Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cookiedough

Real Life David vs video/TV/Pix David

Recommended Posts

If there's a topic for this already, I apologize. I've gone back many many pages and am possibly cross-eyed now so missed it. If so and you could link me to it then delete this, I'd be thrilled. If not, I'll forge ahead.

I've been scouring various DC boards and of late come across commentary on DC's appearance in person vs how he looks on TV, in vids, or in pix. The consensus is usually he looks younger, smaller, thinner, shorter in person. And the degree of variation of opinion is fascinating to me. As I have yet to see/meet him in person. ::Sobs::

So I was wondering if those of you who have seen/met David could chime in with your opinion on how he looks in person vs on screen in youtubes or TV or in pix.

Thanks muchly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gotta be honest. The only thing I remember about him is that he is more beautiful in person and he has a glow about him in person, that I don't see on TV, videos, etc. other than that I don't see much difference. I mean he is gorgeous in print and tv but in person I think he is even more beautiful. Sorry, I guess I'm not much help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Any comment is helpful. And, not surprisingly, the other thing I always read is that he's more beautiful in person. Seeing how gorgeous he is in print and in vids and on TV, it boggles the mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
In person he is more beautiful and has that twinkle in his eyes. He gives a connection and that's what makes him so beautiful to me. I think the one thing I was surprised about was he's not as broad as I thought and has a tiny waist and minimal tummy. He makes it like he's 300 lbs. He's cute! I like the little chub!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Heee. I love the bit o chub too. Cause he has such toned legs and arms and strong shoulders and backs and an ASS to DIE for. I love his ass. And, ok, his gorgeous face. Oh..all right. I love every gorgeous inch of him. Can't wait to see him in person for myself some day. Hopefully this summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes he is very strong! He always knocked me out when he was giving me a hug in GMA. I thought I was being crushed. But his smile and his eyes just make you smile right back and him talking to you is to die for! OMG I can't believe i've had a conversation with him. His speaking voice in person is even more sexy. I was at the barricades and I was trying to help him with one and he was like Gratsi and then he came to me and looked me in the eyes and said HELLO!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest
He does seem smaller to me in person than he appears to be on tv, in videos/pics and even on stage. He has this stage presence that makes him seem bigger and broader, larger than life up there. But I have met him several times and each time I am surprise at how narrow his hips are and in general how he is smaller than I thought. But he isn't a little guy, MUCH taller than me(I'm 5'4) and he does have a nice set of arms/shoulders. The first time I met him I remember thinking OMG he really is even more gorgeous in person. I think it has something to do with how attentive he is when he speaks to you. The eye contact and smile are intense in person.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

even more beautiful, not as pale as i thought,, smaller framed, about the smae height as id expect. always looks u in the eye when speaking, very friendly, good listener, easy to talk to and sarcastic/funny. but ive nver met him before so take what im saying with a grain of salt.. LOL flagWink

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest
justforme wrote:
He does seem smaller to me in person than he appears to be on tv, in videos/pics and even on stage. He has this stage presence that makes him seem bigger and broader, larger than life up there. But I have met him several times and each time I am surprise at how narrow his hips are and in general how he is smaller than I thought. But he isn't a little guy, MUCH taller than me(I'm 5'4) and he does have a nice set of arms/shoulders. The first time I met him I remember thinking OMG he really is even more gorgeous in person. I think it has something to do with how attentive he is when he speaks to you. The eye contact and smile are intense in person.


I think that's it. He really, really focuses on you when he's talking to you. And hard as it is to believe, he really is even more gorgeous in person than he is on tv or the stage.

I think the perceived size difference is indeed his stage presence. He owns that stage when he's performing, and he kind of seems "larger than life" then. But when you meet him, he's got this "guy next door" persona. A really gorgeous and nice guy next door, but still - he's so easy to talk to when you meet him.

He's definitely not a little guy at all, but he does seem a bit smaller when he's standing there next to you. And yes, he does give the best hugs...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, cookiedough, you have to come to Muskifest!! I've never met David either, even though I been to a couple of shows! It would be so awesome!!! I just sent you a pm about Muskifest. I hope in can be worked out!

