Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
solid snake

Why I can't get Treasure Hunts anymore

Ok, now i talk about JB situation here, regarding INSIDERS, SCALPERS bla bla bla...

Firstly, i had to agreed what u guys said, it is fun on Hunting those green on the rack, when those places is not infected by those Insiders or Scalpers...

I start collecting on 1996, on those years, i dunt even know what is a Treasure Hunts till year 2000, i even open all my Treasure Hunt for display, or saw few of them on the rack and i only take 1 (Tsunami, Camaro or Chevy)..., story stars here, on year 2005, i met some JB collectors, they tell me the story about the VALUE of Treasure Hunt while in the gathering, from that time, i saw some collectors get so many Green Card easily, even when Hotwheels start a Regular and Super selling method... I was feeling fishy why i cant get any Super or Regular on the rack just after my friend told me a shocking news...(I was so believed that i still can get greenies easily before this)

He told me that one of the Giant in JB had an insider, and the clever promoter told him the insider name, full name and phone number actually (Clap for the promoter), ok than, the guy is one of my friend, and he denied it when i talking this story.. HELLO!, full name and a phone number, how coincidence. And than me and my friend try INVESTIGATE few of the Hypermarket and 7e... more and more shocking thing we found in the investigation...

Fast Food Manager(Am not going to reveiled it) !!!! ok, JB collectors sure heard about this person, and most of us know who he is... 7e promoter always will ask us when we dragging Hotwheels on rack, :"Kamu tau ada satu xxxxxx Manager Ke?" .. as we know, this place have to deleted from our list (Some onr know this very well and he was so pissed off to hit this person hardly by attacking his places, and he did it cheers ) am not talking about how this manager involved in this situation, and i know KL have this situation also... He even got SUPER GMC MPTORHOME, YES IS GMC....

By now what i know, JB TRU will filter those Green to what he so-called friends, some 7e for the manager, and we got most un-effected places due to some of the collectors i quitting. and i am not sure like Hokuan said that Giant and Tesco will not have insider as the Mattel supplier will display those Hotwheels on the rack, but i know that some of them also filter those boxes also...

We only can try attacking those sclapers by the right time and right place, hit it hard, but u should pay off hardly too (Time, Petrol, energy....), sharing news to others real collectors... And i still dunt believe Mettal or some store manager will take those complaint seriously...maybe they will think IS JUST A TOY CAR!

KEEP HUNTING GUYS!! Cool

Very agree with bro D.A. I'd been hunting almost all 7es and shopping complexes in JB and skudai area, since past 4-5 months, every week, riding on my old honda motorcycle, under the bright sun and heavy rain, what i got was 3-4 reg t-hunts !!.. Super? No need to say la, Zero with capital Z.

And what most shocked me, when i ask my "evil-bay" friend who live in JB, he said almost everywhere got insider.. Even him use them also.. Argghhh..

But the places i like most when hunting is Giant Kuantan.. Smile. I'd got 2 t-hunt$, 1 t-hunt$ error card (camaro la, what else, Smile), and lots of new cards.. I dont think there got no insider, but he/she at least leave some to customers..

jhc7598 wrote:
Very agree with bro D.A. I'd been hunting almost all 7es and shopping complexes in JB and skudai area, since past 4-5 months, every week, riding on my old honda motorcycle, under the bright sun and heavy rain, what i got was 3-4 reg t-hunts !!.. Super? No need to say la, Zero with capital Z.

And what most shocked me, when i ask my "evil-bay" friend who live in JB, he said almost everywhere got insider.. Even him use them also.. Argghhh..

But the places i like most when hunting is Giant Kuantan.. Smile. I'd got 2 t-hunt$, 1 t-hunt$ error card (camaro la, what else, Smile), and lots of new cards.. I dont think there got no insider, but he/she at least leave some to customers..

This is fishy.. PM me who the guy if u dunt mind...huhu.. i hope he is not the one lurking in this forum or the one who came to gathering also... huhu...

even we are hunting like crazy, we are mature enough to think it just an little hobby..

so, do we need to just let go this dirty job going on??

dreamer_adrian wrote:

This is fishy.. PM me who the guy if u dunt mind...huhu.. i hope he is not the one lurking in this forum or the one who came to gathering also... huhu...

huhu.. no need la.. i afraid he angry at me, huhu..

BTW, he said to me, he had no choice to do that coz everyone is doing that.. Furthermore, in about 1 month ago, in JJ, i ask the promoter about the stock of HW, she said, "Got no stock la, why, if u want, i can keep a green card (she doesnt know about t-hunt), leave me ur phone number, i'll contact u when it'll be here".
I'm surprised, coz i never talk to her before, and suddenly offering to kep T-h for me.. i ask "Why u want to keep green card for me?..
She said, everbody who looking at pegs there asking her to keep green cards for them, so she ask me too..
i said "its ok, i'll come again to check it myself"..

i think it's not fair to make reservations of something that we all should have equal oppoturnity to own.. but sometimes i feel very rugi also, huhu.. Twisted EvilTwisted Evil
but honor first!!

jhc7598 wrote:
dreamer_adrian wrote:

huhu.. no need la.. i afraid he angry at me, huhu..

