Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DCcrazy

REMINISCE THREAD...FOR WORD NERDS OLD AND NEW !! PLEASE COME IN

Remember the Word Nerds gifts to David? And edited to make this thread all about our relationship with David while he was on AI.

THIS ONE IS TOP 3 WEEK...OVER 60 BOUQUETS

AND HERE IS FINALE WEEK....IT TOOK 2 MEN TO CARRY EACH BASKET Smile

GOD BLESS MICHAEL..OUR HONORARY WORD NERD Smile
(He's the florist who arranged and delivered the flowers for us. Everyone who contributed called him on their own and picked flowers and paid for them separately and he did a LOT of work to get it all together and to David.)

I remember those times...
We really rock,hihi*

Yes, we are the best. The bestest fans ever. 'Cause we don't fight our OCDCD!

The flowers were the best group gift ever... until I give him the Signal & Sentiments book anyway! But seriously, the flowers were beyond awesome.

yeah they sure were Stacy.....even got a shout out on LKL because of them Smile

I really miss those days, to the point of tears. It's just too sad to see what has happened to our old home where all those memories are. It's like watching your childhood home burn down Very Sad

Guest Guest
Hey Megan! Those were the good old AI days! Great pictures-you should add the dogtags and the boots!
We should get him a new hat! Then we'd have him covered from top to bottom!!! :lol!:

ShookByCook wrote:
Hey Megan! Those were the good old AI days! Great pictures-you should add the dogtags and the boots!
We should get him a new hat! Then we'd have him covered from top to bottom!!! :lol!:

If we ever get the pics back of the boots Very Sad

I will he harassing Cookie for that is less than 3 weeks.

It was nice to see this, I missed on on contributingevery gift prior to the boots, because silly me, I found the fourm way too late. Now I can remember not being a part of this fine group of people.

@DCcrazy wrote:
yeah they sure were Stacy.....even got a shout out on LKL because of them Smile

I really miss those days, to the point of tears. It's just too sad to see what has happened to our old home where all those memories are. It's like watching your childhood home burn down Very Sad

That's a big part of why we made this home. The poof-proof home, lol.

I like that you're bringing some of the old memories over here. We should find more, then people who weren't there, like Daina, can find out more stuff they missed and catch up, and veterans can reminisce. We've been doing a lot of reminiscing in our Love Boat (1-400), 'cause obviously those of us with those numbers have been around a long time. People who didn't get a number, or who only lurked way back then, should pop in our Love Boat for some great memories.
Very HappyMusic Makes me HAPPY

*sniff* great memories indeed...

where's the pic of the DC white belt?

lol

You just knew I would mention it, right? Very Happy

Edited to fix my bazaar spelling error...lol

Guest Guest
I miss the CFM looks and the subtle shout outs that he gave us to know that he "knew" and loved us for it.

They were the gifts that he gave us. Music was for EVERYONE, but those subtle hints were just for us.

Awww...hunt...yeah...I miss those too...if only we could get a hold of him to ask him to do stuff again...

I wonder...hmmm...

some great memories i remember syesha talking about all the gifts he received.

flowers, snacks, fruit...cookies...all kinds of stuff, if I remember correctly

Uhhh...katsmeow58...what part of MO City? lol

do we know each other???

Guest dawtreecookie

Hey guys.. Smile I remmeber how much I was freaking out about the flowers we sent him. I sent him blue irises, and then I saw those pictures of him outside with his family holding blue irises, and I died.

What happened when he received the Signal and Sentiment book? I missed that story. Haven't been here in a while.

It is being presented to him in person...just being finished...you just missed the deadline earlier today to have your pic on the cover!

@Jodie76 wrote:
flowers, snacks, fruit...cookies...all kinds of stuff, if I remember correctly

And a bunch of girly calendars that he couldn't figure out what were all about, if I'm not mistaken. That was hilarious! LOL Face

Oh, how time flies by...

Ah! Memory Lane!! Great great great moments...