And just because... Terry\'s fav word God, I love that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well, obviously most people have had a different experience, but when I've met him in person (a few times) he made almost no eye contact. Like, the last time I met him I gave him a gift and talked with him for a few minutes about it and he looked down at the gift the whole time. But he was really sweet and appreciative and gave me a few minutes of his time which was really nice. I'll treasure all the no-eye-contact gift-giving experiences I've had with him, lol! But the lack of eye contact made me feel like a creeper so unless someone gives me a gift no one else can get to him, I'm not going to bother him again. At my last show, I waited after to try to meet Andy, who I still have never met. I still hope to someday, but I don't think I'll do the bus thing again.

Anyway, the main thing I notice with meeting him is that everyone gets all excited and nervous, but when he gets within a couple feet, it's like he has a bubble of calm around him and when you're in the bubble, the calm washes over you... until he's past and you're out of the bubble, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I was so nervous when I talked to him I had no bubble of calm. lol. I had to force myself to remember what it was I wanted to say because my mind wanted to totally crap out on me. The eye contact surprised me. It was amazing. I just thought, wow, he's looking me right in the eye and paying attention to what I had to say. I wouldn't trade that moment with him for all the money in the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stacy, maybe he can't look you in the eye because he read your GF application and he knows you wrote it! ROFLOLROFLOLROFLOLROFLOL


Sorry, that was just too much for me to resist!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well, obviously most people have had a different experience, but when I've met him in person (a few times) he made almost no eye contact. Like, the last time I met him I gave him a gift and talked with him for a few minutes about it and he looked down at the gift the whole time. But he was really sweet and appreciative and gave me a few minutes of his time which was really nice. I'll treasure all the no-eye-contact gift-giving experiences I've had with him, lol! But the lack of eye contact made me feel like a creeper so unless someone gives me a gift no one else can get to him, I'm not going to bother him again. At my last show, I waited after to try to meet Andy, who I still have never met. I still hope to someday, but I don't think I'll do the bus thing again.

Anyway, the main thing I notice with meeting him is that everyone gets all excited and nervous, but when he gets within a couple feet, it's like he has a bubble of calm around him and when you're in the bubble, the calm washes over you... until he's past and you're out of the bubble, lol.


I think he might get shy sometimes, and this could explain the lack of eye contact.

As for calm fan girl behavior, I've read fan accounts of some older women who actually started SOBBING or hyperventilating when they met him. ShockedWTF So apparently not everyone is calm in his presence. LOL Face

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@pn112 wrote:
Stacy, maybe he can't look you in the eye because he read your GF application and he knows you wrote it! ROFLOLROFLOLROFLOLROFLOL


Sorry, that was just too much for me to resist!!


Hmm, you may be on the right track there. ROFLOL

Now I know why I didn't do a GF application, nor do I put my photo in my avatar. I really don't want David to know who I am and what I write here sometimes. LOL Face

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Nicole wrote:
@pn112 wrote:
Stacy, maybe he can't look you in the eye because he read your GF application and he knows you wrote it! ROFLOLROFLOLROFLOLROFLOL


Sorry, that was just too much for me to resist!!


Hmm, you may be on the right track there. ROFLOL

Now I know why I didn't do a GF application, nor do I put my photo in my avatar. I really don't want David to know who I am and what I write here sometimes. LOL Face


ha-HA! I left myself wide open for that one, didn't I? I had completely forgotten about my application. Well, okay, the last time I met him is explained then! I'll always wonder if he thought about that application during his famous "Nothing says love like a dog collar" banter. ROFLOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Nicole wrote:
@pn112 wrote:
Stacy, maybe he can't look you in the eye because he read your GF application and he knows you wrote it! ROFLOLROFLOLROFLOLROFLOL


Sorry, that was just too much for me to resist!!


Hmm, you may be on the right track there. ROFLOL

Now I know why I didn't do a GF application, nor do I put my photo in my avatar. I really don't want David to know who I am and what I write here sometimes. LOL Face


ha-HA! I left myself wide open for that one, didn't I? I had completely forgotten about my application. Well, okay, the last time I met him is explained then! I'll always wonder if he thought about that application during his famous "Nothing says love like a dog collar" banter. ROFLOL


I never actually SAW your application and your photo to go with it, where is it? We are ALL Innocent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Nicole wrote:
@Nicole wrote:
@pn112 wrote:
Stacy, maybe he can't look you in the eye because he read your GF application and he knows you wrote it! ROFLOLROFLOLROFLOLROFLOL


Sorry, that was just too much for me to resist!!


