Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zoonie

Drop In and Say Hi 2

OK playmates going to have to love and leave you for another time - got things to do.

ED is coming this weekend (until Monday night) with her B/F, so doubt I'll be on line - will be thinking of you all though and hope that everyone has a great weekend (especially you Tanya)
Byeee for now.
x

Just got back in from b-fast.

Mindy, you should send me the recipe, would still love to try it, I am a fan of pineapple, the point is to try new things. : D

Z, send me something on over, there are lots of things I don't really like, but that list is too long (ask Tanya) and most of the time I can get by with some things. let me know what you are thinking, and if for some reason I dont think i can eat it (ie a liver and onion dish will not be made in my house) then I will let you know. The only thing I ask is no pork, i really dont care for the meat. : D

Did you guys see the recipe thread that popped up yesterday after my post on here??? hmmmmm.

Mary send me a Korean recipe via Facebook yesterday, and I am going to try a fish dish this weekend (dont really care for fish at all to be honest.) Fish time buying fish at the market..... ugggh, gonna have to touch it..... think its gonna be worse than touching chicken. : C

Just dropped by to say HI !! It is Friday night and all is well, well sort of .. It is raining here, which is a blessing. It has been so hot lately. just as long as I get to keep the power on I will be happy.

Gill .. she is 78 ... love her to death, but sometimes .... :o)

Kijo ... I will have to think about recipes... Did I give you a cookbook?? If not, let me know the next time that you come see me.

Probably one of the best things that I ever ate was a green apple curry soup served hot, not chilled. VERY delish.. very different from my normal food . You know that I love mexican food. The other day I had fried eggplant that was topped with a mushroom sauce ... I wiped the plate clean with a piece of bread .... ;o) Love any kind of seafood grilled. I will have to put on my thinking cap ..

Hi everyone.. just a little bit before new stuff comes in and I thought I would maybe catch someone. Got a note in PS from Gill. Her laptop computer has a virus and she can't connect at all. She asked I let you folk know.

Just got done eating the most delicious dinner, Robin cooked tonight. Will have to send you the recipe Kijo

Just got done with b-fast.... running a bit late... tired, rady to go to bed.
=____=

sure Frannie, send it on over!!!

I'm bit late today - printer crisis first thing in the morning. All sorted now.

Hope you all had nice weekend

Hi Bee!!! Was wondering fi you would be here today or not.

Trying to look for updates for my mac..... Its in a long needed update mode.... and now trying to figure out a way to get Leopard with out spending a couple hundred bucks.

My weekend was fine, how about you??

Guess I can post a Dr update.... had to switch my appointment to Friday morning, so have already been

the visit was pretty anti climatic, cause I have already had every test under the sun run on me at least 3 times at this point.

The Dr said that there was 7 signs to RA and you have to have 4 of them to be diagnosed. told me that I have 6 of the 7, and the only reason why i did not have the last one was because he did not want to do x-rays on me.

Put me on new meds. Methatrixate, a drug I have been sort of waiting to get on.... but it can take several months to get into your system.....so while I am waiting on that, also have Prednisone, which is a synththic steroid that I have to take every other day to get me by til the good meds start to kick in. Also have a folic acid I take every day.
all week I take 14 pills..... but improved from the 20 something pills a day I was taking before.

Haven't gotten sick off of any of the pills yet, which is good. been dizzy both days I have been on them though.
Am just hoping that everything works like it should and that I can actually be like really normal.

Sorry Kijo - work was hectic last week and I didn't get chance to come here Sad

Leopard - I'm going to take a stab in dark and guess that you are talking about operating system for Mac rather than the actual animal Laughing

My weekend was quiet - managed to do all my laundry, all the ironing and clean up most of the house (yes my housemate was out again). Away next weekend for Bath trip (Bath being a town in UK) so I didn't want to have any outstanding chores (at least personal ones).

Done some cooking too - Kidneys in red wine sauce and it's yummy. I've got the recipe on my website (not sure if I gave you the address).

