Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rdunndeal

People's Choice Awards

Nominations are open @ REMINDER: Oct-19, voting will open for the 2010 People’s Choice Awards ... SO, REGISTER NOW!!!! bit.ly 82suE, nominations are open under music for favorite breakout artist and male artist, you will have to write in his name. On Nov. 11 (?) you can go back and vote if he is on the list. Let's support him on this.

Ok I did it for only one category because I need to go to work now. But I typed in his name and pressed "Submit Votes" twice and it didn't give me any error message, nor did it tell me my vote was cast, so maybe it just took them both. I'm not sure. I'll check more after work.

Guest Guest
Done. Didn't get any confirmation though.

Um, I'm either dumb or blind...
Where do I go after I sign up? It won't let me click any of the categories...

Copy the links I gave at my post !!! I spend some time too, to discover where is the proper ppace !!!

Um, I'm either dumb or blind...
Where do I go after I sign up? It won't let me click any of the categories...

Or click at HOME... and at "click here to vote"

Picture here

Done, but question...how many times does it supposedly let you vote? Because I did it more than five, and it didn't say anything, like you guys were saying before...hmm, weird.

took a minute to figure out how to do that. I voted for him for favorite male artist and breakthrough!Is there a limit on the number of times you can vote?

Voted, but the weird thing is that when I was voting for favorite male artist and i clicked on cast vote it kept on going back to the page. I kept on voting for David and I hope that they all count Fingers Crossed!!!

Well, I am totally confused. I read over at DCO that the names will fade when the vote is counted, and that you have to vote for a nominee besides the write in vote for it to count. I still can't figure out how to get it.

Ok, you have to vote in every category for the vote to count. You also have to vote for one of the nominees in David's categories besides the write in vote for David or the vote won't count. Over at DCO they are suggesting we vote for someone we think won't get nominated. After you finish all of the voting it gets submitted.

The nominees come out Nov.1st.

Pretty much after writing in David, pick 4 other people in that category.

and you have to go back Nov. 10 to vote for the winners, not Nov. 1st Smile

You only need to vote for one nominee in each of David's write-in categories. You can vote up to five, but only need to do it for one. You also have to vote in all of the categories for the vote to go through. I want to know why David isn't a nominee in any of these categories?

Hi Girls!
I just came in and found out about this!
Done my part and hope THIS ONE WILL WORK FOR DAVID!!

@rdunndeal wrote:
Nominations are open @ REMINDER: Oct-19, voting will open for the 2010 People’s Choice Awards ... SO, REGISTER NOW!!!! bit.ly 82suE, nominations are open under music for favorite breakout artist and male artist, you will have to write in his name. On Nov. 11 (?) you can go back and vote if he is on the list. Let's support him on this.

I wrote David's name in in THREE catagories... Breakout ond Male Artist but I also wrote him in as Best Pop Artist too. I know he,
thus we, like to think of him as a ROCK artist but since Best Male Rock artist isn't an option and since he usually does get lumped into pop catagories, I went for it to give him as many chances as possible.

Ok as long as you vote in all the categories it looks like you can vote as many times as you'd like. I just did it twice. A little time consuming, but thats alright. Anything for David!

Oh and I think it would be cool if we could vote for David and the Anthemic in favorite rock band too!

It does look like all the votes are going through. I've voted 5 times so far and it looks like they took.

As for voting for David Cook & The Anthemic, trust me, the thought crossed my mind but I'm pretty sure the voting would be based on DCTR, not the Declatration tour. Other than Neal the band didn't play on DCTR, thus I voted him as a pop artist as opposed to rock band. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong because if we CAN vote for him/them as best rock band? Hell yeah, I down with that!

Hmm I wonder how technical the peoples choice awards get. I mean I know that the guys didn't play on DCTR but they are the band. And honestly I dont know if David wants to be considered a solo artist, I think he'd rather be part of the band, just because I dont think he wants to take all of the spotlight because he is that kind of guy.

I worry that some people writing "David Cook and the Anthemic" will not add with the votes for "David Cook" and therefore we should pick one or the other. And I think only those of us who pay a LOT of attention to David's world have heard of The Anthemic and so I think he'd be more likely to get the nomination if we all just said "David Cook."

It would be nice to include the other guys in the nomination, but I think it's more important to not do something that could potentially be splitting our votes.

You're right Stacy. So should we still vote for him in the rock band section, just as David Cook, or not vote in that section at all?

I just voted. Weird he wasn't in any category but I wrote him in. I voted for him in breakout artist, pop and rock

It seems you can only vote once a day for it to count. Make sure you get a "Thanks for voting" after you are finished voting in all of the categories.

Thanks to Ldynsrch over at DCO for finding this in the voting rules.

http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/terms.jsp

Quote :
3. Voting Conditions. Voters are permitted one vote in each category per day/in any 24-hour period. All voting will be subject to verification and certification by an independent third party auditor. No automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of voting are permitted. Participants who do not comply with these Terms and Conditions, or who attempt to interfere with the voting process or the operation of the Web Site in any way will be disqualified and their votes will not be counted. PCA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend voting should any virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the voting process. All decisions regarding the voting process shall be final and shall not be subject to challenge or appeal.

Don't forget that you must vote for at least one of the nominees besides putting in David's name in the write-in or the write-in vote in that category will not count. Just pick someone you think is least likely to win. David is up against some tough competition with the new idols already in some of the categories.

Guest Guest
How long can we keep voting?

Done cheers

but im not sure if i really did.look.http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/nominations/thank-you.jsp?_requestid=1422931

Please tell me if I did it.

Yes Nicko you did it correctly if nobody actually answered you. Keep up the voting! I know its a little time consuming but it is worth it to help out our man!

They have a poll today about male american idol artists... vote for David http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/

And btw, David Cook is a SOLO artist. The band doesn't exist for this kind of thing. They're not official. The music is by David Cook, and the album, and the tour. So, there's no point writting The Anthemic, imo.

@dc4pt wrote:
They have a poll today about male american idol artists... vote for David http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/

And btw, David Cook is a SOLO artist. The band doesn't exist for this kind of thing. They're not official. The music is by David Cook, and the album, and the tour. So, there's no point writting The Anthemic, imo.

Yes please vote in this poll - it's about which male AI artist is most likely to become epic or something and Clay Aiken is beating David - WHAT!!!???? Go vote for David!!!

@Jane62 wrote:
@dc4pt wrote:

Yes please vote in this poll - it's about which male AI artist is most likely to become epic or something and Clay Aiken is beating David - WHAT!!!???? Go vote for David!!!

Yes - the Claymates are kicking our ass right now - and that's just not right!!!