Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
solid snake

Why I can't get Treasure Hunts anymore

netmatrix wrote:
Py, how hard am i trying? Cool Hmm.. i'm on the road all the time. So i have the pleasure of visiting 7E and many shopping complexes in the vicinity, daily! Sort of like a lesser coolman. Also every week i will go complex touring. Every week since i started 3 years ago! Almost all the bus that i took would know my face by now. And most of the time i come by a motherload of stuff that i haven't got and get them. cheers BUT!!! Even if other people hit that place before, they just go there and whack the same model and leave. I don't care for TH. If there was 10 pcs of them there and then and u come face 2 face with me, i'll let u have it. Just don't take all the cars from VW and ferraris.

They already mined the diamonds, so leave some gold and silver for us. But most of the time we get lead. So we have to turn lead into gold. In order for them to be so takes time. But not all lead can be turned to gold. Even then the good quality lead is taken up by these diamond miners. Figuratively speaking of course. tongue

I'm always at Kajang from time to time and from where i hang out, i'm so near to TESCO that i somehow didn't bother to go in. Strange huh? Somehow Hw gods didn't want me to find my mojo car! Coincidently im going there today! Lets see if its a 288GTO or a 250GTO shall we?

But whatever the case, i'm sure many over here likes HW cars. Its just that i hate how this hobby has become a means of anger rather than anger management.

So did you get your red ferraris 288 GTO yet?

one toy shop in KL selling HW t-hunt only double from normal price.... hurm.. maybe he used some insider to get his stock......

mr solid snake,

if you are pissed with this situation, there are 10 more collectors whom are more angrier than you, so just keep it cool, once it was so easy to score thunts and limited quantity cars at tong hing,wiser,giant kingfisher,servay penampang,7-e tg aru, a toy shop at central plaza kepayan ridge (i will only state places which have not sells hotwheels anymore purposely for safety reasons)
don't take this green issue too seriously, just be cool bro, since i found out the tru supervisor (miss s***) and one of the staff at toy city 1b collects all the greencards and fastbacks during the dk wave for some f**king dirty bastard, i've done my own investigation and the result is that a few places in kk already have insider, kk toys jangan cakaplah....memang tiada etika... but i don't stress myself sampai sakit jantung, because for me what
comes around goes around and if that fella wanna play dirty let him be
but i will not lower myself to his standard. for me, those scalpers are losers in real life, they want to take control off a toy scene just to feel powerfull and be praised by other collectors because in real life they are nothing!! still theres a few places which you can score greencards from the rack (pm me for location). when i cant score green$, i search for a sollution, for me, i wanted the super thunt because of the rubber wheels and detailed on the car itself, not because of the value the cars gonna reach in 5 to ten years, so what should i do when i cant get the supers or cars that i want, i've opted for maisto allstars and custom shop or tomica and muscle machines (dulu toybox damai ada jual sekarang sudah defunct!) as an alternative eventhough the price is a bit higher.for me, hunting in kk is lonely and tough because everyone wants the same stuff but not enough quantity to supply the demands. buying off thunts or cars that i wanted from e-bay or on local forums are less stress and practical for me.

p/s:btw, we've met once without you even noticing it. Rolling Eyes

danoneism wrote:
one toy shop in KL selling HW t-hunt only double from normal price.... hurm.. maybe he used some insider to get his stock......

Is it located at Time Square??

cooolman wrote:
danoneism wrote:

nice guess.. but the one i mention is not at time square but at another shopping mall close to it... the shop have numbers of t-hunt cars..

