Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wordynerdy

My DC Story In Pictures... resurrected

Okay, Wednesday update: no dad coming home today. Now they say maybe Friday. Very Sad

BUT, the good news is I finished the new chapter and am collecting the pictures right now. I'm going to try to post it this afternoon. I have to do what has become my daily ritual of taking mom to Duke and picking up son at school first. Then my kids want to go to the park since it's such a beautiful day. Damn you sun!!! Hopefully I'll get it posted before dinner though. Smile

AF, never heard of Jeff Dye but he's a cutie. And I don't think I've ever commented about James Marsden in your sig... HOT!!!!!

I'll keep your dad in my prayers in hopes that he comes home Friday or earlier! Wink

Can't wait for a new installment!!! Very Happy And thanks about the hot dudesss cheers

Disclaimer: The following story is a work of fiction. I do not know David Cook (but would very much like to!!!) or anybody affiliated with him. Any similarity to actual events is purely coincidental. The pictures below do not belong to me. If the pictures belong to you and you would like me to remove them, please PM me. This story is created for entertainment purposes only. I respect David Cook as an artist and musical genius. I also find him ridiculously attractive. That is all.

Song to accompany the story: Feels Like Home by Chantal Kreviazuk (lyrics here)

Significant verse:
If you knew how much this moment means to me
And how long I've waited for your touch
If you knew how happy you are making me
I've never thought I'd love anyone so much

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 20

The next morning when I woke up I heard David breathing beside me. For an instant I thought I was still lost in my dreams but then I reminded myself that I was very much awake and he was really there with me. I was overcome with joy and started kissing his closed eyelids.

They fluttered open and a smile crept across his face when he saw me staring at him. “Good morning sunshine.” he greeted me.

“Hi there.” I responded and then continued, “You know what you said to me last night? Can you say it again?”. “What? This… oooh yeah baby, right there, that’s the string I like to have strummed? Man, you’re kinky in the morning!” he teased. I hit him in the face with a pillow. “No, not that you perv.” I scolded. “Oh! You mean the other thing.” he said and then rolled over to face me.

He brushed the hair away from my face, looked into my eyes and said so softly “I love you.”. Those words had never sounded so good or felt so right. He leaned forward to kiss me and gently pushed me back on my pillow. I reached up to stroke his big, strong arms.

Time could have stopped right then and there and I would have been perfectly content. But unfortunately time marched on. David said he wanted to head home to see his family and wanted me to go with him. I was a little hesitant about joining him because I was sure I was not his mom’s favorite person. David tried to put my fears to rest. “I know you’re nervous but after I saw you again in NYC and we got reacquainted I couldn’t deny my strong feelings for you. I called my mom and talked to her for a long time about it. She understands that relationships are complicated and told me that she would never inject herself into any of mine. She really does like you and only wants me to be happy. And you make me very, very happy. See?” he said and gave me a big cheesy grin.

I smiled and reluctantly agreed to go with him. It wouldn’t have made a very good impression not to and I really wanted to try hard with David’s mom. She’s a great lady and raised an amazing son. We let ourselves linger under the sheets for a bit longer before he called her. I wish every morning could start that way!

The drive to her house was a little like a trip down memory lane. David kept saying things like “Hey, there’s the coffee shop where we met!” or “Remember when I played in that club and only 5 people showed up?”.

But, the best part was when we drove past my neighbor’s house with the pond and the dock where we had that incredible night together. We just looked at each other and smiled knowing we had shared something so special there. “How are the Parkers?” he asked about the owners of the house. “Not great, Mr. Parker isn’t doing well. He’s 83 and Mrs. Parker is worried he’s not strong enough to fight anymore.” I responded. “Oh man, I hate that. How long have they lived there?” David questioned. “Gosh, I think they’ve lived there 50 years or so. They raised their whole family in that house.” I said. “I’ve always loved that house.” David confessed. “Me too. It’s so beautiful inside and out. Very homey.” I agreed. “Maybe before I leave we can stop by and say hi.” he suggested. “Very nice idea!” I said and smiled inside at what a sweetie my boyfriend was.

