Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wordynerdy

My DC Story In Pictures... resurrected

Disclaimer: The following story is a work of fiction. I do not know David Cook (but would very much like to!!!) or anybody affiliated with him. Any similarity to actual events is purely coincidental. The pictures below do not belong to me. If the pictures belong to you and you would like me to remove them, please PM me. This story is created for entertainment purposes only. I respect David Cook as an artist and musical genius. I also find him ridiculously attractive. That is all.

Song to accompany the story: When I'm Thinking About You by The Sundays (Lyrics here. You can also listen to the song on the side.)

Significant verses:
Hope I'll never wake
When I'm thinking about you
So that you know - I never want to wake
Cos now I'm thinking about you

When you're searching your soul
When you're searching for pleasure
How often, pain is all you find

Enjoy!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 11

My trip to NY had come to an end and it had been very productive. My uncle is an executive for the American Cancer Society and arranged an interview in the NY office for a fundraising position that was open back home. I immediately hit it off with the hiring manager and got a call a few days later that I got the job! I was so excited because not only would I be helping out locally, the job involved a lot of travel between the two coasts. I couldn’t think of a better thing right now. I needed to keep busy because David was in fact proving hard to forget. I had kept tabs on how he was doing while I had been gone. I heard he had done “Music of the Night” and killed it.

There was also a version of “I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing” that had the girls swooning.

I missed seeing them on TV but my friend said he was just getting better and better each week. As far as his emotional state, my friend said that after he found out I had left town he was all kinds of upset.

But, after a while he had resigned himself to the situation and started forcing himself to forget everything and become more upbeat and try to enjoy the ride he was on.

I hated to think that I would be forgotten but reminded myself that it was my own doing. I tried to remember the good times we had. Like the time we went to the aquatic park and got to see the dolphins. David was hilarious that day. We had been picked out of the crowd and became part of the show. I was a little more reserved than David who totally responded to the dolphins and the audience. He posed with the dolphin,

knelt down to talk to the dolphin,

and even kissed it!!

He was cracking us all up. Later when I asked him what he said to it David responded “I reminded him to stay away from any tuna nets and if he saw any to just keep swimming. You know, like from Nemo!”. “David, he lives at the park, he won’t be encountering any tuna nets.” I said. He started laughing. “You think he actually understood what I said??! You kill me!”

I found myself smiling about David for the first time in weeks. All of his quirks and goofiness came back to me. Like his penchant for doing mime

and sticking things in his nose.

And the inevitable appearance of the “rally hat” when his team was down.

I even laughed remembering his spontaneous handstands he would do at the most inappropriate times.

He could be such a little boy sometimes! And then other times he was such a man. Those are the times that haunt me in the middle of the night when I’m alone and the darkness proves to be too much for me. I’ve started sleeping with a light on because the shadows were playing tricks on me and showing me David’s face everywhere I looked. I could imagine him walking towards me wearing his sly grin which let me know exactly what he was thinking and exactly what he wanted.

I could imagine his broad shoulders as he leaned over me, a perfectly masculine arm on either side of my head.

Even though I knew he wasn’t there I would turn my head in the lonely darkness of my room wishing I could kiss those arms.

If I let myself think of anything more I risked driving myself completely insane. I felt like a drug addict that needed her fix.

It was better to just flip the light on and keep my imagination at bay. It was going to be hard enough next week when I watch the finale. I couldn't imagine how intense David was going to be that night and my stomach did flips just thinking about it.

So much had changed since that first audition.

David is more popular than ever and I have no doubt he’ll be the winner. It’s only the beginning for him. I wish it hadn’t have been the end for us. At least I can say that once upon a time I knew what it felt like to hold Dave’s guitar.

I'm Not Worthy!Clapping ....

*whispers* wordynerdy ... fantastic as usual ... and

suspence.is.killing.me .... i.cant.wait.for.the.reunion ... *somewhat happy sigh*

Ohman... It's gonna be the final already? Agree with Dom.. You're killing us here, wordynerdy!

Thanks! I thought I'd make this one a little light. And pssssstttt... the finale coming doesn't mean the story's over. Wink

Thanks! I thought I'd make this one a little light. And pssssstttt... the finale coming doesn't mean the story's over. Wink

YESSSS I'm Not Worthy! WOO HOO WooHoo!! YAHOO Yahoo! YIPPEE

That was my worry when I saw the f word pop up ... finale ... now i really can not wait for what happens after the finale DroolMega Rock

yay!!!!!!! great writting!!!......i want more! :lol!: and i'm glad that the story won't end with the finale.....so....when should we expect the next chapter then? hehe i'm being greedy HAHA....

Okay girlies, I've got the next chapter written. It's unlike me to post more than one chapter a week but I have been going CRAZY here with nervous energy. I'm going to the Charlotte show on Sunday and I'm about to 'plode! I swear I've been biting my nails down to nothing!

The story won't be posted tonight but maybe tomorrow. Gathering the pics now...

I don't know, brookealike, it would be better for my mental health if I could just stay home. I actually had my 7 yo daughter take pictures of me in different outfits today to pick out the best one, colored my hair last night and straightened it this morning as a "test". My husband thinks it's hysterical!!!