Hmm, you may be on the right track there. ROFLOL

Now I know why I didn't do a GF application, nor do I put my photo in my avatar. I really don't want David to know who I am and what I write here sometimes. LOL Face


ha-HA! I left myself wide open for that one, didn't I? I had completely forgotten about my application. Well, okay, the last time I met him is explained then! I'll always wonder if he thought about that application during his famous "Nothing says love like a dog collar" banter. ROFLOL


I never actually SAW your application and your photo to go with it, where is it? We are ALL Innocent


That's because I never posted it and asked everyone I sent it to never to post it! I'll dig it up and send it to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Nicole wrote:
@Nicole wrote:
@pn112 wrote:
Stacy, maybe he can't look you in the eye because he read your GF application and he knows you wrote it! ROFLOLROFLOLROFLOLROFLOL


Sorry, that was just too much for me to resist!!


Hmm, you may be on the right track there. ROFLOL

Now I know why I didn't do a GF application, nor do I put my photo in my avatar. I really don't want David to know who I am and what I write here sometimes. LOL Face


ha-HA! I left myself wide open for that one, didn't I? I had completely forgotten about my application. Well, okay, the last time I met him is explained then! I'll always wonder if he thought about that application during his famous "Nothing says love like a dog collar" banter. ROFLOL


I never actually SAW your application and your photo to go with it, where is it? We are ALL Innocent


Just make sure your sitting down when your reading it. It was my favorite. And have some kleenex, because your gonna need it from all the laughing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Nicole wrote:
@pn112 wrote:
Stacy, maybe he can't look you in the eye because he read your GF application and he knows you wrote it! ROFLOLROFLOLROFLOLROFLOL


Sorry, that was just too much for me to resist!!


Hmm, you may be on the right track there. ROFLOL

Now I know why I didn't do a GF application, nor do I put my photo in my avatar. I really don't want David to know who I am and what I write here sometimes. LOL Face


well i had not one but two gf apps in there AND i gave them to him. he totally does know who i am and yet he still looks me in the eye..and doesn't appear to be scared.. so no harm in it Razz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just went back and watched the video of his reaction to the GF apps. That was priceless. ROFLOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oh, Stacy, I never actually saw it either!! You just told me about it while we standing in 30 degree weather for 2 hours at the buses in Niagara Falls. Please can I read it too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

aw sorry i didnt mean it like that. my app was normal..lol not dominatrixish..so it wouldn't care him ..i was trying to point out to nicole its ok to put ur pic in ur avi or have sent in an app ..thats all i meant sorry Saddest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OK, now I gotta go watch that video too. I'm off to find it on youtube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i haven't watched it in forever either. but i hate the sound of my own voice..so um no thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yes, you are good. Should we ask him when we see him next about the GF applications!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@vsteph1 wrote:
@Nicole wrote:
@Nicole wrote:
@pn112 wrote:
Stacy, maybe he can't look you in the eye because he read your GF application and he knows you wrote it! ROFLOLROFLOLROFLOLROFLOL


Sorry, that was just too much for me to resist!!


Hmm, you may be on the right track there. ROFLOL

Now I know why I didn't do a GF application, nor do I put my photo in my avatar. I really don't want David to know who I am and what I write here sometimes. LOL Face


ha-HA! I left myself wide open for that one, didn't I? I had completely forgotten about my application. Well, okay, the last time I met him is explained then! I'll always wonder if he thought about that application during his famous "Nothing says love like a dog collar" banter. ROFLOL


I never actually SAW your application and your photo to go with it, where is it? We are ALL Innocent


Just make sure your sitting down when your reading it. It was my favorite. And have some kleenex, because your gonna need it from all the laughing.


