Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DCcrazy

REMINISCE THREAD...FOR WORD NERDS OLD AND NEW !! PLEASE COME IN

Looks like we're not the only ones who reminisce on our relationship with David in the AI days - David wore THE WHITE BELT last night at his special album release day performance for the fans, along with our tour colors he helped us choose. AND he gave us the signal while thanking us for helping to get him where he is.

Awww LoveAww. donuts!

Guest Guest
Oh Stacy~I love your Avi~ Awww Love
It has been a wild few days and it has been so much fun sharing all this with everyone here!
Group Hug1

I guess some of the girls who joined us in the last few months need to know about the beautiful story of our "HOME" !!! Hug

Till now, I remember when I joined in our HOME, that Stacy told me the story behind the rose at David's guitar when he sang "Dare you to move" and "The Signal"...
And told me to read about the WN story !!
I became very moved when I learned about this...
Melt

I'm sure the new WN's here will love to read this Thread !!!

Guest Guest
Great thread... so many memories and so much to add to it. Just rereading a little of this thread has me smiling.

This thread is just so beautiful.
Makes me smile/laugh/cry all in one.
&I woke up to this; What an awesome birthday present. :]]

Guest Guest

Happy birthday, Faith!!! Hug

So many memories! Reading back it seems unreal it's been almost a year and a half the Word Nerds were born as a community Awww Love Our relationship with David it's awesome and although he and us want him to get new fans every day, his WNs will always have a special place in David's heart.

It was amazing when he told Stacy (at the S&S 2 book delivery), that he has vol. 1 in his bookcase and goes back to read it from time to time. Now he has 2 books and we're heading for # 3, hopefully.

i sent you a pm, but happy birthday here too! Very Happy lol

Made wrote:

So many memories! Reading back it seems unreal it's been almost a year and a half the Word Nerds were born as a community Awww Love Our relationship with David it's awesome and although he and us want him to get new fans every day, his WNs will always have a special place in David's heart.

It was amazing when he told Stacy (at the S&S 2 book delivery), that he has vol. 1 in his bookcase and goes back to read it from time to time. Now he has 2 books and we're heading for # 3, hopefully.

Really?! He reads it from time to time?!
Aaaw, Davey! Awww Love

Maybe we should give him an exam just to test if he really read it. Laughing

Happy Birthday Faith !!! The Wave

Guest Guest
@cheng0613 wrote:
Made wrote:

Really?! He reads it from time to time?!
Aaaw, Davey! Awww Love

Maybe we should give him an exam just to test if he really read it. Laughing

Yes, he said so! But we could test him anyway just to be sure SuspectLOL Face

Whew. Just finished reading this thread. The stories were amazing. I have one question to ask, and that is -- could someone kindly provide the background for "plethora"? Everyone always seems to make a big deal about it, and I never understood why, and now it looks like it was also a sort of signal as well -- but I want the whole story, darn it! Wink

Also -- Happy Birthday, Faith!

And finally -- what ARE the plans for an S&S V.3? I know sentiments are still being written -- heck, I've written 3 since I've joined this forum, 2 in the last month, I think. Is the plan for it to cover everything from post-AI Tour through the end of the Declaration Tour? Or will it go up until the next album? And is there a length minimum that whoever's editing it requires for it to be printed out so it's substantial enough? Sorry for all the random questions -- but this next one will actually be the first one I'll be in, so I'm just very curious. Smile

Guest Guest

"Plethora" was another signal... I'm trying to remember, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong... but there was a thread where folks were trying to come up with a word for him to use in an interview that would let us know that he for sure was reading online. Plethora was chosen.

At an interview a few days later he was asked what his favorite word was, and he paused for a moment and then answered, "Plethora." As I recall, he kind of grinned when he said it. It wasn't something he'd used before, so it kind of confirmed without a doubt that he was reading.