heytang wrote:
mr solid snake,

if you are pissed with this situation, there are 10 more collectors whom are more angrier than you, so just keep it cool, once it was so easy to score thunts and limited quantity cars at tong hing,wiser,giant kingfisher,servay penampang,7-e tg aru, a toy shop at central plaza kepayan ridge (i will only state places which have not sells hotwheels anymore purposely for safety reasons)
don't take this green issue too seriously, just be cool bro, since i found out the tru supervisor (miss s***) and one of the staff at toy city 1b collects all the greencards and fastbacks during the dk wave for some f**king dirty bastard, i've done my own investigation and the result is that a few places in kk already have insider, kk toys jangan cakaplah....memang tiada etika... but i don't stress myself sampai sakit jantung, because for me what
comes around goes around and if that fella wanna play dirty let him be
but i will not lower myself to his standard. for me, those scalpers are losers in real life, they want to take control off a toy scene just to feel powerfull and be praised by other collectors because in real life they are nothing!! still theres a few places which you can score greencards from the rack (pm me for location). when i cant score green$, i search for a sollution, for me, i wanted the super thunt because of the rubber wheels and detailed on the car itself, not because of the value the cars gonna reach in 5 to ten years, so what should i do when i cant get the supers or cars that i want, i've opted for maisto allstars and custom shop or tomica and muscle machines (dulu toybox damai ada jual sekarang sudah defunct!) as an alternative eventhough the price is a bit higher.for me, hunting in kk is lonely and tough because everyone wants the same stuff but not enough quantity to supply the demands. buying off thunts or cars that i wanted from e-bay or on local forums are less stress and practical for me.

p/s:btw, we've met once without you even noticing it. Rolling Eyes

Bro heytang, i agreed with you.
Myself also thinking about buying alternate brand. Very Happy

danoneism wrote:
cooolman wrote:
danoneism wrote:

nice guess.. but the one i mention is not at time square but at another shopping mall close to it... the shop have numbers of t-hunt cars..
Can you please PM me the location?
I would like pay a visit and see what they have.
If the price is reasonable,may be i get from there as well better then hunting around and get ZERO!!! Sad

Yes. I'm pissed. Damn pissed! That's why I created this thread. Very Happy Bro heytang we met before? I get it. At TRU right? hu hu hu.....

danoneism wrote:

i know this shop. there are only 5 to 6 cars only. and all are 08 reg TH. btw, not all are selling double. some are 4 times the retail price. Shocked

Quote :

Crap!!! No red or yellow 288GTO!!! But got 2 red 250GTO at Tesco kajang. But i did buy that Heat Fleet pack there. Oh well.....

Those Flea Market is selling green card.. go on Sunday..

i mean many.. so many.. only price wise laaa..

netmatrix, i saw my place here have yellow and red 288 gto hanging
you want ?

Still looking up the racks a red one. I already have a yellow one. Iave the Racer one. I'll look up you offer cham2020. Just trying my luck a little while longer.

red one should be available at some 7E's here......i saw them 2 weeks ago... good luck in your hunting

kukubeh wrote:
danoneism wrote:

i know this shop. there are only 5 to 6 cars only. and all are 08 reg TH. btw, not all are selling double. some are 4 times the retail price. Shocked

Some shop at Roof Top Sg Wang is it? From what I know, the shop juz letting the glass cubes for customers to sell their collections. For a fee of RM30/mth if not mistaken..but not many cards though..

cooolman wrote:
My suggestion is asking Mattel to put in more T-Hunt.

No matter regular or Super, just make those T-Hunt flooded the market for some time, i believe this will get rid of those insider. How much is a insider can spend for a month?? RM300.00? RM500.00? RM1000.00??

If every boxes of HW contain 10 T-Hunt, 10 boxes will get 100 pcs TH , and i believe in KL, the quantity will be up to 100 boxes for the whole area per-month, may be more then that.

Then it will be 1000 pcs TH flooded the whole market. 1000 pcs TH X RM6.50= RM6500.00. Do you think those insider can digest such a big amount??? I don't think so. And let it happened for some time, in the end those insider will fed-up with it, ha ha ha ha!

Just my suggestion. Embarassed

...this above mentioned - will only create other 'open-holes' for the employee, insider or to the guy who's been paying the staffs. More the merrier for them, both parties profits even more. Creating more quantity of the THs or whatever will only double up their profit even faster...

