Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

*Spoilers* 7/5 Galveston, TX (pics, videos, recaps, tweets)

Guest Guest

GGgggrrrr to security Ninja Pirate Battle!

Quote :

aggiegeek11: Ahhhhh! david cook is almost on stage. i saw him walking behind the stage. hes whiter than i thought.

Spotted dave behind stage holding Dublin. Security are being assholes about us standing up.

Ugh, it's a rock show!

Guest Guest
He will tell them to get up and out of their seats!!

Guest Guest
Thats right Barb..... Nobody puts us WNs in the corner.... lol

Yahoo! for Jody! I'm glad she is having a good time at the show.

I don't understand security at a concert telling people to sit. Ugh!

@Prissy wrote:
Quote :

aggiegeek11: Ahhhhh! david cook is almost on stage. i saw him walking behind the stage. hes whiter than i thought.

And he has a bit of a tan now, doesn't he? ROFLOL

(Disclaimer: Note: I'm even paler than him pale so I know I shouldn't poke fun. But I do anyway.)

Quote :
emigreeneyesdavid cook= awesomness. concert was fun. :] now i'm going home.

Quote :

VStewart83: David Cook live is the best, the man can deliever a great rock show...,,,kudos Cook...

Quote :
samiwashereJust met David Cook... Such an awesome guy. Great show! 2 hour car drive... Wake up Sami!

Awwww, so he must have come out then. Very Happy

I don't think so, maybe they run into each other at the hotel or on his way to the backstage?

Quote :

musicrocks7: going home from the amazing david cook concert at moody gardens

Guest Guest
Just got a text from Jodie67:

Quote :
Recap in about an hour

Quote :

don299: David Cook was...amazing. You have to see him live!

Quote :

emrose82: just got back from the David Cook concert. He is so Amazing.

Quote :

otherbella: Great day in Galveston with the ladies. David Cook - you and the band were freaking fantastic. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

@Prissy wrote:
Quote :

don299: David Cook was...amazing. You have to see him live!

I like seeing the married male fans tarding over David. ROFLOL He needs more of that in his fan base!

Quote :
kelseybasham: after being 5ft from david cook & my mom freaking out (obsessed) i'd say amazing night. oh & @needtobreathe is too great

I love them too, its great to watch the people reaction to his show. Mega Rock

Quote :

stephanierene: Just got back from seeing David Cook. Great concert. =)

While we wait for vids, pics and our girls recaps, here is a recap frm DCO

Quote :

annie702:

Great show tonight. You already have the setlist, so I'll add some observations.
First, their Cutting Crew cover is deliciously heavy. I would love for
them to record it. Neal was badass with the guitar solo there..he
walked up to almost center stage next to David, leaned back (assume the
position, Mr. Tiemann) and made that guitar sing. One of the night's
memorable moments.
Two. No guitar sex during Barbasol. They're on to us.
Three. It hit me once again tonight how powerful David's voice is.
He's also experimenting with different spots for the crowd singalongs.
I haven't watched all the vids, but he's definitely stopping at
different points from the last show I saw. Tonight he gave us the first
verse of CBTM and a few others like the chorus of Make Me and Yo Arms.
He introduced the whole band. He called Neal an "increasingly handsome
gentleman". He introduced Andy first, while Andy was checking something
on his amp. He made Joey do a rock kick to a drumroll, then introduced
Kyle.
A wireless Joey is a fun Joey. Many thanks to Team Cook for investing in wireless stuff.
Next, there's apparently a place in Galveston were three people can
watch a new release movie for 7.50 beans... that blew my mind. Or maybe
that only works if you're David Cook.
I'm amused by the snippet of Hotel California in the middle of KOTN. It
doesn't really go, yet I love to hear him singing it. Torn, here. David
is not even pretending to spout water in the air anymore... he's
clearly aiming for Kyle.
Make Me was my favorite song tonight.
Last, they've found another solid opener in NeedtoBreathe. Their music feels good... and they covered Tom Petty =)

I was just thinking tonight as I watched last night's Died in Your Arms.. he seriously sings his effing face on EVERY time he sings that song. I can't get over it.