Thanks again to you all who made all of those happened!! Without you guys, DC would probably never recognize us! pirate

I owe you guys soooo much!! Thanks!! Group Hug1

Guest Guest
Aww....I was one of those lurkers for a long time who finally signed up...

how sweet to see the pics...I've heard lots of stories but never seen pics...yeah, there should be thread with all the Word Nerd gifts shown..... that would be cool...

Love Boat 1-400 did you say?....it better be good if I go over there!! LOL

**runs off to find the 1st Love Boat**

Reminiscin' the past. What great memories we have back then... and we still are making great memories here.

AWW I love the trip down memory lane. I too discovered the boards way too late, so it is great seeing and hearing about what you guys did for David. Word Nerds are the BEST!!!

Guest Guest
Hey, PLEASE someone start a thread listing the gifts given to David by the Word Nerds as a group like the flowers and baskets up above.....Tell us when and why and what it was, ya know? I know there is all the tour gifts now, but I mean all the gifts from when he was on the show right up until he got the boots (that was his "winning gift" right?)...all of us lurkers have heard stuff but it'd be nice to have a thread.... Come on, someone....who remembers????

While we're at it, I'd like to know the sentiments too.... those of us that were lurkers in the beginning or who didn't come to the boards until later don't realize that certain things he did were "shout-outs to the Word Nerds", ya know.... that'd be nice to put that stuff in another thread too....new Word Nerds would like to see that kind of stuff.... like the clothing thing for Day Tripper week, right, and the grabbing the dog tags or whatever, hand over heart, flower on guitar (was that cuz you guys gave him the flowers that week??).... Okay, you people with the good memories, get started.....LOL

Hey guys.. Smile I remember how much I was freaking out about the flowers we sent him. I sent him blue irises, and then I saw those pictures of him outside with his family holding blue irises, and I died.

What happened when he received the Signal and Sentiment book? I missed that story. Haven't been here in a while.

Hi, dawtree, long time no see!

To elaborate on Jody's update on the Signal & Sentiments Book: It is at the publishers right now, being printed and hard-cover bound as we speak! I am going to deliver it to David before or after one of the 3 New Jersey shows we're stalking. We are bringing a video camera so you all will get to see him receive it. Here's a little surprise for you all: the finished front cover, covered with images of David's Word Nerds, for him to gaze longingly at our pretty pictures for a change, lol:

Very HappyAwww Love?

OMG STACY! That looks amazing! Thanks so much for doing that (:
I cant wait to see the video of him getting it! Very Happy

Guest Guest
Stacy--THAT LOOKS GREAT!!!!!! Wow!!

So is the book red around it like that?

How many pages is it, by the way?

kccban, this thread is turning into what you want! This is going to be a GREAT thread!

I'll supply the story of the Signal, give me a minute, and DCcrazy can tell all about the flowers and justforme the dogtags, and everyone will tell the stories of what they were most involved in.

Thanks, guys! The rest of the book cover is red, the spine has the title in black, and centered on the back it the picture of David giving the signal with one of our roses in his guitar after "Dare You to Move."

Guest Guest
Stacy, you make it sound like that's a bad thing! I'm sorry...I'm just curious, like I'm sure others are too..... **cries**

omg...i can see myself in there....gahh....
just imagining him holding that book with our faces...in his hands....gives me shivers....
GAHH..
and btw, stacy...that looks.....GREAT!!!!!!

The Story of "The Signal."

The week before Day Tripper, a bunch of us were trying to figure out what would be a good signal to ask David to give us to show he knows we love him. There were about a dozen different threads with all kinds of ideas for everyone to vote on. They included blowing us a kiss, tossing a guitar pick, tugging his ear, and all kinds of stuff. We settled on a thread that said, "David, please either put your hand/fist to your heart or tug your earlobe to say hi to us."

The show came and you know how they show a 5-second clip of whoever is going to perform next? Well, after Brooke sang, they showed David up on the top of the tower, tapping his heart with his fist like 5-6 times. A lot of people missed it because David wasn't performing yet, but I saw it and screamed / squeeeeeeee'd and literally ran in circles around my apartment I was so excited. Then after he performed, I rewound my TiVo and took a photo of my tv screen of him doing the signal to post in my spoilers thread.

to be continued...

