Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DavidCnDannyluvr

Andrew's Birthday! THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HELPED!

Just in case Andrew lurks here ( for any one who doesn't know why we'd even start wondering about that, read the DC on kcradio.com? thread): Andrew, if you are on here: DO NOT READ THIS THREAD! thank you. Great

So as we all probably know, Andrew's 22nd birthday is coming up on June 16! I thought since we've done things for David and his band for their birthdays, it would be nice to give Andrew at least a little something for his birthday! So this will be the planning thread for now! Any ideas on what to get him? I have a few ideas of my own, which I'll post later! I have already gotten a volunteer to give the gifts to Andrew, as long as he's at the show on June 20, so that's taken care of ( As long as he's going to be there! If not, we'll find some other way to get it to him!) Feel free to post ideas here!

ok! Well mainly a donation to ACS. and then maybe a T-Shirt (I've been searching for one that would be good for him) and a personalized trophy! ( I have found a website where you can get different styles and sizes personalized!) since he didn't make it on idol ( and David did! Great ) I thought it would be nice to make it say " best radio show EVER" or something along those lines. I'm also going to go back and try to remember anything he's remotely hinted at that he's liked from his radio show! This way we can gain more ideas!

I found this shirt a while ago and I thought the guy on it looked just like Andrew. So I took this pic and put it on my facebook and jokinly tagged Andrew and he commented on the picture on my profile saying it was a perfect representation of him. Maybe we should look for it and get it for him.
 adorka10.jpg

That works! One of my friends actually has that shirt! The first time I saw him wear it I pretty much spazzed and he looked at me like i had gone insane. But he woudn't understand. It's a wordnerd thing! LOL! I'm still going to continue looking for other shirts, too. so we have options. Just in case we can get him more than one! It just depends on how much money we get.

omg mal i remember when u first found that shirt i was all WHOA it is andrew!! Shocked

I found this shirt a while ago and I thought the guy on it looked just like Andrew. So I took this pic and put it on my facebook and jokinly tagged Andrew and he commented on the picture on my profile saying it was a perfect representation of him. Maybe we should look for it and get it for him.
 adorka10.jpg
I love that shirt but I don't ever remember hearing anyone call Andrew a Dork. David always called himself one but not Andrew.

oh but andrew is a dork..lol even if hes never been called that ( which im pretty sure he probably has) and the thumbs up is so a cook boy thing..

SOMEBODY buy Andrew that shirt! It's the spittin' image of him! LOL flag
lol i thought so too. I just never remember him being called a dork but he could have and maybe by Dave lol

That shirt is so Andrew. Very cute.

And he is adorkable. That is first word that popped into my head when I came around the corner in the record store and he was standing there talking to Amanda, it was a total "aww he's so adorkable" moment. My second thought was, "Damn he's tall." Laughing

I remember that shirt,wow it was a while ago!
I think it's a great idea to make some kind of shirt for him with that character,because it really looks like him Very Happy
I think you can go in some specialized store where you give a picture and people there "glue" it on.and you just buy a similar brownish shirt,and voila! Very Happy

adorka10.jpg

Loved the t-shirt....

Another idea could be a t-shirt with something about brothers ....

I understand if you all want to do a gift for Andrew from the home
but I just thought I would mention that over at Andrew's fan page
we have started a group card & we are organizing a donation to Shadow Buddies.
If you are not a friend over there here is a copy of the info we have posted on the page with the info.

Hello friends, family, and fans of Andrew Cook! Andrew's birthday is quickly approaching,
and we have created a group birthday card.
Be sure to wish Andrew a very happy birthday Smile
Sign the card at: http://www.groupcard.com/c/H7hwtZUOoYd

We are also working on a special donation to one of Andrew's favorite charities,
Shadow Buddies. From the Shadow Buddies mission statement: "It is our goal,
through the Shadow Buddies Foundation, to provide educational support to hospitals
and schools while helping families cope with a particular illness. Our Buddies are
also used to support children who are going through any crisis situation. Your generous
contributions will ensure that funds are available for the financial future and growth
of the Shadow Buddies Foundation, making it possible for Shadow Buddies to be given to any
child in need without any cost to their families." You can learn more about the foundation
at www.shadowbuddies.org We will be collecting funds through paypal, until saturday June
6th. We will make a group donation to Shadow Buddies with all of the collected funds in
honor of Andrew Cook. If you are interested in contributing, please email Hiedi
at hiedi.earwood@gmail.com for the paypal address. If you would like to contribute,
but are unable to use paypal, other arrangements can also be made by contacting us Smile
It goes without saying (though we'll say it anyway), that we'd like this to remain a
surprise for Andrew. Please do your best not to mention anything about it. Thanks!
Let's make this birthday as special for Andrew as we can!
~Andrew Cook Official Fan Page

If you would rather sign the card through facebook here is the
link for that http://apps.facebook.com/groupcards/c/H7hwtZUOoYd

And in case you need to link for the fan page www.myspace.com/andrewcookloveshack

You do not have to be a friend on the fan page
to sign the card or be included in the gift.

