Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hokuan

The Insider Exposure Thead

Cloudy, I understand your frustration, what trouble you is competition more than insider. I'm sorry but I cant agree with you. They don't deserve to earn this way. We have collectors here who spent hours hunting, money on petrol, because we love hunting. So we don't want insider to spoil our hunting spirit.
Since you're from KK, why don't work together with Solid Snake and Sanlino to dig out the insider?

the insider no longer trouble me, since I quit to hunt anymore. What I'm doing is work like a cow and spam all my earns into drag bus. After it, no more hot wheels for me. It's a good hobby but maybe not for me. I'm not born for things that required luck.

Dun say like that cloudy...
im also not born for things that required luck too...
but i kept positive and hunt for what there is on the rack...
even if no green...im still happy having other cars like evo, skyline, ferraris, civic, VWs and many more...
just keep on going positive even if we will nvr get chance to score green bro...
there is plenty other nice2 casting too in hotwheels...
but i cant stop u from spamming ur earns on drag bus...
as im quite interested with drag bus too...
just waiting for the time to work and will also shift to something like that...
Wink

I got nothing more to say. Action speaks louder than words. If they wanna play rough, I'll play along.

cloudy,i cannot agree with you saying that they deserve the earnings.
there are two types of way of reselling
1) the UNETHICAL way: that is scalp as much as you like and
price it high at ebay/forums
2) the ETHICAL way: buy a few and resale them at the forum
at retail/slightly higher than retail OR TRADE

that is what i think is correct

i think i've met this eddy fella twice already, once at pnk and again at woc 1b (he bought 37 hw), i can confirm he always hunts with his sister/little brother, he also wears eyeglass, if this the same guy we're talking about.

Mattel promoter who deliver the HW to Wangsa Maju C4 ask the staff over there to keep those Green cards for him.

Yeah, both are insider job. About the WM C4, able to identify the staff? If can then can get proof and report to management.

hmm.... how about if the staff bought it for himself or for their bf/gf/husband/wife etc? how are you going to judge them? can't the staff buy the goods from thier own store?

hokuan wrote:
Yeah, both are insider job. About the WM C4, able to identify the staff? If can then can get proof and report to management.

The staff is an indian guys, quite tall and thin,always wearing red colour uniform and has a scare on his head.
He is one of the staff who be in charge of toys department.

kukubeh wrote:
hmm.... how about if the staff bought it for himself or for their bf/gf/husband/wife etc? how are you going to judge them? can't the staff buy the goods from thier own store?

Emmmm...... you are right.
i think i have to re-edit my post .
Thank you for your advice.

If they buy, then nothing wrong la. Haha..What we meant insider is they demand money or they keep for other ppl, not they buy..

This thread is to discuss about insider, not scalper. From now onwards, unrelated post will be deleted.

heytang wrote:
i think i've met this eddy fella twice already, once at pnk and again at woc 1b (he bought 37 hw), i can confirm he always hunts with his sister/little brother, he also wears eyeglass, if this the same guy we're talking about.

right on bro.. he is the guy..

Able to identify two insiders at JB, and currently they're at war.. Lol Razz
One is seller at ebay, and both are members at other forum but not here as far as I know. They planted insider at same place, Tmn U MPH, but end up one faster then the other, hence the slower one screw MPH. @@ I hope MPH people learn their lesson and stop helping insiders..

um .. those two are scalpers at war right.. not insiders. From what I gather is they are using the same insider and this has cause some friction between them.

I believe insiders are defined as people who work inside the company that is helping scalpers get the good stuff. I heard stories of Metro in Singapore are loaded with insiders as the workers there are collectors. Same goes for Takashimaya. But since restocks in Singapore is slow, some of the insiders has lost interest but they still keep for fun.

I hope this will help.

First type is those who have contacts with the staff, and the staff
will inform him/her when stock arrive. The staff wont display the cards
on peg until him/her ransack the boxes.

Well, I already define what I meant by insider at the first post..Haha..

What about singapore carefour? I went to carefour around Marina Bay, the rack was full, but no nice cars..

Carrefour Singapore is different ... the distributor is the culprit .. but you can't blamed him .. the scalper will call him every few days to ask him where he restock ... so that is why good stuff always dun have ... In that case ... since u define ur insider as on the first page fine with me .... so am I define as scalper since i buy up all the good stuff on the peg or when the promoter calls me up to inform me there is a restock and i scan from the peg? Do let me know ...I damn confuse too or am in insider????

I'm totally confuse lah Hokuan

When promoter inform you they restock and wait till u come and show u the box, u're insider.

When promoter inform you they restock, but by that time already display the cars, you're not an insider.

When you buy a lot and resell it at high price, you're scalper.

When you buy a lot but just keep it for trading, you're not a scalper.

