Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

FACE IT GIRLS, WE'RE OLDER AND HAVE MORE MONEY (30'S)

Guest Guest
Okay, we need a 30 yr old thread (sorry if there is one, I didn't see it)

Title comes from "Fried Green Tomatoes" and I love it!! I paraphrased it a bit for buying power, but here we go.

I'm Vikki, I'm 35 soon to be 12 and I have 2 girls (see avi).

David has be come my obsession and I want him to be. He's my obsession.........(yes, song from the '80's)

Pop in and post whenever (kinda like a roll call) I'm all over the place at AI and I am here too. I am the resident fool.

Don't forget to visit and post on the Signal's and Sentiments thread here too. It's under All About Word Nerds.

DAVID NEEDS US!!!! AND SO DOES ANDREW!!!

Okay, GO!

Hi!! :flower:

I'm Rhonda. I'm 32 with the libido of a 17 year old male and I have two wee ones! (Kids, that is! ha ha)

I like David Cook, black leather pants and David Cook IN black leather pants!

I'm WN# 1836 and I'm ready to party!!!! WOOOO!!!!

(K... time to take my med's.... lol)

LOVE the title, Vikki!!!

What a coincidence...I'm 32 going on 12 myself. And now my 12 year-old self has that song in my head:

"Your my obsession. Who do you want me to be to make you sleep with me?"

Anyway, thanks for creating a new haven for us smart-n-sexy 30-somethings.

p.s. I'm Bobbi (yes, Bobbi) & I have no children aside from my 20-something husband.

Guest Guest
WN #408 Checking-in, checking-in !!!!!!! Who cares that I am married and have 4 kids... ME LOVES DAVID COOK!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

I'm 32 with the libido of a 17 year old male
I like David Cook, black leather pants and David Cook IN black leather pants!

Oh Rhonda, girl, I HEAR YOU!

I am Michelle, 35 and mom to 2 girls - not afraid to say I love David Cook!

I am also obsessed! This is just nuts! I go out buying magazines now like I did in junior high! Good thing I am over 30 and have money to buy them!

I'm 34 and I love it! I'm single so I don't have to answer to anyone except maybe my employer! I can come and go as I please! Freedom is a wonderful thing! It enables you to do all kinds of things - like go to DC concerts!

I'm 32, married, have 3 kids and a career. I would say I'm 32 going on 12, but I have to admit that at 12 I don't think I would have experienced the, ummm..., "special" feelings I have for DC.

This (not so little) obsession has made me feel younger than I have in a long time!

Oh, I forgot to say that I love the title of this thread! I love that line from Fried Green Tomatoes!

I am 29 1/2 does that count as 30?? lol

I am married (8 yrs) I have 2 boys. One is 7 & one is 5. I live in Iowa (just moved here from Ark for my hubbys job he is a truck driver) My hubby doesn't like my obsession with David so I have to hide it a lot Smile

Guest Guest
@BobbiGurl wrote:
LOVE the title, Vikki!!!

What a coincidence...I'm 32 going on 12 myself. And now my 12 year-old self has that song in my head:

"Your my obsession. Who do you want me to be to make you sleep with me?"

Anyway, thanks for creating a new haven for us smart-n-sexy 30-somethings.

p.s. I'm Bobbi (yes, Bobbi) & I have no children aside from my 20-something husband.

Oooo, a true COUGAR!! Ya married your bait!!

Angelsky: That sucks! I'm so glad that my hubby finds it "funny". He just makes fun of me! Then again, he digs David himself and has admitted that he couldn't blame anyone for loving the guy. "A guy's guy" is what he calls him!

I wonder how he'd feel if he knew I secretly take the remote control every now and again, point it at him and whisper: "David Cook! David Cook!" ?? LOL!

Just sayin' hi to the 30 somethings in this thread.. even though it's a thread for the 30s women. Being 37 that I am, I still feel (and look I believe) young. I wouldn't say 12, maybe 22 or something lol. Young at heart is where it's at, 30s is the new 20s, etc.

Party on.

Lol! You totally get it! I always thought that I'd be better off with older men.
Boy, was I wrong.

