Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

***Word Nerd Home Logo Contest***

Guest Guest

We are opening a contest to choose an official logo for the Word Nerd Home for all our members to participate, woohoo!!! The logos should be submitted by PM to Monica (lovincook) and have to follow the following guidelines. Do not post your entries in this thread which will be used only to clear your doubts and questions.

Logo Contest Guidelines

1) Members are allowed to submit a maximum of 2 entries.

2) Logos should be submitted in jpg or png format with a 200 dpi quality and not smaller than 800 px in width.

3) They have to include the words: "Word Nerd Home" or "Home of the Word Nerds" and may or may not be accompanied by a graphic and the phrase "David Cook Fans United". The logos submitted cannot involve an image of David.

4) Designs should be able to work both in colors and in greyscale

5) Deadline: June 14th, 2009 Sunday, June 21st

Disclaimer: By submitting an entry you agree to give up all rights of your designed logo to Word Nerd Home. It will be further used in the forum, the WNH site and for any other purpose the founders of the WNH deem appropriate.

The Moderators of the forum will judge the submitted logos and choose the winning one. This will be done anonymously, that is, we won't know who submitted each entry. Monica (lovincook) will not be included in the judging since she will be aware of the creator of each entry. The winning logo will be published in this thread crediting the creator who will be awarded a very special prize as yet to be determined. :acookie: (no, we won't be able to set up a date with David for you LOL Face )

So, put your thinking and designing caps on and make us proud Very Happy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Further definitions:

Logo = "A logo is a graphical element (ideogram, symbol, emblem, icon, sign) that, together with its logotype (a uniquely set and arranged typeface) form a trademark or commercial brand. Typically, a logo's design is for immediate recognition."

dpi = dots per inch (printing and screen definition unit)

Guest Guest

*waiting for some awesome designs to come my way!!!!* Very Happy

Very cool idea! I wish I can participate to show my artistic side. OK , I'll try...

keep3173.jpg

Here's my first. Mods, let me know if I need to change or correct something. (This was done out of pure bordem, might I add). Smile
Oh, what does DPI mean? Sorry, lol.

Guest Guest

I know we have a lot of talented Word Nerds here, so I'm hoping to see lots of entries...

Please don't post your entries here, though. We Mods will be voting - except for Monica who is collecting them - and we don't want to know who did what before we vote. PM your entries to Monica... lovincook.

CJeann - I'm going to remove your first entry from the post above and PM it to Monica for you. Smile And "dpi" is dots per inch. A higher dpi means the picture is clearer and more detailed.

I'm a little confused, is it a Logo we need to submit or a banner? isn't What CJeann posted a banner?

@molly4DC wrote:
I'm a little confused, is it a Logo we need to submit or a banner? isn't What CJeann posted a banner?

I have the same doubt.

Guest Guest

We are looking for a logo not a banner.

"A logo is a graphical element (ideogram, symbol, emblem, icon, sign) that, together with its logotype (a uniquely set and arranged typeface) form a trademark or commercial brand. Typically, a logo's design is for immediate recognition."

Examples of well known car company logos are:

Also, designers cannot use images of David. I'll be adding these definitions to the Logo Contest Guidelines OP for better reference.

Uhm, I have a HUGE favor....
Is it possible to extend the deadline a little bit longer?
Please!

I want to participate, but I'm not sure if I can make it on time.. Very Sad
My creative juices do not continuously flow especially with the awareness of time constraints.

If not, then it's totally fine. Smile

Guest Guest
Let me check that, Cheng. Anyways, get your creative juices working as fast as you can, lol. We do not want to loose your entry!!!

Guest Guest
I see some tattoos in the future possibly involving said logo!

LOL flag Hey, you never know... maybe even Dave will sport our logo one day. drunken (I know, I know... I'm just dreaming)

wow this sounds cool. if only i had a lick of artisticness in me.. ive got a friend in a band who designed all his bands cds and t shirts with awesome logos. the band is called threes not even. he sketched the original logo for me years ago and i kept it. lol in case they ever get famous i can sell that shit and make a bundle! wish i had more tiem id have him do a design for me..

Here ya go..

I just screencaptured this from his interview.
He's so cute!!! Awww Love

so basically, you dont want any pictures of david.. just a logo.. like something that says wordnerd home or something like that. im a little confused!

Guest Guest

Basically, yes but it can also be accompanied by a graphic, abstract or not, much like the logos up there Smile

We also wanted to tell you we are extending the deadline for the contest through Sunday, June 21st Very Happy

Oh wow!! Thank you!!
Thank You!

