Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
poleman1

MOT and your number plat

Took 03 vfr for MOT yesterday and its only failure was the number plate, its original number plate but was a failure as lettering was too small and the plate was fastened on via black bolts , some of which made contact with the lettering, have had to have a new plate made and refitted with yellow bolts same as background of plate. Took her back for re test where another biker was told same ref his plate, so seems they are tightening up ref this, so beware when you take your bikes for MOT , Alan

Or maybe it's the garage that has a gripe about plates.

I used to take me old cortina to a garage back in the day and the tester was known for pulling cars with worn bushes, each garage different

bit harsh that m8, as Tim said the dude might have a thing for number plates.. smack i always bang the big stock dinner plate on when i mot her, will check the screws now though, thumbs

I always keep a spare fully legal plate goes on when you take it in for MOT comes off when Its passed save for next year.

(I do have a private plate on mine so suppose that makes it easier cus I just swap it from bike to bike.)
However for a tenner to keep a legal plate saves a lot of hassle thumbs

i used to have a small plate on the bandit but put the legal one back on for mot,havent bothered getting a small plate for the ace the stock plate looks small on it anyway Laughingthumbs

Best take a look at that-I use wingnuts on my plate Wink I'm due for test next month. Smile

its same place I took her last year so don`t think theres a problem with that, apparently its so numbers not being read wrong by police recognition camera`s and he did say its a new thing just this year, Alan (Its Ben Wilson the BSB riders father), always got on ok with him

must have just been the tester try whereing a short skirt next time you never know fofl

My mate took her bike to be tested last monday it failed on 2 things, front tyre was a little worn and her number plate the letters were the wrong size

im currently on a ntta course learning to become a tester basically, and ive had this about number plates at the moment there is no law on lettering its up to the tester purely because vosa put in place guide lines what old cars with black and white number plates couldnt comply to so they had to remove and revise it and still in the process so basically its down to the tester but if the number plate is readable and to a good size really shouldnt be failing it. thumbs

took me car for test last year and the tester said ;have you got a cat mate i said its got a new one just been fitted no he said youve got paw prints all over the roof Sad

Guest Guest

you need to find a friendly mot'er thumbs got a small plate and stupidly loud zorst.. passes everytime. As long as the important stuff gets checked/passed, then that's all I care about.

NoZ wrote:
you need to find a friendly mot'er thumbs got a small plate and stupidly loud zorst.. passes everytime. As long as the important stuff gets checked/passed, then that's all I care about.
thumbsagree

seems like its the same old thing then, there is a reg but it all boils down to interpretation by the tester

Guest Guest

and if they've got a rod propping them up Laughing