Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DCcrazy

REMINISCE THREAD...FOR WORD NERDS OLD AND NEW !! PLEASE COME IN

lol thats all he did was play xbox and listen to dc until he was gone. ??

yeah... oh my gosh remember when we found out he was a guy? man, that was so great!
oh the good ol' days

I remember all those fun times on the picture threads when me and blackie_magic and the other dirty girls would post dirty innuendos about David (the pictures were all so damn sexy... how could we help it?) and Elliottyummy would get so pissed off at us for being so indecent in "her" thread and she'd flip out and tell us to delete our comments.... and then we started a little revolution and started making OUR OWN picture threads *gasp* and she didn't like that either. All my picture threads would get mysteriously deleted. I got all paranoid and crazy.
Good times.
But not really.
Razz
There's plenty of good memories to balance out the crazies.

and Elliottyummy would get so pissed off at us for being so indecent in "her" thread and she'd flip out and tell us to delete our comments.... and then we started a little revolution and started making OUR OWN picture threads *gasp* and she didn't like that either. All my picture threads would get mysteriously deleted.

I remember that all too well Rolling Eyes

okay, i know im SUPER late becasue these posts were like all the way at the beginning of the thread, but i am litterally sitting at my computer BAWLING because im so stupid and i didnt even KNOW there were the AI forums or .org forEVER. i had loved david since the beginning, but didnt know any of these wonderful places existed. And now im so depressed because i couldnt be part of these beautiful, amazing gifts. i would LOVE to be part of any new "projects" we come up with for david. but its just hard for ME because i cant do any of this ordering stuff because my parents would FLIP OUT! but i think it would be great to send or give david something at the END of the AI tour just to say that we are proud of him and to congratulate him. also, to let him know that even though AI is over, we still support him and we always will.
i would LOVE to be a part of it...........

lol i remember the picture threads all too well and yeah i remember finding out gany was a guy. that was great. also davidcookequalslove all you have to do is look in the tour gifts section and there always new things going on plus we are working on ideas for davids bday already.

I remember all those fun times on the picture threads when me and blackie_magic and the other dirty girls would post dirty innuendos about David (the pictures were all so damn sexy... how could we help it?) and Elliottyummy would get so pissed off at us for being so indecent in "her" thread and she'd flip out and tell us to delete our comments.... and then we started a little revolution and started making OUR OWN picture threads *gasp* and she didn't like that either. All my picture threads would get mysteriously deleted. I got all paranoid and crazy.
Good times.
But not really.
Razz

Oh geez, I remember this... Such high drama! The pics were amazing but your comments (and blackie_magic's) were what made those threads worth reading, dawtreecookie. Hilarious!

Did blackie_magic make it over here?

OK I confess. The only reason why I'm logged in right now is to look at chocoaddict's avi picture. It's frikken hilarious!! I'm afraid to save it because then it will be on my picture slideshow screensaver and then my kids might see it and start copying Davey's goofy antics. Very Happy

pirate

We're making a plethora of new memories here: the idpod threads, the busted threads, etc. etc. Gotta love it!! Yahoo!ROFLOL

oh man I remember when we'd have multiple weekend night parties in separate threads with different hosts and we'd go "party hopping" to other threads. (AI site lol) ahhh man good times.

@MsNomer wrote:
Good times.
But not really.
Razz

Oh geez, I remember this... Such high drama! The pics were amazing but your comments (and blackie_magic's) were what made those threads worth reading, dawtreecookie. Hilarious!

Did blackie_magic make it over here?

Teehee thank you! It was impossible to be good in those threads. Hence the many many trips to banned camp......
I haven't seen blackie anywhere after AI ended Very Sad Or yesiamhooked. Me and her had quite the interesting PM relationship. I got a lot of the more explicit things off my chest through PM'ing, that might have otherwise found their way onto the AI boards and uh, the boards would definitely have imploded... That was the only way I stayed a bit sane over there.

I joined sort of late too. I didn't actually join until around Little Sparrow...
Not that THAT was the song that did it for me or anything, but I just started watching the actual show pretty late in the competition so Little Sparrow was only like the second time I saw him sing on TV. I saw Billie Jean the week before and was impressed to say the least Smile

Guest Guest
Anyone remember the argument about whether his shirt on I believe Neil Diamond week was red or maroon? For some reason that whole issue just cracked me up.

I joined sort of late too. I didn't actually join until around Little Sparrow...
Not that THAT was the song that did it for me or anything, but I just started watching the actual show pretty late in the competition so Little Sparrow was only like the second time I saw him sing on TV. I saw Billie Jean the week before and was impressed to say the least Smile

Actually, I joined the day after the finale. I didn't think it'd be as awesome as it is. I thought it'd be some overrated, lame, celebrity fan group. I don't usually obsess over celebrities. I've obsessed over 2 bands in my life...but never big celebrities or anything.
But he was my definite favorite after Hello.

justforme wrote:
Anyone remember the argument about whether his shirt on I believe Neil Diamond week was red or maroon? For some reason that whole issue just cracked me up.