Thanks for the update about DR - let's hope it will all be getting better or at least managable now that you are taking "proper" stuff. Still sorry to hear that you are having medical problems to start with - I don't know how I would have coped in your place but I guess you don't really have an option do you?

Have you start packing yet or you leaving it all for last minute?
I bet you are excited about the move

Kidneys O____O

I tried Fish this weekend...not sure I am that brave.
No, I do not think that I have your site.
I posted a new fish taco recipe on mine.
Could not get Cod, had to get Haddock instead
wasn't sure, in he middle of cooking, if I was supposed to somehow cut the skin off or if you were supposed to eat that... had to call my g-ma to figure it out, and caught the oil in the kitchen on fire..... was quite a day!!, but all turned out fine.

Yes, my mac is running on Tiger now, and I never updated when Leopard came out, and now I am in need of it to download the newest version of photoshop...... *rolleyes* hate updating computers.

No, I guess I really dont have an option.... but you know.... I am honestly a little concerned. Not sure I know how to function normally anymore..... is that sad to say?? I have been sick for so long now, its normal.....
Sophie, who suffers like me, says that I will not be able to again some of the things I have lost though..... like the strength in my hands and bones that have already deformed, like my extremely crooked pinky..... so am not very happy about this..... was hoping strength and dexterity would come back.

havent started any packing yet, was going to try and work trhough some of my stuff today after a LONG nap.

have not seen the place either, so gonna try to call up to the office today and see if I can check it out. Also need to get them to add new carpet, and ask them some questions about painting and what not. (some places allow it, others do not.)

I am very excited about moving though. was looking at craigs list last night, and ran across a table that has 4 chairs that is only 25 bucks..... am tempted to go out and get it, but think its a bad idea to buy furniture before moving.... so am torn on it.

I've never really tried kidneys before but I like liver so I though why not.
Sounds like quite a day in your kitchen. As far as fish is concerned - if you grill it you tend to keep the skin on but if your recipe ask for a fish that's cut up in pieces then you would normally remove the skin (it's easier done when the fish is big piece - e.g whole side of fish)

I had fish on saturday too - I love fish me and bough talapia fillets in sweet chilli marinade from fish counter in my supermarket - comes in a bag already marinated, just pan fry it. It was yummy.

I can't really speak for RA as I'm not that familiar but maybe once the meds kick in propely you might try to do some excerices to strenghten your hands (like post operative physio?).

It's not sad to say - it's said that you coudln't have anyting done earlier that it had to come to a point when you consider it "being normal". No point dwelling on past - look forward to brighter future

my website is:
http://petra.jirusova.tripod.com/

Thanks for the website!! I have several recipes alredy from friends that I am going to start to try and cook. been having fun with it so far. I really do enjoy cooking.
It was battered and fried, and I was told to leave the skin on, but i guess does not make too much of a difference. I actaully wasnt sure about the doneness of the piece I ate.... but the oil was very hot, so could have jsut been me being weird about it.

Yes, BG and I talked about exercises, and I am familiar with them, cause I had PT for the hand that I broke. and yes, its very das it has had to ome this far, and technically I am still not better, and now will be suffering long term for things that perhpas could have been avoided in the beginning..... but as you said.... move on forward. If I can go day to day with little to no pain, i would be happy enough. Oh, and able to walk up and down stairs like people do.

Bookmarking the website.... and its that time for me.... girl is already 10 minutes late. =___=

See ya later Bee, have a good day!!!!

Yes you need to look at bright side - it could have been worse - at least you can walk.

Have a nice rest and will talk to you later hun

Just stopping by to say hello - it's the first evening now I'm spending 'home' (am not really home yet, am leaving tomorrow) and not on the festival. Has been a long time for me, and gonna be glad when I'll be back at my place to rest and do my own things again (also have to study). Ended with a sore throat yesterday, am feeling better, but not there yet. Hope it's just from fatigue and I'll be better again tomorrow.

