Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peter1

Better if ....

HW cars will be nicer if plastic is restricted to a minimum. It seems that the new HW cars of recent years have more plastic than before.

when they use more metal, the cost of production increase
and that time peter will open a thread titled:

better if.... (II)

HW cars will be nicer if price is restricted to a minimum. It seems that the new HW cars of recent years are more pricey than before.

better if ......

no hotwheels .... than we all will be enjoying teh tarik at mamak shop while watching liverpool thrash man u ....... priceless....

than we can save a lot of money

enyomic wrote:
better if ......

no hotwheels .... than we all will be enjoying teh tarik at mamak shop while watching liverpool thrash man u ....... priceless....

2nded

Cost is an issue. But in fact the real problem that zing to my mind now is toy safety. I mean if you arm a kid with a metal car and he/ she throws it at things or people. What would happen?

Plastics are less damaging and doesn't hurt as much as metal landing on ones face!!

enyomic wrote:
better if ......

totally agree, huhu!! but wait, if got no HotWheels, maybe spend money on other toys pulak,

enyomic wrote:
better if ......

PWNED!

i got a simple one

better if......

WE'RE THE BOSS OF MATTEL!*kao tiam*

rikmun wrote:
i got a simple one

better if......

WE'RE THE BOSS OF MATTEL!*kao tiam*

undercoverbrother wrote:
Better if hotwheels made out of paper, so that if i run out of space i can store them flat.

lol!

Quote :
Better if hotwheels made out of paper, so that if i run out of space i can store them flat.

And the only place to buy them is IKEA.....

Peter wrote:
HW cars will be nicer if plastic is restricted to a minimum. It seems that the new HW cars of recent years have more plastic than before.

Armored Truck is an example, the whole body is plastic and only the base is metal. The plastic made the truck looks cheap and not attractive.

Mattel need to control the production cost of each cars. Sometimes they'll give us some bonus, such as VW Fastback. But then they need to produce more Blimps to cover the cost Razz

Peter wrote:
Peter wrote:

Armored Truck is an example, the whole body is plastic and only the base is metal. The plastic made the truck looks cheap and not attractive.

so peter ... in future if u c any plastic body car u can don't buy .... it's ur choice man .....for the rest of us ... keep on hauling

Plastic lovers, sorry I have said something you don't like.

hokuan wrote:
Mattel need to control the production cost of each cars. Sometimes they'll give us some bonus, such as VW Fastback. But then they need to produce more Blimps to cover the cost

There are pros and cons. Cons for metal far outweight pros unfortunately.

Metal Pros

- Durable to abuse

Metal Cons

- Heavy weight (not good for transportation, and toy safety)
- Metal needs to be mined (Not enviromentally friendly)
- Expensive to cast

Plastic Pros

- Very easy to mould
- Cheap to cast
- Lots of base colors without paint
- Lightweight (easy to transport)

Plastic Cons

- Not enviromentally friendly
- Not as durable as metal

Now you know the facts. Makes you think a little the pros and cons. Also all color shifter cars are plastic bodied. Base color is solid non reactive to heat and cold. While reactive paint is applied over. They cannot do that with metal as it is only available in chrome/silver.

Metal Pros

Heavy so not easily blown away by winds
Like most real cars have metal bodies.

Well I'm not a plastic lover, Peter.... But look at it.... if we still want Mattel to be in business selling HW than we have no choice but to accept some cars to be made plastic body.

I feel your concern on certain models especially those from the trackstars are made with plastic body. There is a sound reason for that to lower the centre of gravity.

Cost has been a major factor in manufacturing. Look other brands, most have plastic base or body too and charge more than HW. We are lucky that at least to a certain extend the car's body is quite heavy. I've seen brands with paper thin shells than can be easily crush.

At the end of the day, it boils down to the consumer, buy or not to buy. For the general consumers... they dun care ... for us .. yes ... Metal Please .... I hope Mattel will bring in models that are metal body with metal chassis for sale in Malaysia....