Haha.... oh god.... That was basically just elliottyummy running around in different threads posting:

"IT WAS MAROON!! MAROON!!! ARE YOU PEOPLE BLIND?!?!?!" like a complete moron. Because we all care about the technical term of his shirt colour.

So I started talking to her in bold, RED letters that day. That was fun... Heh heh heh...

That was around the time when she started losing control of the picture threads. So I guess she thought she could control .... colour? Rolling Eyes

justforme wrote:

Haha.... oh god.... That was basically just elliottyummy running around in different threads posting:

"IT WAS MAROON!! MAROON!!! ARE YOU PEOPLE BLIND?!?!?!" like a complete moron. Because we all care about the technical term of his shirt colour.

So I started talking to her in bold, RED letters that day. That was fun... Heh heh heh...

That was around the time when she started losing control of the picture threads. So I guess she thought she could control .... colour? Rolling Eyes

Ha ha ha... That was evil... Clapping

Don't think so. She's not listed (under that name) on the memberlist.

Alright, I've been sitting here wayyy too long reading these 11 pages.
Until a couple days ago I hadn't been on here in about a month so I definitely missed a lot of things.
Fortunately, I did get on once during the month and was able to have my picture on the cover of the book.
Thank you so much for all your hard work on that by the way.

I've been reading everyone's stories...and I think I'll post mine too.

I've never been a HUGE American Idol fan. Season 6 was the first time I really got into it. I mean, every year I watched some of the auditions...and I always knew the winners of the seaons and stuff...but I never made it a point to watch every week. Season 6 I watched a few audition weeks, but then I would always forget to tune in. Around top 8 week is when I tried my hardest to remember to turn on the TV and watch.
This season was the first time I watched almost all the episodes. There were some I missed, and that's because I can't always be home on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, and I don't have tivo or a dvr or anything.

Anyway, David Cook was instantly one of my favorites. From the beginning, I liked Brooke, Carly, David, David A. and Michael Johns. When Jason Castro sang Hallelujah, he was also one of my favorites. But then, as many of you, when David sang Hello, I was sold. I remember being at school and we'd be talking about American Idol and I'd talk about David Cook and how awesome I think he is and that I just love that stare that he gives during his performances, which I now know as the CFM stare. *shivers*
During the season, I always had more than one favorite (don't hate me for saying that, haha). It wasn't just David Cook, because I also loved a lot of the others. But then, something amazing happened.

Top 3 week. By this time, David was definitely my favorite...but after his performance, my love for him grew even more, and my obsession began. I was on the phone with my friend, Cecelia. About a week before, Cecelia had been to a Switchfoot concert. Both of us are HUGE Switchfoot fans, and this week we were both in the middle of a massive Switchfoot obsession overload. Every time we'd talk to each other we'd talk about Switchfoot and hilarious moments from their podcasts and so on. In the performances before David sang we were of course, talking about Switchfoot the whole time but when David came on the stage I made her be quiet so I could watch his beautiful face stare at me and listen to his beautiful voice sing to me. During the commercial before David's second performance, Cecelia said to me, "Dude. How cool would it be if someone on American Idol sang a Switchfoot song?" I replied, "OMG I know! I've always wanted that to happen!! That would be sooo amazing...you have no idea." We continued with this conversation for a while and said that we'd both scream really loud if that ever happened...and that the person who chose the song would be our hero. But then I said, "Yeah...too bad that's never gonna happen." Cecelia agreed with me, and we moved on with our conversation. And then, I kid you not, 2 minutes later Ryan and David were sitting in the chairs before David's second performance of the night. I wasn't planning on stopping my conversation with Cecelia until David actually got up there to sing...but Ryan said something that caught my attention. I heard something that sounded like "itchfoot". And then I paused. And then I said, "Did he just say Switchfoot??" Cecelia said, "huh?" so then I yelled "DID RYAN JUST SAY DAVID WAS SINGING SWITCHFOOT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?" then we heard David say "you know, I thought the lyrics were really cool...welcome to the planet...everyone's here..." and in the same instant...Cecelia and I screamed. Thankfully no one was in my house except for my little sister. We were still screaming. I just couldn't believe it...and it was like I didn't believe it. Ryan said "singing Dare You To Move..." I was soo excited...and I still couldn't believe it. And then, with his guitar in hand, David started strumming the song that I've listened to so many times...a song by a band that's been my favorite for so many years...a song I know all too well. When he started strumming that song, I finally believed it, and Cecelia and I screamed yet again again. When he started singing I yelled "AHHH! STOP SCREAMING! WE HAVE TO LISTEN!!!!!" and then all throughout the performance we had random bursts of excitement and random screams and random yellings of "OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Once he was done, Cecelia screamed "THAT DUDE IS MY HERO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and I quickly agreed with her. The next two weeks I couldn't stop thinking about how awesome David Cook was. I remember watching the finale and I smiled every time the camera was on David Cook.
And then, something even more amazing happened.

