Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cholette

I Just Needed to Share

It's been a hard past couple of months for me. I've had one attack after the other, but God is faithful. I just felt to share this journey with you all here to encourage you that God is in our situations, whether we can see him or not. I will make this as short as possible.

Two months ago, I decided to go on a fast...to get closer to the Lord. The first day of the fast, my father, who pays for my son's college education and housing...decided that he was no longer going to pay. He said this in the middle of the month and never told us that he didn't pay May's rent. I'm unemployed so there was NOTHING I could do about the situation. The apartment complex where my son lived began to request their money. Well after a week of notices, they decided to start eviction process. My son and another roommate ended up in court and the judge told them both to vacate the property within 5 days. I was devastated and so was my son because he's in AZ and I didn't have money to get him back here and he really didn't want to come back here. He had been searching for a job, and at that point to no avail.

He found a guy that was renting out a room in a house. He knew the guy from school, so I told my son to move in. The guy didn't want any money for the summer...he said to just move in until he could get the lease and the amount ready. So he had a place to stay throughout the summer.

To make a long story short, this journey was hard because my son has stepped away from God because of disappointments in his life and not really seeing God move the way I have professed that he was going to move in our lives over the years. I can take it, but it was too much for him. So he panicked through this whole process, which weighed on me and kept me on my face before the Lord. One thing after the other...family falling apart due to strife over this situation...constant gossipping about me and my son through out the family...my body coming under attack, out of the blue...bills and more bills piling up with no site of the end. Yes, it's been pure hell. And even through all of this, God was silent. No instructions, no direction...NOTHING!

This past Thursday, my son needed $1000 to move into this house. I had no clue where it was coming from AT ALL!! I was peaceful inside. When my flesh wanted to panic, my spirit man got in controll. Even through the horrible texts I was receiving from my son, due to his panic, God gave me a peace that is inexplainable. So yesterday, my son did what I told him to do two months ago and email his grandfather (my dad). Apparently the words I told him to use, he remembered and yesterday, the Lord "unsoftened" my fathers heart and wired the money to my son for his move in. Not just that, but he also got a job working at a gym (a dream job for him) making pretty good money.

I laid back in awe of the Lord. It's a strange awe because I wasn't surprised or shocked that he came through because inside of me I always knew he would, but when you don't know how and when...THATS when things get a little crazy. I stand back in awe because God is like "the cool dude". Nothing ruffles his feathers. He sees us going through and realizes that we will come out of this better than we were when we went in. I've always asked God to REDEFINE himself to me. Sometimes I tell him who He is during my worship, but I lose that essence of Him when you don't see it in your life during those winter seasons. The Lord is good and faithful. There is so much more to see him do in my life, but even after not having an income, I have NOT missed a step. God has placed precious people in my life who have sown into my life...the money just flows. He's a gracious and loving God.

PS...the other miracle is...God didn't allow my son to get evicted from the apartment he was living in. It was considered a "move out", but his other roommate was evicted. Had it been an eviction for my son, it would have been an eviction for me because I was on the lease too. WOW!!!!! A merciful God!!!!

Cholette,

Now that is just how he works, taking what was meant for evil and turning it for our good. Awesome testimony.

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Amen Connie! Thanks for sharing your story of God's grace and mercy.
Joy

Praise God, Cholette!!!

What a great 'witness experience' for your son!! Did he see the Lord's hand in all this?

Am continuing to pray for you and your family!

GIRL I JUST RAN OUT OF THE ROOM DUE TO THE FIRE THAT WAS BEHIND ME!!! GOD IS SO AWESOME! HE SAID THAT WE WILL NEVER BE DISAPPOINTED AND THAT WE WILL BE FULLY SATISFIED! GOD BLESSES THOSE WHO ARE FAITHFUL!!

WHAT AN AWESOME TESTIMONY CHOLETTE! THANKS FOR POSTING!
AFTER READING THIS, ONE SCRIPTURE JUST RINGS IN MY HEART FOR YOU:

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze."-Isaiah 43:2

Nomatter what happens, God is always with you!! HALELULIA!

Thank you everyone!!!!!

Desi...THAT is my scripture for the season...I've been quoting it for several months now. HALLELUJAH!!

YAY!! That is awesome. Thanks for sharing Cholette.

God is good AAAALL the time!

PS...the other miracle is...God didn't allow my son to get evicted from the apartment he was living in. It was considered a "move out", but his other roommate was evicted. Had it been an eviction for my son, it would have been an eviction for me because I was on the lease too. WOW!!!!! A merciful God!!!!

This part is THE MOST AWESOME for me. It's called FAVOR! To have two people in the exact same situation and for the ONE with GOD'S favor to get a different result, while in the exact same situation.........

SCORE ONE FOR THE HOME TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!

Praise GOD!

big sis, thank u 4 being real with us about ur walk with God, the pain, the joy and the glory. You tell us all the gritty details with great honesty and it does build and encourage the coming behind u sisters such as myself.
Dear woman of God, keep up the good work and the realness!!!
I do love u!!

I agree with princessdelia Chollette, (except that you are still ababy girl and I am more than a decade your seniour) nevertheless the rest is all the same...you are faithful to be transparently honest -which opens a window up to others that touches the heart and draws us closer. I can so relate to the ugliness that is thrown at us when we continually regroup every morning to walk, one step and at time in God glorious Spirit....I am in the fire now...and while I am in the fire someone is throwing darts at me. I am holding tight to my Lord and Saviour and trust He WILL take me WHERE HE WANTS ME TO GO......this is just for a season. God Bless and thank you for the encouragement.