciting at the moment either, lots of physical work in the garden - now the house looks a state again ... it's never ending isn't it.

Toulouse wrote:
... our work doesn't stop until somewhere in the early hours.

Hi BG, for some reason I hadn't realised that you were starting the festival work quite so soon, let's hope your sleep leaves you rested!

I woke at half six this morning, convinced it was time to get up. IMOM said 'What are you doing? go back to sleep now' He sprinkled me with his imaginary sleep dust and next thing I knew he had brought a mug of tea to the bedside and it was about 140 minutes later

So - his 'imaginary sleep dust' worked a treat!

Have been looking at the pictures of Chelsea Clinton's wedding. They've obviously released just a handful of photographs, none with their bridesmaids or the groom's parents Sad
The couple look very much in love, and I like her dress (until the skirt starts!)

Re Pet Society, I have got in intermittently, but I think my connection must be too poor now the game's got more features and the house is so full (or something) as 9/10 times it just will not load!

Can anyone check Kitty's first room please and see if we have all the stuff for Dawny Dawn from the TWS (Include anything TWS that Kitty's wearing) TY

Hi Z, just stopping by to give more information ;-) Then I'm off again.

At a 'normal' day at the festival, we go over there at around 6:30pm and usually go home around... 2am, 3am, depends. Yesterday we left at 3 - 3:15am and went to bed at 4am, we got up at 1pm, we were both exhausted (result, a new cold sore, it's the 3rd one in 3 weeks now). Today is a not-so-normal day, the festival starts 2hrs earlier, so we have to be there at 4:30 now, and work till the early hours. It's gonna be very exhausting, but at least there's a band playing I really like (Papa Roach), so hoping it'll help me get through today.

Okay, need to get a couple of things done, so I'm off now!

Hi Gill ..

The Kindle is Amazon's electronic book. It is a wonderful device if you like to read. I am not picky so I usually read the free books. Plus they have a lot of books that you can download from the internet now.

BG ... sounds like you have been very busy!!

hello , i am back, but i don't know for how long, sometimes i get in and most of the time i don't Sad
i just got home from my trip to the cabin and a fantastic two weeks it was, but there were wild fires all around us and the smoke was really bad but we managed to get to the lake a lot and got the dirt and ash off of us and felt refreshed. the fires were not close enough to get too worried but the thought was on my mind when we left that we may not have a cabin when we return . oh well, we can always start tenting it again if we have to lol i hope you are all well and i do miss you all so very much.
i hope i can get back in again when someone is around, please take care xoxo

what a start of a day for me. My house mate had some friends over till abut 23.30. I must have dozed off at some point before they left (remember looking at clock at 23.00) and woke up at 2am to use bathroom. Next thing I know it's 7am and my alarm clock didn't go off! 25 minutes to shower, make up, get dressed, get my lunch packed and out of door - sadly no time for breakfast or make-up.

When in shower I realised that at the weekend I bough 2 shampoos instead of shampoo and conditioner. At least I had reasonable relaxing weekend.

How is everyone?

your weekend sounds similar to mine.

people at my house house as well. got no sleep Saturday night. woke up 45 minutes late to work, once I got to work, i was too sick to stay, and ended up going home a few hours later.
Still feeling pretty crummy so far, but get to go home soon and rest, so that is a good thing.

Friday I had a very good day though.... so i guess my weekend was only so so?? Laughing

Started an art and food blog as well.
artandcookingbykijo.blogspot.com

I can't post comment to your blog - in future you can use thin latex gloves when chopping jalapenos or chillies (trick I've learned from one of cooks that worked for me when in pub trade).

Hope you feel better soon hun

the settings were for people who have signed up for the blog site or whatever, but I just changed it so anyone can post now. sorry for that trouble.

the page set up is temporary til I find some set up that I like better. But I am having fun cooking, and I guess it makes me have things to do if you know what I mean..... keeping busy. as if 2 jobs isnt quite enough.

thanks for the tip. I'll keep it in mind, although I do not like using jalapenos too much.

no trouble at all!

Yeah I used to do the"chopping chillies and then rubbing your eyes" think even though I know I shoudn't. I'm sure you can buy cheap latex gloves in pharmacy or some cheap stores.

I'm using this for my chillies

it's for onions but I do garlic, chillies etc in that too as it help minimise hand to ingedience contact (and stops your eyes getting watery when chopping onions)

I have something similar to that but its really old and a hassle to use and clean.
wanna get a slap chop..... and a garlic press for that matter.
think I spend more time mincing garlic than any thing else lately!!! hehehe