I think that we're just hitting our peak in our 30's, so, hell, a man needs to be able to keep up!

Guest Guest
I am Michelle, 35 and mom to 2 girls - not afraid to say I love David Cook!

I am also obsessed! This is just nuts! I go out buying magazines now like I did in junior high! Good thing I am over 30 and have money to buy them!

Isn't "More Insurance" Great!!!

I'm right there with you. My husband is ready to throttle me....ooo, that could be good.

Ha! Ha! This sounds like a David Cookaholics meeting.

Hello, my name is Kim, I'm 34, married with 2 boys and I'm addicted to David Cook.

Guest Guest
I'm 32, married, have 3 kids and a career. I would say I'm 32 going on 12, but I have to admit that at 12 I don't think I would have experienced the, ummm..., "special" feelings I have for DC.

This (not so little) obsession has made me feel younger than I have in a long time!

I would have. (I was mature for my age, just like David)

Guest Guest

I am married (8 yrs) I have 2 boys. One is 7 & one is 5. I live in Iowa (just moved here from Ark for my hubbys job he is a truck driver) My hubby doesn't like my obsession with David so I have to hide it a lot Smile

***waving*** Hi Angelsky!!! Of course you are welcome here!!! (You know how I am!!!)

Just tell your husband that he gets ALL the benefits!!!

My husband would not be thrilled either, so it's my thing which is ok.

Guest Guest
Just sayin' hi to the 30 somethings in this thread.. even though it's a thread for the 30s women. Being 37 that I am, I still feel (and look I believe) young. I wouldn't say 12, maybe 22 or something lol. Young at heart is where it's at, 30s is the new 20s, etc.

Party on.

Slacker!! You can post away here too!!! You remind me in a lot of ways of our Puck. And we NEED more men for their "perspectives" (THAT'S ALSO A BIG HINT TO DAVID AND ANDREW!!)

[quote="huntwork"]

***waving*** Hi Angelsky!!! Of course you are welcome here!!! (You know how I am!!!)

Quote :
Just tell your husband that he gets ALL the benefits!!!

Thats so true!!! (About the benefits) ?

Guest Guest
@dckimj wrote:
Ha! Ha! This sounds like a David Cookaholics meeting.

Hello, my name is Kim, I'm 34, married with 2 boys and I'm addicted to David Cook.

And to quote David " There's no Remedy"

I'm still in my 30s (barely), so I can legally post here before I graduate to another thread! (Sidenote: You can't really hide your age on this site - not that I'd want to but ....)

I'm happily married with no kids. But I do have a 17 1/2 year old cat who just lost a big tooth and was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism which must be treated twice daily for the rest of her life. How's that for random information???!!! I'm a PR consultant who works from home, where I can be online for business and ... er ... other purposes.

Yikes

Guest Guest
@BobbiGurl wrote:
Lol! You totally get it! I always thought that I'd be better off with older men.
Boy, was I wrong.

I think that we're just hitting our peak in our 30's, so, hell, a man needs to be able to keep up!

My guy is 2 years younger than me. Not much, but still qualifies. I've always had a thing for younger guys. Go figure! Rolling Eyes

Guest Guest
@crossword wrote:
I'm still in my 30s (barely), so I can legally post here before I graduate to another thread! (Sidenote: You can't really hide your age on this site - not that I'd want to but ....)

I'm happily married with no kids. But I do have a 17 1/2 year old cat who just lost a big tooth and was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism which must be treated twice daily for the rest of her life. How's that for random information???!!! I'm a PR consultant who works from home, where I can be online for business and ... er ... other purposes.

Yikes

Sounds great!! And as far as the random information: I also have cat. She's black and has something called eosinophylic granuloma....it basically is a behavior problem with ulcerations that eat her poor face. It comes back though.

DAVID COOK!! THIS IS ALL ABOUT DAVID COOK!
(Oh, sorry, thought I was somewhere else)

Hi... my name is Melissa. I am 35 going on 21 (with the libido of a 17 yo male, lol), 3 kids, hubby and cat... and I am addicted to David Cook!! I haven't felt so alive in a loooooooong time cheers

huntwork wrote:
@crossword wrote:

Yikes

Sounds great!! And as far as the random information: I also have cat. She's black and has something called eosinophylic granuloma....it basically is a behavior problem with ulcerations that eat her poor face. It comes back though.

