Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

you may find that they are laquered over, so you cant remove em, without taking the laquer off. Sad
However i may be wrong, try the hair dryer trick thumbs

i used label remover , but petrol will also get it of . does take some time , right pain in the ass can,t see why we need them . who,s that bloke with the camera , then hide

@madsod wrote:
i used label remover , but petrol will also get it of . does take some time , right pain in the ass can,t see why we need them . who,s that bloke with the camera , then hide
Meeee lol! and what a censored silly place to put them Huh

angle grinder will get them off LaughingLaughing

all you can do is try the hairdryer trick dave

@Davehutch wrote:
@madsod wrote:
Meeee lol! and what a censored silly place to put them Huh
yer when i got the Bandit new i had a right go at george whites about it , told them to Tell mr SUZUKI , but he must be deaf , foflfofl

your local car paint supplier/ motor factor will sell you a caramel wheel, which is a rubber disc you put into a cordless drill. we use them all the time at work for taking of decals and glue residue left after you remove body mouldings. be carefull not to go to fast or put too much pressure on it or you could heat up and bubble or pull of the paint.

havnt read all the replies but I did mine with a hair dryer then white spirit

I had an almost new bike. And the owner before left them on from new. Hair dryer worked but did take time, didn't wana use chemicals on the shiney shiney paint No

Use a hair dryer to warm it up, peel it off then use nail polish remover sparingly to get the sticky stuff off

When it becomes a classic you will wish you never removed them! Sad

i personally wouldn't use a hair dryer as the paint on the new suzuki's isn't exactly thick and could bubble up too easily! just pick at it and use label remover =]

Same as a tank pad Dave thumbs
If i remember u took one of off the 12 not long ago.I think these tend to crumble a bit more rather than come off in one or 2 bits though.

Boiling water on the sticker to soften it and it will then pull off,leaving just the gunky residue to remove which can be done with spirit or petrol on a rag.

Took them off my B-King an hour after getting it.

No they are not lacquered on.

Yes, B-King paint isnt great.

Yes, hair dryer (not TOO close!)
and take your time.

nice one dave,you want to get one of those keiti clear tank pads i posted some pics a while back that would look a treat thumbs

@dick65 wrote:
nice one dave,you want to get one of those keiti clear tank pads i posted some pics a while back that would look a treat thumbs
you dont know what link/thread it was do you Dick ?

no probs dave ive put one up cant find others at mo when it stops raining i can get you more if you need them thumbs