Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
*Nicole*

*SPOILERS* 6/27 Aspen, CO (tweets, pics, videos, recaps)

Jeannie wrote:
This is the place to post all recaps, pics and vids of the 6/27 Aspen, CO concert. We hope everyone going has a great time and remember the rest of us live vicariously through you! Very Happy

We would appreciate it if everyone posting here take the following guidelines into account. They are intended to respect our members as well as people who are not part of our forum and to make the concert threads as easy to read as possible. Very Happy

1. We would like to emphasize that we will not tolerate any more talk about fan behavior that involves any bashing, naming names or personal details. Ignoring this warning will earn members a 24 hour ban. Discussion of any retaliation or physical harm against another fan for any reason, will potentially result in a permanent ban from this board!

2. All pics have to be 800 px max in width or if you are unable to resize them, just post a link to them (resizing in Photobucket is really easy). If we find pics larger than that, we will replace them with their appropriate links. We'll keep a tally of those people breaking this guideline. If you break the pic posting rule 3 times, you will earn a temporary ban.

3. Please - especially when posting photos and videos - give credit to the photographer (or writer of a recap).

Quote :
dc_cookie82 There is NO one here its the tiniest place. We r first in line

brookie8281 Ok I feel weird we are first in line and people are out shopping! This place is tiny!! And it's cold out! http://twitpic.com/8kudp

Not necessarily. LOL Face 10 am is considered late for most shows. We usually get there at 1 am and are the 2nd group there.

Yeah, very weird that it's 10 and they are the only ones there!

Glad the GUYS are fine.

The crew? Welll......

Quote :
Played the greatest prank on david cook's crew tonight.Hope they got on the plane ok.They are probably being stripped searched rt about now

-Twitter from Ryan Star

Bahahaha Ryan is a little demon!! I hope we find out what he did.

@cjester27 wrote:
Glad the GUYS are fine.

The crew? Welll......

Quote :
Played the greatest prank on david cook's crew tonight.Hope they got on the plane ok.They are probably being stripped searched rt about now

-Twitter from Ryan Star

ROFLOL What did Ryan do now?

LOL, can't wait to hear what happened..

Good luck with getting a good place in there! Can't wait to hear the recaps!

Aspen is beautiful!!

I think they managed to get all the equipment in this place! Its a very small venue so it doesn't really matter where you sit you are going to have an excellent view! Its very very nice here and we have a beautiful view!

100_8110.jpg

so by now u all have heard abotu the sign that they has about dave saying :

"david cook (with ryan star) a jazz, bassist, vocalist/composer, and an acappella soul/R&B group who replicate instruments with their voices."

i write dave and told him what it said and was like WTF for real??lol is this a new show? i also told him i pointed it out to johnny when he walked by and hes like UM HUH? then art and jason came by and i pointed it out to them and they were cracking up. art was like hey who did this and calleld some guy over and hes all its not my fault. jason is like im fuckin putting this on facebook and takes a pic. about an hour later a girl comes out to change it and janes all yeah we twit picked it and we told him about it. and the girl is all WHAT and jane ( yes im busting u out jane cause u did me) and janes all well i didnt tell him she did and points to me. i had literally just sent him the message so i felt bad but he had already read it so i couldnt delete it. i had to write another saying dont get her fired cause the poor girl was all u just cost me my job thanks. but like for reals jason sent everyone else in the crew out to look at it so its not like he wouldnt find out.

I think they managed to get all the equipment in this place! Its a very small venue so it doesn't really matter where you sit you are going to have an excellent view! Its very very nice here and we have a beautiful view!

100_8110.jpg

How cute is the venue and the city!!!!!!!!

Awww, it looks adorable there!

Oh geez, that girl is probably worried sick now.. but wouldn't it be fun to say David Cook got me fired?! LOL Face

"david cook (with ryan star) a jazz, bassist, vocalist/composer, and an acappella soul/R&B group who replicate instruments with their voices."

i write dave and told him what it said and was like WTF for real??lol is this a new show? i also told him i pointed it out to johnny when he walked by and hes like UM HUH? then art and jason came by and i pointed it out to them and they were cracking up. art was like hey who did this and calleld some guy over and hes all its not my fault. jason is like im fuckin putting this on facebook and takes a pic. about an hour later a girl comes out to change it and janes all yeah we twit picked it and we told him about it. and the girl is all WHAT and jane ( yes im busting u out jane cause u did me) and janes all well i didnt tell him she did and points to me. i had literally just sent him the message so i felt bad but he had already read it so i couldnt delete it. i had to write another saying dont get her fired cause the poor girl was all u just cost me my job thanks. but like for reals jason sent everyone else in the crew out to look at it so its not like he wouldnt find out.

OMG that is so funny!!! LOL Face Hope the girl doesn't get fired! Hey, I wouldn't mind if I got fired because of David.

That's actually not the venue in that picture, it's a building across the street! But the town is super cute, tons of stores, people out strolling, everyone has a dog, there's a little street closed off to traffic with a water feature kids are playing in and a balloon twisting guy and a stand selling panini on grilled flatbread - could not be more different from the seedy urban scene of yesterday with homeless bums constantly asking us for money and some skeevy guy who pulled down his pants in the alley next to the venue when we were talking to Ryan and his band!!!

Yes, I did rat out Kim for being the one who sent the info about the hilariously incorrect poster to David - that poor girl, but come on, she made a big mistake and she can't expect no one to have noticed! I actually also sent Dave a message telling him it had been replaced with a correct one, and anyway every time someone comes by to look at the sign when they see us and are trying to figure out who is playing, we were telling them the correct info about David!