The Signal, Part 2: The Sentiments

So, after the first Signal, we were all REALLY excited, especially since the week before he wore Jody's white belt for Eleanor Rigby too. So again a million threads, a million ideas, what should we ask him to do this week? Until we reached a consensus that it's so amazing of him to do the signal we requested, let's not make him search around every week to find what the latest signal is for him to have to remember. He chose the hand-to-heart so let's stick with it.

That's when lovincook came to me with the idea that the thread about the Signal, since we now knew that he knew to look for threads about signals, could also be a place where we can talk to David. So we co-wrote an intro and title for the Signal & Sentiments threads thread and in it we asked him for the Signal, thanked him for the Signal, and shared all our sentiments with him, so he could soak up all our love for him.

And a friend of his confirmed to us that he absolutely does the hand-to-heart as a signal to us, and that he does read the sentiments we give him when he has a few minutes free time to browse the forum.

And when the season was nearing an end, lovincook and I decided that we don't want David to ever lose all the sentiments we wrote to him and so, the book.

Smile

Guest Guest
So there was nothing before Day Tripper? How did you even know he would read about this if there had never been a signal before?

OMG..so that week, he read the boards and did a signal AND wore the clothes that Jodie(?) suggested????? OMG....I'm gonna faint....

Edited: Now that I read part 2....OMG.....I just wonder....WHY?? Why would he do it? Why for "us"? What about the other boards/groups out there? And who is the friend who told you he does it for "us"????? Come on, you mentioned it, now I HAVE to have alllllll the details......LOL

Please answer my questions or I'm gonna pm you until you wish you had never started this!! LOL

We asked him to do the signal not knowing if he read the boards or not - I guess it was also kind-of a test to see if he did read us. Again, he wore the white belt the week before, after that weekend where Jody was popping into every single thread and saying it would be the hottest thing ever if he wore a white belt - the white belt was EVERYWHERE and I thought Jody's obsession with men in white belts was one of the funniest things ever, so I even photoshopped a really funny white belt onto a picture of David and posted it to add to the white belt hilarity.

The white belt was kind-of the first signal, albeit a very different one.

Gosh, now I wonder if David saw that funny white belt picture? Anyway, that weekend before Eleanor Rigby, the weekend of the white belt, was also the weekend of the hilarious David Cook is not Single thread, starring Coach Frank, and I think that weekend I also started the David Cook is so Hot,_____ (fill in the blank) thread which Andrew Cook named in an interview months later as a favorite thread of his he found hilarious. And it IS hilarious - the Word Nerds have a way with words, let me tell you! I've started transferring the So Hot thread over here and someday I'll finish it, but it's still alive over on AI too.

Guest Guest
Stacy, did you just change that up above to say "this is going to be a GREAT thread!" ???? That wasn't there before, was it? You are soooo silly....I wasn't REALLY crying!! he he

kcbban wrote:
Stacy, did you just change that up above to say "this is going to be a GREAT thread!" ???? That wasn't there before, was it? You are soooo silly....I wasn't REALLY crying!! he he

lol - I knew you weren't crying - I changed it because I really did mean that I was excited for everyone to share their gift and other David stories from during the season.
WooHoo!!WooHoo!!WooHoo!!

Guest Guest

Stacy that came out beautiful!! Thanks for doing this Hug

What a great idea it was to make a book of thoughts & sentiments for our "Forever our Idol" to have "Forever"!

I must say -this Crazy, funloving, fanbase praising, DC WN fans are the BEST! Group Hug1

Guest Guest
You know, I've heard this stuff before but I just can't believe it, ya know???? It's just soooo OUT THERE, ya know???? That he would read it and think okay, I'll wear a white belt, okay I'll do a signal...okay.....I just can't get past WHY? You know? there are other boards out there--just cuz it was the AI board? I just have a hard time believing it but it obviously happened.....

I just can't "wrap my brain around" the WHY???? why for us? Okay, now I am crying.........

kcbban wrote:
So there was nothing before Day Tripper? How did you even know he would read about this if there had never been a signal before?

