Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cholette

Being Thankful

To all of my Dream Team on this wonderful site...I wanted to wish everyone a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! I'm not sure if all of my overseas family here celebrate Thanksgiving this time of the year like we do here in the states, but Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

This has been an interesting year with the economy in the state that it's in and some of us have been affected by it with layoffs and pay cuts HOWEVER we know that our source is not in this world. Let's challenge ourselves and lay aside all of the negativity that may have gone on in our lives this year and focus on the good things that God has done. Sometimes we are so focused on what we don't have and what we wished we had...and it drowns out the daily blessings that God gives to us. Oh how it must sadden his heart to know that he daily loads us up with benefits, yet all he hears from us is "I need this and I need that".

Beginning right now, lets find the things in our lives that we are truly thankful for and give our loving Heavenly Father a praise for being who HE is in our lives. So....if you can, list some things on this thread that you are thankful for. There may be someone who reads this that may feel they don't have anything to be grateful for...there may be someone reading this right now who is sad and in depression...let's show them what we are thankful for and put a smile on their face.

I will start us off.

I am grateful for Jesus!! He doesn't get His props because many don't really understand what He's done and what His death, burial and resurrection has alotted us to have so I am GRATEFUL FOR JESUS!

I am grateful that even though I don't have a job and haven't worked for the past two months, my needs have been met over and beyond my expectation.

I'm grateful for my son...after 19 years of him being on this earth and NEVER knowing what it is to have a father, He is alive and in college and doing wonderful.

I'm grateful for my life...I won't go into any details on this one, but many times I should have or could have been buried...BUT GOD!!!!

I'm grateful for people in my life...some have earned the title of "friend" and some are still at the associate level, but nonetheless, they are in my life for a reason.

I'm grateful for a roof over my head. Some don't know where they will lay their heads tonight, but if it wasn't for the grace of God, it could have been me.

Okay...that is a few on my list...how about you????

I am thankful for Jesus that He is there day or night and He will hear us!
I am thankful for my mom and dad
I am thankful for the little faces who forgive all my mistakes and hug me and call me mom
I am thankful to have found a good church and for daughter's school.
I am thankful for my part time job. thankful to have good friends.

im thankful 4 my many frends i hav here on site,, that love me even wen i tread on there toes,, ,,,im soo blessed here,,an love u soooo much,, D,,,

I'm thankful for Jesus as well! I'm continually humbled by His sacrifice for me and am continually understanding more the impact of the gift of salvation! I'm so thankful that I have Jesus in my life as my Lord, my King, my Counselor, my Protector, my Healer, and my Friend! Without Him, I really don't know how I would have gotten through the challenges of life I've experienced. Without Him I would have no hope....

I'm thankful for my health. I'm not where I would like to be fitness wise but I'm healthy, all my body parts are functioning as they were designed to function - ok, with the exception of my eyes but fortunately God inspired someone to invent contacts... wink

I'm so thankful for God's protective provision in my life. He blessed my family with the stability of a having home so that my sons as well as my mother and I could live safely together. He's also blessed me with continuous employment. When a door has closed, it's because he's had another one opening for me to walk through. I'm thankful for my current job. It is keeping me very busy right now but I'm extremely thankful to be employed right now and am thankful for the type of company that I work for as well as my co-workers.

I'm thankful that God blessed me with two wonderful boys. They are happy kids and have positive attitudes. Yes, they still bicker and have their "moments" but overall, they rock!

I'm thankful that my mother has been blessed with a long life (she turned 84 earlier this month). While her body is catching up with her (with 84 years of mileage it's no surprise), she's still mentally sharp and it's great to see her and the boys grow together. I'm very thankful that she has been able to be a part of the boys' lives, see them grow from babies into young man and big boy and that she's left an imprint on them.

I'm thankful for the Lord's intervention in a special friendship that I thought was lost but He gave me understanding of my friend's situation through dreams (all of which was later confirmed when we resumed our friendship) so that I could intercede on his behalf. I'm very thankful to have him back in my life and am also thankful to be able to see him walk into all that God has destined for him. He is my local Joseph.

I'm thankful that the Lord led me to this site. My relationship with Him has grown closer as I'm now able to hear Him through my dreams. I'm also thankful that the Lord has seen it fit to use me as a vessel to bless others and help them gain that supernatural understanding that comes only from the Lord. And I'm grateful for the friendships that I've developed with members on this site. You're the best! woohoo

I'm thankful for the hope that the Lord has put in my heart. I believe that as good as the 1st half of my life has been it will pale in comparison to how wonderful the 2nd half will be. Thank You Lord for Your grace and mercy, Your lovingkindness and Your faithfulness…I love you!