Another solid opener in NTB, eh? Sigh. I swear I am going to accept them.

From her too

Quote :
I met and talked to David!!!!! Played and pet Dublin for a good 20 minutes. Joey is the biggest flirt & soooooooooo nice!!
I GOT THE BEST EFFING PICS!!! OF HIM HUGGING AND KISSING DUBS!!

Uh... cutest. picture. EVER.

I still cant believe David is rocking the white shorts. Thud!Thud!Thud!

Quote :
AUDREY1002: Awesome concert 2 night just got home David Cook was amazing!

She is posting more cute D-D pics here

Guest Guest
@Prissy wrote:
Im not sure but I think it is from this morning or yesterday morning.

Quote :
MrsDazzle
http://twitpic.com/9h5yh - OMG! CUTEST PICTURE EVER!!!

He has a rawlings baseball glove on too!! Must be getting ready for the All Star game on the 14th! Great

ShookByCook wrote:
@Prissy wrote:
Im not sure but I think it is from this morning or yesterday morning.

Quote :
MrsDazzle
http://twitpic.com/9h5yh - OMG! CUTEST PICTURE EVER!!!

He has a rawlings baseball glove on too!! Must be getting ready for the All Star game on the 14th! Great

Wow.. thank you.. I just realized that it was a glove. I was like wtf is that?? LOL Face

He's sooo excited about that all star game!

I dunno if this tweet was from after the show or earlier.. maybe it's already been posted, but I find it amusing.

Quote :
@idolwatcher08: Just shared my snack mix from the Moody Gardens lobby bar with David, lol!

And this from the girl who played with Dubs:

Quote :
I got the Joey kick on video. I got all the banter before ADAM <3 I got the banter about moving to Texas because movie tickets being so cheap and Johnny Depp being so hot, lol
I got Heroes, Lie, Died, Declaration, banter, banter, and ADAM on video

So we have stuff coming to us! Yahoo!

OMG, and she gets to go to that lunch, me thinks..lucky girl!

Quote :
MrsDazzleGoing to sleep....got an early morning - meeting Dave in Houston <3

The @idolwatcher08 twitter was from an hour ago, maybe when they were at the lobby waitin to leave to NOLA.

I knew he liked ot

Quote :

MrsSensitive:
Also, David mentioned liking the dirty dancing in the crowd to BBS ......hahah!!p

I'm home finally. Have videos of Heroes, Breathe Tonight, Make Me, BBS, Declaration, LO, and ADAM. In other words, these are going to take forever. Took a few pics, but not many turned out great- too dark and too far away, even in 4th row.

Security was awful. They made us sit down during NTB, and wouldn't let anyone up to the stage, not even people in the front row.

Met Joey after the show, but once again, security were being assholes and made us leave him- and he was on the other side of a chain link, high-wire fence!

Saw David several times thru out the day, but no chances to greet him. That pic of him in the shorts must be from yesterday. Boyfriend was rockin' the plain white tee and black jeans today. He walked right by us (the crowd waiting at the buses) to go into the hotel for the official meet-n-greet (which was about 100 freakin' people!!), but he didn't stop. Had changed into a black shirt and the fedora. Sad day. I tried every which way to get those MnG passes they were giving away, but to no avail. Same with the exclusive performance tomorrow. Very Sad I guess I shouldn't be greedy and just be thrilled to death with I have had thus far, but.... *sigh*. It's never enough, is it? Just one more show, just one more picture...one more encounter.... my god, what has that man done to me...

I'll try to get those videos rolling soon. In the meantime, I'll post some pics.

Little Dubbers:

Probably my favorite of the night:

Sorry for such a small sprinkling of pics, and for them being lower quality than usual. The outdoors and my camera do NOT get along.

They are great Jamie!!!! Thud!Thud!

I'm sorry about the damn security, it has been a drama on these last few shows.Booo for them. No-no!

I'm home...exhausted...but a good kinda exhausted...the same kinda exhausted you feel after a Censored all-nighter...