I can see why dear Dave averted his gaze now in the presence of Stacy, he was just playing his submissive role. LOL Face

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
datar164asa wrote:
Well the best place would be Tulsa. That would be perfect! hehe


lol why? so all his friends can snicker about it too LOL Face

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Nicole wrote:
@vsteph1 wrote:
@Nicole wrote:
@Nicole wrote:
@pn112 wrote:
Stacy, maybe he can't look you in the eye because he read your GF application and he knows you wrote it! ROFLOLROFLOLROFLOLROFLOL


Sorry, that was just too much for me to resist!!


Hmm, you may be on the right track there. ROFLOL

Now I know why I didn't do a GF application, nor do I put my photo in my avatar. I really don't want David to know who I am and what I write here sometimes. LOL Face


ha-HA! I left myself wide open for that one, didn't I? I had completely forgotten about my application. Well, okay, the last time I met him is explained then! I'll always wonder if he thought about that application during his famous "Nothing says love like a dog collar" banter. ROFLOL


I never actually SAW your application and your photo to go with it, where is it? We are ALL Innocent


Just make sure your sitting down when your reading it. It was my favorite. And have some kleenex, because your gonna need it from all the laughing.


I can see why dear Dave averted his gaze now in the presence of Stacy, he was just playing his submissive role. LOL Face


Yes he likes that *smack SMACK* hehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@Nicole wrote:
@vsteph1 wrote:
@Nicole wrote:
@Nicole wrote:
@pn112 wrote:
Stacy, maybe he can't look you in the eye because he read your GF application and he knows you wrote it! ROFLOLROFLOLROFLOLROFLOL


Sorry, that was just too much for me to resist!!


Hmm, you may be on the right track there. ROFLOL

Now I know why I didn't do a GF application, nor do I put my photo in my avatar. I really don't want David to know who I am and what I write here sometimes. LOL Face


ha-HA! I left myself wide open for that one, didn't I? I had completely forgotten about my application. Well, okay, the last time I met him is explained then! I'll always wonder if he thought about that application during his famous "Nothing says love like a dog collar" banter. ROFLOL


I never actually SAW your application and your photo to go with it, where is it? We are ALL Innocent


Just make sure your sitting down when your reading it. It was my favorite. And have some kleenex, because your gonna need it from all the laughing.


I can see why dear Dave averted his gaze now in the presence of Stacy, he was just playing his submissive role. LOL Face


Laughing So Hard You Okay, that's the funniest mental image I've had in a long time - thank you for that! Laughing hystericall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG, cookiedough, you've just been caught up in the WNs gone wild!!! I really didn't mean to set them all off!! It's just we've all been Dweeb-less for so long now, the insanity is setting in. All this talking about Dave is just more than any of us can handle!!! Apologies for kidnapping your thread!!!

Anyone out there got any more Dave encounters to share?

*runs off to the right dressing thread to be naughty (er)* Run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@vsteph1 wrote:
I was so nervous when I talked to him I had no bubble of calm. lol. I had to force myself to remember what it was I wanted to say because my mind wanted to totally crap out on me. The eye contact surprised me. It was amazing. I just thought, wow, he's looking me right in the eye and paying attention to what I had to say. I wouldn't trade that moment with him for all the money in the world.


Omg, this totally happened to me. It was awful. I was at one end of the barricade around the buses. I waited for ever and ever hoping he would come out, but during all that time I wasn't prepared for my reaction when he actually stepped off the bus. I just KNEW that I wasn't going to act like a fool. I was convinced I would be perfectly fine and would ask him to sign my ticket and say hi, ask how he was doing, etc. I was like, I'm ok, I'm going to act totally normal when he comes out here. Anyway, the end of the barricade I was on was right next to the bus, and the other end was all the way over by the back. We waited and waited, and suddenly he steps out and I was like Shocked a deer in the headlights. My mind stopped...and went blank. It's like I stepped out of my body for a minute and was a robot. My first thought after he stepped out: Holy crap. He's standing right there a few feet from me. My second thought: oh please, PLEASE let him start on the other end so that I have time to regain consciousness and think of something to say (because everything I had thought of before flew out my ear). But oh no...he started on my end. There were 3 or 4 ladies in front of me and if felt like he was to me in like 2 seconds. I can't believe I even had the will to hand him my ticket. I held it out, and he looked right at me and I was like ShockedShocked And mentally like Thud_old I'm not exaggerating when I say things were bit fuzzy at that point. When I think back on it...on seeing his eyes looking at me...it's like there is a hazy fog all around. LOL. I couldn't bring myself to say a WORD to him. He signed my ticket and handed it back...and I actually got my arm to move enough to take it from him. Then as he was walking away I somehow managed a "Thank you!" and then he was gone. Omg, I feel like such a dorky fool when I think about all of that. I mean, I actually had the chance to say something to him, and I totally blew it. I can't even imagine what he thought when he looked at me. I mean, my hair looking nasty and going everywhere in combination with my face going DUHHHH....He was probably like, whoooaaa.... Suspect
Gah....I just really hope I get the chance to talk to him again and actually MEET him. I can't believe I didn't even say hi! I mean CensoredCensored what was I thinking!! Oh yeah, right, I wasn't thinking anything because my brain turned to mush. Saddest Bah.