BTW, he said to me, he had no choice to do that coz everyone is doing that.. Furthermore, in about 1 month ago, in JJ, i ask the promoter about the stock of HW, she said, "Got no stock la, why, if u want, i can keep a green card (she doesnt know about t-hunt), leave me ur phone number, i'll contact u when it'll be here".
I'm surprised, coz i never talk to her before, and suddenly offering to kep T-h for me.. i ask "Why u want to keep green card for me?..
She said, everbody who looking at pegs there asking her to keep green cards for them, so she ask me too..
i said "its ok, i'll come again to check it myself"..

i think it's not fair to make reservations of something that we all should have equal oppoturnity to own.. but sometimes i feel very rugi also, huhu.. Twisted EvilTwisted Evil
but honor first!!

He selling at Ebay and said he got no choice... huhu ... fishy thought... EmbarassedEmbarassed (No Offence ya)

cawan wrote:
even we are hunting like crazy, we are mature enough to think it just an little hobby..

so, do we need to just let go this dirty job going on??

let go or not is depends to those who we complaint to, if they agreed and ignore after that? we cant do anything.. Sad

@D.A. - very fishy indeed, huhu..
@cham2020 - u also take the chance ha? hehe.. jk jk

ish.......the promoter at jusco got ask me if want to keep for me or not?
i say no need....first come first serve

that is how i score super plymouth, buick riveria before at the same place

wahh, lucky for u.. i think my chance going so slim la to get super anymore.. Sad

had to go hunting to KL la after this, sound like so happening there.. Smile

in ipoh oso same..i had never ever found even a single regular thunt...maby i din go hunting or im late...but bro hokuan,is it really tesco n giant no insider n its the mattel supplier that put those HWs on the rack?...

In these many years i only have 5 TH cars. Never seen a super before in my life. But i know those wheel designs are "in real life" called Torq Thrust style. In malaysia among the auto freaks its called banana spokes. hahaha. But USA have 5 big bananas and Asian version have 8 small bananas......... hahaha

Got insider, but the staff is not allowed to keep the stock. So action can be taken, staff will be sacked.
For example, when Mattel send one box of HW basic to Giant, they have to display it. This is the new policy I guess.

...damn it's hard to get this into everyones head LOL...nothing will change, and Stop focusing on the THs, in fact the next time you go hunt - DON'T think of finding any TH. Go with a clear conscious of getting new wave of cars Smile you'll be more surprise this way, so what if you don't find it the first 50 times, go on and on...did you just gave up on life the first 'bump' you hit?! NO...you carry yourself up and carry on....

Netmatrix...reason behind 'sharing is caring' came from the notion..when collectors like you (as an example k) who can't find the red GTO, now if someone online posted info where about it is - you either go there yourself, or you can simply ask nicely for the collector friend to grab from you. Now is there someone in here that OVER CHARGES on any basic car...You let me know tat SCUM! (do not follow my word for word - as you ALL know [a fact] that TREASURE HUNTS NEVER SOLD FOR RETAIL PRICE!!) Whatcha gonna do with 50 reg. THs? Keep a few years and try prey on newbs to this hobby? You're SCUM! If you keeping maybe say the $uper THs and sell in future...FINE it's yours do whatever..right not. But if it's reg. THs..come on la. Even sometimes nowadays I still sell off my reg. THs either retail price @ RM6.50 or I just let go for RM6...how much can you earn? *sigh*...but like Pydrummer said, "...Everyone has a preference..." Smile...guys - See Beyond! Wink

My suggestion is asking Mattel to put in more T-Hunt.

No matter regular or Super, just make those T-Hunt flooded the market for some time, i believe this will get rid of those insider. How much is a insider can spend for a month?? RM300.00? RM500.00? RM1000.00??

If every boxes of HW contain 10 T-Hunt, 10 boxes will get 100 pcs TH , and i believe in KL, the quantity will be up to 100 boxes for the whole area per-month, may be more then that.

Then it will be 1000 pcs TH flooded the whole market. 1000 pcs TH X RM6.50= RM6500.00. Do you think those insider can digest such a big amount??? I don't think so. And let it happened for some time, in the end those insider will fed-up with it, ha ha ha ha!

Just my suggestion. Embarassed

nice one cooolman....but then.thunts value will drop...

rikmun wrote:
nice one cooolman....but then.thunts value will drop...

