Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Boscoe Jenkins

going back to being the person god wants you to be & wanting to do god's will

hello, I have a few questions & a problem i'm trying to understand. a couple of years ago I used to be this person who was truly happy with being who i was. I wasn't easily manipulated, i someone didn't like me it didn't matter to me. & despite the differences my mother & I have had she taught me to be strong & to take care of myself. my question is how do I get back the positive traits that God gave me? cant I even get them back? & i've been struggling with wanting to the things that God needs me to do. I'm having a major problem with pride to the point where i don't want to pray. that happens often. I'll be fine for a while & then i'm back to having these feelings again. what to do, what to do.

bj,,, i hear u,, lol!,,,its a tuffy ,,wen u lose routine in things it can be real hard 2 claw them bak,, often indifference can disempowa u ,,pride is soo slik ,,has many faces ,,but as we jus simply humble ourselves ,,b4 da lord ,,it gets a spankin ,,i suggest start wiv one thing an get it resetablished in ur life/daily routine,,it will take a few months ,,the hardest part is jus startg ,,,but as u do u will feel betta, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, D,,,, on ur marks,,get set....

Amen, dreamster! Yes, I know what you mean, bj! I believe we all need to go through a similar process. Sometimes I feel like I ma going through massive cleansing process and just as I think I "got it" I see another turn ahead of me :-) It can hurt sometimes, but don't lose courage. Even though it does not look or feel that way sometimes, the Lord IS in control. He is the Author and the Finisher of your faith and your very life and He knows what He is doing :-)
As you spend time with the Lord, learn about how humble He is this pride issue will melt off you like butter on a hot day.

Thanks you guys for the replies it really helps. The hardest part is trying to stay consistant in spending time with the Lord. @ times when I feel that i am getting stronger i tend to drift away from him. which sucks because before i know it I've landed on my face again. smh, Plz keep me in your prayers. & once again i appreciate your help.