I'm got so jealous reading everyone describing what he looked like meeting him. All I saw when he was standing there was his face, lolol. I was too out of it to see anything else. I vaguely remember that he was smaller than I expected, but other than that any other observation would be meaningless lol. I couldn't even tell you how tall he was (a lot taller than me I'm guessing, based upon what I read, lol).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
breann, I was lucky because I was for warned that the brain turn to mush thing would happen. Others told me to practice what I wanted to say over and over again and then stay focused. So that is exactly what I did. I still didnt remember everything. I forgot to ask him how he was doing. But the second time I met him I did better. So when you meet him again just practice what you wanted to say and be determined to not let your mind turn to mush. Stay focused. He is so sweet and cool. Once you say hi and he says hi, and he looks you in the eye, he waits for you to say whatever you want to say. He actually lets you talk. It's really cool. He is such a sweetheart of a guy. God, the world needs more men like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My personal observations from the hockey game and psa shoot/interview:

I got the rare opportunity to be with him at work and at play and I found him to be the same (personality wise) as he comes across on tv and on stage. He was funny (snarky even) in the best way. He was relaxed and seemed to be enjoying everything he was doing even during the part when we were shuffling him quickly from place to place and when I was babbling to him about God only knows what. lol

There were 6 versions of the psa (indicating different geographical locations) and when we were recording them, he really only needed to do one (that covered the major area we were promoting) and even though he was about to be late to a radio interview and I told him that recording just one of them would be plenty...he insisted on doing the rest and did this "wave off motion" with his hand and said "awww no I can knock them all out quickly...the radio thing can wait". Smile

He was appreciative of everything and accommodating to everyone he met for a brief moment and to me and my people as well (and we had him basically trapped in a room for 30 mins and he had to see me for almost 5 hours solid-lol). He really paid attention to what everyone said to him and engaged in conversation after conversation. He was not reserved at all, like he felt like he had to "keep up an appearance". He was just himself. It was genuine too. Actually, if I had to sum him up in one word I would say he was genuine.

I guess that's why when I see him now I really, REALLY feel bad when people bombard him and are pushy and act all freaky and demanding like he owes them something just because he is in their presence. I don't think I could be half that gracious in those situations. Actually, I think I'd freak out and have a full on out tantrum on someone...EVEN if I mentally chalked up the freaky attention as part of the "price" of being a celebrity.

Physically he was much taller than I thought...his eyes are greener...and he has absolutely flawless skin. Girls would KILL to have his complexion.

As I am reading this back, I realize that my description almost sounds boring...lol...but I swear...he is what you think he is. He's just a really nice, funny, genuine guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MeltMeltMelt
My heart literally melts reading this thread. OMG, David, would you be my boyfriend? Awww LoveVery Happy

Dang, now I have the urge to fly to US and meet him NOW. Thanks a lot! :lol!:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@tvchild wrote:

Physically he was much taller than I thought...his eyes are greener...and he has absolutely flawless skin. Girls would KILL to have his complexion.



Yeah, I noticed the perfect porcelain skin. I was rather jealous! ROFLOL

In reference to the other posts - it's weird, but my brain has never turned to mush when I've seen him (even if only two brief encounters). Am I somewhat immune to his charms? LOL Face I guess I see him more as a regular guy than anything, maybe that's why.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You guys are so funny! I've been giggling as things went wild, so to speak. Heeee.