David Cook became the American Idol.
The whole season, I never got on the AI boards because I didn't know how awesome it really was. I usually don't join message boards. The only one I'm really a big part of is my favorite band's message boards. So, unfortunately I missed out on all the squeals of excitement when he'd do the signal or wear certain things or the dog tags. Even though I wasn't on the boards, when David won, this incredible feeling of excitement that I cannot describe came over me. After sharing my excitement over the phone with Cecelia, I went downstairs to get on the computer. I decided I'd look up pictures of David Cook. And oh boy...I think you get what I'm trying to say.

After that, I decided I'd check out the American Idol boards just for the heck of it, and BAM. I was blown away. I read about a lot of things that night. I read about Word Nerd numbers and I read about titles and I read about the dog tags and the flowers and the signal and I thought "Holy crap. This is amazing. This guy really must care about his fans." I wanted in. So, within 2 days I became Melodically Euphoric Word Nerd #2030 and a full fledged obsession began. David wasn't my hero just because he sang a song by one of my favorite bands, there were now so many other reasons.

I couldn't get enough! I began watching videos of his performances on youtube, and watching all the interviews I could, and melting when I saw pictures of him. The same things I know you all have experienced. I was blown away by his charisma and his amazing voice and the way he cares so much about his fans, and everything else about him. I quickly found the signal & sentiments thread and wrote a long letter expressing my love for David Cook. Even though I didn't join until after the finale, I feel like I've been a part of this for more than that. Even though I wasn't, I feel like I was a part of the flowers, and the dog tags, and everything else. All of you guys have just blown me away. You're all so amazing and so nice and I love all of you. I'm so happy to be a part of the Word Nerds and I'm so happy to have discovered the amazing person that is David Cook and I'm so happy I can talk about him with you guys.

I then discovered this forum. The Word Nerd home. I quickly found myself being so unproductive in other areas of my life and getting less sleep than normal because I'd spend countless hours here on the boards. I LOVE YOU GUYS! YOU'RE ALL SO AWESOME!!!!!! We really do have an incredible connection with David. Every day, I'm still blown away by him and all the things he does. He's such an amazing person and all of you know the reasons why. If I listed them all here, it would never end.

I love David Cook.
The end.

lol elliottyummy......no after I told her what I thought she was to never be seen again lol

Okay, after the maroon shirt incident, elliiottyummy responded to our invitation to what was then the "Rocking the Vote" site that she would not be joining our stupid forum. She has kept her word.

Let's not forget to keep in mind our rule to not say anything bad about any member of our forum or others. Smile

Dawtree, I remember well the night you dared to start your own picture thread. It's too bad "someone" apparently reported all your threads and got them deleted, but we are all so glad you did. And your sentiments ARE in the book. I remember as I was formatting each page that Monica put a bunch of them from you in there near the end. Very Happy

We're trying right now to get a youtube video up of David receiving the S&S book.

Question: did you do any editing for the book, or did you pretty much just format the posts from the original thread? I'd like to know if my post made it in, but I don't want to wade through 100+ pages of the original thread. How would I know if it did or didn't?

@MsNomer wrote:
Question: did you do any editing for the book, or did you pretty much just format the posts from the original thread? I'd like to know if my post made it in, but I don't want to wade through 100+ pages of the original thread. How would I know if it did or didn't?

Monica copied and pasted all the sentiments into Word documents, removed only the "bumps" and cleaned out all the "reply" & "quote" type stuff. Then I formatted them all with the username and time stamp in nice slightly cursive white font with a gray background, and each sentiment within a gray outline right below it. Then I went through all 500+ pages and spaced out each sentiment so that there are no name & date at the bottom of a page and the sentiment at the top or the next page, or a name and sentiment together but the signature on the next page type of thing. Not that anyone cares about all the nitty-gritty, lol, I guess I'm just tying to say we didn't "edit" anything, other than to remove the bumps.

So if your sentiment was in the original AI sentiment thread, before 1 week after the finale, it's in the book. If you want to be sure, I can check for you when I finish my crazy follow-DC-all-over-NY&NJ tour on Wednesday. Or Monica can check since she has the pre-formatted sentiments. Smile

WOW, Stacy... what a labor of love! How kind of you to create such a special keepsake for David. No wonder he loved it.

