Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vsteph1

I miss David

Ok. so it's been 4 days and I am going through withdrawal. How the hell am I going to survive once the tour is over? *sigh* Pathetic. Anyone else wondering the same thing?

I agree. What am I going to do! I saw him almost a month ago in Seattle and I can't believe how fast time goes! I want to see him again badly!

Oh, thank God I'm not the only one. Thanks for posting everyone. I guess it is good that his shows are sort of spaced out a bit toward the end of the tour. Maybe that will help us wean off of all of this.

I've been worried about the same thing. He has spoiled us. It helps that he's now using Twitter because I think it helps us feel more connected to him just to have one or two short messages each day. I hope he keeps that up and does some other things to keep in touch.

Guest Guest

I miss him too! I feel like the most I can handle is one night off. After that I start going through spoiler withdrawal. Maybe I need a new hobby. Very Happy

Guest Guest

Me, too! I'm glad he's using Twitter and hope he continues to do that. Posting the picture from the wedding helped a lot, too. I worry about my sanity when this tour is done. Well, I just worry about my sanity, if you want the truth.

Yeah, at least he'll be tweeting through the recording process. Who knows, maybe he'll learn about twitvid and we'll get some extra special stuff! Very Happy Wishful thinking, I know..

Maybe the recording process will be quicker then we think, since he's got a lot of writing done on the road.

We did it before, we can do it again.. think of it that way!

*raises hand* I've been experiencing this withdrawal to the highest level!!!

I feel so sad and icky when there's no cellcast or new vids and pics to look at...

Almost to the point where I don't even want to get up in the mornings...I've got it bad...

But thankfully, I get to see David in approximately two days, as of tomorrow. CLEVELAND HERE I COME! Very Happy

But agreeing with Jul, we did it once, we can do it again...though it will be quite strenuous and painful, especially since we are even closer with David now...much closer at that.

But yes, the twittering helps ;]

I hope he takes his time with his new record too. Look at what they have done with Lie and IDIFY. Damn, give these guys a song and let the work it to death. They do it sooooo well. We don't need polish. We need raw and real and songs infused with emotion and rock and roll and passion. I love when they rearrange a song and work it and work it. They are amazing musicians and I want them to make the most of it.

OT, but I had a thought. I wonder if Neal had any influence on the reworking of the songs Dave did on Idol. I wonder if that was all David, or if there was a bit of a collaboration going on, ala Cook/Tiemann. Just a thought. But I think these two guys together are magic.

Im on the same mood today! Its been less than a week since I saw him and I REALLY WANT TO SEE HIM AGAIN BADLY!!!!

After the show, when my Mom and I were waiting for our ride in front of the theatre and probably mostly of the people left, we saw David´s bus crossing in front of us going away to the downtown streets!!! And I was like wanting to chase him!!!! But I had to force myself not to scream to him on that dark lonely street...
but I really wanted to.

DAVID, COME BACK TO CA!!

I seriosuly cannot wrap my head around how amazing Cook & Tiemann are together. I mean, they sound great musically together (e.g. Acoustic lunches.)

But the way they write songs together is amazing; they are so deep and meaningful with lyrics (fucking ANODYNE, anyone?!) And then all the covers and different arrangements they've been using on the tour must be the work of Cook & Tiemann.

I seriously have a hard time realizing just how extraordanairy these two are together. They're both just so crazy talented. [/gushing]

Yeah, I hope he keeps in touch by tweets and blogs. I miss his blogs. Maybe off the road he can write some more of them.

And I really, really, REALLY hope Dave and Neal do a lot of work together on the next album. I have a pessimistic bad feeling though that they'll saddle him with a bunch of other writers instead of letting the organic Dave-Neal thing happen. I think the album would be much more cohesive if it were mostly Dave-Neal stuff. Plus the MWK reunion tour after this one means Neal will not be in the studio writing with David, it's impossible while he's touring with his side-project. Or maybe Dave is his side-project and they're going back to MWK as his main focus instead of forward with Dave.

Sorry, I'm in a pessimistic & morose mood tonight. Saddest

Yeah, I hope he keeps in touch by tweets and blogs. I miss his blogs. Maybe off the road he can write some more of them.

And I really, really, REALLY hope Dave and Neal do a lot of work together on the next album. I have a pessimistic bad feeling though that they'll saddle him with a bunch of other writers instead of letting the organic Dave-Neal thing happen. I think the album would be much more cohesive if it were mostly Dave-Neal stuff. Plus the MWK reunion tour after this one means Neal will not be in the studio writing with David, it's impossible while he's touring with his side-project. Or maybe Dave is his side-project and they're going back to MWK as his main focus instead of forward with Dave.