OMG..so that week, he read the boards and did a signal AND wore the clothes that Jodie(?) suggested????? OMG....I'm gonna faint....

Edited: Now that I read part 2....OMG.....I just wonder....WHY?? Why would he do it? Why for "us"? What about the other boards/groups out there? And who is the friend who told you he does it for "us"????? Come on, you mentioned it, now I HAVE to have alllllll the details......LOL

Please answer my questions or I'm gonna pm you until you wish you had never started this!! LOL

Your enthusiasm is infectious! I feel like I'm back in March again, reliving this all with you and I love it!

Okay, I believe that the Signal is not just for us, the ones who requested it. I was over on d-c.org after the show ended and there were people there who did not know about the Signal. But they had noticed that he put his hand to his heart after performances and "felt" that it was a gesture to his fans without even knowing that it directly was. Because it's the perfect signal, really. Touching his heart... it makes me want to cry again like I did every time he did it!

The friend who confirmed the signal, I can't give away his identity, but he's for real. There was a thread a few weeks after the first signal, talking about seeing him do the signal again, but the cameras pulled way back and it was hard to see, so we were pointing it out where to see it. And some naysayers were saying we were reading something out of nothing so his friend came in to the thread to refute the pessimists, and I shared some PMs with the friend afterwards.

His friend said that the hand to the heart was most definitely "The Signal" and it was very important to him and to David that we know he is giving us the signal to show he appreciates us. The friend did this even though he could get in trouble for contacting fans which they were not supposed to do. But it was that important that we know it's the signal. The friend also confirmed that David reads the Signal & Sentiments thread. Which is still going by the way, in the About the Word Nerds folder!

And we don't know for sure that he wore the white belt for Jody, but it seemed too much to be coincidence, and seriously, if he peeked into our forum that weekend, he 1) HAD to have seen posts about a white belt, because they were seriously in every thread (you see, back then, one could actually keep track of every single thread in David's folder. There were less than 500 official Word Nerds back then) and 2) he HAD to have found the ubiquitous white belt to be as funny as the rest of us did - it was awesome.

Guest Guest
I realize there were a lot less people back then....that's also why I kind of am amazed that he did it, for so few people, you know.... So you REALLY don't think it was all a coincidence, the signal? The friend totally convinced you that it was for real? AMAZING....this David Cook....amazing....wow....

I am one of those people back then who saw the signal and thought oh, that's nice, but I didn't realize it really meant anything..I just thought it was some emotion on his part....I don't know....

Okay, now the clothing thing--it wasn't just the belt, right? It was also the shirt and the jacket, right? or is Jody gonna tell that?? he he

Can I just say again: This guy is amazing.........

Guest Guest
kccban, this thread is turning into what you want! This is going to be a GREAT thread!

I'll supply the story of the Signal, give me a minute, and DCcrazy can tell all about the flowers and justforme the dogtags, and everyone will tell the stories of what they were most involved in.

Thanks, guys! The rest of the book cover is red, the spine has the title in black, and centered on the back it the picture of David giving the signal with one of our roses in his guitar after "Dare You to Move."

Stacy-it looks great-just wondered how many pages did it end up being? Star

The belt, maybe Jody will pop back in again, but she may have talked about an outfit around the belt, but all I remember was the belt.

The belt was for Jody but it was also the first of my David Cook Wardrobe Prophet predictions. It seems every time I talk about picturing DC wearing something, (almost always with a different partner in crime) it comes true - sometimes right away, sometimes 2 months later, sometimes exactly what I pictured, sometimes a weird variation on it.

The second wardrobe prophet prediction was in the Fan thread, stoppokingme and I went off on a hilarious tangent the week between Day Tripper and Billie Jean. We were talking about what song from the year he was born should he sing and decided just about anything he'd make great, except "Physical" - that wouldn't work. And we went off on how funny would it be if he dressed in a turquoise spandex unitard and sweatband and leg-warmers like the video? So later, in the basketball Ford video he wore a really silly-looking sweatband that had no reason to be there, and then the infamous green spandex video.