Ah?? still want to worried about the value??
I thought everybody just want to find a TH for collection!!
Do i have misunderstanding ???
Or every body just want the TH for "Untung"??? affraid

i'm fine with that but don't call it "Treasure" Hunts anymore.. hahahaa..

SanLino wrote:
i'm fine with that but don't call it "Treasure" Hunts anymore.. hahahaa..

The name can still maintain. What i am saying is just a solution for get rid of those insider or scalper lah!
Of course the value of TH will drop, but is better then get nothing after trying very hard on hunting.
I prefer every one own a TH or $uper rather then let those insider grap them all!

Wow.. great to read all of this. This is what i always hoped that playaz here would share it out whatever they been keeping inside Wink

Sometimes like i said things could turn out not as bad as what we always believe, nonetheless there are things that can't be avoided and we are definitely upset over it, and it's all cool we'll keep discussing about it and hopefully something could be done to overcome the issues especially this real insider thingy, (not to be confused with staff that some collectors might be in touch with, the hunts not necessarily goes to them anyway). Yes, it is depressing and i truly understand it. I guess some would have suggest i'm a hypocrite by saying this cause apparently they 'know very well' about me but truth isn't so, else i would have just sit at home waiting for 't-hunts call', wouldn't have busted my ass hitting everywhere just as pydrummer did. But looking at bigger perspective, just like what Rayz trying to say, no matter how insiders exist.. and chances are their regulars are none other than those we know. But instead of distancing myself like what netmarix did, i tend approach all collectors i get to know regardless their so called background, maintaining friendship cause after all we share the same hobby, and along the way gather much infos to organize my hunting route better (like figuring out places where i should try less often).

But yes, when things aren't looking good like our chance to score hunts anywhere completely sealed off then something must be done, regardless how familiar the culprit in this community. In Solid Snake and other KK playaz case.. i say bring them down!

i agrees wit undercover brothah! afro .. have to change the way we hunt..

well there is still loads of nice car to hunt rather than TH...
bro rayz is rite...maybe can change the way we think...
its not the end if we havent found any TH rite...
there's always other time...
i will try to bear that in mind...
nice thoughts from all fellas here~
Wink

to me thunts are side dish
if i can get it
i will be very happy
just like get the super enzo at RM 15.90 after 2 years of its release
it might be scalp a bit but.......i don't mind paying extra for what i want....

It's good to hear what others have to say. When they say you have to gun down them insider... tell the manager... have them fired. Sometimes the rage is so high that I want to do that... but thinking on the other side... They are just workers that got incentives from the one (dirty tactic collectors) who offered them. It's not fair that they got fired just because of that. Those dirty collectors are still on the loose... they'll apply those tactics again once the rage is gone. The most improtant thing is to gun down those dirty collectors. Agree with me? With their evil and twisted strategy, creates the situation now. So, anyone know where I can get a 12 gauge pump action shot gun? I'm off to hunting (this time not T-hunt anymore... it's human head)

just another question to HWCM members
is treasure hunt so important ?

just a question...
to me as i said before treasure hunts are rewards of hunting hotwheels
supers are a bonus. if i can't get any, i will not complain about it....
it's just about luck...if you don't talk about insiders

Luck has everything to do when it comes to hunting. But when insider involve, there's no such thing as luck. only dust!!!

well, someone hit those places that have insiders but he manage to scored alot of thunts...is that luck or dust?

i think mattel shud somehow reconsider their cars packing inside the box also. its not about t-hunt hunting is getting harder nowadays. other nice cars such as VW, Ferrari also they make it like t-hunt as they put only 1 or 2 inside a box. with this limited quantites. if a place restocked 10 box. it means just 10 to 20 collectors/kids get to buy it (if they only take 1 at a time) and what left overs are the common/unwanted cars yet mattel still pack them inside with higher quantity perbox. so what the diff between hunting for t-hunt and nice cars? this will also slows down our hotwheels collection as shops wont restock when there are still stocks on the pegs not knowing that the unwanted cars will stay there forever or moving slow. mattel really shud survey the market for nice/fast selling cars and unwanted cars... then increase the nice cars quantities send out perbox. when nice cars are everywhere, sculpers also might be eliminated/reduced as they cannot sell the normal nice cars anymore. who willing to pay more when they can get it off the pegs. with t-hunts as the only source of income, dun think they will continue dis sculping business. come to think about it, i still haven seen a 09 t-hunt yet... Sad

cham2020 wrote:
well, someone hit those places that have insiders but he manage to scored alot of thunts...is that luck or dust?