Did I Say That?

The was pure...un-adulterated Censored

David I died in your arms tonight!!! I did...I really really did...and you can take me to Hotel California any time you want...just say the word...

That was like...let me see...that was like me..."making out" like a banshee...it was like marmalade heavy on the "laid"...

I was an Aunt Jemima pancake...poor some sugar on me!!! It was fornicationation....it was fantasmorgasmical!!!!

All while my 9 year old niece was only a few feet in front of me... Embarassed
I was so glad that she couldn't see my face and that only David could...wait...I'm not wishing David saw my face either, because between the drool that was dripping down from my mouth to the ground...and the incredibly proud mother-ish look I had on my face...with a side of the scene from Risky Business and my going "Ooooooh yeeeaaaahhhhh!"...it would probably make him either run very fast in the other direction or just laugh hysterically that he wielded a power great enough to reduce me to said state! Razz

So my niece and I had fourth row seats, but as we were on the very end of the row...the way it worked out...there were no chairs in front of us...at all...only a mess of JERK security guards and lemme tell ya...I am normally the kind of person who ignores rude behavior, because karma has a way of coming back to bite you in the ass...but those IGNORANT...yeah I said it...security guards were within inches of getting a tongue lashing from me for distracting everyone from the show by insisting people stand ONLY EXACTLY right in front of their chairs...it was ridiculous! This guy at one point was standing literally...I kid you not...1 1/2 feet to the right of his chair and a security guard told him he needed to move back and the guy had to tell the ******** that he WAS standing next to his seat...it was CRAZY...they distracted people on my side WAAAAY to often....but anyways...

Back to the cool part about the evening...my niece who went with me...managed to be cute/puppy eyed enough for those ****** cigar smoking security guards not to have it in them to tell her and another little girl to get back...so they were both allowed to move up to the front row...and the audience members next to them were all for it...

So what's so cool about that? David noticed them THREE times...the first time he was talking about getting the crowd into it...and said "I really think these two little fans over here need to move around a little more too" or something like that...lol...my niece? No reaction...hehehe...and the second time sadly I can't remember what he did, but I think it was asking them if they liked it or something like that...too cute...and the third time he was pointing the mic out to the audience to get everyone to sing along and when he was on our side he pointed the mic to them...and since this was a birthday present for my niece (big thanks to katsmeow)...having the experience she had with David was simply PERFECT!!!

As far as the rest of the night...Make Me was almost my favorite, but I swear I still have to give it to Bar-ba-sol...I swear it was like the bump-n-grind scene in The Matrix...there is something so primal about it...I want someone to tell me how it is that he managed to Censored me from the stage...I mean...I know I was close, but come on!!! Razz

Joe and purple hair ftw!!! I am so loving seeing people not afraid to sport the non-traditional colors...it was awesome! Kyle...that boy's legs are sooo skinny...I tried to be good while Andy and Kyle were on the side of the stage watching NTB...I watched NTB as much as I could but...Andy and Kyle were literally right in front of me and well if they want me to look at the band that is playing when it's not them...they're just gonna have to stop looking so dang good! Very Happy

Need To Breath, I have to say impressed me...good old southern bluesy soulful rock...bass player looked like a girl and was the hottest one of them all...really good at getting the crowd pumped...I'm going to Myspace them...I really was impressed...and it was a good choice to Team David to do the southern leg of the tour with them...very good choice...Fontman had some beautiful chops and artistic style...

At one moment, before KOTN, David asks how many couples there are in the crowd...people raise their hands and then he says, "Wow that's awesome...I'm so impressed" or something like that and with the sexiest look in HISTORY says, "but this song's not for you!" Thud_old

And KOTN was well...let's just say that the tarp issues tonight, must have been from the tarp knowing ahead of time that KOTN was going to be so HAWT, that it would melt... Drool

Awesome, awesome night...I'm sure I will remember other stuff later, but I'll just say this...and we already knew this from him being on AI...he can put on a show like no one else!!! WOW!!!

G'night to anyone who's still awake!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.