Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Prissy

Galveston, TX - Moody Gardens Galveston - July 5

*Tickets on sale here*

Quote :
DAVID COOK--The 2008 American Idol is coming to Moody Gardens Galveston. tickets going on sale soon. Find Moody Gardens on facebook.

Source

Their official site

looks like maybe another one for Jamie. At first I thought maybe if it was near in date and location in the state to the other Texas one, it could be a road trip but I see these two cities are about as far from each other as can be - I did a google maps and it was 10 hours drive between them!

Finally! I'm not missing this! It'll be my first show.

I'm so hoping this show is when I'm in Houston visiting my family. With my luck it will be right before or right after we're there. Or it will fall on my wedding anniversary...ummm...honey can we go to the David Cook concert so I can drool all over 5 other men in celebration of our 9 years together. LMAO

oh 2 in texas um its it summer jamie uve got a buddy!! pick me up at the airport..lol

OMG I'll be in Houston already for vacation at my mom and dad's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MUCH better! A 2.5 hour drive instead of a 9 hour drive!! WHOO HOO! cheers

I'm gonna forego Amarillo in favor of this one. And yeah, it's way more than 10 hours between the two. More like 12. I would definitely NOT recommend trying to road-trip both of them, unless you have your own private jet.

It's ok, Amarillo is fuckin' boring anyway, with the exception of the Big Texan Steakhouse. If you can finish a 72 ounce steak dinner in less than an hour, you get it for free Very Happy

MUCH better! A 2.5 hour drive instead of a 9 hour drive!! WHOO HOO! cheers

I'm gonna forego Amarillo in favor of this one. And yeah, it's way more than 10 hours between the two. More like 12. I would definitely NOT recommend trying to road-trip both of them, unless you have your own private jet.

It's ok, Amarillo is fuckin' boring anyway, with the exception of the Big Texan Steakhouse. If you can finish a 72 ounce steak dinner in less than an hour, you get it for free Very Happy

Considering that I'm a vegetarian, yeah that's not gonna happen! Well I'm probably not gonna go to either of them. Just keep waiting for more stuff closer to my neck of the woods. Saddest But very happy for you Jamie, you deserve to have one close to you!

^^ i feel the same way. its nice seeing her get a couple dates im happy for jamie but now im like a little more west babe a little more..

Man, I definitely need to start thinking about scheduling another show soon, I'm going through DWEEB withdrawal!!

I'm hoping he has more shows in random Texas towns. *cough*CollegeStation*cough* Very Happy But seriously, I'm thrilled he's FINALLY in my neck of the woods. I could do a happy dance right now, I'm so excited! Yahoo!

Woo Hoo!! My sister and niece want to go. We'll ditch the husbands and 8 and unders with them. LOL We might have to go eat at Gaido's if it is reopened after the hurricane. Fresh gulf shrimp Awww Love

Tickets go on sale May 30, they will update the tickets location later.

Ticket info I received today per the ticket office:

Quote :

Hello Mrs. Daniels, this is Nick from Moody Gardens Special Events & Ticketing. We spoke on the phone and I’m e-mailing you to give you the information you requested on the David Cook Concert in Galveston. The tickets go on sale Saturday, May 30th 2009 at 10 am. They will cost $80 for VIP, $60 for Reserved, and $30 for General Admission. You can purchase the tickets online @www.moodytickets.com. Have a good day and I hope to see you there.

I'm not a "Mrs." but, yeah, whatever. Rolling Eyes Geez, $80? Ugh. Oh well.

Hmmm....I'll be wrapping up a roadtrip around that point. Perhaps I'll swing by Galveston on my way home! Smile

what does VIP get u? sometimes VIP is worse that GA as far as seating goes. better find out what the difference is betwene that and reserved.

Hello my Texas Word Nerds...Jody is gonna do EVERYTHING she can to be there!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!! Yahoo!

The Moody Gardens Hotel is really expensive, but I really didn't want to have to drive back to Houston after the show...since it's my first one I splurged. I figured if for some reason I can't get tickets and can always cancel. I was worried with the holiday weekend, that I might not find a hotel if I didn't go ahead and reserve a room now.

I'd really like to know the difference between the VIP tickets and reserved too. I figured I'd go for VIP but i would be nice to know what I'm paying for first.

This is from the Moody Gardens ticket website. It still doesn't distinguish between VIP and reserved, but I'll find out for y'all.

Quote :

The Outdoor Amphitheater
The Outdoor Amphitheater offers Premium Seating & Festival Lawn for most shows and events. Premium Seating provides chairs directly in front of the stage that are unassigned and filled on a first come, first serve basis. Festival Lawn does not provide chairs and space is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Patrons are allowed to bring blankets & lawn chairs without carry bags for most shows. The capacity of the Outdoor Amphitheater is 6,000.

We're trying to get a general idea for how our roadie's going to go, so if I can swing it, I'm DEFINITELY there!!! If not, I may have to "settle" for the Baton Rouge show....