Just think of it, there will no longer have any thunts if that place have insiders. Insider won't let any thunt hang on the rack and waiting for the lucky guys, so chances for luck was 0%. This is not luck or dust, just F**K.

cloudy wrote:
cham2020 wrote:

Just think of it, there will no longer have any thunts if that place have insiders. Insider won't let any thunt hang on the rack and waiting for the lucky guys, so chances for luck was 0%. This is not luck or dust, just F**K.

but honestly, what i said really happened. someone from here attacked those place with insiders and he manage to score cyclops no jokes

bro cham2020... what happened at ur place indicates that the situation there is better than here. What I'm referring to is the situation in KK. That's why in my first post I said it is a crisis.

But honestly, I'm curious to know how collectors can still get T-hunt when there is insiders around? Offer them more money?

And one more thing to add bro cham2020.... you said that a collector still manage to score greenie at the place that got insider... can you guarantee that next time he'll be also that lucky? Very Happy

heytang wrote:
i wonder, who is this big scalper in kk....hmm....

He better prepare.... when I caught him red handed I'll post his loser face all around the forum.

mr Solid Snake, you want to guarantee, you put an insider. What bro cham say here is TH is all about luck Smile

well mr solid snake,
once you beat a guy that have an insider in that place, do you think that guy will trust that insider again? think again..he will be so piss off knowing that the insider cannot be trusted.

and as hokuan stressed, it's all about luck.......
if not i will not score so many thunts last year at jb alone.....

Cham, I think your insider got sick, transfered or died...haha
but seriously insiders don't last forever at one place but it will cause you to lose out for a season. Question is for how long will the season last.

cham2020 wrote:
just another question to HWCM members
is treasure hunt so important ?

important is MUSTANG!!!!!! Cool

blue .. mustang .. important .. very important ...... lol

evo also important~
hope the crisis can be solve soon bro solid~
so we can all enjoy our hobby nicely...
Wink

titaniumboss wrote:
i think mattel shud somehow reconsider their cars packing inside the box also. its not about t-hunt hunting is getting harder nowadays. other nice cars such as VW, Ferrari also they make it like t-hunt as they put only 1 or 2 inside a box. with this limited quantites. if a place restocked 10 box. it means just 10 to 20 collectors/kids get to buy it (if they only take 1 at a time) and what left overs are the common/unwanted cars yet mattel still pack them inside with higher quantity perbox. so what the diff between hunting for t-hunt and nice cars? this will also slows down our hotwheels collection as shops wont restock when there are still stocks on the pegs not knowing that the unwanted cars will stay there forever or moving slow. mattel really shud survey the market for nice/fast selling cars and unwanted cars... then increase the nice cars quantities send out perbox. when nice cars are everywhere, sculpers also might be eliminated/reduced as they cannot sell the normal nice cars anymore. who willing to pay more when they can get it off the pegs. with t-hunts as the only source of income, dun think they will continue dis sculping business. come to think about it, i still haven seen a 09 t-hunt yet... Sad

You're not the only one who thinks so, I have been preaching this since last year, but apparently they simply do not care!

Even wrote to Toycarsmy last year, TWICE!
Here: http://www.toycarsmy.com/2008/08/mattel-marketing-strategy-need-some.html
and here: http://www.toycarsmy.com/2008/08/my-thoughts-about-hw-mb-and-tomicatomy.html

Even today you see things which they would have learned such as:-
1) Still packing some 08 cars which were unsellable at all in 09 cards eg. that old chevy truck with the surfboard at the back, now in black color.
2) Still underpacking highly in demand cars such as Civic Type-R for MBX, Bluebird, Mercedes, Panoz, ferrari for Hot Wheels. For the Civic Type-R it is simply inexcusable and shows that the Mattel marketing team NEVER study the local die-cast market. Did they know how hard it is to get the Civic Type-R for Tomica? Have they ever look at their competitors like Tomica? In fact I just wish MBX is run by Hasbro instead then maybe we will get better cars coz Mattel will work harder to compete!!! Evil or Very Mad

I want to see if Mattel underpacks the GTR (the tomica version is highly sought after, I can't even find the normal GTR, only have the Limited version) , Reventon in the coming waves lol! If they do, then its GG for them.

hokuan wrote:
mr Solid Snake, you want to guarantee, you put an insider. What bro cham say here is TH is all about luck Smile

Meaning, me myself play dirty? offer those insider higher price for green? I can do it... but i won't. If i want, i alr done it a long time ago

And u guys wanna talk about luck? Sure. you can talk about luck when ur place get regular restock. And obviously u guys got more hunting ground. Unlike us in KK, Sabah. The place for hot wheels is limited. Some more got ppl wanna play dirty tactics? Please... that's tough luck. We only restock 3 to 5 times per year. At most 6 maybe 7. Luck? yeah! that played a big part. Try to be a collector in KK. then tell me what's luck. Ask Sanlino and cloudy if you think I'm lying.

And don't get me wrong... I'm not here to start flame or get flame at... I'm just sharing the situation that happened in KK, Sabah. This is a worrying trend. And hopefully to reveal the dirty tactic collector