Hope everyone is doing okay!

how is everyone this fine sunny day?

Nooooooooooooo
I'm still here but working at the same time
How are you Kijo?

Oh didnt see where it said online. I am ok. how about you.... not wanting to go to work next door.

Trying to make time go slower in my head!!! : P

I'm doing good - counting days till weekend

what's happening next door? Moody boss?

Sorry. ahd to leave. not a moody boss.... jsut another shift and another 8 hours of work that i did not want to deal with.

Hope you survived that in one piece

Just checking in very quickly to say hello. Am on my way to quilt camp and will not be here. I apologize for not being here much this week, have been doing lots of running. Hope everyone is happy and well!

Hello. Popping in to see how everyone is doing. Nobody is ever here when I come Sad
I will stop in again another time Smile Hugs, to all.

Oh Novia, I'm so sad I missed you!!!!!!!! *hugs* to you

I've been having major drama with my best friend IRL. She is going through some kind of a meltdown. She's in the hospital now, being monitored, but I don't know what will happen when she is released??

It's all that's been on my mind lately. Sad

Just a pop by to say hi. I haven't been in here in a long time. I miss everyone and hope you are all doing well. Have a great weekend. I will be back soon. Big hugs from Chup and I:)

Hi all ... it is another quiet Friday night at my house. The MIL is gone and I made it through with my sanity.

I am waiting on a bride and MOB. They are family of a coworker and want to use the gym for a wedding reception in about 6 weeks. I am excited. Love to have happy events around.

I will peek in later and see if anyone has shown up ... xoxoxoxoxo

hey guys.

long time! i seem to have been lost some where between neverland and where the heck am i?... but, im back. missed you all. TONS! Hope all of my friends have been well. just wanted to let you guys know i didnt completely forget about you all, and how much i appreciated your company humor and banter. thanks a ton, and then some. to all of those i havnt met yet. hiya! hopefully ill come around more often to meet you all. at any rate im rambling and using too many periods so. catch you all soon. wubs....

~ a squirrel.

* tackle hug *
SQUIRREL!!!! It is so good to hear from you!! Thanks for checking in and leaving word. I am so glad to hear that things are good and you still remember us!! It was a genuine pleasure to talk to you the other night. I hope to have many more conversations .....

Hiya a quick fly by from me - things have been either frantic or tricky here, not really sure which, but I don't seem to have any time for anything these days and yet don't seem to be achieving anything either - does that make any sense at all?

Hope everyone is ok, don't have time to read back right now, but LOOK, Squirrel - hello stranger!

As for the Gift Registry I think I really have to give it up because I'm just not getting time to play and no one really seems to be enthusiastic about collecting the stuff any more either.
I guess the game peaked?

I'm a real ray of sunshine today aren't I, sorry about that, will try and snap out of it soon as I can *hugs all round*

YAY Squirrel is back, does that mean Pookie has a bf again? hehehehehehe

We missed you and are super duper happy you're back.

Major friend drama for me this weekend, plus studying for finals. I missed out on last weeks TWS but no big deal, I guess. I've given up on trying to collect EVERYTHING out there.

I hope to be more chatty this week. Take care, all!

Hi everyone! Back from camp and dragging my butt, other than that, all is well and let's just say - what happens @ camp stays @ camp. Can't begone to tell you howuch fun it is to be with 12-13 per friends who share a common art/hobby.

Frannie wrote:
Hi everyone! Back from camp and dragging my butt, other than that, all is well and let's just say - what happens @ camp stays @ camp. Can't begone to tell you howuch fun it is to be with 12-13 per friends who share a common art/hobby.
Francine! it's been so long Sad

Hello everyone
hope you all had nice weekend.

Frannie wrote:

Yes I can - I just spend a weekend in Bath with 12 other "fiberglass animal statue enthusiasts" and we had such a great time - so much fun and not a single quarrel.

Another news - I've heard from Elivis - just a little note as I tagged him on my photo with lion Elvis.