• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
undercoverbrother

Share your hw hunting stories..

Quote :
Location - Somewhere i visited for the first time
Time - 2 years ago

Pegs are full! Ahh.. no greenies. Nvm lemme try ask..

"Bang, any other cars besides this?"
"No more, you looking for treasure hunts one?"
"There is? Can i have a look!"
"Wait.." (let's see how much our friend gonna charge for it)

*returns with reg Brutalistic, few reg Camaro Z28, and SUPER Camaro*
"Woot!"
*Holding it for long time*
*He smiles*
"So i'll take all this?"
"Yeah?"
"I'll go pay at counter now"
"Okay"
"Err.. so you kept this hunts?"
"Yeah?"
"For someone?"
"For any Hotwheels collector looking for this lah"
"Hehe.. you the man!"

In my mind, i could see the guy holding the TH with seepish smile just right at the corner, anticipating u give him an "after hours"....:doh:

netmatrix wrote:
Quote :
Location - Somewhere i visited for the first time
Time - 2 years ago

Pegs are full! Ahh.. no greenies. Nvm lemme try ask..

"Bang, any other cars besides this?"
"No more, you looking for treasure hunts one?"
"There is? Can i have a look!"
"Wait.." (let's see how much our friend gonna charge for it)

*returns with reg Brutalistic, few reg Camaro Z28, and SUPER Camaro*
"Woot!"
*Holding it for long time*
*He smiles*
"So i'll take all this?"
"Yeah?"
"I'll go pay at counter now"
"Okay"
"Err.. so you kept this hunts?"
"Yeah?"
"For someone?"
"For any Hotwheels collector looking for this lah"
"Hehe.. you the man!"

In my mind, i could see the guy holding the TH with seepish smile just right at the corner, anticipating u give him an "after hours"....:doh:

joget !

netmatrix wrote:

Yeah, but like they said not everything is always negative as it seems. If i just judge him quickly because how they react i would have went back straight and tell myself haha screw him for not getting any tips. I actually thanked him afterward and had a chat, admitting to him you know some actually kept it because they want money, that's why i was wondering and all that, and he said yeah he knows that too but he's not really into that. He claimed to collect hw including greenies too, but i can't verify that cause common sense no one would pass on that Super, but anyway I kept in touch with him though i wasn't responsible every round hoardings after that (stick it to first come first serve basis), and there's one time many months later he actually sms'ed me telling he just did stock count and found xxx (old thunt) in the store presumably hidden by previous staff he'll just put em on peg i could come and grab it.

cool stories mr UCB...
glad to hear that the bangla likes blimps hehe
u really got nice nice hunting stories bro hehe
Wink

haha coolstuff UCB,

and yes met up with some collectors during hunt,
usually will stand ground if they r there first and they the same,
does always tried to chat up and did met a few from this and other forums.

Alrite here's another story i just remembered happened 2 years back (the golden era of undercover's treasure hunts reign), that period i could gamble hitting just anywhere without any pointers whatsoever, just relying on hunch. So i tried this place called South City Plaza near Mines that time, still worth it cause besides Giant below Parkson also was still there (and i actually scored few hunts there before). Well no luck that day both are still stuck with same stock since my last trip months earlier, damn exhausted that time so i grabbed two ice cream upon exiting Giant, sat somewhere and ate it like nobody's business. This Malay dude somewhere at the other side kept staring at me, i felt something's not right but screw it i just continue eating the ice creams and left.

On my way back home, still trying to figure out what's up with the guy just now and.. dammit! it's bulan Ramadhan la and undercover with selambaness forgotten he too was fasting that day!

Moral of the story - Not advised to go huntin' if malas bangun sahur.

(btw puasa tak batal kalau tak sengaja lol)

I had almost a familiar story.
Last year, during Bulan Ramadhan, I was hunting somewhere in Puchong area near my sister's house. I remembered it was a Saturday morning, I started hunting at about 10am and around 11am I was hungry because I didn't have breakfast, so I decided to stop at a some Mamak restaurant.
As some of you have seen me, I looked like Malay, dark skinned but I am pure chinese lah.
So, as I walked in, suddenly one of the bangla workers said to me... "Mali, Mali! Jangan takut... belakang ada tempat, mali masuk!"
I was thinking what the hell is he trying to tell me but out of curiosity, I quietly just follows him to the back of the restaurant and there's a room. Then he said..."Masuk sini, TaKpah punya boleh makan dalam"
When he opens the door of the room, there was like THREE other malay dudes in there EATING nasi lemak and teh tarik.
It's a SPECIAL HIDDEN ROOM for curi makan!
One of the guys said to me "Masuk la brader, makan la...tak puasa hari ne?"
I almost wanted to burst out laughing but I turned to the Bangla worker and says... "TaKpah! I BERANI! I MAKAN LUAR!"
Then the bangla looked at me with a shock and said "wah you manyak berani la.." then I ordered my maggi goreng.
The Bangla thought I am malay kekeke What a FaceWhat a Face

hahah can tell me the shop i wanna serbu! Laughing

haha
what a funny store...
nice sharing those...
both mr UCB and atomkinder...
had reduced hunting...
puasa a bit tiring haha
Embarassed

(all stories can be found in 1st page)

#7 'Hotwheels Face'

Location - Tujuh Sebelas
Time - One of 7E Promos

*Enters outlet*
*The cashier dude stares, and disappeared shortly*
"Huh?"