I have so much to be thankful for. That when i walked away from my faith...God did not forsake me but kept at me until I opened the door, praise God that He does not abandon His children. i thank God for bringing life back into my son Daniel when he was born still and without a pulse or breath...I praise God that when he did finally make a gasping sound and we knew he would live...that when the doctors told us he would probably suffer from brain damage, he was wrong. Thank God that my son went all through school in the gifted classes with no brain damage. Praise God he is now in the alive and well and in the United States Air Force Praise God for talking my other son Shane down -from throwing himself off a mountain-in despair from struggles in drug addiction. THat when my son told God...I am playing my guitar on this mountain and If you cant give me a good reason to live I am throwing myself off....but no sooner had he said this than he saw three hikers climbing up the mountain...with guitars and they asked if they could play music with him...they were a young christian group and they ministered to my son and now my son three years later is healed and saved and in church every Sunday....and I am thankful that my third son, was rescued by God from a terrible accident when a 4 ton truck landed on him and broke his skull in three parts....I have so much to be thankful for that I could die this instant with no regret....I have a healthy husband and healthy children and a warm home and my mom and dad are alive and well....i am a daughter of the king and I live my life in Christ Jesus....which Is an exciting adventure...and now I have this new place where i can meet and commune with my brothers and sisters in Christ....and best of all...when this life is over....theres more...a big party where we can all meet and rejouce together with The Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit...Praise God

I thank God for being the head of my life. I thank Him for life...my life; because just like Cholette, there have been many times that I KNOW I should've been and actually suppose to have been dead.

I thank God for showing me and causing me to experience first hand that He is my "I AM". For without Him I am nothing.

I thank God for my children who are healthy and doing well in everything. I thank God for the call He has on their lives and how He uses them mightily even at their young and tender ages. I thank God for showing me daily how to be a Godly mother to them and raise them up in His Word...in holiness and righteousness.

I thank God for the measure of faith He gave me in the beginning and how He has caused it to increase along the way. I thank Him for every trial and every test that I've gone through (even those where I was kicking and screaming the entire time ) And I so thank Him for the times He has carried me when I was too tired to go on. I thank Him for the times He didn't remove me from the fire but He was the fourth man IN the fire ! (Well, in my case the 2nd man )

I could go on and on about how good God has been to me and my family. Words just aren't enough.

Thank you for starting this thread, Cholette! Just giving thanks brings me to tears! Oh, how I love the Lord! I was already fired up and in the spirit of worship this morning. I woke up this morning with a song playing in my room and it just blessed me so...

You are my passion. You're my one desire - you, Lord. Only you, Lord. Only you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya know I am so thankful the Lord sought me out and kept after me. I was a pretty pathetic soul and needed him badly.....like all of us I was running as fast as I could the other way, going nowhere. I am thankful for all the wonderful people I have met here and in my entire life. I am also thankful for those that are my church family and also for my real family. I am blessed and thanking my Lord and my King for being my everthing! Thank you Jesus!

Guest Guest
I am thankful To Jesus because when everyone abandoned me
the Only figure that stood next to me was Him.
I thank God for setting me apart ,for his cleansing and magnificent works on my life,even when it has been painful sometimes His mercy endures for ever.
I thank God for the live of my Mom,Brother ,Son and my Dog.
even when the enemy wanted to destroy all I got..My eyes and hopes still fixed on Jesus.
I thank God for His justice ,because regardless of the season I am
every day I am groing stronger on his word and purpose.
I thank God for his Provision because His word is true.
I thank You Lord for these group of friends I have interacted with on this site And blessed His name for ever for allowing me to share the things He had poured in my heart.
I thank The Lord for this Wonderful Land where I dwelt today,For this sky , For his people and for the Life that He has given me.
I thank The Lord for this path He had allowed me to walk,for this valley ,pit and desert season,Because I know now beyond the doubt that behind all of this lies the biggest blessing I could have and posses in my life.
I Bless and kneel in Front Of Jesus the Author of every Good thing in my Life.
I thank You Lord with all my heart For your Goodness and faithfulness.
Because My redeemer lives and great things I shall See and witness.
I thank you Lord for your love..and because you never forgot my name..
Blessed Be our God For ever and ever!
Glory to Jesus Our Lord!

I am thankful for some many things and people, including you lovely saints, as well as for the presence and power and love of the Lord, I am just unable to make the list.

Thats exactly what I am saying Dove...Amen..this whole thread is bringing tears to my heart as it should. Our God is an awesome God..The King not only of the Universe and beyond...but the King of our heart, the lover of our soul, the reason we live...all our hope and expectation. We are not able to comprehend the deepness and the wholeness and the goodness of the saviour of our soul...........but how He loves us. And Father God...do you feel the love from your children ...we are sending our love to you Father and to your beautiful boy...Jesus...We dearly love you..we love you Jesus....In these times it is all you....It all goes to you....For we are sending you a hug with all our heart and a longing to be face to face.....amen and amen and amen

Wow! I was amazed @ how i began to overflow with gratitude this season. I stand in awe of Jehovah Nissi- the Lord my banner- my strength. The one who keeps pushing my child and i thru this wilderness period into our promisedland. What my son and i have been thru this year is no joke but God's mercy and grace is amazing. Amazing love from our King. He kept my son and i together in the midst of wickedness. He is our salvation. Daily loads us with benefits. We have ppl who love us and care 4 us. The Lord led me to this site in the midst of intense pain. Love the Lord!