Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DCcrazy

REMINISCE THREAD...FOR WORD NERDS OLD AND NEW !! PLEASE COME IN

Hi, Made, glad you found this thread! (((made)))

6 months - wow! I can't believe 6 months have gone by!

Someone asked earlier about us matching our avis on AI. I don't think I did all of them but a partial list of avis we all adopted at certain times:

After "Innocent", we all changed our avis to David showing the "give back" on his hand. After his homecoming visit, we all went with one of him on the pitching mound and the Royals game, with the most amazing smile. After he put the flower in his Les Paul for "Dare You to Move" we used the flowered guitar. I'm sure there were a bunch of others - who else remembers?

I remember flying the Analog Heart cover art on my AV after the CD got poofed off Amazon and the rest of the internet.

What a great thread! I agree - hard to believe that six months has already flown by!

damn that is huge. thats amazing though. if he doesnt shed a tear seeing this i dont know what will get him to do that cause if i recieved something like this i definitely would cry. wow i am touched and its not even my book. great job with this book and i just have to say that i truly love the wordnerds.

I've shed so many tears since the 1st time being an official word nerd! This is truly my #1 unforgettable experience, the one I'd cherish for the rest of my life!

Y'all make me feel SO at home.. and may this last for many many years..

I love thee,
above the truth instead of lie
and blessed it be,
this love inside will never die

I love thee,
on bended knee I beg and pray
and blessed it be,
the days ahead for us to stay

LOVE the book, Stacy! You and Monica have done amazing job! LOVE the word nerds!!

Group Hug1

Guest Guest
Wow! It looks like a textbook!! He can study............US !! LOL

Looks great tho!!

Here's the S&S Book to give David Wed night - it's ginormous!

Wow, it's huge Shocked I'm sure he'll appreciate it Very Happy

Guest Guest
That looks wonderful! I'm sure it's something that he will treasure forever.

After all, we know he loves the Word Nerds!

kcbban wrote:
Wow! It looks like a textbook!! He can study............US !! LOL

Looks great tho!!

lol - study hard David, there will be a quiz in Tulsa at the end of the tour. LOL Face

Wow, Stacy! The book looks great!!! I am so excited to hear about his reaction to it....Mucho thanks to you and everyone else who worked so hard on it!!

Guest Guest

Stacy, the book looks gorgeous! Are you getting your first try tomorrow then? WOW, lucky girl! You should just hold it up high enough for him to see and he'll come directly at you! The best of luck Heart

Tell him Made says hi, LOL Face

Awwww. The oh so gorgeous book. Stacy you rock!!!! If that's the book to study, I'll be on my genius self.

Guest Guest

Awesome! I'm so glad it came in just in time. This is so exciting. It's been a long challenging road to get the book together, but there is no doubt that he will cherish every single word in there and every second of time we put into it.

*tears*

I Heart being a Word Nerd.

YEP I think those were all the avi's made...............I would post UNITE THE AVI'S and within like 15 mins we were crashing the mods with moderating requests

Guest Guest
Stacy the book looks fantastic!! I imagine David will shed a tear or two as he goes through it and remembers all the incredible support he got from the word nerds over the last six months.

The united avis were great, I loved them. I remember the collective anger when AH was pulled from Amazon and everyone sporting the AH artwork avi. Does everyone remember how way back in March we were supporting the guy that wasn't supposed to win? We sure know how to pick them don't we!!

Yes we do!!!

*streaks through this thread too*

Guest Guest
Word Nerds have excellent taste. We always knew it, but now it's a proven fact.

Stacy -- Thanks for your work in pulling the S&S book together! It looks great, and I hope you get the chance to personally give it to him on Wednesday. We'll be waiting for the official report from you!

Oh My God

Stacy, the book looks SO amazing. ALL of you ladies who put together the project are incredible. I wanna cry just looking at a picture of it!

I hope that you have a wonderful, wonderful moment presenting this to David. I know I speak for many who CAN'T WAIT to hear all about it!!!

Blessings,
Chrissie

Guest Guest
Bump

I don't come here much but I DEFINITELY remember the Signal & Sentiment thread and the massive project you guys took on. Thank you! That thread meant so much to me throughout this whole journey.
Can't wait to hear what happened Smile
Wow, I hope he loves it.

Guest Guest
I do believe Stacy had vid taken of this. Probably won't be posted till after midnight though.
The book is extremely special to me, for so many different reasons.

Isn't tonight the big night? Isn't tonight's show Stacy's first opportunity to give him the book? Or, am I mistaken...

Guest Guest
She gave it to him. She accomplished mission one!

@MsNomer wrote:
Isn't tonight the big night? Isn't tonight's show Stacy's first opportunity to give him the book? Or, am I mistaken...

Whoa... I need to know the story of that avie missy, haha. That's hilarious!

@Tainda wrote:
*tackles Dawtree*

And I want video!!!

cheers

I know, I'm such a big non-poster these days. Sucky me.

I want video too! I want to see TEARS!!

