Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Prissy

Emily Richett interview - FOX 17 - It's UP!

Go follow @emilyrichett if you want her @thedavidcook interview anytime soon. She's holding it until she reaches 1000 followers.

Not sure if she's already posted it yet, but she just tweeted that.

Well I'm back from lunch and she still hasn't posted it yet. I'm assuming she's editing it now. Hope it's done soon.

@emilyrichett HOLY SMOKES!!! 1000+ Followers!!! Wow guys, I was just SUPER busy & buying more time...but looks like I gotta get editing 4 the Cook fans!

I would think so, I keep checking her Twitter for it. It'll end up here eventually, but I'm just excited to see what's asked and him in that shower again Razz

Just saw an update from her:

@ilovedcyes just got up (i wake up at 3am!) and the 3hr render was interrupted!SRY! i'll tweet when its up, prob tmrw. it's worth wait

Might be tomorrow now!!!!

Oh shit... my computer's broken now. I might need that to watch the interview when it's finally up. *runs to BestBuy to buy a new computer*

:lol!: Pulling hair :lol!:

@emilyrichett David Cook interview coming today... first have to interview one of my fave TV hosts again @chrisbharrison talk to ya soon buddy!

I'm on this like a hawk to bring it over when it's done. Hope this really is a good one.

The link above doesn't work because the site is being re-designed. I had to search on the home page to find it.
Edit:
[code] 

If Jane is around, good try. I think he's determined not to answer that.

The garter belt question was mine.

Stacy,
Jane asked about the meaning of Let Go. His response was that it's about Neal's guitar solo. Then he said he doesn't really like to divulge the meaning of songs. Emily asked if he prefers that people just take their own meaning from it, and he said yes.

Trying to remember more tidbits from the interview:

Asked about OLP and Collective soul now being fans of his - he called this surreal.

If he had to give up one of the following which would he choose to give up: money, beer, sex, music, family and friends. He said he'd give up beer.

Asked about his body image issues. He said he doesn't remember divulging that he had body image issues, but then patted his tummy.

My question was about whether or not he caught the garter belt at the wedding. He basically said he stayed as far away from it as possible.

He doesn't know when the next single will be out or what it will be, but everyone's happy with how CBTM has done.

I can't remember much else and I don't have time to listen again right now. Oh yeah, there was a lot of upper arm muscle goodness happening!

Stacy,
Jane asked about the meaning of Let Go. His response was that it's about Neal's guitar solo. Then he said he doesn't really like to divulge the meaning of songs. Emily asked if he prefers that people just take their own meaning from it, and he said yes.

Well, I'm glad they asked Jane's question, and I'm also glad he didn't answer. It's like asking a painter the meaning of a painting - if you hear the artist's meaning, then you dismiss all the other meanings you may have had as "incorrect" when really, art should be open to as many interpretations as there are people who see/hear it - none of them are wrong. And for me, I love Let Go so much precisely because it has multiple interpretations even just to me - from the basely sexual to lofty philosophical. One time I listen to it I hear one, another time another. And another I just rock the fuck out to Neal's guitar thinking of nothing but the tune.

If David were to say, "It's about when I was a kid and my brother and I were fighting over a ball and I wanted him to let go and let me have it," that would totally ruin the song for me. Even if that is what he wrote it about, I don't want to know that. If all he had in mind when writing it was sex, that doesn't mean that's all the song is about (though that's plenty enough for it to be about)! I don't want to lose the richness of being able to interpret it many ways. And lol @ myself for coming up with the kids fighting over a ball interpretation on the spot! I could come up with 100 of them!

So thank you, David, for not answering, lol. I much prefer him to tease and not tell.

My question was about whether or not he caught the garter belt at the wedding. He basically said he stayed as far away from it as possible.

ROFLOL Why am I not surprised. Of course, I caught the bouquet at my friend's wedding many years ago and I'm still not married, so it means squat, lol.

Is anyone else finding the video slow and jerky when the little bar goes away? I have to keep moving the curser over it.

ETA: Just finished the whole thing, how adorable was he?! Especially during those end questions! I actually yelled "OH MY GOD!" out loud when he said that quote at the end because that's one of my favourite quotes LOL.

that was a very cute interview Smile I always put stuff like interview and such on my ipod but i can't get this to go on it.