In case I won (which i doubt...) I'm happy with the Analog Heart CD personally signed by David. Awww Love

Guest Guest

LOL, we'd all be happy with that. I certainly wouldn't count on us being able to score that for a prize though. LOL Face

Guest Guest
I've received 2 beautiful logos... and I'm eagerly awaiting more!

So just to clarify - the logo will be replacing the top banner which currently says "Home of the Wordnerds, David Cook Fans United" right?

ETA: OK, I sent mine in. I know there are a lot more people here that are more proficient at Photoshop than I am (and have more artistic ability) - but I thought I'd try my hand, it's worth a shot.

If I have some time I might try to make a second one to send in Very Happy

Guest Guest

Yeay Jess! Glad you got to submit your entry! Yes, the logo is meant to substitute the forum's and site's top banner Very Happy

Guys, don't be shy and send us your entries. You just have to follow the requirements explained in the OP. Wink

Guest Guest

I'm receiving some nice logos, guys! Yahoo!

well i think i might participate. i will probably draw something since i am not good with photoshop and what not.

Guest Guest
Are we supposed to uhh...draw??

Hi rachelkhoo! Welcome to the Home, woohoo! Well, yes, you are supposed to draw, either by hand and scan your work at a 200/300 dpi resolution or use any software out there to do it. Very Happy

Give it a try if you know how to go about either of those options! Very Happy

Like garpods here who's going to draw! Good for you, Ashley!!!

Guest Guest
lovincook wrote:
I'm receiving some nice logos, guys! Yahoo!

Great news, Monica Joy dance

Made wrote:
Are we supposed to uhh...draw??

Hi rachelkhoo! Welcome to the Home, woohoo! Well, yes, you are supposed to draw, either by hand and scan your work at a 200/300 dpi resolution or use any software out there to do it. Very Happy

Give it a try if you know how to go about either of those options! Very Happy

Like garpods here who's going to draw! Good for you, Ashley!!!

so how do we know its 200/300 dpi

Guest Guest

That's a good question, Ashley! I'm gonna let Made answer that one... I am not even attempting to make a logo... you all would laugh and I would break all the rules! LOL Face

Guest Guest
@molly4DC wrote:
Do you have any height min/max limitation?

Sorry... We somehow missed this question! It seems Made hasn't been in this thread in a while. I'll send her in here to answer these last couple of questions. I do not know enough about graphic design, unfortunately!

Guest Guest
@garpods22 wrote:
so how do we know its 200/300 dpi

The scanner software has a function where you can set it to scan at a 200 or 300 dpi.

@molly4DC wrote:

Do you have any height min/max limitation?

800 px both in height and width if it's a square and 800 px width for landscape oriented ones and 800 px for portrait oriented ones.

Please PM me if you have further doubts or questions. Very Happy

Guest Guest
Thanks Made!

I will expect bumper stickers and tatoo art and t-shirts from the winning logo.
Do we get to see at least the top 10?

lol - WNH tats? Now that would be awesome.

I think we were only planning on unveiling the winner. If we show the top 10 it will just cause people to question our decision. Laughing 'Cause everyone would like a different one.

Guest Guest

Using the guitar would be OK Very Happy

ok i sent a logo but its not all the great. oh well. i was going to draw a better one but i dont have time. hope we get an awesome logo

Guest Guest

Thanks Ashley and all of you for taking the time to contribute to our contest. We're sure we'll get an awesome logo Very Happy

Made, I'm still not sure about things. I'v send you a pm yesterday, did you get it?

Guest Guest

Ashley, I received your logo, and i think you are being too hard on yourself. You're very talented!

I've received a lot of logos so far, and I can say that this is going to be a VERY DIFFICULT decision for the mods to make. I'm positive we will have a fantastic logo, no matter which one is chosen. Great

Guest Guest
@molly4DC wrote:
Made, I'm still not sure about things. I'v send you a pm yesterday, did you get it?

If you haven't heard back from Made, you can try sending her another PM. We receive so many PMs, that it is possible it got lost in the shuffle.

lovincook wrote:
@molly4DC wrote:

If you haven't heard back from Made, you can try sending her another PM. We receive so many PMs, that it is possible it got lost in the shuffle.

Thank you. I have heard from Made.

Guest Guest
@molly4DC wrote:

Thank you. I have heard from Made.

Great

lovincook wrote:
Ashley, I received your logo, and i think you are being too hard on yourself. You're very talented!

I've received a lot of logos so far, and I can say that this is going to be a VERY DIFFICULT decision for the mods to make. I'm positive we will have a fantastic logo, no matter which one is chosen. Great
haha i am always hard on myself when it comes to my drawings. thanks though glad you got it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.