Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

***WNH Halloween Scavenger Hunt***

Guest Guest
Halloween Scavenger Hunt

THANKS ALL FOR PLAYING AND JOINING IN THE FUN!!!

THE WINNERS SHALL BE ANNOUNCED ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 30TH AT 9:00pm EST cheers

In the spirit(s) of Halloween fun, we've come up with a dastardly plan to keep everyone guessing, much like the King of the Word Nerds himself likes to keep us guessing with his coy remarks. We've created a game for you all to play if you're not too scared, a virtual scavenger hunt with a Halloween theme.

We have hidden 20 graphics throughout the forum with clues that will give you a hint of a) where to find the next graphic and b) what to look for. The graphics and clues will always be found in the first page of threads and these threads will be in the first page of it's section. There is a specific order to the graphics. When you find the first graphic, you'll also get a clue to find the next one and so on, so forth.

There will be a winner and 3 runners-up. In order to win, the member must send a PM to Made with all 20 graphics, stating where they found them and in the correct order. Don't post in the thread where did you find the graphics or you'll spoil the game for everyone else. Wink

The due date will be the day before Halloween, Friday, October 30th. We hope that 4 people find all the graphics before that, but if this doesn't happen, on that date, you can send Made a PM with the graphics you've found so far. The members with the largest number of graphics found will be declared the winners, to be revealed on Halloween day in this thread.

If you get stuck, you can ask up to 3 hints total in the game, one at a time Very Happy

Last but not least, the winners will get very special surprise prizes!!! cheers

And now, the first clue:

"Eyepatch and pegleg,
drinks rum in a bar,
Find this classic hiding
In a thread Dave might rate "ARRRRRRRRGH"

We will also be using this thread to chit chat about our favorite Halloween recipes, costumes, stories, jokes, scary pics, etc.

HAVE FUN!!!

Made cheers

So, ready, get set, GOOOOOOOO!!!!

Some clarifications:
  • You should wait until you think you have found ALL the graphics and PM them all to Made.
  • Your PM should look something like this:
    1. *graphic* - *location*
    2. *graphic* - *location*
    etc.
  • *graphic* = you should right-click the graphic you find in the thread and click "copy image location." Then in your PM you click the "Image" icon and paste the image url you copied into that box.
  • *location* = the name of the thread you found that graphic in.

Hope that helps!

Guest Guest
Wish I was allowed to play! I love this kind of game. But I'd have an unfair advantage lol.

Guest Guest

YAY!!! Happy Haunting..... I mean hunting, lol cheers

Guest Guest
justforme wrote:
Wish I was allowed to play! I love this kind of game. But I'd have an unfair advantage lol.

You and me both, Barb... LOL Face

Have fun everyone - I know we did making it up!

Help. What are we supposed to send to Made? The link? The actual graphic?

Ah! Tricia's avi and siggy are totally throwing me off! They are so halloweeny. LMAO

ah-ha! Didn't think of that. I guess you all stop every time you see that as you're scrolling through threads, huh? LOL Face

Ah! Tricia's avi and siggy are totally throwing me off! They are so halloweeny. LMAO

ah-ha! Didn't think of that. I guess you all stop every time you see that as you're scrolling through threads, huh? LOL Face

Yes! I get all excited then it's not actually one of them!

Guest Guest
LOL Tricia you are such a tease! Hmmm Halloween/Fall recipes....Here's an easy one but really yummy.

One package of oatmeal cookie mix.
3 tablespoons of oil
1 egg
1/2 cup of canned pumpkin
1 cup craisins

Mix it all together and drop by spoonfuls onto cookie tray. Bake at 375 for about ten minutes.

----------------------------------------------------------

Pumpkin muffins.....

1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup canned pumpkin
3 eggs beaten
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 1/3 cups bisquick
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup raisins

Mix all ingredients and fill muffin paper liners about 3/4 full. You can sprinkle a bit of cinnamon/sugar on top before baking. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes. Might take a bit more or less time depending on your oven.