I miss you dawtree Very Sad You always made me laugh Razz

*cries thinking of davey + book = grins + tears*****

@Tainda wrote:
I miss you dawtree Very Sad You always made me laugh Razz

Yeah you were quite the little devil yourself Razz

Maybe I should go back to posting in like 4 boards at once. Haha, it made my head all spinney.

I wonder if I actually made it into the final copy of the book. I got uber-banned and had my posts deleted so many times that I made it a habit to start PM'ing my posts from the S & S thread to lovincook as I made them, haha!

Hmmmm..... I hope I'm in there.

He's gonna be so overwhelmed by love *warm fuzzies*

@MsNomer wrote:

Whoa... I need to know the story of that avie missy, haha. That's hilarious!

Ha! I wish the story was more interesting. I cropped a photo of him standing next to a fan, holding his hat over his head. Not sure why he's making the face he's making... I just loved it.

huntwork wrote:
She gave it to him. She accomplished mission one!

Seriously? Yeah!!! That's amazing!

I wonder if I actually made it into the final copy of the book. I got uber-banned and had my posts deleted so many times that I made it a habit to start PM'ing my posts from the S & S thread to lovincook as I made them, haha!

Hmmmm..... I hope I'm in there.

He's gonna be so overwhelmed by love *warm fuzzies*

Tainda is still banned Very Sad I have to the use Hermanni the very rare times I go in there now lol

Guest Guest
Oh damn it I forgot about my uber banning. I guess my post in the S&S book was poofed along with the rest. What really gets to me is that I was never uber banned for any of the ummm innuendo I posted lol. I was banned and all my posts wiped out for talking about a charity.

justforme wrote:
Oh damn it I forgot about my uber banning. I guess my post in the S&S book was poofed along with the rest. What really gets to me is that I was never uber banned for any of the ummm innuendo I posted lol. I was banned and all my posts wiped out for talking about a charity.

That's pretty fucked up, yeah. I agree. Can I say that here?

I was never banned for innuendo either. My mouth always got me in trouble Very Sad Oh and posting Ville pics.

Guest Guest
justforme wrote:

That's pretty fucked up, yeah. I agree. Can I say that here?

Yes it is and yes you can.

justforme wrote:
Yes it is and yes you can.

Yeah Dawtree, if we couldn't say that, I would have been banned from here long ago too lol

Guest Guest
JFM, I think that most of those beginning pages were printed out before you were poofed? When did you get banned? You should be in there!!

Hey Dawtree, glad to see ya!!

Guest Guest
I think it was actually after David won that I got uber banned. So maybe my post was printed before that.

Guest Guest
You may be safe. I think they started printing out and transcribing toward the end of the show. Lovin' or Stac could tell you more. But I seriously think you're okay.

Well I finally made it to the end of this thread. Such a plethora of emotions it stirs up! Here is the condensed version of my story. I have yet to write the full version for the "How I became a Word Nerd..." thread:

I joined the AI forums on April 10. Your date joined is right under your username btw...I mostly posted on the General Discussion board, lurked a bit on David's board THEN decided to take the plunge after reading the "Attention Lurkers" post. Very Happy

The first group gift I took part in was the flower shower. I remember thinking "why not. I looooooove David Cook. Sure, I'll send him flowers!" I called that morning of the deadline but the famous Michael was not in yet. So I tried back again after I got home from school that afternoon. Bingo! Michael took my order for 3 red roses. 3 for Top 3 week and red roses just because I love them. Smile Only the best for my Cookie man! Heart After I hung up the phone I could NOT believe what I had just done! Never before had I called and ordered flowers for a man, much less a man I have never even met! EGADS!!! Not even for my ex husband!!! Laughing Watching the show that night I remember how totally excited I was when he came out onstage with the flower in his guitar!!! WooHoo!!Drool SQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!
And ya know what? He had on that outfit that I, and so many other Word Nerds love - jeans and a T shirt!!! I had posted *a few* times just how much I loved seeing him in a T shirt, especially when he was performing with his guitar. Something about those arms and watching those muscles flex when he plays... Drool It's like yet ANOTHER signal! At least I thought it was...And then THE signal! No wonder why that pic was chosen for the back cover!!

Gosh, so many memories here...thanks Stacy, Jody and Monica for filling me in on those stories that happened before I joined - the white belt , the signal story, titles, etc. You guys are amazing!!

The book looks totally AWESOME, FABULOUS, EPIC, GINORMOUS, STELLAR and every other positive adjective that's out there. KUDOS to ladies who put it all together and for everyone who contributed, in one way or another. SmileSmileMagic Rainbow

Now I must go see if that video is posted yet...

I remember on the AI boards when garpods22, ganymede and I (fixesfixed) kept a thread going for so long it was ridiculous...(its still alive actually).
I also remember that we called ourselves the 3 wordnerd stooges.
Then we came up with our wordnerd stooge cookie names. I was smartie cookie stooge.
Ahhh man, good times, good times.

lol oh man great times sheena. i am chocolate chip cookie stooge lol.

yeah i wonder what happened to him. the only guy wordnerd i met on the boards and he disappeared. hmm weird!!!

yeah... I wonder if he still listens to DC and play Xbox.
LOL.
dang funny guy he was.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.