Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
realiTVlover

Let's show some love for RYAN STAR!

He's DWEEB's opening act on the Declaration Tour, and I'm checking out his music and loving it! "Last Train Home" and "Right Now" that EVERYONE should buy. "Last Train Home" in particular is a brilliant song and his vocals are beautiful.

He has a website: http://www.rstar.net/ with blogs from the tour already and everything!

For those who don't know who he is, he was a contestant on another singing reality TV show: Rockstar Supernova and he got really far in the competition but this guy I couldn't stand won.

Anyway, there are lots of videos on youtube and I'll try to get some up later, including some of his performances on this tour.

So this is the thread to share our new-found appreciation for Ryan Star thanks to David having him on his tour!

Oh wow, a thread for Ryan! cheers
I love him. At first I was worried he'd suck and I'd be completely bored. LOL. But I think he's a great performer, and funny as hell! And just a cool guy to talk to.

Also, I loooooove Breathe! I get chills when he sings it. So, so pretty. And Back of Your Car is a hot song. Especially when he rubs his guitar against the micstand. Shocked

Jenna, I have an mp3 of Breathe that I converted from a live radio performance he did. If you want it, let me know. Great I'm pretty sure he said Breathe would be a track on his upcoming album. I can't wait! That song is gorgeous. Heart

He had a previous band? Is their music up on iTunes, or do you know where I can find it?

Yes... and its friggen KICK ASS!!! I know the band "Stage" has had many albums, but I can only find one so far. It's on iTunes.
I'm hunting to find more of the albums though!

I LOVE Mr. Ryan Star SexyPants!!!! Thud!

I'm trying my hardest to be able to make it his shows in Houston and Dallas on September 1 & 2.
And MAYBE St. Louis on August 10! Please!

I've been so blessed to hang out with him a couple of times and he is AMAZING! Just very sweet and genuine. I will miss him DEARLY on the Declaration Tour (or whatever the crap Dave's calling it now.), but I was lucky enough to tell him that that night was not the last he was gonna be seeing of me. Awww Love

I LOVE Mr. Ryan Star SexyPants!!!! Thud! (Yes he knows about that nickname and yes he loves it. Wink )

I'm trying my hardest to be able to make it his shows in Houston and Dallas on September 1 & 2. And MAYBE St. Louis on August 10! Please!

I've been so blessed to hang out with him a couple of times and he is AMAZING! Just very sweet and genuine. I will miss him DEARLY on the Declaration Tour (or whatever the crap Dave's calling it now.), but I was lucky enough to tell him that that night was not the last he was gonna be seeing of me. Awww Love

Hey, Ashley, I just bought my ticket to his STL show...hope to see you there!!!

Christine

Dang it!!! I was thinking that you would go; that's why I wanted to do St. Louis, but I can't make it. Crying non-stop

BUT I'm going to Dallas on September 2nd, so at least I get to see that one. Great

Guest Guest
If you aren't on Ryan's email list, here's a heads up for you:

Quote :
Hey,

I'm back from a two-day excursion to Alaska. "Into The Wild" inspired - I had an amazing life cleansing journey. Ready to jump right back in I wanted to say hi to everyone. I'm gonna host a live web video chat Thursday night at 10pm EST.

Come see me in full form at RStar.net.

Let's catch up.

No questions are off limits.

See you there.

-R

So anyone who would like to join in, you can chat live with Ryan tonight.

Dang it!!! I was thinking that you would go; that's why I wanted to do St. Louis, but I can't make it. Crying non-stop

BUT I'm going to Dallas on September 2nd, so at least I get to see that one. Great

Bummer...I was hoping to see you. Ahhh, well, I'm sure that we will meet up again somewhere on our David Cook/Ryan Star travels!!!!!

I want to see him when he comes here in August but I might not be able to make it. Crying non-stop

Ryan is on Twitter too if you're not aware. He "tweets" often!

He has some tour dates lined up, opening for Collective Soul - they're awesome!! To me that's a double bill!!

Don't think I'll be able to go to any though Crying non-stop

Guest Guest
I'm going to Ryan's show (with Collective Soul and Safetysuit) on Thursday night -- it should be an awesome show! Do you think Ryan would be on first in that lineup? I'm trying to figure out when to get there, etc.

I miss Ryan. Crying I want to see one of his shows, but he's not coming anywhere near me right now. Hopefully one day. *fingers crossed*

Guest Guest
About the show...it was kind of a bummer at first! The doors were supposed to open at 6, and the show was supposed to start at 6:30. Well we showed up at 6:10 and there were two lines, neither of each was terribly long, and we stood there and stood there and stood there. Suddenly someone opened a side access door, and I could hear music and I was like, "That's Ryan! We're missing Ryan's performance!" So we finally got in at about 6:50, and apparently Ryan had indeed started at 6:30. So I heard "Last Train Home" and one other song I wasn't familiar with, and then his set was done.

I had told my friend Cathy on the way there that I was really going to see Ryan and she had really been having a bad day (okay, a bad year), so I said let's just see how things are going, and if Safetysuit isn't good, we'll take off. So we did listen to about three songs of Safetysuit's set, and I actually really enjoyed them. OMG, they are seriously energetic...apparently they are much younger than I am. And they have really great songs, but the lead singer was drowned out by the band a lot, in my opinion. So we decided to get out of there for a while.