Thanks to everyone for their comments. Now I am more determined than ever to meet/see DC, ASAP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You guys are so funny! I've been giggling as things went wild, so to speak. Heeee.

Thanks to everyone for their comments. Now I am more determined than ever to meet/see DC, ASAP!


bounce So does that mean you're going to Muskifest??!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was so nervous when I meet him (there was no bubble of calm for me either LOL Face) so I don't remember much but I do remember thet he is more beautiful in person and that he has a perfect porcelain skin. I don't know whether he made an eye contect (well, tried to at least) because I think I was looking at the floor the whole time. Not even practicing what I want to say helped me, I knew exactly what I want to say to him, but when he was actually there in front of me I couldn't remember a thing. I was lucky that he asked me if I wanted a hug. LOL Face

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've met him a few times, like 4 or 5 I think. First time was Idols tour and there truly is a wave of calm that comes over you. I was shaking like a leaf and then he got right in front of me and it was calming. Granted he asked which way to spell Megan and I had no idea how he spelled it until I looked at the autograph later. lol It does get better each time. Oh and some times he says random stuff that leaves you scratching your head. Like, there was an article about me in my local newspaper when he came to town and there was a picture that I had taken of the 2 of us at Idols. Anywho, I explained it to him and asked him to sign it. As I am explaining it and he is looking at it, he kept grinning and saying "Hell Yeah!" I swear he said it like 3 times. I was thinking, what does, "Hell yeah mean Dave ?" So then he asked me to sign it because I was kind of a big deal too. I'm thinking "I see my autograph every day Dave, but what ever you say" lol.

Physical appearance, he does look smaller face to face, not in height, but in stature. Actually, my mom met him for the first time in Springfield and as we were walking away she was talking about how skinny he's gotten. I told her he had always been that size, he just looks much bigger on TV, in pictures, etc. He is pretty tall, I'm 5'3" and he's probably a little less than a foot taller than me. Ryan is a good foot or so taller than me, so David is shorter than Ryan and Neal both, cause Neal towers me too. David treats you no different at a barricade than he would if you run into him in the bar. I've been in both situations and he is truly just the most nice and genuine dude you will ever meet. All 5 of them are actually.

Good luck, hope this helps, and I really hope you meet him soon Smile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I have to agree with the fact that his is MUCH more beautiful in person. The one to one interaction and his personality make him so much more attractive in my opinion. He is smaller than I expected. But most of all, his facial features are amazing...his eyes, lips, scruff......damn....I need to see this boy again SOON!!! LOL! love plode

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@breann wrote:
@vsteph1 wrote:
I was so nervous when I talked to him I had no bubble of calm. lol. I had to force myself to remember what it was I wanted to say because my mind wanted to totally crap out on me. The eye contact surprised me. It was amazing. I just thought, wow, he's looking me right in the eye and paying attention to what I had to say. I wouldn't trade that moment with him for all the money in the world.


Omg, this totally happened to me. It was awful. I was at one end of the barricade around the buses. I waited for ever and ever hoping he would come out, but during all that time I wasn't prepared for my reaction when he actually stepped off the bus. I just KNEW that I wasn't going to act like a fool. I was convinced I would be perfectly fine and would ask him to sign my ticket and say hi, ask how he was doing, etc. I was like, I'm ok, I'm going to act totally normal when he comes out here. Anyway, the end of the barricade I was on was right next to the bus, and the other end was all the way over by the back. We waited and waited, and suddenly he steps out and I was like Shocked a deer in the headlights. My mind stopped...and went blank. It's like I stepped out of my body for a minute and was a robot. My first thought after he stepped out: Holy crap. He's standing right there a few feet from me. My second thought: oh please, PLEASE let him start on the other end so that I have time to regain consciousness and think of something to say (because everything I had thought of before flew out my ear). But oh no...he started on my end. There were 3 or 4 ladies in front of me and if felt like he was to me in like 2 seconds. I can't believe I even had the will to hand him my ticket. I held it out, and he looked right at me and I was like ShockedShocked And mentally like Thud_old I'm not exaggerating when I say things were bit fuzzy at that point. When I think back on it...on seeing his eyes looking at me...it's like there is a hazy fog all around. LOL. I couldn't bring myself to say a WORD to him. He signed my ticket and handed it back...and I actually got my arm to move enough to take it from him. Then as he was walking away I somehow managed a "Thank you!" and then he was gone. Omg, I feel like such a dorky fool when I think about all of that. I mean, I actually had the chance to say something to him, and I totally blew it. I can't even imagine what he thought when he looked at me. I mean, my hair looking nasty and going everywhere in combination with my face going DUHHHH....He was probably like, whoooaaa.... Suspect
Gah....I just really hope I get the chance to talk to him again and actually MEET him. I can't believe I didn't even say hi! I mean CensoredCensored what was I thinking!! Oh yeah, right, I wasn't thinking anything because my brain turned to mush. Saddest Bah.