Like a lot of collectors who "Converted" will tell you this - If You Can't Beat Them, JOiN tHEm!!
I say ---> TOO BAD (to the converted ones)

titaniumboss wrote:
i think mattel shud somehow reconsider their cars packing inside the box also. its not about t-hunt hunting is getting harder nowadays. other nice cars such as VW, Ferrari also they make it like t-hunt as they put only 1 or 2 inside a box. with this limited quantites. if a place restocked 10 box. it means just 10 to 20 collectors/kids get to buy it (if they only take 1 at a time) and what left overs are the common/unwanted cars yet mattel still pack them inside with higher quantity perbox. so what the diff between hunting for t-hunt and nice cars? this will also slows down our hotwheels collection as shops wont restock when there are still stocks on the pegs not knowing that the unwanted cars will stay there forever or moving slow. mattel really shud survey the market for nice/fast selling cars and unwanted cars... then increase the nice cars quantities send out perbox. when nice cars are everywhere, sculpers also might be eliminated/reduced as they cannot sell the normal nice cars anymore. who willing to pay more when they can get it off the pegs. with t-hunts as the only source of income, dun think they will continue dis sculping business. come to think about it, i still haven seen a 09 t-hunt yet... Sad

I firstly much convince you this topic you're on is very subjective to different market, niche, assortment, target audience and so on and forth...

I believe to some certain degree, that all models in each lineup are made same quantity,exceptionally for the last few batches of the year, reason behind - they got to release soon, by producing lesser, just to play catch up with production for the following year. As you all 'loose' collectors know, we get to buy em, more often 4-6 months ahead...remember.

Your question about assortments, why this wave only got one or two red Ferrari but did you ask yourself why the other wave suddenly got more of that same Ferrari? Mattel obviously knows how to pack, it's just they've divided the assortment (sometimes into 3 different waves/case codes)

I sometimes ask myself....does everyone else tries to understand or at least find out or try to know-all-about the hobby, or are most collectors just want to remain OBLIVIOUS to what they can find out themselves, learn, educate their own. Any reasons/excuses...are just WHAT it is. So you got to 'handbrake' STOP. LOOK. GO. Wink...

this is my suggestion:

get rid of the green card. instead, put those 'TH' car into normal card (yellow, blue, purple etc). do not reveal what is the 'TH' car untill end of the year or end of the all the wave. hehehe...

btw, most of the insider can only regconise green card. they don't even bother or want to know what are those car. let alone what wave come with what TH car. hopefully by getting rid of the green card will creating more trouble for the insider to find the TH car. Very Happy

kukubeh wrote:
this is my suggestion:

get rid of the green card. instead, put those 'TH' car into normal card (yellow, blue, purple etc). do not reveal what is the 'TH' car untill end of the year or end of the all the wave. hehehe...

btw, most of the insider can only regconise green card. they don't even bother or want to know what are those car. let alone what wave come with what TH car. hopefully by getting rid of the green card will creating more trouble for the insider to find the TH car. Very Happy

...dude you see you just made a comment I can rebut! Wink....no challenge Razz hehehe

If this happens, there's always a poster - guy cuts the TH pictures out and shows the staff. If it's not labelled on poster, there's always the internet to find out ma...

Rayz-HWC wrote:
kukubeh wrote:
this is my suggestion:

...dude you see you just made a comment I can rebut! Wink....no challenge Razz hehehe

If this happens, there's always a poster - guy cuts the TH pictures out and shows the staff. If it's not labelled on poster, there's always the internet to find out ma...

do not reveal mean do not mention the car is the TH car the poster. only 'officially' reveal what are the TH car until end of the year or end of all wave. Wink

Hmm, or maybe they can put TH in random way. Don't pack it with special green label..Haha..Can put it in normal card like first edition or team series Razz It will be more fun!

hokuan wrote:
Hmm, or maybe they can put TH in random way. Don't pack it with special green label..Haha..Can put it in normal card like first edition or team series Razz It will be more fun!

exactly. and do not even reveal first in poster or official website etc what are the TH car. Razz

Netmatrix, did you even read the PM I sent you....Please read it if you have not already.