And now, if my memory is wrong on some of the details, I'm sure someone will correct me. LOL Face

eta: I may have the use of the word wrong... it may have been in a response to a different question, but I remember the grin and him saying it in an interview for sure. Sorry if it's not exactly right. I suffer from C.R.A.F.T. syndrome in my old age. (Can't Remember A Fucking Thing.) Wink

Guest Guest

LOL Jeannie! Loved the C.R.A.F.T. Laughing

The first part of your background is right. We did have a thread to choose a word for him to say during an interview as a signal to us. The trick was that we wanted a word which wasn't THAT easy to put into a phrase during an interview. We are word nerds but teasers like Dave too! LOL Face

During an interview in The Morning Show w/Mike and Juliet, they asked him how was he feeling about his new found fame and he answered "I have a plethora of people behind me right now." It was the cutest thing ever Awww Love

This is a pic caption I made at the time.

Guest Guest
LOL, see... I told you I have C.R.A.F.T. Though I got part of it right anyway. So maybe I'm not as bad as I thought.

Jeannie wrote:
LOL, see... I told you I have C.R.A.F.T. Though I got part of it right anyway. So maybe I'm not as bad as I thought.

LOL flag I think I'm starting to have C.R.A.F.T. symptoms...
So you're not alone !!! LOL flag

Oh, but you all forgot the best part of the "plethora" story - the best part is how we totally TRICKED David into saying it! The thread, back on the AI board of course, was titled, "Did you hear what Raine Maida said about David?" That was to make SURE that David would open that thread. Then the OP said something like, "Hi, David. Now that we have your attention..." and asked him to say plethora in an interview.

We should find and post that interview in here, because he was so darn cute when he said "plethora." You could totally see him trying to hide a smirk. I bet he thought the way we tricked him was hilarious!

Guest Guest
Oh, but you all forgot the best part of the "plethora" story - the best part is how we totally TRICKED David into saying it! The thread, back on the AI board of course, was titled, "Did you hear what Raine Maida said about David?" That was to make SURE that David would open that thread. Then the OP said something like, "Hi, David. Now that we have your attention..." and asked him to say plethora in an interview.

We should find and post that interview in here, because he was so darn cute when he said "plethora." You could totally see him trying to hide a smirk. I bet he thought the way we tricked him was hilarious!

OMG I totally forgot about that part lol. He definitely smirked when he used the word in that interview. It was too cute!

I found this:

Quote :

David Cook - The Morning Show with Mike and Juliet
May 28, 2008

Length: 1 hour

Sharebee.com Links [re-uploaded October 14, 2008
Part 1 - Interview
Part 2 - Performance

And I found this screencap...

Guest Guest

Stacy!!! I had forgotten about the title of the thread too LOL Face It was hilarious!!!

Here's a link to a vid. Unfortunately, embedding has been disabled.

Hi Very Happy This is my first time in this thread and i have to say great stories.

Happy Birthday Faith!

Made wrote:
Stacy!!! I had forgotten about the title of the thread too LOL Face It was hilarious!!!

Here's a link to a vid. Unfortunately, embedding has been disabled.

OK, this is bringing back so many memories. I love this thread. But....I seem to remember right around the same time that we had the Plethora thread that David did another interview, with a guy and he asked David what his favorite word was, and David said plethora. Now I also suffer from C.R.A.F.T. most of the time, but I swear I remember this. Does anyone else remember this? Maybe it was TV Guide interview, or something like that? Anyone?

Guest Guest

I can't remember that, Viv, but if it is as you say, it's way cool!!! Now I'll have to sift through a gazillion vids to find this LOL Face

Guest Guest

Well done, Viv!!! I'm Not Worthy! You definitely don't suffer from CRAFT!

Ahh! Plethora! Our old signal! AWWWWWW
And thanks everyone for all the "Happy Birthdays!" Very Happy
Which leads me to one of the reasons I love this thread and the memories that come with it...
We really are a family, aren't we guys? Promise we'll stay that way? Even though I think I already know the answer to that.

Smile

I love you ALL!

Awww, another birthday. Happy birthday faithingravity. I hope it was a happy one.

Guest Guest
Group Hug2

just because...

I forgot that he used "plethora" TWICE right after we asked him too. Gotta love him.

Oh...yeah. I'd forgotten about that, too!