I'm got so jealous reading everyone describing what he looked like meeting him. All I saw when he was standing there was his face, lolol. I was too out of it to see anything else. I vaguely remember that he was smaller than I expected, but other than that any other observation would be meaningless lol. I couldn't even tell you how tall he was (a lot taller than me I'm guessing, based upon what I read, lol).





Ohhhhh, noooooo ....

This thread is doing nothing good for my nerves. I will see him in person for the first time ever this Thursday in Del Mar. After two months of thinking about this ... I still have absolutely no idea what I will say if I get to meet him. I just have this awful fear that I will freeze up and go mute and do ... THIS: Shocked

Sigh.
Maybe I should just bring a bell. Terry\'s fav word

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
@tvchild wrote:
Physically he was much taller than I thought...his eyes are greener...and he has absolutely flawless skin. Girls would KILL to have his complexion.

As I am reading this back, I realize that my description almost sounds boring...lol...but I swear...he is what you think he is. He's just a really nice, funny, genuine guy.


Awww LoveThud! I dream with the day I could meet him - if God helps me, it may happen next August Fingers Crossed!!! - and gave my own impressions about how he looks in person.
But all that I read here, matches with the idea I have about him: not as tall as he looks at videos and pics, more gorgeous in person, nice, sweet, fun, with a very special aura.... !!!Awww LoveThud!
I hope I could control my nerves and don't Thud! of emotion !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Figured I would chime in here, too.

The very first time that I saw him was in Charlotte on the Idol tour. I was standing closer to what I thought was the "end" of the barricades because the main doors leading out of the venue were at the opposite end of the line. Turns out we were in the spot where David and Carly ran straight over to when they walked out. I remember seeing him for the first time and not really believing that he was standing a few feet from me. I pulled out my camera to take a video, but my hands were shaking and by the time David actually got to me my camera was dangling from my wrist, still recording. LOL flag During that "meeting" that I really didn't consider a meeting, I managed to get my 8x10 signed and when he asked if one of my friend's gifts was actually for him, I somehow managed a "Yeah." For the longest time afterwards, I was so embarrassed and I regretted not being able to find anything to say.

It was that first encounter that pushed me to finally talk to him when I met him in Campbell. Of course, I freaked when I first saw him...but once I walked over to him and he looked at me, and he ended up telling me Happy Birthday after my mom mentioned that I'd turned 18 the day before the concert, I knew that I wasn't going to freeze up again. So I told him about the gift, and it was only after I was back in the car on the way to the hotel that it really hit me that I'd spoken to him...actual coherent words. And my third encounter with him in Radford was by far the best because I felt so incredibly comfortable around him by then...I got my hug and I made him laugh when I showed him our pic together from Campbell. Very Happy

As for physical appearance, he was taller than I expected, though he and I are about the same height. And to echo all of the other comments about him being even more beautiful in person, I completely agree. You can't help but notice everything about him in a brand new way...in a way that you never believed was possible. At least that's how it was with me. And those eyes...I can't say enough about the way that he looks at each person in such a way that you can tell he cherishes each conversation, no matter how long or short.

Ok, rant over...sorry this post was so long!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I saw him once and I felt that he was thinner that I thought and pale... i loved both things. And i feel that when he is on the stage he is like very potent, very strong, but down the stage he is a extremely sweet, humble, he has a great aura around him.

By the way, how tall is he exactly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I thought that he was 5'10''
I'm 5'3'' so everybody looks huge by my side... and reading here that you said that he looks shorter in person makes me doubt a little bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.