After a long discussion, do we got the solution??
and those insider still hanging around, WTF!!

So in the end still depend on our luck and keep on hard working.
For those who still can't find a single green,better find another solution,or just join them and be come an insider as well.

After all,we don't have a right answer or solution for this issue,shit!

kukubeh wrote:
Rayz-HWC wrote:
kukubeh wrote:
this is my suggestion:

do not reveal mean do not mention the car is the TH car the poster. only 'officially' reveal what are the TH car until end of the year or end of all wave. Wink

...only thing...is to abolish the whole TH series. Only Limiteds gets to have RR wheels!

pydrumerboy wrote:
Netmatrix, did you even read the PM I sent you....Please read it if you have not already.

...send me also la Wink...Razz

cooolman wrote:

For those who still can't find a single green,better find another solution,or just join them and be come an insider as well.

...you ah...firestarter la! SuspectEvil or Very Mad Look..there's no right or wrong la! Collect what you want/like!

wrong laa if insider still alive.. that what i understand..

cham2020 wrote:
this is going to be a warezone soon.........

Errrr.... may i know what is the meaning of "WAREZONE" ???? Shocked

zint3000 wrote:
i think he means warzone...
hehe this thread is so interesting~

No way!
Here wouldn't be a Warzone as we are only having discussion, not for looking trouble, ha ha ha!
I am just playing my part as giving suggestion or point of view, every one is welcome to correct me,
i am OK with this, cheers! cheers

yeap...
ur rite bro...
its interesting to see different views from different ppl...
Wink

solid snake wrote:
Yes. I'm pissed. Damn pissed! That's why I created this thread. Very Happy Bro heytang we met before? I get it. At TRU right? hu hu hu.....

yup, i'm the fella yang mengamuk tu hahaha Razz

netmatrix wrote:
Quote :

Crap!!! No red or yellow 288GTO!!! But got 2 red 250GTO at Tesco kajang. But i did buy that Heat Fleet pack there. Oh well.....
huhu... it is really hard to get the ferrari 288gto??? i guess i just saw 1 at parkson OU... and more of them at 7-e.... huhu... 

danoneism wrote:
netmatrix wrote:
Quote :

huhu... it is really hard to get the ferrari 288gto??? i guess i just saw 1 at parkson OU... and more of them at 7-e.... huhu... 

Actually its not that hard, even for the red 288gto.....he is so near and yet so far....DUH Razz

from kukubeh suggestion,
i say turn all TH to mystery cars! What a Face

Quote :

<BLOCKQUOTE>pydrumerboy wrote:Netmatrix, did you even read the PM I sent you....Please read it if you have not already.
</BLOCKQUOTE>

...send me also la Wink...Razz

Sorry there py, didn't notice the PM!!! Thousand apologies!!!

WOOOOIIIII! Jump que ka? hahaha.

cooolman wrote:

simple bro, all you need is just go and offer those insider a superb big fortune which other collectors will never do. Then you might bring down the entire insider things by ruining their market 'Twisted Evil'

cloudy wrote:
cooolman wrote:

simple bro, all you need is just go and offer those insider a superb big fortune which other collectors will never do. Then you might bring down the entire insider things by ruining their market 'Twisted Evil'

Ha ha ha!it seem a good idea, but i tell you what, yesterday night i have went to Wangsa Maju C4 to buy some stuff and also see are there any restock for HW. I have asked the staff who in-charge for the toys department (Indian Guy),he straight away ask me am i looking for Green card(I didn't feel surprice as i already used to it), i answer YES, but beside this i also looking for Japanese cars model.

From here we start chit chat(trying to do some PR work). During our conversation, i have got a shocking info, the indian guy told me that not only collector ask him to reserve those green card, even the supplier/deliver man who deliver those HW stock also asking him to keep those green cards for them, WTF!!