Also, nothing to do with his birthday but he has answered
20 new questions this past
weekend that can be seen on the fan page.

thanks angel. i think in the past we've done seperate gifts from the different boards. but thanks for the info angel. its up to everyone to decided whether we want to join this or keep on going with our ideas??

I didn't mean to imply that a gift from this board shouldn't be done.
I love that adorkable t-shirt! I loved it way back when it was first posted. I actually saw one at consignment shop the other day & I thought about buying it
for myself lol

I always like the idea of doing projects with other boards and groups in the name of fan unity!

So how about we send the t-shirt and also donate to Shadow Buddies? I think the original idea was t-shirt and donations so this would be in line with that.

If we want the t-shirt and/or the donation (to whatever cause is selected in this thread) to be from the Home of the Words, please ask the mods for approval as we ask that anyone do when using our name.

well what about more? depending on how much money we can get? and what about the trophy? I think we should do a gift form this board too! Plus i think he'd like a donation to ACS, too.

HaHa The picture i have with Andrew he is posing just like the pic on the shirt lol Love it!

the card is awesome!!! And the tshirt is so andrew! LOL! I even looked for that shirt when i saw it on here but i never found it! It was at target if i'm remembering right. I bet they don't have it anymore though but i'm sure you can find it on the internet somewhere. Very Happy

I'm looking at other shirts and other possibilities right now! lol just in case we can't find that one, or we have som eextra money.

Here is a picture of an image on a shirt I think he'd like.

here's my reasoning for why I tink he'd like it

1: It says kep the dream alive, which is perfect considering he still wants to pursue music, even after not making it on idol

2: It has a radio thing, which he's a radio host now!

3: The whole thing of the finger pressing the snooze button is something I could pretty much see Andrew doing. LOL

I don't know how to add the link to the pics anymore.. LOL I somehow did it when I found stuff for Joey. once I remember how to do it again, i'll add the links so you guys can see the whole shirt

Hey guys, if we're still doing this, I want the ideas to be in by Saturday. Then if it's ok, we can start giving donations.

Andrew wears a size large T-shirt, just in case you weren't sure of the size. He's wearing a large here:

I'm sure Andrew would love it if people gave to Adam's family. Last year when I met him at the finale he took both my hands in his and told me how he couldn't believe how people who didn't even know someone would want to do so much to help them. I told him I was just the organizer of the finale fund, and that it was everyone who helped, so I'm sure he was thanking everyone when he thanked me. He took this photo with the shirt to help raise money for his brother's family. http://fanssupportadamcook.com

^That is awesome to see Andrew in that shirt. My daughter loves hers.
It must be kind of bittersweet to be celebrating your birthday, so relatively soon after the loss of a sibling. Crying
The website is terrific Cathy, and a wonderful way to support Kendra and the children. Now that would be a great birthday gift to Andrew, helping those he loves. Heart

Andrew wears a size large T-shirt, just in case you weren't sure of the size. He's wearing a large here:

I'm sure Andrew would love it if people gave to Adam's family. Last year when I met him at the finale he took both my hands in his and told me how he couldn't believe how people who didn't even know someone would want to do so much to help them. I told him I was just the organizer of the finale fund, and that it was everyone who helped, so I'm sure he was thanking everyone when he thanked me. He took this photo with the shirt to help raise money for his brother's family. http://fanssupportadamcook.com

On his radio show he said he wears a medium...

@redsoxmom wrote:
It must be kind of bittersweet to be celebrating your birthday, so relatively soon after the loss of a sibling. Crying
The website is terrific Cathy, and a wonderful way to support Kendra and the children. Now that would be a great birthday gift to Andrew, helping those he loves. Heart

Now that's a great idea! And then depending on how much we have, maybe we could also donate a little to ACS and the Shadow buddies thing too. BUt look at the shirts I've posted and see if you guys like any of them. I'm actually trying to find something that has to do with Santa Claus holding a guitar ( There's gotta be something out there, right!? ) Because that was an amazing moment that i still laugh at!

