Quote :
# Thursday, July 30th / Doors 6:30PM

* On sale Friday at noon:
* David Cook
* The Declaration Tour
An all-ages to enter, 21 to drink event
* $29.50 + applicable service charges

Source

I was originally SO FREAKING happy about this tour date. 40 minutes away from my house.

...I can't go. I'll be down the shore in Wildwood the whole week. The one show I ask for in my state..and I can't go Very Sad

Guest Guest

I'm so sorry, DCook91. That sucks! The shore in Wildwood sounds fun, though.

Oh ... and I love you, David Cook. Too far! Great

Yeah I figured this would happen. Ugh I don't even know if I can get there. Actually screw that I am definitely going. I might get there when he starts but I don't care. This venue is perfect for him and I love it! But during a New Found Glory concert I was getting pushed into the bar. It is extremely tiny and surrounded by bars. This one I'll be by the bar!!!!

And actually it looks hopeful that there will be a new york date jul31 but of course I won't be able to go!!!! Blah!!! Crossing my fingers that there won't be a new york date but friday is the most feasible date!

Ugh how can I get off 3 days in one week. Whatever I will figure it out. I'll be there.

Yay!

and Boo! It definitely looks GA:

And on a Thursday no less. Ah well, I'll be there - in the very back 'cause I can't afford to take the day off work. Plus I'm over GA lines.

yeah I'll be ok with that since I have to work too and might be just in time for DWEEB to take the stage. I'll be OK with no seeing the opening band as long as I don't miss David's set I'm OK with that!

By the way, the title should read Starland not Stanland

Yeah it is GA. That's one of the reasons I am so excited. I love GA!

EveAngelical wrote:
I'm so sorry, DCook91. That sucks! The shore in Wildwood sounds fun, though.

Oh ... and I love you, David Cook. Too far! Great

Yeah, thanks for GOING AWAY. Razz

Those people look incredibly excited to be there in that pic. LOL Face

I hate GA! lol.

I hate having to stand for at least 3-4 hours, no sitting before the opening act or between acts. I hate that I can't go to the bathroom or get a drink unless I'm willing to lose my spot or piss a shitload of people off trying to get back to it. I hate that to be close to the stage I would have to invest at least 12 hours. I hate being shoved and jostled all night. I hate not being able to see even if I'm only a few rows back because the floor is flat unlike in a theater with seating.

I'd much rather assigned seats!

Yeah those parts of GA suck but the advantage of getting up front without having to get extrememly lucky or spend a fortune to the scalpers is worth it. I am going to be miserable at Foxwoods because of how far back my seat is. I know, that is pathetic, but for me, being up in front of that stage, so close the lights burn your eyes and the bass makes your chest vibrate is like heaven.

So while I hate the whole wait in line, no seats, ect stuff, I love the freedom it gives me to get to my happy place.

I'm with Chele but this venue is so small that it doesn't matter where you stand. But for the record I had a bad experience there by getting shoved into the bar. There is a plus that the bar is on the floor area! I'm ok with not being up front with this one but I know it's going to piss my boss off that I have to leave at 6pm to get there by 8pm which I will probably miss opening act. But it would be the ultimate sin if I don't go to this show.

This venue is quite the trip. It doesn't have enough parking so they make you park across the street. And there is a junk yard in the way back. And honestly there is little room for the buses just one little area. I hope for a meet and greet at this one!!! Because it could work since it's in the middle of nowhere. It's off the beaten path of the highway!

Should not have Google Map this one. Its 15 miles south of the town my brother lives in. It would be so rude to just go in for the show and its too expensive to bring the kids for a long weekend. Or is it.....hmmmmmm

Guest Guest
I'm going to have to skip this one it's on a work night and I wouldn't be able to get up there in time. Sucks that he's in my state and I can't go. But I have Foxwoods that week so I'll survive.

I've seen some shows there. No matter where you stand, you have a pretty close view. I'm sure your chances of meeting him there will be great as well.

The train doesn't go there, does it?

You have to take the train to South Amboy, which is the next town over...and there IS a bus to NY that runs through Sayreville and I think it passes by Starland. I have a friend who lives two blocks from Starland, so I'll have to ask her about the transportation.

If I can get off work early, I may be able to make it down there, but I won't get there until late.

Yeah, Carol, let me know any public transportation you know of. Chele... you can come stay at my place the night before and we can take the train out of Point Pleasant if you want.

Guest Guest
My daughter has been to concerts at this venue. When I told her that David was playing there she started cracking up. She said it's small and it gets REALLY packed in there. Then she started talking about the mosh pits there and getting banged around during the shows etc. I had to laugh as I explained to her that this was DAVID COOK not Bullet For My Valentine or another of her bands.

According to Ticketmaster, there's apparently a presale, but I can't seem to find a code anywhere...

You have to take the train to South Amboy, which is the next town over...and there IS a bus to NY that runs through Sayreville and I think it passes by Starland. I have a friend who lives two blocks from Starland, so I'll have to ask her about the transportation.