Now i know, why some time we expected some of the C4 which bring in 20 boxes of HW should have 20 pcs of Regular TH/$uper TH hanging on the rack and yet always not in the correct number.

Now the situation is......we are not only facing insider problem, even those supplier/ deliver man/ driver also using dirty tricks.
How bad the situation is!!! This is not fair to those collectors like us who searching so damn hard and yet other ppl is just sitting there and doing nothing to enjoy their harvest!!

This is too much man!

good info there coolman... Seems like everyone wants a piece of the green. But how many of those are real collectors? they all wanna scalp!!!

IMHO, the root of this issue is b'cos there's a demand for such item where one willing to pay more to get the desired car w/o goin through all d trouble lookin for it. I salute mr.netmatrix for his determination to get Ferrari 288 GTO on his own even when mr.py had offered to get 1 for him.

It's the joy of hunting that's keepin us wif this hobby. Getting TH/$uper or cars we've been hunting for so long is the reward for all the hard work. Sadly to say, there r some who would resort to buyin it online or from flea market rather than goin out hunting on their own (i'm talking abt basic cars &TH/TH$ here). Indirectly, collectors on their own had create such demand in the market.

So what happen now? I would like to suggest to only buy/trade with/from legitimate sources. Stop buying HTF/VHTF basic cars from e-bay or flea market! What do scalpers know about d joy of collecting HWs/MBX? They only think that if we'll b happy s long s we get our desired cars, no matter how we get it! Well, they r wrong coz they don't hv to go hunting.

Now that we know how ez for them to get d cars - juz pay someone to b d insider Evil or Very Mad . i say we all boycott them Twisted Evil , how r they gonna survive when their stocks r not moving at all? lol.. but seriously, when d demand stopped, we should hv healthier hunting grown. cheers

aphong2681 wrote:
IMHO, the root of this issue is b'cos there's a demand for such item where one willing to pay more to get the desired car w/o goin through all d trouble lookin for it. I salute mr.netmatrix for his determination to get Ferrari 288 GTO on his own even when mr.py had offered to get 1 for him.

It's the joy of hunting that's keepin us wif this hobby. Getting TH/$uper or cars we've been hunting for so long is the reward for all the hard work. Sadly to say, there r some who would resort to buyin it online or from flea market rather than goin out hunting on their own (i'm talking abt basic cars &TH/TH$ here). Indirectly, collectors on their own had create such demand in the market.

So what happen now? I would like to suggest to only buy/trade with/from legitimate sources. Stop buying HTF/VHTF basic cars from e-bay or flea market! What do scalpers know about d joy of collecting HWs/MBX? They only think that if we'll b happy s long s we get our desired cars, no matter how we get it! Well, they r wrong coz they don't hv to go hunting.

Now that we know how ez for them to get d cars - juz pay someone to b d insider Evil or Very Mad . i say we all boycott them Twisted Evil , how r they gonna survive when their stocks r not moving at all? lol.. but seriously, when d demand stopped, we should hv healthier hunting grown. cheers

Basically i agreed with you,bro aphong. cheers

But then as i know there are still a big number of collectors that didn't show up in our forum.
I have meet so many HW collectors while i am hunting around, when i go and chit chat with them, i find out that they didn't even know got such a HWC forum. I try to invite them to join us ,but unfortunately, either they don't understand english or they didn't have a computer or they not used to visit forum. Crying or Very sad

Yes, of course among of us can stop from buying TH/$uper TH from evilbay,this will help and at least we try to over come this problem, but how about the others??There are more number of HW collectors outside there compare with the number of members in our forum.

I'm dead tired today. Work work work..... I can't think of anything to say. My mind is all zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

cooolman wrote:
Now the situation is......we are not only facing insider problem, even those supplier/ deliver man/ driver also using dirty tricks. This is too much man!

...well again a reminder to the root of their 'actions/doings' = someone else paying top $$$$ for them out there! Who?(x-files theme playing on background) hehehe