God, I hope this isn't true. I want more Cook/Tiemann. I wonder what he meant by his next album being different.

I Would Cry So Hard If That Happened!

*runs off to listen to Kiss on the Neck and Anodyne*

Oh, shit, now I'm making everyone upset. Sorry. Maybe it'll be the Cook/Tiemann album we've all been hoping for for so long.

Group Hug1

Oh, shit, now I'm making everyone upset. Sorry. Maybe it'll be the Cook/Tiemann album we've all been hoping for for so long.

Group Hug1

*plasters on fake smile and pretends everything will be okay*
Uh-huh.. *nods robotically* That's exactly what's gonna happen!

(Just kiddin' ya, Stacy Wink)

Oh, aren't we all sad and a tad pathetic here? (I raise my hand to include myself in the group.) I suppose we'll get used to less DC&TA once the tour is over and after the withdrawal is over, it will be easier. I hope. I do hope he keeps up with the random tweets to let us know what he's up to. The one about KISS today just cracked me up.

It's going to be so sad when the guys are all MIA for a while. I heard he's aiming for a May release for the next record, but who knows? That would coincide with him being able to perform a single on Idol before the season ends to promote it. Speaking of singles... WTH is up with the serious lull in singles from DCTR? I know it's OT, but really. Wasn't CBTM officially released at the end of MARCH?? 6 months? That's just lame. RCA is LAME!!!! What are they waiting for? Are they seriously going to only get three singles out of this record? That's pathetic. David is not pathetic, RCA is pathetic. Unless they are somehow counting BBS and Permanent as releases as well. GARGHRGH!

Just felt the need to vent. Far too much of my time is invested in this man.

I came up with a nice way to describe my David hobby: Some people knit, some people scrapbook... I David Cook. Very Happy

Well, while I'm being pessimistic (*ducks rotten fruit being thrown at her by Kateland*), I don't think there will be another single. I think they made a mistake not making Declaration or Lie the single instead of CBTM. Those songs IMO would have generated more interest in the album.

May seems really optimistic to me and since I've been so pessimistic tonight I think I'll think happy May thoughts for the album. Though they may do like with LO and release a single a month before the whole album. May single and June album? I'd be alright with that.

ITA, Jenna. It would be great to have it by next summer, but however long it takes until David feels great about it I'm happy to wait. Just think - NEW SONGS! WooHoo!!

Well, while I'm being pessimistic (*ducks rotten fruit being thrown at her by Kateland*), I don't think there will be another single. I think they made a mistake not making Declaration or Lie the single instead of CBTM. Those songs IMO would have generated more interest in the album.

May seems really optimistic to me and since I've been so pessimistic tonight I think I'll think happy May thoughts for the album. Though they may do like with LO and release a single a month before the whole album. May single and June album? I'd be alright with that.

Do you really think they won't release any more singles? That's giving up to me. They have to do at least one more, right? There's time for one more. This simply can't be it. I won't allow it. DAMN YOU, RCA!!! AND 19 and whomever else I need to DAMN.

Stacy, you are pessimistic. I'm just kind of pissed off. Great

I miss him too and it's been since Aug 14 since my last show. I know, as mentioned, there's people that haven't been able to make any shows...and I feel bad about that. A friend of mine included, her last show was Miracle on West Peachtree in Dec in Georgia. She hasn't been able to make any of the tour stops this year.

Stacy, I do see what you mean by that. CBTM is kool on the radio, but I think there would be more of a buzz...if Declaration would be out, or if they would give BBS airplay!!!

As much as I'm sad to not yet be able to see DC&TA perform, I think I have to insert a little gratefulness, b/c IMO, going to one or more shows positively correlates with more withdrawals. I do hope I'm wrong about this, though.

I've been feeling this withdrawal since the tour started but only in small amount because I know it's not within my reach anyway. YET. But I still have my hopes.

Stacy I have to say I'm with you. I've been getting this nagging feeling myself there won't be more any more singles Very Sad My main thinking is labels rarely keep pushing albums when they drop out of the Billboard 200, and DCTR has been dropping more and more every week. I might be more confident if he kept saying they planned on pushing the record to the end of the year, but unless I just haven't paid close enough attention, I don't think he's said that in a while? I hope we're both wrong though Smile

I agree with Viv about the fact that it's probably good that the shows are starting to be spaced out more since hopefuly that will start to brake our habit somewhat. It WILL still be hard once the tour ends since I seriously doubt we'll ever see a virtually never ending tour like his one again. Any future tours wil more likely be a more set one, time and date wise. We really got spoiled on this one.

