Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
latias93

My T-Hunt Story (History of My T-hunt Cars) UPDATED! 8 OCT - THIRD T-HUNT!

Nice story, u will have better luck finding Thunts overseas like in UK or Australia. I'm sure there are collectors overseas also but they are not as serious (or obsessive) as the ones in Malaysia.

I don't know about other people but I know I'm not going to pay RM60 for a toy car that retails at RM6.90, even when I can afford it. If Giant or Tesco knows about this, they might as well tag Thunts at RM60 and the rest RM6.90.. hahaha

inglee wrote:
Nice story, u will have better luck finding Thunts overseas like in UK or Australia. I'm sure there are collectors overseas also but they are not as serious (or obsessive) as the ones in Malaysia.

I don't know about other people but I know I'm not going to pay RM60 for a toy car that retails at RM6.90, even when I can afford it. If Giant or Tesco knows about this, they might as well tag Thunts at RM60 and the rest RM6.90.. hahaha

How interesting. If like that than koyak lah lagi.

sahama wrote:
In the world of digital and broadband, everybody including kids are more informative and knowledgeable. So if you to get it first in a tight situation, hold it tighly. But it just only a toy, don't be so stressed about it. Very Happy

True, true. Hey, I'm still a kid, toys still mean a lot to me. Hahah, that's not really my problem - they have every right to take the item as if I haven't paid for it yet, or I am not holding it. I just find it hard to believe that the kid would behave like that.. what's he gonna grow up to be like? :/

musclemania wrote:
Diff ppl diff kinda passion twds T-Hunt.
p.s.: Can check with our TH sifu, Master UCB, kikiki.
Of cos, wish tat not end up in a FIGHT for the sake of TH la Razz
As mentioned by UCB, there were lots of post earlier on the mess jst bcos of T-Hunt.

inglee wrote:

Exactly bro, it just so happens that both my T-Hunts were found in UK and Australia as well. They can be left hanging on the front pegs for a whole week and it still might be hanging there!

latias93 wrote:
Story updated.. Very Happy

Congrate for the new haul update

I think my best stories for scoring Treasure Hunt is way back 2000-03, countless wonderful stories but after 2004,
Treasure Hunt began more popular.
By 2008, I have already stopped collecting them unless it's loose. Seriously, I have seen them hanging on pegs and just bypass it.
Those days we don't call it 'treasure hunt' but just plain 'rubber' Remember Rayz & Sinclair?

Here is my Top 10 reason why.
(1) There were not many competition.
(2) Scalper was not born yet.
(3) When I found a rubber TH, don't like, hang back on peg, two days later still there.
(4) I was choosy, even when I found the TH I do not like, I put it back. Now everything sapu.
(5) There were no "REGULAR" or "SUPER" words to manipulate my mind.
(6) There was no counting how many rubber TH I've got. How many was not important.
(7) There was NO eBay.
( 8 ) A lot of Treasure Hunt cars are metal unlike now all cheap plastic.
(9) Didn't have to go 10kilometres for a good hunt.
(10) A Treasure Hunt was REALLY only a Toy car.

Atomkinder wrote:
I think my best stories for scoring Treasure Hunt is way back 2000-03, countless wonderful stories but after 2004,
Treasure Hunt began more popular.
By 2008, I have already stopped collecting them unless it's loose. Seriously, I have seen them hanging on pegs and just bypass it.
Those days we don't call it 'treasure hunt' but just plain 'rubber' Remember Rayz & Sinclair?

Here is my Top 10 reason why.
(1) There were not many competition.
(2) Scalper was not born yet.
(3) When I found a rubber TH, don't like, hang back on peg, two days later still there.
(4) I was choosy, even when I found the TH I do not like, I put it back. Now everything sapu.
(5) There were no "REGULAR" or "SUPER" words to manipulate my mind.
(6) There was no counting how many rubber TH I've got. How many was not important.
(7) There was NO eBay.
( 8 ) A lot of Treasure Hunt cars are metal unlike now all cheap plastic.
(9) Didn't have to go 10kilometres for a good hunt.
(10) A Treasure Hunt was REALLY only a Toy car.

Ahh.. the golden age for Treasure Hunts. Very good points you gave there, atom. Yes, the 'REGULAR' and 'SUPER' words to exert a certain amount of stress on the collector though. Before 2007, all T-Hunts (as far as I'm concerned) were rubbers and I was happy that I managed to score one. Good points you got there. T-Hunts are very common nowadays. And as if that's not ruining the excitement of finding something 'ultra rare', scalpers and insiders are ruining it further.. Sad