If I can get off work early, I may be able to make it down there, but I won't get there until late.

A bus would do. Because I have to work, then either take a train to my parents' house to get a car and then go down (lots of time), or borrow the car and park it in the city near where I work all day (LOTS of money) if there's no public transportation there. *wrings hands*

A bus would do. Because I have to work, then either take a train to my parents' house to get a car and then go down (lots of time), or borrow the car and park it in the city near where I work all day (LOTS of money) if there's no public transportation there. *wrings hands*

I checked the schedules...looks like the bus doesn't run very late--unless there's another company that passes thru town. The train to South Amboy is the best bet if you're not using a car...it runs back to NY every hour and the last one out of town is a little after midnight.

datar164asa wrote:
Where is the presale? Tickemaster says presale but for what??!!

That's what's confusing...it says there's a presale for tomorrow, but I looked everywhere and there's no code to be found. But with the show on a weeknight, I don't think we have anything to worry about if there is a presale and we have to wait until Friday...

I looked at that site, too...maybe we should guess based on the other ones from other shows...I've seen 'declaration', 'cook' and 'idols'...we'll get one right! LOL flag

Bon Jovi used to play in that very same venue before he made it big!! He is originally from Sayreville, maybe there will be some Livin' on a prayer!!!!

I still really wish I could go to this! Very Sad Stupid vacation! lol

Just in case anyone else is going to this, you might want to consider the parking thing, it apparently lets you get in with people who have been waiting.

Quote :
How does StarParking work?

It's simple. When you buy a ticket to a Starland event, you have the option to purchase StarParking passes for an extra charge. Why purchase StarParking? Because a StarParking pass guarantees up-close parking for the purchaser's designated vehicle and line privileges for everyone in the vehicle. Line privileges doesn't mean you get in early or necessarily first. It does mean that you get in with the people at the front of the line - many of whom have been waiting for hours - regardless of when you arrive.

my crazy ass just bought a ticket to this show. WTF am i thinking. why kim?? why have u no self control???

Just in case anyone else is going to this, you might want to consider the parking thing, it apparently lets you get in with people who have been waiting.

Quote :
How does StarParking work?

It's simple. When you buy a ticket to a Starland event, you have the option to purchase StarParking passes for an extra charge. Why purchase StarParking? Because a StarParking pass guarantees up-close parking for the purchaser's designated vehicle and line privileges for everyone in the vehicle. Line privileges doesn't mean you get in early or necessarily first. It does mean that you get in with the people at the front of the line - many of whom have been waiting for hours - regardless of when you arrive.

sorry i am way late on this....but....do you guys trust this star parking thing? i am undecided. i bought it just for the parking spot, but now i see this and it gets me all nervous.....i'd hate to roll in at 4:00 with my parking pass and expect to get right up front and then not be able to for whatever reason. is it worth the risk? discuss......

We have the parking pass but are still rolling up in the early AM. The parking pass only lets you in at the times doors open, but it clearly states, "You won't be first or necessarily front". I'm thinking it might be like the HOB Front of Line you get when you purchase something in their gift shop or eat at the restaruant. Basically there will be two lines, "Parking pass line" "regular line". Parking pass line goes in the building first, in the order in which you are lined up and arrived. Then the regular line goes in.

I don't know if that is how it works, but that is how it sounds. Not sure though.

We got the parking pass for parking too, haha. The parking seems a little helpful, I looked into it some more, and also asked my friend who was at Starland recently.The Star-Parking line is apparently on the other side of the building, and you get to park closer to the venue. They do let the star-parking line in first, and in the past they've let people sit in their cars in order and then get out just as they were letting the line in.

I know we're still going early too, but I can't be there wicked early in the morning, so Im crossing my fingers that things hold true. My best friends coming with me, and its her birthday present, so Im really hoping things work out well this time around and we end up at least some-what close to the stage. It doesn't matter too much I guess, Im just excited cause this will be my first DWEEB concert (:

ya i am going.. sayreville is like 40 minutes from me and my mom is coming with me... i got the starparking too

im kinda confused on starparking though... like do the people who have it got in befoer the regular line?

Yes, that seems to be the deal. Starparking people apparently go on a totally separate line (I heard its on the other side of the building.) and then they get to go in like 5-10 mins before everyone on the other line.

oo wow.. i didnt no that ......is starpakring available to everyone who buys ticekts or is it a limited amount of these starparking?

I don't know anything about the Star Parking stuff. My friend got our tix and she was planning on getting there early and I was going to meet her sometime.

I remember I drove by this place when a band I liked was playing but I couldn't go to the show because I had other plans. But I couldn't even park to see if the guys from the band were around because parking was like $6 or something! I was like, wtf? Razz

Venues are very good at making money off us diehard fans, that's for sure!

yeah....star parking was like $18, right? plus the TM fees? i can;t remember and my tickets are at home, but i think that's what it was. $18!! at first i was like 'this is insane!' but then i thought about trying to find a spot and all the hassle of parking far away and i just said eff it and bought it....i guess i'm glad now?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.