Just use my excuse: David Cook made me do it. (of course, mental health has flown out the window for me...I'm totally insane!)

That was great! Just what i needed to come back to from my vacation!

So yeah, just got back from New Hampshire (and no I didn't go to the manchester show-bummer!) But it was great! I got to bring my best friend along with me. We then went to a Backstreet Boys concert last night and that was great! They can still put on a great show. Smile I unfortunatly have a cold now, and I can't hear alot so Im hoping that its just congestion and that Im not going deaf-the thought just scares me Very Sad

But yeah! great story, can't wait for the "finale"! More rising action to the climax Wink

Hey AF, welcome back! You were missed! Glad you had a good time with your BF. Backstreet Boys, huh? That's awesome! Too back you couldn't see DC too.

Don't worry about your hearing, I'm sure your head is just stuffed. Although, if you think you have an ear infection don't wait too long to get it checked out. I made that mistake a couple of months ago and my ear drum burst. I couldn't hear anything for another month after that. Okay, I'll stop being a mom now!

Thanks wordynerdy! We were sitting right a under these giant speakers so that didn't help. I do know that it is not an ear infection because my mom, being a mom too lol,, said it was a cold. She also said that she woke up and her hearing was a little fuzzy today too, so I think its a half and half deal, so its just really bad. Im on my 3rd glass of water as we speak! Razz My left ear is wicked clogged and I can tell when i talk so it will hopefully get better soon.

Oh and btw, the pics I posted in the pic thread for 8.8.08 show in Hartford-go ahead and use those if you like in your story (If you didn't see em' go take a look and you can still use them!) Wink

Hey AF, welcome back! You were missed! Glad you had a good time with your BF. Backstreet Boys, huh? That's awesome! Too back you couldn't see DC too.

Don't worry about your hearing, I'm sure your head is just stuffed. Although, if you think you have an ear infection don't wait too long to get it checked out. I made that mistake a couple of months ago and my ear drum burst. I couldn't hear anything for another month after that. Okay, I'll stop being a mom now!

Uhm. OUWCH. How's it now?

^Yeah, how is that?

And speaking of which, my hearing came back, I was just stuffed up bad and fuzzy from the concert. So no worries I can hear again! Clapping

Yea!!! So glad your hearing is back AF! I don't recommend ever rupturing your ear drum. It actually hurts way worse before it bursts and then after there's a big relief. (Except the rushing fluid escaping your head is a little disconcerting!) Then the hearing loss is a major annoyance. I was actually really scared I would never be able to fully listen to DC ever again! LOL! Smile No worries now though.

I'm fully expecting hearing loss after tomorrow night's concert. Mostly due to my own fangirlie screaming! Smile

Yes! Don't be afraid to scream at a concert! Its the only place where you can do so and not get yelled at! Very Happy But don't hurt yourself in the process! lol

Thanks AF! I hope my luck is as good as yours!

Here's the next chapter. Now I've got to go to bed... I'm sleepy! I won't be back home until Monday afternoon so I'll check in then. Have a good couple of days girls! Smile

Disclaimer: The following story is a work of fiction. I do not know David Cook (but would very much like to!!!) or anybody affiliated with him. Any similarity to actual events is purely coincidental. The pictures below do not belong to me. If the pictures belong to you and you would like me to remove them, please PM me. This story is created for entertainment purposes only. I respect David Cook as an artist and musical genius. I also find him ridiculously attractive. That is all.

Song to accompany the story: The World I Know (David Cook's version)

Significant verse:
So I walk up on high
and I step to the edge
to see my world below.
And I laugh at myself
while the tears roll down
'cause it's the world I know.
It's the world I know.

Enjoy!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Part 12

The night of the finale finally arrived. My stomach had been in knots all week just thinking about it. I had been in contact with my friend who said David was confident and ready to perform. And perform he did. He chose to sing The World I Know by Collective Soul. From the first note I was mesmerized. Something about how David looked in the darkness on stage surrounded by blue lights made me tingly.

He was wearing all black except for a pop of red with his tie. He almost looked like a shadow of himself, barely there.

But when the camera went for a closeup I saw his face and knew he was very much present in the moment.

He seemed almost sad to me but intense at the same time just as I knew he’d be. Making one last statement with his music would be so important to him. He sang the words “Have we eyes to see… love is gathering” and my eyes began to fill with tears.

I was so proud of him. He has such an amazing gift and he was sharing it with everyone tonight. I could feel his energy coming through the TV and it hit me like a tidal wave. I knew I was witnessing something I would never forget.

Then the camera panned out and showed David from behind and I saw the crowd was caught in his spell as well. It was a breathtaking sight. He had us all captivated just waiting for the next note and then the next one and then the next. We couldn’t get enough. “So I walk up on high and I step to the edge to see my world below” is such a fitting line. He is on the edge and after this moment his life will never be the same. I can almost feel God’s hand at work making everything come together in just the right way at just the right time.