@Gwen4791 wrote:
I forgot that he used "plethora" TWICE right after we asked him too. Gotta love him.

Oh...yeah. I'd forgotten about that, too!

^the kitty in your siggy is too cute!!!!

Oh my goodness, I read the first few pages of this thread and I cried. So many great memories with all you wonderful people. I love you all!!!!!

I'm on page 4 of this thread and all I can say is God I miss those days when he was on Idol sometimes. I'm glad he's not on there anymore cause the stress was un real. Not just for him but for me. lol. But reading this thread is bringing back some amazingly wonderful memories. I'm getting all verclempt.

I just finished page 8 and there is a story about coach frank. I can't believe I missed that one but I did. Can someone please explain the coach frank story. There was a link to the original page but it is no longer good. Does anyone have the original story. From what I can glean, it seriously sounds like David or one of his cohorts was messing with us, but I would love to hear the story. Anyone?

omg, Coach Frank!

Okay, there was a thread someone started, way back, must have been top 12 maybe top 11, called, "DAVID COOK IS NOT SINGLE!" And the OP said, "He's dating me. Wink " So I replied something like, "Well, if he's dating you then he must be cheating 'cause he's right here with me." And we had a bunch of back and forth, will him being in our laps, beds, etc. I said he can't be with you because he's tied to my bed. And someone said, then what's your bed doing in my room? omg it was so funny and witty and naughty and trying to retell it here does not do it justice.

Anyway, when we were right in the middle of it this strange message shows up from CoachFrank saying "David I don't know if you remember me but I was your grade-school friend ___'s dad and we're all rooting for you and here's my phone number." We were all being very naughty girls and having a lot of fun and were like Shocked and it made no sense at all in that thread so we just totally ignored it for a couple pages and just kept stealing David back and forth.

Then someone was all, "um, did you guys notice that guy Coach Frank posting a few pages back?" And we were all "yeah what was with that? What was that guy doing in this thread?" And the possibilities were a) Coach Frank was a dirty old man and was getting his jollies reading that thread, b) he wanted David to read his message and thought that thread was the one David would be most likely to read, or c) there is no Coach Frank, he was made up by someone who knows David to fuck with us, see if we'd stop being naughty when we realized people who know David read the forums.

Answer c seems by far the most likely in hindsight, though I don't think we even thought of that possible explanation until much later. And if that's the case, we failed the test BIG TIME! ROFLOL So, the David Cook is not single / Coach Frank story was the first naughty Word Nerds thread. And we were BUSTED! Laughing hystericall

I STILL want to know who "coach frank" was! I wish someone had tried that phone number to see what that number actually was. I suspect it could be Andrew. Or Andy or Neal. Someday we will solve the coach frank mystery!

omg, Coach Frank!

Okay, there was a thread someone started, way back, must have been top 12 maybe top 11, called, "DAVID COOK IS NOT SINGLE!" And the OP said, "He's dating me. Wink " So I replied something like, "Well, if he's dating you then he must be cheating 'cause he's right here with me." And we had a bunch of back and forth, will him being in our laps, beds, etc. I said he can't be with you because he's tied to my bed. And someone said, then what's your bed doing in my room? omg it was so funny and witty and naughty and trying to retell it here does not do it justice.

Anyway, when we were right in the middle of it this strange message shows up from CoachFrank saying "David I don't know if you remember me but I was your grade-school friend ___'s dad and we're all rooting for you and here's my phone number." We were all being very naughty girls and having a lot of fun and were like Shocked and it made no sense at all in that thread so we just totally ignored it for a couple pages and just kept stealing David back and forth.

Then someone was all, "um, did you guys notice that guy Coach Frank posting a few pages back?" And we were all "yeah what was with that? What was that guy doing in this thread?" And the possibilities were a) Coach Frank was a dirty old man and was getting his jollies reading that thread, b) he wanted David to read his message and thought that thread was the one David would be most likely to read, or c) there is no Coach Frank, he was made up by someone who knows David to fuck with us, see if we'd stop being naughty when we realized people who know David read the forums.