The reunion with David’s family was wonderful. They were all so excited to see him. Especially his mom. And of course she was very gracious to me. We spent the entire day there and it made Dave so happy. His mom cooked his favorite foods and had me help her in the kitchen so I could learn. I loved that. Everyone just made me feel like part of the family and it was a wonderful family to be a part of.

Finally it was time to go. David had made plans to spend the next day with his brothers and friends so this wasn’t a farewell for him just yet. But since I wasn’t going to be seeing them, I thanked Dave’s mom and gave her a hug. “I’m actually really glad you two are back together.” she said. “He needs someone to keep him grounded and I like that you’re not in LA. It means he’ll be coming home a lot more often!” I laughed and promised to keep in touch even when Dave’s not in town. I hoped to see a lot more of her. On the way home David was all smiles.

His trip home had done him a world of good. “So, you don’t mind that I spend tomorrow with the guys?” he ventured. “Not at all.” I said. “It is Monday after all and I have work to keep me occupied. I’m glad they’re all taking off to hang with you. Actually, I feel a little guilty taking you away from your family tonight. I’m sure your mom would have loved for you to stay overnight.” Apparently that thought was funny to David as he loudly guffawed.

“Well… I think my mom is smart enough to understand that sleeping under cowboy sheets and staring at little league trophies wasn’t exactly what I wanted to do tonight.” he explained. “Oh, I see. So what DO you want to do tonight?” I asked as innocently as I could. David smirked and said “Replace the ‘what’ with ‘who’ in that question and make ‘you’ the answer and then I think you’ll know.”. Man, the way he can make my whole body tingle with just a look and a thought was like heaven.

I was getting giddy and actually giggled a little bit. We were almost home and David took his hand off the wheel for a second to run it through my hair. The look on his face stopped my giggles and made my heart race.

I took his hand in mine and held it until he parked the car in front of my house. I knew I had to savor every second because his flight back to LA was tomorrow night. I couldn’t bear to think about him leaving. When the car stopped I leaned over and gave him a kiss, long and hard. I had to have him… right then. In an instant I had moved and was now sitting on his lap in the driver’s seat, the steering wheel poking me in the back. David reached down and pulled the lever to slide the seat back. He never unlocked his gaze from mine. No matter how many times he and I had been together like this it never ceased to amaze me how well we fit together. His guitar is unbelievable and he knows how to use it just right.

When we got out of the car we laughed at the windows that had become fogged up from all the guitar playing. We ourselves were more than a little rumpled.

David took my hand and we walked to my house together. For a moment I was overcome with emotion. Never before had something felt so perfect. Somehow David had come back to me and everything was alright.

Most definitley worth the wait. Thanks so much for taking the time to write and post Chapter 20. Keeping you and your Dad in my thoughts and prayers.

*jaw drops*

In the words of AF that is truly EPIC!! You just made my work day that much more enjoyable. You and your dad are in my prayers and you are awesome for doing this ((hugs))

Can you say it again?”. “What? This… oooh yeah baby, right there, that’s the string I like to have strummed? Man, you’re in the morning!”

haha best line ever i can actually imagine him saying that lol... btw part 20 is def my fav amazing job!!!!

uh yeah flippin fantabulous. heck yes that just oozed of epicness. i felt like i was there. wordnerdy i am glad you are here.

Holy freaking god that was amazing.. i need a cold shower wow! Once again wordnerdy you have done it again! Totally worth the wait for that one! Way to make my evening alot better lol

Can you say it again?”. “What? This… oooh yeah baby, right there, that’s the string I like to have strummed? Man, you’re in the morning!”

haha best line ever i can actually imagine him saying that lol... btw part 20 is def my fav amazing job!!!!
I couldn't agree more best line ever. It was very well done and i loved it to bits! Thank you wordynerdy! Your awsome, please do the next chapter soon Awww LoveDroolcheersWe are ALL Innocent

Wow, I didn't expect you guys to like it so much! I felt like I kind of threw it together this time and it was another plot building one which can sometimes be out of place until the story unfolds more. I'm so glad you thought it was epic!!! (I LOVE that!) Smile Yay!!