And then it’s over. Hitting the last incredible note at the end made his face contort into an almost pained expression.

But it was anything but painful to hear. It was a beautifully sweet, controlled, heartfelt ending that moved me to tears. And David as well. He broke down and let all of his emotions go.

I was sobbing watching this man that I still had feelings for experience something so powerful and I just wanted to be there for him, by his side. This last song was a huge gift to his audience and what could I give him in return? With this last performance he proved he was a man of uncompromising integrity, honesty and genuine talent. He was a beautiful soul and he bared it for everyone to see tonight.

I could not stop crying. In comparison I was stupid and weak. I deserved all the pain I felt and I certainly didn’t deserve David. He was following the exact path he should be taking but what was in store for me? What was my path? Where would my road lead me? Lord knows I have a long way to go. There was no surprise when it was revealed that David was the winner.

It was a magical moment. There were more tears but these were tears of joy and relief.

His fellow contestants celebrated with him

I celebrated quietly in my apartment, smiling to myself and feeling a little satisfied knowing that I had been right all along. As I watched him sing his “victory song”, I wondered how David’s life would change now.

I felt the overwhelming need to contact him to let him know how proud I was of him. But, given our past and very different futures I thought a quick text message would be best. I knew I was being selfish but I couldn’t help it. I sent it anyway: “Just wanted to say congratulations. I wish you all the happiness in the world.”. I breathed deeply when I hit the send button. It was like a final kiss goodbye.

Of course I wished David well. He deserved to be happy and I hoped he would be. I was emotionally drained. I turned off all but one light and thought of David before I went to sleep as I had done every night since our break-up. I thought about the time we went to the mall to buy David some clothes.

My objective was to try and spruce up his wardrobe but I must admit that staring at and studying his body all afternoon was a very nice side benefit.

He hated shopping, especially trying on clothes and in no time he had talked me into going to the frozen yogurt counter. I secretly loved the way he ate ice cream. The way he sucked on the spoon made me blush.

And when he was done he had a dirty habit of licking his fingers. I can’t say I minded though!

It was those little things that I missed the most. The things that made him uniquely Dave. And I missed him being all mine. That night I had a short but sweet dream about him. We were together in a public place but got separated in a huge crowd. Suddenly the crowd parted and he was standing right in front of me looking straight into my eyes.

He looked beautiful as always and I woke up with a smile on my face. Who knows if I would ever see him like that again. For now, dreams are all I have.

dang it wordynerdy ... you get me everytime!!

Have an awesome time at the concert!! Lucky you girl! and as usual CAN NOT wait for the chapter when the dreams become reality!

Aw wordynerdy! That was...that was fan-freakin' tastic! OMG! I can't get over how awesome and intriging (SP?) that was! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Now I can't wait for the next part!!! I want to see the dreams become reality for this girl in the story! Hug *hugs for you wordynerdy*

wow good job wordynerdy! as always! i can't wait for the next chapter when you get back and also to hear about the concert! oh and can't forget the amazing pictures WooHoo!!

very nice. kept me entertained and drawn in the whole time. this has become my weekly reading instead of anything else. lol!!!

@garpods22 wrote:
very nice. kept me entertained and drawn in the whole time. this has become my weekly reading instead of anything else. lol!!!

same here! Yahoo! i feel like a drug addict needing her fix WooHoo!!

GARPODS!!!!! As the keeper of David's pictures I'm honored that you're here. You're the source of many of these pictures I'm sure! Smile

LOL about drug addicts needing their fix!

I'm so glad you guys liked my latest installment. I watched TWIK so many times while writing it. It never fails to make me cry.

I'll be posting another story very soon. I got back from the Charlotte show and am SO emotional about David right now. He was unbelievably amazing. I didn't get to "meet" him or get a picture with him but I was content just to watch him from afar and be in the same space as him. He is a beautiful person inside and out. I now have lots of inspiration for the rest of my story!

I hate that this picture is so out of focus, but how cute does he look here? I can't believe how badly my camera sucks...

lol thanks wordnerdy and yes cook looks so cute there. i am glad you had fun.

im so glad you had a blast at the concert wordynerdy ... and you now what - no matter how blurry photos are - sometimes they are the best ones ... david is so gorgeous is the pic awwww ... oh I dont like it when you are emotional girl - that means I need tissues for the next installment ... plus I love the very soon part Very Happy

Aw, Im so glad to hear that wordynerdy. I had you on the brain since Sunday and I was really hoping for you to have your moment with D.C, but from what I just read, you did, and you don't need a picture with him to prove it. Just being in the same room was enough, and it was definetly enough for me Wink LMAO! To watch someone you admire do what they do best live is a great feeling! Good for you wordynerdy!

And some inspiration for the story?! Can't get any better than that! Very Happy

awww sounds like you had fun at the concert wordynerdy Very Happy and that's ok that the picture is slightly blurry....it's still good! lol

I went to the San Jose concert. My David moment was a Mavid moment. I saw David piggybacking on MJ after the concert. I just wish I hadn't forgotten my camera at home, else I'd have a picture to share. *sigh* Oh well, I will always have that as a memory.