*..returns with box full of restocked cars*
"How do you.."
"Muka Hotwheels. I remember."

#8 Susah Senang Kita Bersama

Location - On the road
Time - Recently

"Artt my car ada masalah teknikal sikit, driver power window doesn't work"
"Oh, ye ke"
"Haha yeah, alright let's go"

(Upon reaching the toll plaza)
"Errr.. Artt, my side door also not working, so..."
*Artt shows his manhood by getting out of passenger side and walks towards the cashier to pay the toll*

#9 Dude, Where's My Car (key)?

Location - Where you buy groceries and get some Hotwheels
Time - Very recently

*Exits the store and walks towards my car*
"Wait, where the hell is my car key?"
*Runs back to the store*
"Sorry don't see any car key here" (cashier)
"Let me try and search for it" (toy section kakak)
*Fails to find anything, called few more kakaks for 'hunting' session.
(Dammit i'm supposed to come here to for some treasure huntin' and now i'm hunting for my own car key)

*Couldn't find anything still*
*Went back and forth store and car park, until another kakak passed by...*
"Are you looking for car key? Someone sent it to customer service"
"Sigh, thanks." (She could have make an announcement or at least informed the section where it's found)

*Walks to customer service...*
"Hah? Kunci? Takda pun" "Mungkin yang pegang kunci tu dah balik kot?"

"Aaaarghhhhhh!!!!"

UCB u know that channel E! has a show got THS True Hollywood STory

i think u should name this thread THS too but True hotwheels story

muka hotwheels, LoL!!! i wish i had that face too, easy to hauls, RazzRazz
btw, all nice story bro!!

INI SAYA PUNYA

Location - Heading towards Banting
Time - When everyone's sleepin'

*Enters 7E and found at half empty Bone Shaker case on the floor*

The 7e dude welcomed me to go through remaining of the case and he revealed something surprising..
"Saya pun collect Hotwheels jugak. Sorry lah model best semua dah reserve untuk sendiri"
"Oh ye ke. Ah takpa no prob.."
*Saw reg Bone Shaker inside that case still* "Huh?"
"Abang dah simpan banyak keta lain yang 'hijau' ni takkan abang tak minat?"
"Keta hijau? Oh itu pun saya ada ambil!"

What! Oh no.. here's 1 reg here, another could be..
"Abang, boleh tak i saja nak tengok kereta-kereta lain abang dah pilih"
"Oh ada lagi kat sini kejap ye nanti saya ambik.."

He brought out not one but 2 HW filled plastics, complete with note written on it "INI SAYA PUNYA".
"Nak tengok, tengok lah"
He helped untied the plastic, went through it again and showed to me his not one, but two green cars...

..Green Nerve Hammer and Fast Gassin

"..."

^ haha
i wonder if he knows about TH or he really just collect cars he really likes..

eh btw what about the car key? in the end found or not? Razz

Same la like you ....you like army green, he like bright green, different people different jolies....haha

talking bout colors..i think my collection this year mostly blue..lol

Ya it doesn't really matter he cares bout TH or not that's not prob at all, it's just funny cause for a moment i had goosebumps when he said he took it as well.

Here's my story on my visit to 7E nerby my house on saturday. Inside the store i noticed that they haven't display the hw as the promotion havent started yet. So i went to the counter to ask the staff..

me : bro, hw ni ada stok baru tak? kat display sana tu stok lama......
staff: ada, baru sampai, tapi tak boleh display sekarang, manager tak bagi..
me : tapi saya masih boleh beli dengan harga sekarang kan? (RM6.50)
staff: nanti, saya tanya manager dulu..

off he went into the store and a moment later the manager came out asking me what i want..
me: 7E promo ni ada hw stok baru tak?
manager: Tunggu sini, saya bawak keluar dari store..

In my mind, least expected he will bring new case out but he's holding ONE carded ferrari 430 challenger..
manager: is this you want?
me: oh ini dah beli...(answer politely)

and he went back to the store room, i'm also following him but i just stand outside the door looking at him ransacking the hw case .In my mind, thinking why he's choosing and didn't took the case out for me to have a look.
manager: ini mau? (showing chevy panel)
me: itu pun dah beli...
manager: ini (pick up another after some choosing, showing corvette stingray concept)
me: ini pun dah beli..
me: ok lah, saya rasa hampir semua hw dalam kotak tu saya dah tengok kat tempat lain. Tak payah tunjuk lagi, thank you.(sensing that he's already booked some hw and not intend to sell or show me but judging from the case i know it's Fire Eater case and i know he's hiding something!)

later in the night, my friend called me that someone scores $uper Fire Eater at this same outlet and least expected i've scores it. All i can say i've been there earlier but WTH!, luck is not on my side!

