• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BoneShaker

Milo Van redemption

sahama wrote:
Congrats msclee, on the Milo redemption hauls

Thank you brader....where is yours Milo Van? Rolling Eyes

Today redemption at Tesco Kepong.....didn't realized there are sooooooooooooo many collector, aunty, grandma or granduncle and many children running playfully affraid

Reahced there at 9.30am......queue already at number 23 people... hmm

img_0110.jpg

By the time at 9.55am......people grew up to more than 50+++.... sweat

img_0112.jpg

At 10.15am......Stock arrived....all panic and noisy....there are about 12 cartons with 4 trolley..... stars

img_0111.jpg

By the time......I think around 12pm.....STOCK HABIS!!!! as most of the individual take 4 cars each with at least 3 or 4 person in a family or group shockingshockingshocking

Just 15mins late for an outlet opening, all big scale vans gone.
I thought that outlet is an isolated one but can't imagine so many people went there.
The staff told that an uncle grabbed a lot of the big scale vans, wow!

But, I am happy to get the small scale VW Bus
 08-06-10.jpg
 08-06-11.jpg
 08-06-12.jpg
 08-06-13.jpg

Incident:
A lady "pot pet pot pet" with the staff for 15~25mins.
Then, we got to know that she was arguing with the staff to get the bigger scale van where the staff explained that it was already out of stock.
Somemore, she QC quite long time to choose the best condition van, hahaha. Cool!
After that, the queue went smooth that every person took around 1~2mins for redemption but then, she came back.
"Saya mahu tukar van. Van sebelum ini calar lah." Wow wow! Hahaha.

fuh drool .......the milo metal samba van look awesome... cheersthumbsup

Agree, Lee. For the 6 models, I only TARGETED at the 1980 aka VW bus.

During the queue, I did manage to talk to the people there, asking the reason of redemption, some said...
a) for children (common).
b) for own. I talked to an uncle who also collects Shell Ferrari.
c) for neighbour. The auntie queued in front of me was taking for her neighbour, hahaha.
d) for big scale. A teenager chow-ed when getting to know big scale van out of stock, hahaha.
e) for FOC. Angkat la, free punya ma. One of the customer grabbed only 1 van. Reason is, I only have enough point for 1 van at that time, hahaha.

musclemania wrote:
Agree, Lee. For the 6 models, I only TARGETED at the 1980 aka VW bus.

During the queue, I did manage to talk to the people there, asking the reason of redemption, some said...
a) for children (common).
b) for own. I talked to an uncle who also collects Shell Ferrari.
c) for neighbour. The auntie queued in front of me was taking for her neighbour, hahaha.
d) for big scale. A teenager chow-ed when getting to know big scale van out of stock, hahaha.
e) for FOC. Angkat la, free punya ma. One of the customer grabbed only 1 van. Reason is, I only have enough point for 1 van at that time, hahaha.

Yapz muscle bro.....the 1980 milo samba van is a must!!!! thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Tips,
1) Ready with completed form with different identification/owner per form. 1 can redeem on behalf of others, as staff told.
2) Get to the outlet earlier for queue.
3) Try at the more "isolated" outlet.
4) Bring more friends and family members if you want to SCALP, hahaha.
etc.

Some said 1 person can redeem 4 vans MAX. But, the staff told me as long as above item 1 criteria is applied, you can redeem as many as possible.
Well, try your luck.

Another incident, when chatting with a lady, she told me that she has a close friend working at Nestle where she can get Milo at cheaper price, for the sake of collecting bar code.
I told her, "I got it free from canteen, daily".
She was stunned, hahaha.

Not to pull her legs but just to advise her that actually, we can collect the points by asking around rather than buying Milo if we are not drinking it.

musclemania wrote:
Another incident, when chatting with a lady, she told me that she has a close friend working at Nestle where she can get Milo at cheaper price, for the sake of collecting bar code.
I told her, "I got it free from canteen, daily".
She was stunned, hahaha.