Then, between Innocent and ABMB, we were chatting about what we'd like to see him wear and I said I liked his look from Happy Together: untucked button-down shirt, tie, vest and jeans. Then... ABMB! Then, or maybe before then, I had this thread Do You Prefer David With or Without... his guitar, that quickly became with or without pants, which was really f-ing funny. So cocar and I stared talking about how amazing it would be if he did that scene from Ricky Business dancing around with no pants on. Two months later and Yikes

So after that I decided this is too eerie, I must be some kind of seer, a wardrobe prophet. So I decided to test the theory and I posted that I was imaging him ditching his favorite old fedora he wears everywhere and replacing it with something with greens or blues in it. And now he has that awesome new moss-green fedora!

Okay, the wardrobe prophet is just silliness (but you're welcome everybody for the Guitar Hero ad Wink ), but there's lots of other stuff David actually did for us, and I want everyone to share their stories of the ones they were closely involved in. The flowers, the dog-tags, the "plethora," everything!

Aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!! Stacy!!! Can I just tell you it's AWESOME!!!
You've done a very good job!! And Monica too!! Clapping

That's the spirit of the BEST fans in the world!!! Hug

No other group of fans can ever beat us!!! Mega Rock

Guest Guest
I mentioned this in the Tour Spoiler section, but when I met David after the Portland show, my friend and I got to talk to him for a minute. He was busy signing autographs, and had already talked to me about my traveling from Ohio to Oregon to see him (he gave me that "one eyebrow cocked, the other eye half shut, this is crazy grin" and said, "You DO know we're playing shows in Ohio, don't you?" LOL.)

As he was moving on, my friend said "We're just a couple of your WordNerds" and he stopped signing, looked back at us, got the biggest, most genuine smile on his face and said, "I LOVE the WordNerds!" It was so obvious that he really does. He's going to be a huge star, he's going to make tons of new fans, but you can tell that he'll never forget the WordNerds, and that we'll always have a special place in his heart.

ShookByCook wrote:
Stacy-it looks great-just wondered how many pages did it end up being? Star

Thanks!

It is 548 pages. I formatted the sentiments lovincook gathered into individual boxed-in "letters" and left them in time-order. Then I went through every page and where I could, I added spaces between the sentiments to not split them up on 2 pages. Then on each page I spaced them all out with equal spacing in-between, or spacing equal to the margins... you know, obsessive-compulsive perfectionistic stuff.

Then at each point in the timeline where he had a performance, I left a blank page which I'm go to go into when I get the book and spray-mount a picture of that performance, with the lyric to that song that huntwork transcribed for the project, all designed-up and everything. For the performances we have a picture of him doing the signal after, I'm going to use that image.

Jeannie wrote:
As he was moving on, my friend said "We're just a couple of your WordNerds" and he stopped signing, looked back at us, got the biggest, most genuine smile on his face and said, "I LOVE the WordNerds!" It was so obvious that he really does. He's going to be a huge star, he's going to make tons of new fans, but you can tell that he'll never forget the WordNerds, and that we'll always have a special place in his heart.

Ah, reliving all this is already had me on the verge of tears, but you're going to put me over the edge! I'm at work too dammit (though you can't tell because I've spent my first 3 hours at work now in HERE)! David clearly does love his Word Nerds. He shows us in a plethora of ways. I was watching a spoiler video of one of his concerts last night and after he finished his encore, there it was, the Signal... still doing it. Awww Love

It's impossible to be looking forward to something more than I'm looking forward to seeing him perform live, but I really am looking forward more to giving him his book. He is so obviously the type of person to appreciate everything in that book, all the love of his Word Nerds. I can't WAIT to give it to him!

OhmyGod, Jeannie!!!! I thought I got myself to stop crying!

Oh well... I thought I couldn't fall for this guy any deeper, but he just proved he's so touching and that makes him so unforgettable! I think we all should be proud at the way he's been treating us! I know he doesn't discriminate one fanbase to the others, but I just feel like we're holding a way more special place in his heart!

I love you more and more, Mr. David Cook!!

Blow Kisses

(oh, I remembered how we used to say "I love you David Cook" before and after each and every week of the show!)