Nvm bro, maybe the manager is keeping it for someone else..

chee keng hong wrote:
Hmm..seem like that place already been booked...bro!!
Sad

yup, even in my area, haha!!

hokuan wrote:
Nvm bro, maybe the manager is keeping it for someone else..

agree with u bro, this doesn't deter me from hunting in other area..hehe!!!

cham2020 wrote:
danielh
so your friend is the insider!!

hmmmm..why i didn't think of it..

my experience at a specific 7-11 outlet. it was last Sunday afternoon. I went there asking for new stock and the staff approached me politely and showed me the new box. after i picked few models, i headed to the counter for payment, the staff told me to come back tomorrow (Mon). she advised me that promo price only starts tomorrow and she is willing to reserve for me. it was a good offer in fact but i just paid, thanked her and chow.
i had had few past experience in the promise of reservation but finally the items were sold, so, I won't try that again.

daniel, it is my style, "cash and carry", hahaha...
it will b a great disappointment if certain customer willing to pay "more" to get the reserved units and the staffs are engage in "such" activity.

i was having dinner at my area last sunday bout 9pm,next shop is a 7e, so go check out b4 my food arrive, wife face already look angry....hehe
me:kak ada hw baru sampai ke?
staff:kat sana(rack)
me:kotak baru? sebab saya collector,ini lama semua saya ada,i kawan bagi tau kotak baru ada 2010 hw.....
staff:nanti,(she walk in off,take out a box,so kind of her)
me,tq ah, tengok dulu,nanti saya susun balik cantik....

found the bone shaker wave,which i did not knw earlier but no thunt & mini.
got,green dd,ford gt,silver civic, mustang concept with the nice fire tempo,

me:saya beli ini,tapi ada orang sudah maru pilih ke? bila stock mari?
staff: pagi ini pukul 5am ,ada satu budak cina sangat tinggi ,pakai cermin mata(who could it be?) datang pukul 2 lebih tunggu sampai lori mari,bila dia pilih,dia ikut lori seluruh puchong itu pagi......
me:oic...tera la dia orang....tq kak...

after dinner i try check 3 more 7e at this area,all BS wave,but already kena sapu the best punya including BS lor....

then go home & call some hwc member,they told me that was BS wave la....aiseh man, i shd also waited fr 2am...hehe

anyway,later, i wana try my luck with BS ,decide to go out KL & PJ area for some hunt, wife scolded me ,u like small boy,crazy la...hehehe

then one of my daughter ,daddy tmr school holiday start,i wana follow ah....

so we start our hw 7e amazing race till 4am....all BS box kena sapu, all virgin box,once opened,FE wave.....went home tried,staright knock down.....

the end

good hunting alfagta!! yeah i believe most of the hwcm wives sure gives some sour and angry face and think we a lil bit gila....
but choices are up to us. Either sit at home and watched the latest 7E haul by who's who on the internet or went all out to hunt...haha!!

alfagta, correction: i think it is Camaro Convertible Concept red colour with fire tempo, heat fleet series.
by the way, your daughter is really cute, I bet my daughter will be doing the same nxt time, she is now started to open my IKEA cabinet to "feel" my collection, hahaha.

daniel, FYI, my wife, daughter and my mother were waiting inside the car when i dropped by at my hometown 7-11 on Sun morning. the box opening "ceremony" took 10mins where my mum cannot tahan and called my mobile, hahaha! but, my wife was "cool" although my daughter was yelling to go out...hahaha...married man + hunting story, hahaha.

alfagta wrote:

staff: pagi ini pukul 5am ,ada satu budak cina sangat tinggi ,pakai cermin mata(who could it be?) datang pukul 2 lebih tunggu sampai lori mari,bila dia pilih,dia ikut lori seluruh puchong itu pagi......

giler power!! tabik! hehe Smile

alfagta wrote:

then one of my daughter ,daddy tmr school holiday start,i wana follow ah....

so cute~ heheh

alamak whole puchong covered? my secret place also mesti sudah kena hantam...btw..nice story you'll have..

alfagta wrote:

i hear the same story in cheras also. that guy even kebas the kotak HW when the stock arrive! LOL.

wow...tall chinese guy with glasses...sensitive...the profile resemble me too, hahaha.
RG and Kukubeh, any other details profile of this hunter? hehehe...

i've no idea.. maybe its me..but im not chinese, im malay..hahhahaa

So....mostly wives of all the members also same when talk bout hotwheels..execpt some lucky guys who's wives support them! I am not the one! LOL!!

Hmm..sooner or later all the wives will form a club...."DESPERATE HOSUEWIFE OF HOTWHEELS"!!

chee keng hong wrote:
So....mostly wives of all the members also same when talk bout hotwheels..execpt some lucky guys who's wives support them! I am not the one! LOL!!

Hmm..sooner or later all the wives will form a club...."DESPERATE HOSUEWIFE OF HOTWHEELS"!!

hehe my wife very supportive when i buy 1 or 2pcs HW only, but when i buy 10pcs or more her face become like thislaaa

RGSUKAN wrote:
chee keng hong wrote:

hehe my wife very supportive when i buy 1 or 2pcs HW only, but when i buy 10pcs or more her face become like thislaaa

lol!