I also want to say that I appreciate the thoughts and prayers for my dad more than you know. He was more like himself yesterday which was encouraging and his test results were good so they mentioned releasing him today. I'm really hoping that happens.

And thanks so much garpods, I'm glad I'm here too. It's been a nice distraction from everything else. I need to come up with a new way of saying this, but you guys are the best! Hug

BTW, hubby will be out of town this weekend so I'll probably work on more stories. I'm also trying to learn how to use the movie maker on my laptop. I heard a song SO perfect for Cookie and now I'm compelled to make one of those fanvid thingies. Ha, ha, ha! I love not acting my age! Smile

thank you wordynerdy!!!!!! another fabulous installment.
and I'm so glad to hear that you're dad is doing better!

“Hi there.” I responded and then continued, “You know what you said to me last night? Can you say it again?”. “What? This… oooh yeah baby, right there, that’s the string I like to have strummed? Man, you’re kinky in the morning!” he teased. I hit him in the face with a pillow. “No, not that you perv.” I scolded. “Oh! You mean the other thing.” he said and then rolled over to face me.

definitely the quote of the whole story ... loving it!

Wow! This definitely brightened up an otherwise boring day! Very Happy Thank you so much! I loved how it began, when she kisses his eyelids. And the part where he's driving and reaches over to touch her hair. Heart Amazing. And it's great that you're Dad is doing better. I wish him all the best!

Whew! I just got back from driving mom and dad safely home from the hospital. Yay!!!! Now I'm going to open a bottle of wine, have a "movie night" in our playroom with my hubby and kids while gorging on pizza, and watch the Office later on tonight. The only way this day could get better is if I got an e-mail saying David's album has been released a month early and is available for download immediately!!!! Smile Too much to wish for I know! Thanks again SO MUCH for all of your kind words and support. I'm going to collapse now.....

woohoo!!! that is great news wordynerdy!!!! I am so glad that your dad is home safe and sound. sounds like a wonderful evening. enjoy! you deserve it!!! Clapping

Yeah, you totally deserve a night of complete laziness and vegging out! lol Me on the other hand, Im not having the best day in the world today, so i reread the story and I felt a little better...especially the certian quoted line that everyone seems to enjoy! Very Happy

AnthonyFan18 - sorry to hear about your bad day. Isn't wordynerdy's story the best for making a bad day seem not so bad?! here's hoping you have a wonderful evening and a better day tomorrow.

Yeah, you totally deserve a night of complete laziness and vegging out! lol Me on the other hand, Im not having the best day in the world today, so i reread the story and I felt a little better...especially the certian quoted line that everyone seems to enjoy! Very Happy

Awwww... AF! I'm so sorry you haven't had a good day. I hope tomorrow is better. PM me if you need to! Aunt wordynerdy is here for you! Smile

2 glasses of wine down. Hug for everyone!

Wordynerdy that was amazing! Im so happy shes together with David again! Im a sap for those kind of things. The quote was brilliant!