@*Nicole* wrote:
Guys are there already... wow they're early!!!!

Actually no, we don't have any info that the band or David is here. We've only seen the crew and their bus. Don't know about the boys.

Oh yeah, and I'm liking the lines here in CO, me and Alison are 3rd & 4th in line right behind Kim & Brooke! We got here at 11 (of course pretty much anyone hard core coming who would line up during the day at all was also at Denver and it took 3.5 to 4 hours to drive here especially because there was a massive bike ride of like 1,000 people that we all had to pass but very carefully as these were narrow curvy mountain roads with only 1 lane in each direction!)

It's 1:38 here now and there are still only 9 of us in line! We have seen a couple people come by though - one woman was buying tickets and I was able to sell her the extra one I had since hnrysmm couldn't come, so that was good!

there is only one enterance we are sitting right by it and a few feet away and exit. both within eyesight. there is no way they could sneak by us. the crew had to take a tiny elevator down and like each peice of equiptment one by one. i hope connie gets here soon. shes got the hotel info. brooke and i were all we will just shower and chagne later figuirng shed be here. brooke looks fine to me shes put on jeans and a hoodie but im in last nights t shirt (that i also slept in) a hoodie and like some sweatshorts and flip flops. no makeup and im wearing my jazzercise jonas headband! like for realz??!! i didnt know wed be in the middle of a quant little shopping town with a million people strolling by probably thinking im homeless!!

Wait, so the venue had a sign advertising David and Ryan, but it called him a jazz bassist?! WTFROFLOL

Were they mistaking Dave for Jazzercise Joey, the basist?! LOL

we passed a jazzercise earlier and i was cracking up. im wearing my headband now. and he will be able to see it too. yaaayy!!!

OMG that is funny!!! ROFLOL

Mandy just twittered that we have a cellcaster for tonight. Dont know if I'll be there. Spending time with my dad

shes standing right next to me and will be in the front. hopefully u all will get great sound!

Guest Guest
The sign error is probably due to the fact that there is a jazz musician with the same name.

You all are cracking me up. Everyone have a great time, Aspen looks gorgeous!

Could I put in a humble request for BBS video if anyone gets a chance and it wouldn't disrupt anything else you wanted to film? Thank you so much in advance!

yeah we knew about the jazz david cook. but its their job to get their facts straight. the mistake should never have been made in the first place.

we were joking that a bunch of locals will show up expecting this mellow jazz show and then hereos will erupt and they will be like Shocked quite a few people have already stopped and asked what we were waiting for ( there are less than 10 of us) i guess we are quite a spectacle! they say most locals show up whenever and leave whenever so im thinking when ryan starts there will be like 20 people there.

Only 10? Wow. Intimate show FTW!

Guest Guest
I hope someone got pics of that sign!!

Guest Guest
Thanks Molly!

Guest Guest
yeah we knew about the jazz david cook. but its their job to get their facts straight. the mistake should never have been made in the first place.

I don't think everyone knew about the jazz musician, judging by a few posts. That's why I said that.

And big whip on a small mistake that was fixed.

one of the girls husbands who was here said he thought there was a jazz musician by that name so we all had laptops and looked it up. so actually we did know. but anyway.. brooke and i are done changing and heading back tpo the line. of course as we are going to leave the bus pulls up. we waited around a while but as i said we looked homeless so we are like screw it we want showers.

I knew that there was more than one "David Cook" in the musical industry (albeit in different facets), but the event staff should have found out which David Cook was performing before that sign was made. Yeah, it's funny as hell, and yes the mistake was fixed. No biggie. But still. Who was asleep on the job the day that sign was made, hm? Suspect

and heres the thing. there was a huge poster with the correct info on it a few feet over. it said AI season 7 winner etc. then there were flyers that were the exact same as the psoter that was wrong but the flyer had the right info. ergo it being a pretty big mistake!

The sign was hilarious!!! They did fix it, so all is well. Yes, Kim and Brooke, the next couple of shows for you guys are in little picturesque hamlets like Aspen. It's absolutely beautiful there. Glad you are getting views from the line!

Have a great time, you guys!!

one of the girls husbands who was here said he thought there was a jazz musician by that name so we all had laptops and looked it up. so actually we did know. but anyway.. brooke and i are done changing and heading back tpo the line. of course as we are going to leave the bus pulls up. we waited around a while but as i said we looked homeless so we are like screw it we want showers.

They always pull up when we are looking our finest!

@Prissy wrote:

100_8110.jpg

How cute is the venue and the city!!!!!!!!
looks like the view on the outside is as beautiful as the view on the inside is going to be tonight when DWEEB hits the stage.

Guest Guest
@Jul wrote:

They always pull up when we are looking our finest!

I look at it this way. I'm a 47 year old chubby average looking mom. It's not going to make an iota of difference if I am looking like a homeless person who hasn't changed or showered in a few days or I am showered, dressed up and looking my best. Either way it's not like David Cook is going to be possessed with a sudden urge to run away with me. I'd guess that unless you're a pretty thing with a nice body that he doesn't even notice what any of us wear or how our hair/make up is done. Unless of course your clothing or jewelry is plastered with his image. So I refuse to feel any angst over the fact that I looked like a soggy dish rag at the New Haven show lol.

Exactly Barb.

And the way I look at it is that usually David looks more homeless then I do.

Guest Guest
LOL Face Very true, Chele.

And Barb I'm Not Worthy! Words of wisdom.

I suppose since he DOES generally wear the same thing multiple days in a row, it really shouldn't matter. LOL Face

Guest Guest
Hope y'all there have a great time! Aspen looks really beautiful!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.