Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madwilly

Big Thanks To Dave

Big Thanks To Dave .me and dave met up at ashby folville and had a little talk about life .been docs been smoking for years /basically thay gave me 10 years left .im only 42 .Dave said you should enjoy life and treat yourself so I did I brought myself a brand new bike so its a BIG THANKS DAVE for the advice

" />

derbi mulhacen 659 going to pick her up tomorrow pics to follow .with new exhaust

thumbs to dave

nice one - it may be a cliché but life is too short live it to the full  thumbs thumbs 

Yep! definitely good to have friends, non of us know what life has in store, unfortunately its often to late when we find out  Sad  Hope the prognoses improves and enjoy the new bike. There really is nothing like the excited feeling of picking up a new bike, good advice Dave  thumbs thumbs 

sorry to hear this mate ; take daves advice and live life to the full ' i retired at 52 and dont draw any dole or benefits but ive got a small pension from the coal board ;me livers fu;;ed but im doing me best to recover it and i know i should stop smoking ;just heard tonight a mate had died yesterday and he was as fit as f;;k played cricket at county level same age as me do your best mate and buy an electronic fag ;theyre almost as good as the real thing

just googled your bike and tbh i wouldnt of bought one ;theyre chinese buy a good jap bike or a bmw my mates bought chinese bikes to do green laning and they were well pi;;ed off after the first week utter crap sorry

just googled your bike and tbh i wouldnt of bought one ;theyre chinese  buy a good jap bike or a bmw  my mates bought chinese bikes to do green laning and they were well pi;;ed off after the first week utter crap sorry

where did the Chinese bit come from they where made in spain bye derbi

Named after the tallest mountain in Spain, the Derbi Mulhacén 659 is the largest-displacement motorcycle ever produced by Spain. Built by Minarelli for Yamaha in Italy, the fuel-injected, sohc, four-valve, liquid-cooled Single is a willing mill, producing 47 horsepower at 6250 rpm and 41 foot-pounds of torque at 5500 rpm. The dry-sump engine serves as a stressed member of the tubular-steel frame, the front downtubes of which double as an oil tank. A 43mm Marzocchi inverted fork handles suspension duties up front, while at the rear a link-actuated shock is offset to the right side of the cast-aluminum swingarm. Wheelbase is 54.5 inches.

Weighing a claimed 357 pounds dry, the Mulhacén feels light and accelerates briskly. Naturally, the 659 is best-suited to dancing through the corners of a twisty mountain road, where it is quick and sure-footed. The front brake—a radial-pump Brembo master cylinder mated to a radial-mount four-piston caliper pinching a 320mm stainless-steel rotor—is a good compromise, especially if you plan to ride off-road; but if Nennewitz proceeds as planned to design a road-only version with 17-inch wheels and radial tires, a twin-rotor setup is a must.

nowt wrong with them derbi's good fun bike! I think they use the same engine as the MT-03 ( built in italy ) and if so, are a cracking bit of kit! plenty of poke from a 660 single ( vibrate a bit but its a single after all! )  thumbs 

@fr499y wrote:
nowt wrong with them derbi's good fun bike! I think they use the same engine as the MT-03 ( built in italy ) and if so, are a cracking bit of kit! plenty of poke from a 660 single ( vibrate a bit but its a single after all! )  thumbs 

Been trying to get my daughter into these MT-03's Mat as they only produce 45bhp, get fantastic reviews and are suitable for an A2 licence. Its the same engine as the Derbi pete's getting derived from Yamaha's XT660. A few people at work have had them (XT660) and they really shift!  thumbs thumbs 

same as you could not find a bad write up on it. they use the engine in a few bikes
mt03
mz660
raptor 660
szr 660

picked my bike up today rode it home . only to find the gel battery had exploded while I was riding .the acid has gone every where .bike is being picked up Monday from home .good while it lasted .on the good side the bike won an award from the Motorcycle Design Association (MDA).

@fr499y wrote:

Been trying to get my daughter into these MT-03's Mat as they only produce 45bhp, get fantastic reviews and are suitable for an A2 licence. Its the same engine as the Derbi pete's getting derived from Yamaha's XT660. A few people at work have had them (XT660) and they really shift!  thumbs thumbs 

i'm sure she will love the mt 03 and yes they do shift thumbs 

yup, good for 100mph!! not sure what FI is like on the derbi, but on the MT-03 is a bit meh. Why on earth i didn't buy one when they came out in 2006 ( iirc ) is beyond me. I gotta see one of these derbi's in the flesh they look like a good comination of scrabler/cafe racer.  Laughing 

finally got my bike back today  Sad  no new swing arm .they used wheel silver on it. that's flaking of .breather pipe that was supposed to be replaced .cut and stretched.. well pissed off ..so plan of action do it myself and get them to pay ..and they said there happy to do that ummm ...

saturday swing arm out .tank of redo the breather .and sort out a shot blaster and powder coater  thumbs 

Bit strong that, especially on a new bike  affraid .

Might be worth getting quotes for the work and taking them to the shop and getting the Manager to sign and accept it. Just in case they get a bit awkward over paying for the repairs they should have done   thumbs

Bit strong that, especially on a new bike  affraid .

Might be worth getting quotes for the work and taking them to the shop and getting the Manager to sign and accept it. Just in case they get a bit awkward over paying for the repairs they should have done   thumbs

+1, although I wouldn't do it myself full stop. You really ought to punt it back at them mate.  Smile 

Was it the battery fault or the charging system fault that cause it to go pop? Could be up for a claim from one of them and get some money to fix the paint. I personally wouldn't throw the bike back to them over it but i would at least try and get them or the battery manufacturer to pay for the damage caused ( if it was the batteries fault )

quick update they said the battery had split wear the weld was .and the battery company are paying for everything .so today im tacking the swing arm out and doing it myself and billing them for my time and paint  .just been down j&s Leicester and got my new trousers £169.00  thumbs things are on the up

@madwilly wrote:
quick update they said the battery had split wear the weld was .and the battery company are paying for everything .so today im tacking the swing arm out and doing it myself and billing them for my time and paint  .just been down j&s Leicester and got my new trousers £169.00  thumbs things are on the up

Good news mate. Sounds like they have agreed it's all their fault and are willing to pay for the damage.

Regards your time, make sure the rate is fair and reasonable and in line with other similar charges for that type of work. They can't argue over it then   thumbs

jolly good!! I'm in the middle of trying to suss this flat spot and surging out that the 660's are known for ( think its more down to yamaha's FI being a bit ropey!! )

The XT660 forum has loads on this surging lark thumbs 

Yup a guy in aussy called Kev, he does mods for them to fix the yamaha ropey fueling, which i bet Derbi have down to a tee Smile

@fr499y wrote:
Yup a guy in aussy called Kev, he does mods for them to fix the yamaha ropey fueling, which i bet Derbi have down to a tee Smile

derbi had the same problem until Yamaha got involved took them 20 minutes to find the fault .a one way vavle .so thay cut it out problem sorted
I did here that kevs mod is a good idea dut derbi put a mod mode button on the bike so you can adjust the ignition  thumbs 

wouldn't be the decompression valve would it? i know that has been known to cause them to cut out when slowing down or at lights ( raising the idle slightly stops it )

@fr499y wrote:
wouldn't be the decompression valve would it? i know that has been known to cause them to cut out when slowing down or at lights ( raising the idle slightly stops it )

not sure they wouldn't  not tell me .but im stripping some of the bike sat so ill have a look and see if I can work out what they did  thumbs