I'm sure I posted in the original thread, long before the finale. Now that I know I'm in the book - yeah! - no need to check, since I mostly remember what I said anyway. Thanks for the offer, though!

And thanks again for all the effort you put into making this happen. I'm glad you got your hug!

Hey you guys... I was on the AI boards a little bit... I am shy on here for some reason... if you knew me in person you would laugh because I am not a shy person at all... anyway I just found this site the other day... I am glad to see all of you AI members here... I recognized a lot of you... I didn't really post much at all on the AI boards... at the beginning my name was trubeliever but DC inspired me to change it... Awww Love ... anyway... I was just hoping someone could post a link to that thread... i think I posted on it like a couple weeks before the deadline... but I am not sure... I was bummed when I saw that it was made and thought I hadn't posted until I read about the deadline and remembered posting in a thread like that... just want to make sure it was this one... I wish i woulda found this site sooner so i could have added more to what I wrote (if I did write it in that thread... scratch ), I woulda loved to have had my picture on it too... but oh well I guess... maybe I'll get the chance to be more involved in one of the other projects... anyway if anyone can help with that link, I'd appreciate it...

Lisa

P.S. Oh how I enjoyed reading through all those picture threads and all the "creptic" innuendos... if I was every upset... it didn't take long to get me laughing once I got onto the boards... Thanx guys!!

P.S.S You guys are truly amazing people!!!

yeah I am wondering if I am there as well since I got banned and my posts went poof

DCStoleMyHeart:

Original S&S thread on A.I. boards and

New S&S thread here in our Home

***ANNOUNCEMENT***
We are going to make a second S&S book! So add your sentiments to the new thread - this will be for the time period of the A.I. tour where the first one was for the A.I. show.

Guest Guest
Stacy, THANK YOU! I missed getting in the first book, but already have my thoughts in the new thread. I'm thrilled to know that a second one is in the works!

A-ha! Found this gem back on page 8. And look - the last subject was the S&S vol. II, just as we wrap that up and move on to the next phase of our relationship with David with "Light On" only 2 days old.

Awww Love

Guest Guest
Page 8??? How can we reminisce if it's on page 8??? LOL

Wow I just read through all of this-and TOML came on the radio. (AFTER I requested Light On-GRRR) Anyway, so many laughs, so many tears. I really wish I would have found you guys sooner. But all of this has made the best summer ever, and the best is yet to come!!

I haven't read thru all the posts on this forum, but just from what I have read, it sounds like you all had good times during the entire season. I wish I had known about this group during the actually show. That's what I get for having an A.I. log in for the official forums and not visiting it during this season. Grrr...But I'm glad I found it now and be a part of this group as David starts a new part of his career as a solo artist, and share all the hoopla and hysteria and excitement that is building everyday as we get closer to Nov 18. You lot rock!

Much Love and Word Nerdiness
~*~Ebony~*~

I just read through this thread too, and it's bringing back some awesome memories!! Haha, I totally remember the gift basket with the "girlie calendars" LOL Face And then of course there were the dog tags, and him wearing one of the flowers on his guitar... *sigh* SO many great memories! Awww Love

And to all the "new" Word Nerds - I wasn't even one of the originals Word Nerds, I joined in April, so there were a few things I missed out on too. Don't feel bad, there will be plenty more good memories to be made, and plenty more good times to be had - remember, David's career is only just starting! Group Hug1

I hope newbies see this as a way to catch up on the Word Nerd history and not feel left out - remember all this was only an early chapter of a bazillion in his career and our relationship with him!

W
Magic Rainbow

Okay, so a totally random memory just popped into my head and this seemed the best place to put it. Does anyone remember the "Do You Prefer David With or Without..." Thread on AI? (Found it and linked it in) The question when you opened it up was do prefer his performances with or without a guitar. But in true Word Nerds go from 0 to naughty in 10 post or less form, people thought the "With of without" question would logically end in "pants." So it became with guitar / without guitar / without pants. And then since no pants were being discussed, we started talking about how how it would be if he did that scene in Risky Business dancing in no pants! And then a month and a half later he freaking DID! Yeah, that was awesome.

Aaah, so many great memories! I miss the AI days! I wonder if my posts ever made it into the first S&S book? I 'd been banned and don't remember if I went back and re-wrote my messages. I tried to look and see right now, but only got to page 38 because all of the scrolling made me dizzy. lol

Guest Guest

Just bumping this up for all our new members.....

Awww Love

Thanks, Kathy! I want everyone to feel like a part of the Word Nerds no matter when they joined and catching up on some history really helps, doesn't it?

Guest Guest
I love this thread.....

Someone needs to add in some new stuff that has happened,too..... **hint, hint** ...not me....LOL

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.