Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mage lvl8

Anyone know how to make computer faster?

My computer's pretty fast, but when it comes to Pet Society and any other Playfish game, it get supper laggy and slow. Sad when i first got my comp, ps worked fast on IE then after like a year or something it got laggy like every 5 seconds in the game. So i used Firefox and its fast and stuff but after a year or so it turns the same the like with the Internet Explorer. so now i use safari but it takes like 15 minuites to load and the speed in the game is kinda laggy. but if i close the window and come back to ps later, or if i accedently click a link or something i will have to load again and it takes really long as if i didnt load it before.

can someone help? Sad

Oh.. possibly normal because it's getting old! Or you can try to reboot your computer. Or remove all the unnecessary files on your computer. Also, if you have tabs or any other programs on, you could also lag because of that.

unfortunately because we all have more 'stuff' in our chest I think PS it getting slow for us all Sad

I think chrome is the fastest to use for PS...but that is a personal choice. Apart from that clear your cache, and clear the memory that PS is using on your PC....cant remember how to do it off the top of my head, but I'll look into it soon...I know Lucky strike knows how to do it as well Smile

Mage lvl8 wrote:
My computer's pretty fast, but when it comes to Pet Society and any other Playfish game, it get supper laggy and slow. Sad when i first got my comp, ps worked fast on IE then after like a year or something it got laggy like every 5 seconds in the game. So i used Firefox and its fast and stuff but after a year or so it turns the same the like with the Internet Explorer. so now i use safari but it takes like 15 minuites to load and the speed in the game is kinda laggy. but if i close the window and come back to ps later, or if i accedently click a link or something i will have to load again and it takes really long as if i didnt load it before.

can someone help? Sad

I had the exact same problem as you, PS used to work fine for me on IE then got slow so I switched to Firefox which used to be quick but then got slow so then I switched to Google Chrome a few months ago which seems to work really well for me now so I agree with what others have said about it being the best browser to run PS on
Hope you get PS working faster again : )

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

it's an official link of adobe's that in each of anyone will show what's going on in their computer.. Clean the memory from there as well.. Either find playfish or clean in general (it does no harm whatsoever Smile -i do it every now and then along with the history, cache, etc..)

evi12.png

is it only your ps slow or the internet in general?

Lucky Strike wrote:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

it's an official link of adobe's that in each of anyone will show what's going on in their computer.. Clean the memory from there as well.. Either find playfish or clean in general (it does no harm whatsoever Smile -i do it every now and then along with the history, cache, etc..)

evi12.png

is it only your ps slow or the internet in general?

THANKS!! Smile ok i deleted the static playfish thing, but it's also ok to chose delete all sites too? should i do that?

my youtube and watching video stuff is laggy too but when the whole video is done loading, it works fine