Peter wrote:
Metal Pros

Heavy so not easily blown away by winds
Like most real cars have metal bodies.

oh
real cars have fabric seats and metal chassis...
not plastic interior and and plastic chassis.
i never see a car model that made of plastic being blown by wind
you are the best joker in HWCM

why don't you go create your own company?

Peter wrote:
Wonder some of you here are working for Mattel.

yeah, i work for mattel

Rayz-HWC wrote:
cham2020 wrote:

Dude....got la ...here's the car - metal base, plastic chassis
http://www.southtexasdiecast.com/hwguide/images/2006/2006_024.jpg

alamak
abang rayz.. i mean i never seen a plastic car model can be blown by the wind.lol !
that makes my day..after a tired morning of studying

cham2020 wrote:
.. i mean i never seen a plastic car model can be blown by the wind.lol !
that makes my day..after a tired morning of studying

Can....you just raise the sail and let the mother nature Blow it!!! lol!

Better if some new cars are being released here and there every month. I really do not like the current situation. It is like starving us and then give us a lot of food.

Mass/sec (kg/s) = Velocity (m/s) x Area (m2) x Density (kg/m3)

Haiyaaa..... hw cars are so small, you need 20km/h wind to blow a plastic model away la. Maybe we test using Usain Bolt to runa 9.5 just to see if his 40km/h gust of win can push the plastic ones off or not?

Anyway i still dislike the fact that people buy cars by the weight. If its heavy buy more. If its light buy less. Its not calculation like gold where more cost more. What kind of a thinking is that? Better to stop collecting/ buying Hw cars if you got that kind of idea for toys.

cham2020 wrote:

You're outdated.

They been blowing this all the time..

Spoiler:

Thanks for the best joker. I like jokers bec. they make us laugh and laugh means happy. Only when you are happy, you enjoy collecting the HW cars and this forum.

Better if they do away the new cards, so HW cars can be cheaper, back to RM 4.90 (?).

Actually for me the New Cards make me NOT want to open the car out.. It looks too darn good.

Peter wrote:
Better if they do away the new cards, so HW cars can be cheaper, back to RM 4.90 (?).

so if they do away the new cards, wat u purpose Hotwheels to put? use Plastic Bag?

U see... those Hotwheels card have to print separately, cause it have different name for different model at the right hand side of the card... so. if Hotwheels not print the illustration car on the card (Newest Card) , the cost will actually the same... BTW< new card really rocks... it even can attract those who are not collectors to buy also... ...

SO... if u want to buy at price RM4.90 ... BUY MORE AS U CAN LAH... THE MORE IT PRODUCE AND SUPPLY, THE LOWEST PRICE WE CAN TAKE.....

its like going to a chicken rice shop n saying

'boss, nasi ayam satu(hotwheels). kurang nasi(plastic). ayam kasi lebih(metal). pinggan tak payah mahal mahal, polystyrene cukup(card). garpu & sudu tak payah(card). saya pakai tangan.
harga boleh kurang tak?'

'tak boleh!'

'boss, itu piggan saya kasi cuci kasi lu balik. harga boleh turun tak?'

chee keng hong wrote:
RGSUKAN wrote:
hehehe..

LOL!! RG....Avatar baru!! Itu Ketam masak apa??? Paprik kah??

hehe ketam black pepper...

demonicle wrote:
its like going to a chicken rice shop n saying

'boss, nasi ayam satu(hotwheels). kurang nasi(plastic). ayam kasi lebih(metal). pinggan tak payah mahal mahal, polystyrene cukup(card). garpu & sudu tak payah(card). saya pakai tangan.
harga boleh kurang tak?'

'tak boleh!'

'boss, itu piggan saya kasi cuci kasi lu balik. harga boleh turun tak?'

WAU... SALUTE

The new cards are more expensive to produce, so with the new cards HW has incur higher production cost and therefore, HW has to increase the price to shift the cost to the consumers. This is what business all about. HW thought that with the better looking cards, their cars could sell better. I do not think it is going to work that way bec. people are buying the cars not the beautiful cards.