DAVID COOK!! THIS IS ALL ABOUT DAVID COOK!
(Oh, sorry, thought I was somewhere else)

Hah! Oh, and I should add that my husband and cat are also David Cook fans.

Guest Guest
Gotta run guys!! Hubby's home!!! Shh....don't tell him that I love it "here" better than "there" (real life)

huntwork wrote:

Party on.

Slacker!! You can post away here too!!! You remind me in a lot of ways of our Puck. And we NEED more men for their "perspectives" (THAT'S ALSO A BIG HINT TO DAVID AND ANDREW!!)

Cool, ok Very Happy Thanks 8) Reading all of these messages, it seems that the younger guy is preferable amongst all the women. I'm 37, my gal just turned 30.... should I be worried about that?

Guest Guest
Nope! Goes both ways, well...uh.. I mean the age thing.

I'm 30 and I'm obsessed with a man I will never know... ?? But I have no doubt he would love me if he met me...lol

Hi! I am Amy, 33 (WordNerd #2055).

I LOVE David, for many, many reasons, but mostly because of his love for us! Smile

To prove how obsessed I am about Mr. Cook, today I was out shopping and found myself in the men's section picking out shirts that I wanted to buy for him. Please help me, I am one sick woman.

Hi, my name is Ain (as in I'm eyein' that Cookie who has no pants on). I'm single and stepping into my 30s in a few days. I work in broadcasting as an executive editor for current affairs, but the only current affair I'm interested in is with DC.

David has turned me all fangirly. And I'm alright with that.

Oh, and Andrew and I share the same birthday *wink*.

Can y'all do me a favor, ladies??

Since (obviously) you got more money than us, 20-something, how about we count on y'all for anything related to gifts for David??

so that we can have a "free ride"... :lol!:

Hi All! I'm Cindy. I'm 33, married with 2 kids. Feeling like I'm 16 lately, though. Can't wait until I actually end up buying a Teen Beat or something similar because of the "Hot David Cook pin-up!!!" that I am sure will be in it.

Actually, I am feeling 16 at the moment. My parents are in town for the weekend and my mom just informed me they are running an intervention on me. The hell you are, I said. Mom went to bed and I grabbed the laptop and went in my room and shut the door. (Hubby is out of town). Sheesh, trying to tell me what I can't do in my own house. Grrr. I'm a little angry about it. It was the way she said it. They were the ones that started talking about AI, I hadn't said a word.

So, yeah, feeling like a teenager. Only, like you said, I've got more money.

Random information: That scene in Fried Green Tomatoes was filmed in the Winn-Dixie parking lot in my hometown. Saw it being filmed. Cool, huh?

I'm 34 and I love it! I'm single so I don't have to answer to anyone except maybe my employer! I can come and go as I please! Freedom is a wonderful thing! It enables you to do all kinds of things - like go to DC concerts!

Hallelujah! I'm 38 and very happily single with no intentions of changing that.

Oh and LOVE the title of this thread! Laughing Yes... that's why I can afford to fly to the KC shows in addition to my local (Chicago) show. Very Happy

Wow, I feel like I'm in good company with all of you! I'm Jill and I'm married with 3 boys 17, 11 & 9. However, I work from home doing daycare for 10 kids ages 8mo. to school age. I also do Realestate on the side.

I love two musicians, David Cook and John Rzeznik (Goo Goo Dolls). John was my first and only obsession until Mr. Cook came along. Now I'm juggling two on the side! Pretty good for 38 huh??!!

Guest Guest
@GSCookie wrote:
Hi All! I'm Cindy. I'm 33, married with 2 kids. Feeling like I'm 16 lately, though. Can't wait until I actually end up buying a Teen Beat or something similar because of the "Hot David Cook pin-up!!!" that I am sure will be in it.