Guest Guest
This is an awesome idea. I however, seem to be unable to think today, so just for clarification, do we send the actual graphic and the thread it was found in, or do we just send the description of the graphic and the thread. And because I am a technotard, if it the actual graphic, do we just copy/paste it? (I dont seem to be able to think straight today and just may be a little stoopid) lol.

When you find a graphic, right-click it and click "copy image location." Then in the PM to Made, type. 1) click the image icon and paste in the pop-up box. Then type the name of the thread graphic 1 was found in. Then 2) graphic, thread, etc.

Guest Guest
When you find a graphic, right-click it and click "copy image location." Then in the PM to Made, type. 1) click the image icon and paste in the pop-up box. Then type the name of the thread graphic 1 was found in. Then 2) graphic, thread, etc.

Ahh, that makes sense. I sometimes need extra explaination. I probably should have stayed in bed this morning. lol. Thanks Stacey.

So are the graphics going to look like Tricia's avi? lol

Sorry if I can't ask that, but I just want to know if I CAN know.

@iLoveDC wrote:
So are the graphics going to look like Tricia's avi? lol

Sorry if I can't ask that, but I just want to know if I CAN know.
The graphics have a lot of different looks. Some more real, some more cartoony.

Guest Guest
When you find all 20 graphics send them to Made all at once in the correct order with the graphic and the name of the thread you found them in.

im kinda finding them out of order Embarassed

Bad Word Nerd! LOL Face

You have to send them in the right order to Made to win.

Wait we have to send them to made as we find them or could we wait till we find them all?

You should not send your PM until you have them all.

The PM should be something like:
1) graphic - location
2) graphic - location
etc.

Guest Guest

AAaawwww, I didn't mean to tease any of you..... or did I??? Razz

The clues give hints as to what the graphic is and the location they are in. Pay careful attention to the particular word used. We're WORD NERDS after all! Wink

Guest Guest
Yes, pay careful attention to every word used in the clues. You can PM any mod you see online for a hint. We all have access to the complete list of graphics and clues. But remember you only get three hints for the entire game. So use them wisely.

Guest Guest
Can't wait to see who gets all the graphics first!

Is everyone having fun with this? I'm glad I'm not playing. Or I'd be awake all night trying to play, lol. I know myself too well.

This is like crack. Shocked I can't sleep so I thought I'd play. I was doing pretty good, but now I'm stuck. Very Sad Plus I feel a little dizzy after scrolling through threads so fast. LOL. Maybe I should give it a break until tomorrow.

lol, these kinds of games are like crack to me too. I love riddle scavenger hunts in RL too, though I haven't done one in years. And I love puzzle-oriented video games too.

This is like crack. I can't sleep so I thought I'd play. I was doing pretty good, but now I'm stuck. Plus I feel a little dizzy after scrolling through threads so fast. LOL. Maybe I should give it a break until tomorrow.

LOL, same here. I got a couple in a row and now I'm completely stuck. And dizzy. So I think I'm going to go to sleep and finish the rest tomorrow.

Okay, I'm going to bed and probably won't be on until after 9AM Eastern, maybe later depending on when my boss grabs me and wants to meet.

Usually, Jeannie and Made are the first mods on in the morning, quite earlier than that, though I don't know if they will be for sure tomorrow or not. But any mod you see is online you can ask for a clue.

Good luck, everyone!

Guest Guest
It has taken me a while to find the first two. I am stumped on the third one but I am going to persevere. It is actually alot of fun and I have found threads that I havent seen in a long time. Now, I just need to make sure I don't get side-tracked by them.

Guest Guest

Sounds like everyone is having fun with this. I'm so happy, we all had fun putting this together for you all Hug

Ok I am almost done. But I think I am confusing myself. Laughing I'm up to #18

Aaaaah! This is extremely hard for the non-native English speaker who never celebrated Halloween (ME) before.. Lol.

can someone tell me where the first one is?? im having trouble finding it.. i think i found it but im not sure.. and where is the clue for the next one.. please help..

Guest Guest

When you find the first graphic, the clue leading you to the next graphic is with it... Smile