Answer c seems by far the most likely in hindsight, though I don't think we even thought of that possible explanation until much later. And if that's the case, we failed the test BIG TIME! ROFLOL So, the David Cook is not single / Coach Frank story was the first naughty Word Nerds thread. And we were BUSTED! Laughing hystericall

I STILL want to know who "coach frank" was! I wish someone had tried that phone number to see what that number actually was. I suspect it could be Andrew. Or Andy or Neal. Someday we will solve the coach frank mystery!

OMG! I remember that thread. It really was hilarious. I don't remember the coach frank post, but sometimes a strange post would pop up somewhere and I would just ignore it, so that must have been one of them. Did anyone try to call the number?

I don't think anyone tried the number. It was probably to like a store with a funny name or some other practical joke number, so I really wish someone had. And now all the good AI threads are gone. Crying non-stop

They even deleted the world-renowned "David Cook is so hot, ___ (fill in the blank)" thread. That was a fucking masterpiece of wit. To this day, I still can't believe Andrew gave props to that thread on that fox KC interview a year ago. All they did is ask if he reads any forums and he not only admits he read the AI forum but brought up that thread by name to call it hilarious. It's a year and a half later and I'm still so proud of that silly thread and all the Word Nerds who contributed to cracking up everybody. But anyway, that thread started around the same time as the later-dubbed Coach Frank thread.

Guest Guest

Some other classic threads on the old AI forums....

"Is this the week that David Cook gets off" I always felt bad for the poor guy who posted that thread lol. He meant was this the week David would be eliminated. But of course being a bunch of word nerds we twisted the thread to be naughty.

Then there was the infamous "describe David's instrument in one word" thread. That's the one that got me sent to banned camp for the first time. I swear all I posted was the word MOVING. Steve slapped me on the wrist for discussing David's penis on the forum. I was like OMG Steve get your mind out of the gutter. I meant that his voice was emotionally moving We are ALL Innocent

In closing I'd just like to say David if you are reading.....Rock on, With love from the Word Nerds!

Aw, Barb, the dog tags! Awww Love

IIRC, the awesome "Is this the week David Cook gets off" thread was normal for pages until finally someone couldn't resist and turned it naughty by asking, "Why do you ask? Has he been having trouble with that?" Laughing

And then of course, there's the origin of the "FANBASE!" Someone posted in the GD asking where the supposed fanbase of David Cooks was (I guess because almost all of us hung out in the DC folder not the GD) and people started posting that it's actually very large, and growing fast and... that's why we call his, um, biggest asset, his fanbase!

justforme wrote:
Some other classic threads on the old AI forums....
Then there was the infamous "describe David's instrument in one word" thread. That's the one that got me sent to banned camp for the first time. I swear all I posted was the word MOVING. Steve slapped me on the wrist for discussing David's penis on the forum. I was like OMG Steve get your mind out of the gutter. I meant that his voice was emotionally moving We are ALL Innocent

This was the thread that earned me an uber ban. scratch I had only been banned one other time a few years ago so I don't understand why I wasn't just banned normally. I truly meant that David's voice was thick & delicious like a yummy milkshake. We are ALL Innocent

Guest Guest

^^^ Annette, you naughty thing! Laughing

In those days at AI, you got banned for almost anything, very annoying mods there! Not like here where we're all so nice LOL Face

Awww the memories of those threads Awww Love One thing is for sure, the same censorship we had over there made our threads more smart and teasing and innuendo-y. We could say any word and our minds went to the gutter (and seems Steve's too ROFLOL )

Stacy, the use of fanbase was and still is hilarious! It fits perfectly what we refer to, you know, the large, growing... OK I'll stop...

You know, I actually never got banned from AI! I was always terrified of getting über-banned and losing the old threads I had started that had a long life. So I was a good little girl... for the most part... until we made this Home.
We are ALL Innocent
Razz

Guest Guest

I was trying to be a good girl too but got banned for mentioning this HOME! Well, it was worthwhile Awww Love All the work we put into telling people we were moving here WITHOUT being banned was quite a feat!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.