If some prefer can we just donate to Kendra and the kids as our part of the gift. I understand wanting to give Andrew a gift but at this point in time, I think the money is more well spent going to his sister-in-law and the kids. So can we just donate on our own or designate where we want our contribution to go?

@CCforDC wrote:
If some prefer can we just donate to Kendra and the kids as our part of the gift. I understand wanting to give Andrew a gift but at this point in time, I think the money is more well spent going to his sister-in-law and the kids. So can we just donate on our own or designate where we want our contribution to go?

I guess that would be ok. But I at least want to get him one thing. Whether it be the trophy, T-shirt, or whatever we can come up with, I at least want him to get one thing.

The fund for the family at their bank (Old National) will stay open indefinitely and either Paypal or checks/money orders will work. Over $1300 ($350 in checks, the rest from Paypal) in cash has been donated to the family through this effort since Adam passed away. I haven't added up the bracelets and t-shirts money yet but there will be a few hundred more for the family when that's all reconciled.

Many thanks to everyone!

On his radio show he said he wears a medium...

Oh, okay! I got the shirt size info from David's friend. I can see there's a little extra material in this shirt but it hadn't been washed yet, most likely. He's so tall, as long as the length is there, medium would be fine too.

@redsoxmom wrote:

Thank you, Chrissie, for all your support and for the compliment. I have really enjoyed being able to help Adam and his family in whatever way possible. The caring and support from David's fans have definitely made a positive difference in their lives.

i agree money for the famly is a priority. BUT its andrews b day so my vote is to get HIM a gift too. maybe not as elaborate as the others have been but he deserves a little something something for his awesome self too!

i agree money for the famly is a priority. BUT its andrews b day so my vote is to get HIM a gift too. maybe not as elaborate as the others have been but he deserves a little something something for his awesome self too!

Yeah. Let's take a poll.

What do you guys think andrew would like best?

"Adorkable" T-shirt ( If I can find a place to buy it) 2

Personalized trophy

"Keep the dream alive" T-shirt

"Away from computer" T-shirt

"Rock star/ Video game" T-shirt 1

We'll try to get the one with the highest votes. If we have any more money, we'll continue to go down the line.

I have a gag gift suggestion - On his show today, someone emailed him a far out song request, and his smart ass answer was ".. yea, and I want a golden toilet seat..." He'd definitely know we listen to his show if we got him some sort of a little toilet with a golden seat. His comment made me laugh out loud, and I bet this would make him laugh out loud.

There's an idea. I'll look for one later tonight! ROFLOL We need more inputs on what to get him though. I wanted the idead to be in today, so we could start getting the money. But only a few people have helped out. ( And Thank you to everyone who's given ideas or volunteered to do something!)

Has it been decided how we are all going to get money to someone for all of this? I just went back through the thread, but I don't think it was decided.

Just for the record, I like the Adorkable Tee, too. I love the donation idea, and I love the little gag gift idea. Guess it will all depend on how much money is collected.

@redsoxmom wrote:

Now that's a great idea! And then depending on how much we have, maybe we could also donate a little to ACS and the Shadow buddies thing too. BUt look at the shirts I've posted and see if you guys like any of them. I'm actually trying to find something that has to do with Santa Claus holding a guitar ( There's gotta be something out there, right!? ) Because that was an amazing moment that i still laugh at!

How about this:

I like the "Rock star/ Video game" shirt.

^^ Is that A T-shirt? If so, It's perfect!! And dc_cookie82 ( Her name's Kim right? Just making sure...) and I talked about it and unless she's changed her mind, she's going to try to get the money, order the gifts, and hopefully give it to Andrew if he's at the show on June 20. I'm also going to write the letter to him, to go along with the gift(s).

And as for the golden toilet seat, I haven't been able to find one painted gold. I found a gold wood-type thing, but it looked tan. So if I can't find a golden toilet seat, mayeb if that santa guitar thing up there is a shirt or something we can get him, it would be a gag gift.

^^ Is that A T-shirt? If so, It's perfect!! And dc_cookie82 ( Her name's Kim right? Just making sure...) and I talked about it and unless she's changed her mind, she's going to try to get the money, order the gifts, and hopefully give it to Andrew if he's at the show on June 20. I'm also going to write the letter to him, to go along with the gift(s).

oh please...dont play like u dont know my name.. Rolling Eyes

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.