Actually, I am feeling 16 at the moment. My parents are in town for the weekend and my mom just informed me they are running an intervention on me. The hell you are, I said. Mom went to bed and I grabbed the laptop and went in my room and shut the door. (Hubby is out of town). Sheesh, trying to tell me what I can't do in my own house. Grrr. I'm a little angry about it. It was the way she said it. They were the ones that started talking about AI, I hadn't said a word.

So, yeah, feeling like a teenager. Only, like you said, I've got more money.

Random information: That scene in Fried Green Tomatoes was filmed in the Winn-Dixie parking lot in my hometown. Saw it being filmed. Cool, huh?

AWSOME!!!
And yeah, I know just what you mean. I got the "lecture" that I haven't heard since I was 17!! Mom left storming out of here. I love feelin' young again!!!

To all who have posted and are new, a great big ol' WELCOME!!!

And to my dear 20something.........Nope, you have to EARN it!! (See, a lot of us are still moms too!) :lol!:

Current affair, that's cute!!! Yes, we are all having an "Affair To Remember" with David, and some are in a triangle with Andrew!!!

We are all Innocent.

Guest Guest
Wow, I feel like I'm in good company with all of you! I'm Jill and I'm married with 3 boys 17, 11 & 9. However, I work from home doing daycare for 10 kids ages 8mo. to school age. I also do Realestate on the side.

I love two musicians, David Cook and John Rzeznik (Goo Goo Dolls). John was my first and only obsession until Mr. Cook came along. Now I'm juggling two on the side! Pretty good for 38 huh??!!

You watch 10 KIDS?!?!?! You're a GOD!!! Can I send my kids to you? I'll ship 'em first class, I promise.

Hi Guys! *waves*

How are my 30s girls? Most you know me from AI, but if you don't, I'm a 31 year old veterinarian. Oh yeah, and I'm not married and don't have kids, so I'm in the minority around here!

huntwork wrote:

You watch 10 KIDS?!?!?! You're a GOD!!! Can I send my kids to you? I'll ship 'em first class, I promise.

Yep, It's training for me to keep up with younger men!!

Normally i dont do a lot of comments but could not turn this one away ... Hi im
34 and my name is Amy and i have been married for nearly 15 yrs. I have 13 yr old son and suffer from the same addiction all of yall do lol. But its rather fun!

Quote :

Psst...eosinophilic granulomas are NOT behavioual hunt. They are allergic in origin and can usually be managed or eliminated with diet Wink

Hey there all of you 30 something (or.. whatever age you are *wink*) people! Figgered... I'm 31, I should probably join in!

So yeah... name's Becca, I have a wonderful daughter named Aubrey that is 14 that I love to bits and I'm addicted to... music.

Tell me, how much did you love David's performance's on Jay Leno last night? I thought he was great and couldn't help but smile ear to hear Smile

What a beautiful name Aubrey is, Becca! Very pretty.

Anyway, good morning to my fellow 30-somethings (& those who aren't 30-something but can hang with us)! It was wonderful to see our man last night! I didn't catch the entire thing, though, so I have to get caught up today.

Last night was AMAZING!!!! And the song and interview on the nbc site have made today amazing too!

My parents are still here, so I am once again locked in my room with my laptop. Just like a teenager. Of course I didn't have a laptop when I was a teenager.

Went to the store today. Tried to resist buying the TV Guide. I mean, I don't need a whole TV Guide just for that one little picture, right? I have it on the computer. So I open the magazine, just to take a little peak. And now I own it. Damn you, David Cook! Why must you be so awesome?

Have a great day all! Can't check in much today since I'm being "intervened"

Intervention doesn't work. You have to want to stop for it to work. And why the hell would anyone want to stop? Lol!

@BobbiGurl wrote:
What a beautiful name Aubrey is, Becca! Very pretty.

Anyway, good morning to my fellow 30-somethings (& those who aren't 30-something but can hang with us)! It was wonderful to see our man last night! I didn't catch the entire thing, though, so I have to get caught up today.

Aww!! Thanx Bobbi! I gotta admit, I'm rather partial to it *wink*.

And yes, you definitely have to catch up on last night, he was phenomenla... as per usual Smile Gotta love the kid.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.