Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jezza

crap day

On the way home tonight I hit a dog while driving my car, the poor animal shot from between park cars and I ran straight over it.
I immediately stopped the car and got out to check the animal, to which I could tell straight away it was not going to survive so I quickly banged on various doors to find the owner as the dog had no coller on.
After about a minute the owner came walking around the corner , she'd been walking it in a field behind the houses and it ran off .
obviously she was upset so I scooped the dog up , wrapped it up in my coat from the back of the car and rushed the dog and her to the vet , the dog died on the way to the vet but still took her there for confirmation.
Afterwards I dropped her and the dog back home and reported the incident to the police for their records.
At this moment I feel like shite and could seriously do with a pint.

Really feel for you! Sad  take heart in the fact there was nothing you could have done and you did everything after the event that you possibly could, good on you for that Jezza thumbs  thumbs  I know you will still feel like shit but a lot of people would show no empathy for a dog and would be more concerned about any damage to their own vehicle, says a lot about you mate! thumbs 
All the best mate, hope you feel better soon! thumbs  thumbs 

ahh man, sad news, and sorry you had to go through that mate!! not your fault thou so dont kick yourself!

Really feel for you! Sad  take heart in the fact there was nothing you could have done and you did everything after the event that you possibly could, good on you for that Jezza  thumbs  thumbs  I know you will still feel like shit but a lot of people would show no empathy for a dog and would be more concerned about any damage to their own vehicle, says a lot about you mate! thumbs 
  All the best mate, hope you feel better soon! thumbs  thumbs 

Got to agree, all credit to you Jezza for what help you offered. You did all you could and a lot more than most thumbs thumbs 

As above jezza as crap as ya feel you did more than most would

says a lot about someone in my book,chin up mate
thumbs 

I agree with all the above plus the dog wasn't on a lead either - you did all you could m8 thumbs 

don't fret m8 if anyones to blame it the dogs owner for not training the dog to come to heel, boils my piss when people let there pets run amok.

Echo all the above mate. You did what you could, probably more than most would have. Credit to you for that thumbs 

Spoke to the owner afterwards as she lives close by and she does not blame me one bit.
I mentioned the accident to sadie when I got home and it seems the same dog got into our rear garden last year through bars in the metal gate (it was a little yorkie) and the owner yet again had lost it while walking it in the field behind our house .

Cheers chaps !

if you know your dog has the tendency to wander off when not on the lead, keep it on a lead!!

You feel like shite because you had a heart. It's tough especially coz you met the owner and tried to save it's life. If it will make you feel better this ( me ) human being is of a lower form. In my home country I ran over an antelope. Whilst inspecting the damage to the vehicle, my compardres lugged the thing on the back of the pick up truck without my knowledge. It ended up on the roasting pit of the town we were gonna stop for the night.