And Im so glad to hear your Dad is home from the hospital! Hug

I love The Office too wordynerdy! though I haven't watched this weeks episode yet because Grey's Anatomy is on at the same time so I usually watch that. I'll be watching it over the weekend (yay for DVRs!! haha)

Whew! I just got back from driving mom and dad safely home from the hospital. Yay!!!! Now I'm going to open a bottle of wine, have a "movie night" in our playroom with my hubby and kids while gorging on pizza, and watch the Office later on tonight. The only way this day could get better is if I got an e-mail saying David's album has been released a month early and is available for download immediately!!!! Smile Too much to wish for I know! Thanks again SO MUCH for all of your kind words and support. I'm going to collapse now.....

wordynerdy that is fantastic news about your dad! absolutely awesome! i hope you had a relaxing movie night with your family, after the past few weeks you had you needed it!
((hugs)) and AF ... if you need another person I'm here to ... you have Aunty Wordnerdy and big sis WN Very Happy ((hugs))

Thanks to Dom aka wordnerd4life007's cookie crumbs I came here, although very late to the party I see. All I have to say for now is WOW. wordynerdy, you are awesome!! I read the entire thread in one go, went to bed, and had a pretty.. um... vivid dream, thanks to this!! You are a fantastic storyteller and the pics... words escape me.

But does this mean I'll have to wait for Tuesdaves to get the next chapter? Dang!!! I have no patience.

Hey there! Welcome to the party, we're glad you joined us!!! Smile And I'm glad you liked the story so far. I started on the new chapter last night so hopefully there will be an update soon.

I'm so jealous of anyone who has had a vivid dream of David. He's shown up in my dreams but he's mostly an "extra", standing there mocking me as a waiter, mechanic or cashier!!! LOL!

Well, it's TuesDave but alas I have no story yet. I've been obsessed with making this tribute vid and I FINALLY got it finished. (The new story is half done though so it will be posted in the next day or two, have no fear!) It's the first one I've ever done and it was FUN! Hope you enjoy it:

Well, it's TuesDave but alas I have no story yet. I've been obsessed with making this tribute vid and I FINALLY got it finished. (The new story is half done though so it will be posted in the next day or two, have no fear!) It's the first one I've ever done and it was FUN! Hope you enjoy it:

Shocked ... I now have that song replaying in my head ... my god - he's gorgeous ... my god his flawless ... damn straight he is ... ClappingClappingClapping awesome first vid girl! and new story soon - you spoil us! ((hugs))

Awesome!!! You just made my day brighter wordynerdy. Amazing job!!! Love that song!!!! It fits him!!! Makes ya go Thud_old

excellent vid!!!! hot hot hot Clapping
I'd say that that song describes David perfectly

Thanks girls! Glad I could satisfy! LOL Wink

I love, love, love that song and thought of David immediately when I heard it. There's another couple of songs by Joss Stone that I want to make into vids: Bad Habit (hee hee) and Put Your Hands On Me ( Thud_old ). I'll have to wait though because this one took me FOREVER to do! I'm such a senior citizen. LMAO!

Great vid wordynerdy! If you hand't told me, I wouldn't have thought that was your first vid! Its full of EPIC WIN! Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy

I really like that song too! Smile

sooooo wordynerdy, I'm thinking it would be fab if the pic from David's album cover made it into one of the chapters!!

^^^ OMG, I just saw that in my e-mail inbox!!! I almost fell out of my chair! Smile What a nice surprise. And yeah.... that would make an excellent addition to one of our chapters! Drool

AF- glad you liked the vid and the song. I can't stop listening to her lately (in between David of course!).

Okay wordynerdy if you thought that vid would distract us from the fact that we haven't had the regular instalment of your DC story... it kinda worked.

But not for long. I'm jonesin' for a new chapter now!! Stop teasing! LOL Face

lol you are a big teaser like david. nice one. that vid was amazing by the way.

LMAO!!!! What a great way to start the morning! Smile Calling me a big tease for putting up the vid and not yet another story seriously cracked me up! ROFLOL

The story is written so I'm assembling pictures now. I was so thankful for those airport pictures yesterday as I was running low on my supply! LOL

(Thanks for the compliments about the vid. I still love it!)

LMAO girls!! My mind has permanently taken up residence in the gutter lately and those pics definitely did NOT help. Or did they?! Twisted Evil

I'm going to try to post the story tonight but it might be tomorrow. Gotta get the kiddies to bed...