Not to pull her legs but just to advise her that actually, we can collect the points by asking around rather than buying Milo if we are not drinking it.

This is awesome, can't imagine the "You've got PWNED" look on her face...hehe

Looking forward for someone to sell Milo van at Amcorp

Looking forward at Mudah.my, LOL skip all those long ques and trouble collecting barcode and what not, haha....

Fadli85 wrote:
Looking forward at Mudah.my, LOL skip all those long ques and trouble collecting barcode and what not, haha....

Let's see the price, hahaha.
All are "sweat" price, hasil titik peluh beratur dan mendapatkan bar code, hahaha.

No kidding but seriuosly.....anyone want to collect and buy milo van? go to mudah.com.my.....hahahaha, there are fews seller there hmmaffraidstarsflex

Outcome of today redemption and mission is accomplished
 08-07-10.jpg
 08-07-11.jpg

Another incident, the staff asked me to provide "Surat Pengesahan daripada isteri" where my 2nd form was submitted under my wife's name. He could not proceed the redemption even I have my wife's IC.
Well, I just called my wife to the counter where she was with me at the outlet, hehehe.

why they didnt open any redemption counter here in terengganu? even though in the form says that counters will be opened at Giant K Trg and Mydin Mall but i didnt see them at all.. verymadverymadverymad

This is a good tip for Mattel. Launch a Milo series for 2012 and watch them disappear from the shelves.

Launch the Milo drag bus, VW Fastback, Chevy Panel and Dairy Delivery, sure lagi laku Milo! Hahaha.

musclemania wrote:
Launch the Milo drag bus, VW Fastback, Chevy Panel and Dairy Delivery, sure lagi laku Milo! Hahaha.

OH YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupdrooldrooldrooldrooldrooldroolclapclapclapclapclap

not sure about that muscle-san.. these vans (cum lorries) are nostalgic to Malaysians and those mentioned HW models are specific to ONLY 'keras-mati' collectors.. auntie2 & makcik2 tak kenal kot.. hehe.. well, IMHO Smile

agrees with bro faizal there, nestle received major complaints on their logistic efficiencies and methods.. for they failed to comply on stocks inventories, wrong stocks(missing stocks & doubled stocks), promoter coming late, late stocks distributions, different booth outlet can redeem as many as customer like with some restricted to two per forms, etc..

i remembered asking for barcodes @ a mamak restaurant b4 milo advertise in tv & now am soOo surprised 2see the same bangla mamak queued for the vans.. LOL What a Face

any comments on QC? ..got my tiny tuk2 but paintjob not that good.. if got time later will post piccies.. Neutral

Yeah, you are right, Protonticon. But, now, out market shall be floated with HW panels, nostalgic panels, Milo van, etc. Shall be enough for die-hard fans, hahaha.

But, overall, the paint job is ok, those that I had redeemed.
But, it could be better if the chasis is molded with information of van model, "Made in Malaysia", scale, etc.

Another incident was recalled when I passed by the redemption outlet where an auntie was talking on her mobile phone,
"Quick, quick print out the form from the website. The form here already out of stock, no form cannot redeem. Do it quick and bring over here. Limited edition Milo Van, cannot wait".
Wow wow...
At that time, the big scale 1980 van was going out fast. A lot of "tuk tuk" van still.

I queue up yesterday for my milo van but when my turn come its finish. Have to wait this friday-sunday again

guyz, the ol' sayin' "Early bird gets worm.." does rewards you though you have 2wait 30mins earlier than the promoter to setup their booth.. you'll be the 1st 2get fresh sets from the boxes.. Cool

yes guyz, the Samba Van is one 'HOT' goreng pisang.. & it is my favourite mold.. reminisence sweet memoir of primary school for free milo drinks.. always gets two(2) rounds of the cool chocolatey taste.. missed those ol' days.. Sad

protonticon wrote:
guyz, the ol' sayin' "Early bird gets worm.." does rewards you though you have 2wait 30mins earlier than the promoter to setup their booth.. you'll be the 1st 2get fresh sets from the boxes.. Cool

yes guyz, the Samba Van is one 'HOT' goreng pisang.. & it is my favourite mold.. reminisence sweet memoir of primary school for free milo drinks.. always gets two(2) rounds of the cool chocolatey taste.. missed those ol' days.. Sad