To quote Forrest Gump, Jamie, we'd get along like peas and carrots! Smile

I'm emailed Moody Gardens a few days ago about the VIP seating and Reserved seating-and this is what they told me:
Quote :

There are 327 VIP seats right in the front for $75.00 and reserved seating right behind is $55.00.

The rest are General Lawn seats, BYOC or blanket for $20.00

The tickets sales link, on sale May 30.

Press release

Quote :
KRBE 104.1 FM and Island Star Performances are proud to present David Cook live in concert on Sunday July 5, 2009, at the Moody Gardens Outdoor Amphitheater. David Cook in Concert at Moody Gardens July 5th! Click for Tickets.

With the new single “Permanent” from his self-titled album rapidly climbing the Billboard charts, Cook brings his white-hot Declaration tour to Galveston Island for a rockin’ concert under the stars. Gates to the event will open at 5:00 p.m. with David Cook taking the stage at 8:00 p.m.

Tickets will be available beginning May 30th at 10:00am. Tickets are $75 for VIP -Premium Seating, $55 for Reserved Seating and $20 for Festival Lawn - General Admission. Tickets will be available online at moodytickets.com, by phone at 409-683-4186, and via the Concerts on the Gulf Box Office located in the lobby of the Moody Gardens Hotel. The box office will be open Monday through Sunday from 9:00am to 6:00pm. General questions should be directed to the box office phone at 409-683-4186.

The concert will be immediately followed by a spectacular fireworks show. A portion of ticket proceeds will benefit the Galveston Recovery Fund.

Born in Houston and raised in Blue Springs, Missouri, Cook shot to fame during the seventh season of American Idol. Then just one week after his Idol win, Cook made chart history with a record-breaking 14 debuts on Billboard’s Hot Digital Songs survey and also had 11 songs jump into the Hot 100, the highest number of new entries ever and the second highest number of simultaneous hits since the Beatles in 1964.

For his major label debut, Cook set out to make an eclectic album highlighting a diversity of influences, and collaborated with a number of talented songwriters, including Goo Goo Dolls’ Johnny Rzeznik and Raine Maida of Our Lady Peace. Cook describes the completed album as “an exhausting experience in that you listen to it, have to take a breath to collect yourself, and immediately need to listen to it all over again.” The album deftly showcases Cook’s vocal and songwriting talent and makes his Declaration tour one of the must-see concerts of the year.

The David Cook concert is part of the inaugural Concerts on the Gulf series, a collaborative effort between Moody Gardens and Island Star Performances to bring nationally acclaimed artists and an exciting array of special events to Galveston Island.

I think I might do this one too! I have to I'd be crazy not to since I'll be in Baton Rouge. Ahh I'm probably gonna get a rate up the ass but oh well.

do the name ur own price like i id amanda $267 total round trip and the way back was nonstop. it was memorial day weekend. all the other flights were $400 -$600

i am 100% not going to this show but i have an urge to buy a ticket. i dunno why... like buying tickets has become an adrenaline rush to me.. i crave it!!

well shit i just read about the show on the site. it closes with fireworks!!! now i want to go just for that!

Anyone else have the urge to throw your computer out the window when trying to purchase tickets this morning? Or wonder why they had a phone number listed if they weren't going to answer. Or wonder why it was 4 after 10 before ticket sales were online? Or am I alone with these problems?

@jules4DC wrote:
Anyone else have the urge to throw your computer out the window when trying to purchase tickets this morning? Or wonder why they had a phone number listed if they weren't going to answer. Or wonder why it was 4 after 10 before ticket sales were online? Or am I alone with these problems?

Don't worry-you weren't alone!!! I had the same problems...and even more! Once they finally put up the tickets, I selected to buy 2 tickets...then my confirmation said I only bought 1! Ugh...had to go back and buy another ticket and call up the box office to see how many I bought. It was insane. I don't want to ever buy tickets from Moody Gardens ever again! haha

sorry guys that sucks. this isnt one of my shows so i had no problems..lol my last few online purchases were flawless. but ive had my fair share of frustrating ones like this!

Yay! I bought my tickets online this morning, 2 VIP seats, section 1C, row D, seats 11 & 12. Woohoo!

Bought my seats this morning, but I too had problems. In Section 1C, Row H. Boo.

Boo? Isn't Row H good if that section is near the stage? scratch

No, it's not the center section. It's on the far left side, and my seats are on the outside. I'll have to turn to my right to even see the stage, at least from the looks of the seating chart. We'll see. The ticket buying process was all screwed up this morning.

ETA: I'm in 1A, not 1C. Far left side.

I wonder if they held some of the center section back. I was refreshing constantly until the buy tickets came up. It was a bad experience when you couldn't even select best selection just clicking on seats then being told they weren't for sale. I finally got 1C row E. For the price I paid I hope I'm not too much at an angle.

I wish I could go to that concert. I was born in Houston, but lived in Clear Lake Shores, near Galveston (Clear Lake Shores didn't have a hospital). It would be great, getting to go back...especially for a reason like that.
Ah well, have fun ladies!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.