@DCTaT2Grl wrote:
that was a very cute interview Smile I always put stuff like interview and such on my ipod but i can't get this to go on it.

18 minutes, I am not even going to try and download it LOL

Is anyone else finding the video slow and jerky when the little bar goes away? I have to keep moving the curser over it.

ETA: Just finished the whole thing, how adorable was he?! Especially during those end questions! I actually yelled "OH MY GOD!" out loud when he said that quote at the end because that's one of my favourite quotes LOL.

What quote? Can you spill it? I can't watch now..

Something like "It's better to be silent and have everyone think you're an idiot, than to open you mouth and prove them right" It was something like that lol. I think there's a few variations.

@DCTaT2Grl wrote:

18 minutes, I am not even going to try and download it LOL

I got it downloaded on realplayer but it wouldn't convert to ipod lol.. it's okay i still have it saved Smile

Something like "It's better to be silent and have everyone think you're an idiot, than to open you mouth and prove them right" It was something like that lol. I think there's a few variations.

OMG! Yes, I can totally relate! Thanks, Julie.

That was one of the best interviews ever. Kudos to Jane for the Let Go question (and apparently several other people...)-- but I'm also glad he didn't answer it. I prefer my opinion of the song, so I'm glad he didn't change it!

Very Happy

Emily did a great job, and I'm sure he appreciated the thought-provoking questions rather than the rote ones he can now answer without even thinking about.

Also, always happy to see TWIK clip!!! Good times.

And BTW, what an ugly-ass couch. LOL Face

The link above doesn't work because the site is being re-designed. I had to search on the home page to find it.
Edit:
[code] 

SOO CUTE AND FUNNY !!!

And Holy Sheep! OMG !!! HIS ARMS !!! Melt

That was a pretty good interview. Glad my internet decided to be fast today unlike other days. It would have taken forever for me to load the vid. Does anyone know how I can save it? I can't figure it out.

I'd also like to say I think its funny that he says his body issue would be his belly since we are always talking about his tummeh. hehe.

I'd also like to say I think its funny that he says his body issue would be his belly since we are always talking about his tummeh. hehe.

He's a bit of an oxymoron, you know? To me it is obvious he has tummy issues (always tugging at his shirt, especially when he sits down, admits he could drink less beer for the waistline), yet, he continues to wear the tighter-fitting shirts. scratch

But the shirts DO show off a few of his assets. Tight enough on the arms, and, you know, not long enough to cover up the goods, front and back. Very Happy

^ Oh I so agree. I love the tight shirts, and the button down shirts that show off his chest and the lower part of his tummeh. Oh so lovely! He may not want to admit he has body issues, or maybe tugging at his shirt is just a nervous habit and he doesn't really have body issues... Hmm I wonder...

Oh yea and I forgot that I love that they asked about the gum because I was always wondering that myself. One less question to ask during a twitter party...

He has admitted he has body image issues. When that fake story came out in the National Enquirer (?) about him being in a dressing room in LA and refusing to close the curtain, he talked about it and said that anyone who knows him would know that this would never happen because he has body image issues. I think he just forgot that he said that.

^ Oh I so agree. I love the tight shirts, and the button down shirts that show off his chest and the lower part of his tummeh. Oh so lovely! He may not want to admit he has body issues, or maybe tugging at his shirt is just a nervous habit and he doesn't really have body issues... Hmm I wonder...

I suspect the shirt tugging is to attempt to hide a chubby... and I ain't talking about his tummeh. Wink

But who knows - it could be any or none of those things that precipitate the shirt tugging.

He has admitted he has body image issues. When that fake story came out in the National Enquirer (?) about him being in a dressing room in LA and refusing to close the curtain, he talked about it and said that anyone who knows him would know that this would never happen because he has body image issues. I think he just forgot that he said that.

He has no reason to have body issues... LOL flag

I'm sure he knows how much we worship his Yummy Tummeh !!!!! LOL flagRazz

Hehe, if i ever meet him again and he tugs at his shirt i'm gonna think about him trying to hid his chubby and laugh so hard, and then probably faint at the thought... haha

Ummm, it's slang. If you're really 99 years old I can tell you. Ummmmmmmmmm... chubby, you know, something with... added girth. Wink