Sudah redeem ke? Twisted Evil
Yesterday when I was queuing for the big scale Samba Van, I saw the front people taking it 1 by 1...suspense.
By the time, I reached the counter, the fella at my back bypassed me and took the last 2, wargggkkkkhhh.
Then, the staff went into the Store and took out more of the big scale Samba Van, phew...

hah.. glad it's only the last final two design.. 24th dah balik kampong for raya so tak sempat nak queue at booth with all the crowds.. hah, missed the commotion oredi laa.. macam queue nak masok stadium or concert laa.. haha Very Happy

but can milo REALLY handle nationwide post??? Not sure whether this will AGAIN backfire them.. makesure customer make proof of postage, else another disappointment if vans tak sampai rumah.. silent

but strange thing from facebook announcement, milo wanna close all of their booth outlets so how customers wanna redeem vans that they havent collect? Question

here what i have collected sofar.. two(2) more 2go are the August vans.. cheers

[img] image026.jpg[/img]

FUIYOH! MAIL-IN MILO VANS.. confirm post in ebayar SCALP price one.. spesel edisi tuUuhhh!!! What a Face

must get that 2010 current ad van & 2011 futuristic van.. transparent headroof deck.. am lovin d milo sejok ad on rear side.. I love you

Today no stock anymore at JB outlet, they send all the redemption application to HQ and only can get them later, probably a few months.

harap2 gitu lah en. sahama.. milo better 2make sure they MUST 'redeem' their promises.. else, alot court orders milo gonna face.. What a Face

agak2 ade tak yang kene resign from milo management after this nationwide commotion aek??? rabbit

yele muscle-san, really hoping to get those two last designs but having doubt we can have 'em in our collection after this issue.. i remembered i nearly wanna backout from queuing after waiting almost two(2) hours for the promoters to arrive.. they were EXTREMELY late & the line of crowds were making noise already.. once they arrived, stocks lak tak sampai lagi.. apelagi, MORE noise from the crowds.. the promoters said another 30mins waiting for the stocks.. once the stocks arrived, everyone cheered and after i got my shares, chow and seeing that the outlet was announced to be closed for the entire promo month, i smiled with full of gratefulness & oshkosh thankful with relief that i almost close 2not having my vans forever.. phew! sweat

well now milo, here i come for redemption of 2010 & 2011 vans.. if my rezeki, it's my rezeki.. if not, there goes my barcodes for their free fat bonuses.. tongue

Protonticon, 2 hours queuing? Wow.
In both occassions of redemption, I queued for less than 20~30mins. I arrived few mins after the outlets opened. First try, I was at around the 5th queue and in another outlet the next day I was at 8~10th.

I was really lucky that the chosen outlets were not that many people. In an outlet, after redemption, I went for shopping. At around 11~11.30am, it was nobody and there are quite some numbers of stock still.
If I had more forms that time, hehehe... surely, redeemed for more 1980 van, hehehe.

yup, two(2) hours straight.. then another half & hour for the stocks.. kalau 2 jam leh tunggu takan another setengah jam takleh tunggu kaAann.. so tunggulah.. well, so HAPPY now vans are mine.. true, 'Patience is VIRTUE'.. I love you

Queuing better than paying extra $$$ to scalper Razz
Else, keeps our fingers crossed for mail-in.

yeah! posted my form for 2010 & 2011 vans.. HURRY2X.. while the closing dates are almost near.. cyclops

No problemo, for the last 2 models, due date is 31-Sept.
For the first 4 models, the due date is before 31-Aug.
I had posted the forms for the 5 models (except 1980 van), will continue to post for the last 2 models esp 2011 van, yummie!

2-week-countdown to post your form and barcode for 2010 and 2011 Milo Vans redemption.
Hurry up and good luck!