Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

Sony Music is taking the fun out of youtube

I am so angry right now. Everything I click on gives a message that says I can't watch something here becuase it's owned by Sony Music and they won't let it be played in Germany. I think they are just over the top with this and it's aggravating the beejeebers out of me.

I'm getting really upset. They claim to own everything. But, when Chris de Burgh's production company puts out a new video on You Tube and it's blocked by Sony, I reach the point where I want to say that their, so called, copyright proection here is completely over the top. Sad

Youtube used to be fun to go to, but anymore they won't let people watch anything here. I tried to watch the film 'Summer of my German Soldier', which is impossible to get anywhere, and I get this same crummy message. I now am to the point of telling Sven to get a job somewhere else where we can at least watch something on You Tube.

how come sony wont allow anything to be shown in Germany?

Seems over the top to me!

It's the stringent copyright rules. I can't watch anything, not even the videos you post to the side of the forum. They won't let people watch anything. It's really gotten out of hand. I have been a due paying member of GEMA (the musician's union here) for the last 10 years and understand the rights of musicians and such, but when they prevent an artist from putting their own stuff out on youtube to get people to listen to it, then I think they are shooting themselves (and the artists) in the foot.

If no one can listen, then no one is going to buy the music. It's really plain and simple...but they don't seem to grasp that at all, and I wish to God that someone with half a brain would explain it to them. Mad

Guest Guest

i know! i hate sony for this right now... i can't even watch it in USA. ... Mad

you would think that sony would not put copy rights on anything or block anything.... see... there is the "OVAL" office people, who sit at a desk and make decisions that affect us all and they have no clue what it feels like to enjoy watching you tube vid's and then BAM have them be takin away from.... I really rreally dislike CEO's MANAGERS blah blah blah....they have NO CLUE as to make decisions...ok..i'm blabbin...sorry

I know a web that lets you watch youtube's blocked videos, tell me if you're interested, and ill send you a message with the name, cuz it has a word I rather not say here Laughing

how come? Here we only can't see videos that are now OUT of youtube because they are actually breaking copyrights.. there is no blocked video...

And down they are only a couple fan videos, parts of a film or a film that's new or really old and they want to sell it with dvd's... I don't get it... why all this???
and why sony??

That's what it says on the 'blocked video feed'. There may be other companies that do this, but what really irked me is Chris de Burgh's production company is called 'Ferryman Productions'. He may have worked with sony earlier in his career, but he now produces his music and his official facebook page posted a video that I can't even watch because Sony Music professes to own the copyright to it. The lady who runs his official site (I know her personally), actually has to look into this so that people in Germany can watch the videos that he posted to his fan page.

It's a royal pain and very offputting.

Two days ago in German tv, they were actually talking about the best way to surf the web away from home. I laughed out loud when someone said something about running Youtube videos from an iPad. I was like 'what's the point to that, all the good stuff is blocked'. Youtube is no fun.

Hmm.. If sony has the original copyrights she can do anything.. And she probably does out of spite for the artist...

And yeah.. the iPad thing is silly.. Laughing

Funny bit is I just bought a new laptop, which they claim is really bad for surfing the web away from home, but I use it for my writing too. DUH!

I would have to see if some of Chris' old CDs are released by Sony because I really don't know. But, just because they own the copyrights to some of his stuff doesn't mean they own it all.

With my songs, I have to sign a contract for each and every song that is registered at the musician's union. If there is no registration on it, then there is no copyright. No one owns the individual songs unless I sign a contract on them. I know this because I have contracts for about 23 songs in a notebook here.

that is true BUT if you're not carefull you may do a mistake you regrett and by owned by the company.. It depends on what and how was the contract you wrote.. if he sogned the music vids IN GENERAL it can also go to future sons regardless of him now being elsewhere..

and.. I didn't knew you had a singing carrer!!! congratulations

i just did!! Oh i had completelly forgotten this comp

you have a good voice!!! and i think you were the only entry Laughing

i like it!!!!!

Is Sony Music SME? I wanted to listen to some songs from the user columbiadeustchland on Youtube. And I keep getting SME copyright. I have to say they are the same as the cable I use for TV. THE WORST!! MadMadMad