When you buy a lot but you keep for trading, but after few years can't finish trade, and you let go at higher price, it's acceptable.

Ok .. that means I'm not an insider or a scalper but i will be one if i sell at high price ... ok ... now very clear ...

hokuan wrote:
When promoter inform you they restock and wait till u come and show u the box, u're insider.

Why the promoter is not identified as an insider? The customer is using the promoter as the insider. The insider will inform
the customer whenever the new stock is in.

But as long as the promoter display all the units on pegs after informing his/her contact, i think that's still okay.
But if the promoter wait till his/her contact browse through the stock before displaying them on the peg, that's unethical. Evil or Very Mad

Haha, because you ask the promoter to inform you. Most of the time the promoter is not collectors, so they will just do what customer ask..

i have been a very long time collecting those HW. i know each toy dept have 'kaki'. i can bet will you all, all c4, mj, JJ have kaki. some of the insider also a member here. if you guys wanna prove... then i do the investigation. it easy. just ask the promoter the phone no and post here. so we will know siapa yang buat tapi tidak mengaku or pretending he is the cleanest & fair collector. that is my 2 cent. that's better that describing the physical attributes

Before exposing insider, we need to be 100% sure of what he did, how he did it, and of course, his identity. So if there is proof already, then just expose him/her here. Smile

There are collectors within the retail stores itself. Maybe from other departments etc...or maybe even anyone from the shoplots outside within the shopping mall - Watson ke, Parkson ke, in the Baju section ke, or working as cleaner ke etc etc....there are too many possibility. Period.

As for insiders - I guess it's fair. If you are better at inter-personal sort of person, i don't see no reason for being in good terms & help one another like for example Demonicles situation...and also others that I know of. It's how you play your cards. Plant as many as you can, at the end it's whether you receive the call or not. Now I know of some guys out there who gets 'moody' when he finds out the staff called someone else b4 him (say somehow he found out) he'll resort to 'offensive' play - look it's only fair. The staff is the 'dice'.

The culprit here, when hokuan started this thread - i presume, is to find out the person who is 'Paying-off' the staff. I could be wrong, but I'd like to remind that this culprit is the person we should be looking out for. I guess what really hokuan trying to say is, finding out who & where (NO NAMES mention please - discreet - try your best to be descriptive) has insiders who - help, assist, scalp, hoard whatever you wanna call them. This post, I hope (to hokuan) is not to 'strike' an action/or slander anyone (in case), but just info to collectors what really is happening out there, where to avoid - to refrain from being too FRUST LOL lol!. Thus ToyCarsMy has given you all links on where to post your Opinion/Feedbacks to the respective retailers. Reminder - Please be formal and mature about your letter/emails.

I respect your opinion rayz Smile I agree with the part about Paying-Off the staff, we should work together to get rid of them, just like what TKT did before.

But I'm also against those who get contacted by the staff to get to ransack the stock first. It's nothing fair about it. Technically, there's nothing wrong. Morally, it's just not right. We're collecting with passion, that's why feelings are involve, so we can't just see things through black and white, it must be with feelings, get what I mean buddy? Very Happy

Peter, I've deleted some of your posts because it's unrelated to this topic.

Insider is not a criminal if he/she receive payment. Criminal of working ethic as company policies never allow that. Found anyone doing that, he/she will be fired.
As for why we're against it here, it's not because we wants them to get fired. All we want is awareness of the situation, to correct the morality of collecting diecast.

it should be done in US. new stock should open that day only. no ransacking before the salesmen want to display. that will leave all collectors an equal chance. saper nak best, beratur lahh awl2

I just wanna give a new update on the insider situation in singapore. The insiders has lost power over the promoters as my teams has been pestering the promoters all the time when will new stocks be arriving. The promoters now will call us if there are stocks here are added. The feedbacks to the distributor also help in reducing the amount of insider activities.

well if the club put more pressure to the distributor and cause them to push tough rules on the promoters, it will be easier to controls the insiders. I really like Pydrummers hard work in getting all the thunts from pegs. This show that the places he's visiting has most insiders flush out.

bro py...next week can bring me to lunch arr...
will be coming to kajang and maybe got luck with green with you
wakaka
would like to thank for sharing the place too py~
Wink

Insider in Jaya Jusco Taman U already resign, so now currently free of insider I guess. The one that suppose to get contacted by the staff is damned pissed when he found out nobody phone him when new wave arrive.

Peter wrote:
Is insider trading here a crime?

good one Razz

hokuan wrote:
Insider in Jaya Jusco Taman U already resign, so now currently free of insider I guess. The one that suppose to get contacted by the staff is damned pissed when he found out nobody phone him when new wave arrive.

how do u know about this bro??
unlucky for me, i'll not be there for 3 months.. Sad