We went out to a super fancy schmancy bar/restaurant for a while and drank some very expensive wine (which was delicious, by the way, and much better than the swill they were selling at 1st Ave) and had a lovely cheese plate, much of which I managed to drop on the floor. (Cathy suggested that I eat the cheese anyway, as the floor was probably the most clean, pristine floor ever, but I declined.) It was nice to have some time to sit and chat and talk through some things.

We headed out of there, and actually Collective Soul was still performing, so we went back to First Ave. and enjoyed TWIK and a couple of other songs that I recognized, but I didn't know were by Collective Soul. We also heard several songs that I did not recognize, but for my money, I thought both Ryan and Safetysuit were better than Collective Soul.

After the show, Ryan was over by his table so I told him I was bummed that we didn't get to hear most of his set, and he had no idea! I think that when he was performing he was wondering where all the people were, when in fact we were all still standing out on the sidewalk. Cathy and I chatted with him a while and I told him how much I have enjoyed seeing him and listening to him, and he is SO sweet! Earlier the lead singer for Safetysuit had said, "We know you're all really here to see Collective Soul," so I told Ryan that wasn't true...that we had come strictly to see him and hear him perform, and he really appreciated that. I'm so glad I stuck around to see him and chat with him.

Anyway, it was a super great evening, even though I would have preferred a lot more Ryan Star. I hope he comes to Minneapolis again soon.

That's too bad that you missed most of his set! That's such a bummer! Very Sad
But atleast you heard a couple songs Very Happy

And just because I'm nosey... what was the super fancy restaurant you went to?

Guest Guest
We went to Cosmos, but we just sat in the bar. Have you been there? It's great, and it's right by First Ave, so we were able to duck out for a while and get back in time for Collective Soul.

I might go see him Thursday...must convince mom...but after seing him with David the first time thats why she came with me again. She likes Ryan more that David haha

Guest Guest

Go and have a great time! (And then come back and tell us all about it. Please! )

Guest Guest

I'm so excited... we're going to see Ryan live Saturday night when he headlines at the Grog Shop in Cleveland! Yahoo!

It's been way too long since I've had a Ryan Star fix... and I'm thrilled that this is one of his headliner shows, so we'll get a good long set from him!

Guest Guest
We'll be waiting for details, Jeannie! Have fun!

Guest Guest
Have fun, Ashley! Where are you seeing him?

I live in New York City. Ryan Star lives in New York City. You would think I'd be able to see a Ryan Star show. But Ryan keeps skipping blithely over our city on his way between CT and VA or wherever.
Tantrum

Guest Guest
Wow, that sucks Stacy. But I'm glad he's showing Ohio some love this weekend, I must admit.

That sucks, Stacy. Very Sad

I'm still bummed I didn't go to his MN show. Like super bummed. Oh well, maybe he'll come around again and this time be the headliner (maybe after his FULL damn album comes out!)

Guest Guest
The Grog Shop website has in their bio of Ryan that the new album drops September 15th. That's the first I've seen a date!

Guest Guest
Yay for the new album! That's so exciting.

Jenna, the First Ave. show was an 18+ show anyway. What a bummer! I did see one boy there who was younger and was accompanied by (I assume) his parents. He seemed to really enjoy it.

Guest Guest
That's what the bio said... so I hope it's right!

Can't wait to see him headlining Saturday night... it's going to be a late one. The show doesn't start until ten, and there are two or three openers before him. I'm thinking he's not going to even get on the stage until around midnight.

Aww, I wish I was going to a a headliner show. Very Sad But oh well. I'm so happy just to see him again!!! cheersYahoo!WooHoo!!

Hope you have a great time tonight, Jeannie! Be sure to come back and tell us all about it! Flower Bouquet

Ryan's show at the Grog Shop was epic. Amazing set list, pretty enthusiastic crowd even though there were maybe 100 people max, and classic Ryan antics.

There were three openers Saturday night that ranged from ok to lord get them off the stage now--inspiring some of Ryan's tweets from the night. The crowd was pretty chill--Artie, Dan and Kris were wandering around from the bar to backstage to the side stage where the gear was like it was nothing the whole night.

Ryan took the stage with the band and played the newer songs off the EP managing to chip his incisor during an "I'm going to sink to the floor and sing with the mic too close to my mouth" incident. This prompted an impromtu song about breaking his 'fang' which was a bummer since 'Twilight 2' is coming out. I think this was followed up with Psycho Suidical Girl.

Then it was time for his acoustic part of the set. We got to hear a Stage song--there were fans from his time with Stage at the show. Plus Head Like a Hole--my favorite from his Rockstar days. Then he polled the audience for requests and we got Losing Your Memory which segwayed into So Ordinary. Um, Jeannie and I were in Ryan Star heaven at the moment.

He ended the show with the full band for Breathe and Back of Your Car.

It was a great show. My husband who thought Ryan's stuff was OK was won over by the live performace. He even recorded Head Like a Hole and 11:59 on his iphone. He wanted to know if there was a live CD.

Guest Guest
Thanks for the great recap! It sounds like an incredible show. I agree, Jenna -- we definitely need to get Ryan back here for a full-length show. I would hope that there would be a pretty good chance of that after the album drops.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.