As far as the next CD goes, even if it does come out in May, giving his 3 or 4 months to write and record it and a month for production, it will STILL give him 100 times more time working on it than he had on DCTR. This one he only had a few months and most of it was done by proxy while he was on the road with the Idol tour. That had to be so hard for him to leave a lot of the artistic imput to others. This time it will be a lot more relaxed and he'll actually be there every step of the way.

With that said, I know I'm in the minority here, but I hope he writes most of it himeslf, without anyone else involved. He's done most of his best work all by himself. Can you say Analog Heart? And how about ADAM on DCTR??? His best work!

Oh god I hope that won't happen. If it will, I would cry so much. Crying non-stop The next album must be a David/Neal thing. The two of them are amazing musician and when they work together it's pure magic. I agree, as much as I want to hear new songs they should take the time and not release it until David is completely happy with it.

I finally had time this weekend to sit and write my recape from the shows I'v been to and it made me so sad to think about if and when I'll see him again in a live show and that it might never happn unless he come somewere near me or if somehow I'll find money to travel to the states again (must find work and start saving). I know we doen it before but it wasn't an easy thing to do. And I have to say Dinna, that the withdrawals after watching a live show is so much harder.

I hope they do release at least one more single from this album. At least one song that David wrote should be released as a single. There are so many more great songs on this album that the world need to hear. I don't think they got all they can from it yet, not even close.

I will be sad if they don't relase another single. That doesn't make sense to me. If the single did really well it would renew CD sales. sniff sniff.

New David music thoughts make me happy though. Dave by himself and Dave/Neal FTW!

I think there are so many more songs from this CD that could do well as singles. They have to release more.

Last time we had a "break" from David, the AI tour ended in mid-September, but LO was released shortly after that. Then there was the LO video, the promotion for the CD and the release just 2 months after the AI tour ended. We had some things along the way to hold us over for those two months. I fear that we could have 4,5 months or more with no cookie crumbs. He wouldn't do that to us, would he?

*phew* I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been missing David.
It's been over a month since I've seen him and I really really need another DC & TA concert fix! The day after the concert, I would start to cry any time I talked about it because I missed it so bad. I still haven't been able to watch the videos from the show. On 9/28 he'll be in Bloomsburg which is 3 hours from me, but that's the closest show since Millvale and my mom won't take me. I really need a show, though. And then he'll be done with the tour and working on his new album. I hope he really keeps in touch with Twitter. I love his Twitter "parties". Ugh, I miss him!! Crying non-stop

All I have to say is thank goodness for Twitter and Youtube and here. I still have one more show, and I have a feeling that it's going to be so amazing, but I don't know how I'm going to survive after it. Hopefully real life will keep me occupied... :/

Anyway, the new record needs to have some David/Neal collaboration. Neal's lyrics and general talent never cease to amaze me; I'd be extremely pissed if they stuck David with some generic songwriters and not let his full potential show in his songs.

I already miss him too. I was only able to go to one show this tour, so that was a huge bummer for me. My other favorite band is going on tour soon and I am pretty excited about that, but it's not the same excitement... Very Sad

I already miss him too. I was only able to go to one show this tour, so that was a huge bummer for me. My other favorite band is going on tour soon and I am pretty excited about that, but it's not the same excitement... Very Sad

same with me. get the chance to watch him live for the first time when he went here in the philippines. you guys are lucky for having the chance to watch his shows..
missing dave so much. Very Sad

Yes, it is going to be very hard to survive once the tour is over
But the good thing is that they will come back with great songs, a new tour, new videos, etc, etc....

Anyways I think that Dave and the boys will stay in touch with us

Do you really think they won't release any more singles? That's giving up to me. They have to do at least one more, right? There's time for one more. This simply can't be it. I won't allow it. DAMN YOU, RCA!!! AND 19 and whomever else I need to DAMN.

actually i've really been waiting for a new single too. here in the philippines, we have 2 sets of music to listen to. one is the local music and the other is the international one. the reign of both LO and CBTM has been really over a long time ago (i'm speaking in behalf of the listening masses) because the circulation of music here is really fast. so far, all that we can do is make Bar Ba Sol no.1 on the radio stations.

a last single from DCTR could really boost the kickoff of the upcoming album. while waiting for the new album, we could preoccupy ourselves by voting for that last single from DCTR.

*crosses fingers for the release of the last single from DCTR!*

same with me. get the chance to watch him live for the first time when he went here in the philippines. you guys are lucky for having the chance to watch his shows..
missing dave so much. Very Sad

dang, the emotions were so high when he came here, i really had one heck of a hangover from the concert! i actually thought that i'll never get over it and always cry my eyes out when i see the concert vids!

now i don't cry my eyes out, i just get teary eyed. Razz (well, except for ADAM, it always makes me cry.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.