Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReallyCookin

The photobook is done

Sneak peek at the cover (gorgeous picture by Kathy Keeley):

10628811.jpg

I've decided the best way to handle the donations for the book will go as follows:

When you are ready to order your book, go to my page at the race for hope site:

http://www.braintumorcommunity.org/site/TR/Events/RFH-DC?px=1755762&pg=personal&fr_id=1490

Make a donation of $10 or more, then email me at declarationcharityproject@yahoo.com or PM me here with the name you used and how much you donated Then I will email the link to the purchase page for the book. The book itself will be the blurb.com price, no mark up. The book is 290 pages, and will be a standard landscape in hardcover imagewrap, which will be $83.95. The pricing page is here for anyone who wants to check:

http://www.blurb.com/create/book/pricing#standard-landscape

I'd rather everyone make the donations themselves rather than face any mistrust over myself handling the money. Now, this is all on the honor system. You can easily share the purchase link with each other, but I hope that everyone buying one will donate.

If you live out of the country, check the shipping info on blurb.com to see if they ship to you. They do ship to quite a few countries.

Thanks everyone!
~Daina

ETA:OK, I set up a paypal with the email I've been using for this project. If you want to donate something towards buying the boys copies, you can send it to:

declarationcharityproject@yahoo.com

Thanks guys!

Guest Guest
Thank you for doing this, Daina! I can't wait to get one.

Just so people can plan with the holidays coming up, how long will this be available for?

It's all uploaded now...

It will be available until The Race for Hope closes its 2010 donation period. I believe that means you'll have until next September to order.

I'm Not Worthy!

Can't wait to see the final product, though it may be a while. Between the Cali trip and my upcoming UNPAID student teaching adventures, I'm going to be strapped for cash for a while. But I can't wait to have one. Great

It's currently uploading to Blurb as we speak.

I've decided the best way to handle the donations for the book will go as follows:

When you are ready to order your book, go to the team page I set up for us at the race for hope site:

http://www.braintumorcommunity.org/site/TR?pg=team&fr_id=1490&team_id=33550

Make a donation of $10 or more, then email me at declarationcharityproject@yahoo.com or PM me here with the name you used and how much you donated Then I will email the link to the purchase page for the book. The book itself will be the blurb.com price, no mark up. The book is 290 pages, and will be a standard landscape in hardcover imagewrap, which will be $83.95. The pricing page is here for anyone who wants to check:

http://www.blurb.com/create/book/pricing#standard-landscape

I'd rather everyone make the donations themselves rather than face any mistrust over myself handling the money. Now, this is all on the honor system. You can easily share the purchase link with each other, but I hope that everyone buying one will donate.

The book should be ready in a couple hours, but you can make your donations anytime, and I'll start a list of those I need to email the link to when the book is finished.

If you live out of the country, check the shipping info on blurb.com to see if they ship to you. They do ship to quite a few countries.

Thanks everyone!
~Daina

Daina,
do you think they send it to Brazil ?

they sure do!!!

Quote :
Blurb ships to the following countries and territories:

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Micronesia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Virgin Islands (British)

Due to service limitations we may not be able to deliver to outlying regions not already listed above -- (e.g., Canary Islands, Channel Islands, etc.). Any local duties, customs, and taxes that apply must be paid by the recipient upon delivery.

they sure do!!!

Quote :
Blurb ships to the following countries and territories:

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Micronesia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Virgin Islands (British)

Due to service limitations we may not be able to deliver to outlying regions not already listed above -- (e.g., Canary Islands, Channel Islands, etc.). Any local duties, customs, and taxes that apply must be paid by the recipient upon delivery.

Thanks Daina !!
Blow Kisses

We can have a preview of the book anywhere ?

once you have the link, you can preview the entire book.

Ok Dear !! I'll make my donation this week - I hope !! Hug

God, I can't wait to order mine. I'm so excited. Daina I know you put a ton of work into this. Can't wait to see it. Tell me? Does Dave get a copy? Also are you offering or making this available on other DC boards, or just here.

Great job girl!

anyone is welcome to purchase. spread the word if you like. And yes, I'm hoping at some point to take up a collection for all the guys to have a copy... if you ladies are interested in helping out, let me know.

Guest Guest
Thanks Daina for all of your hard work. I hope the book motivates a lot of people to donate!

Guest Guest
cheers for WN power!

And Daina, thanks so much for doing this! It's an amazing project, well, now a reality! And I'm sure David's team will be again the #1 fund raiser! Awww Love

I'm hoping once david forms his team, they can merge us with him like they did last year. Slow poke needs to set up his page Wink

woke up to see that after one day, we're halfway to the $3000 goal I had set when I set up the page. Wow.

Guest Guest

That's awesome, Daina!!! cheers

I Melt with the book !

I spent almost one hour looking the preview !

I'd already ordered mine !!

I'm Not Worthy! Daina !! I'm Not Worthy!

You did an amazing job !! The book is awesome !!!
I cannot wait to have mine !!

Thank You! YOU ROCK DAINA !!! Thank You!

Daina,
do you intend to give him one copy of the book ?

I can't edit my previous post... (the edit option doesn't appears for me .. scratch )

What I wanted to say there is that : YOU made an amazing job !! Blow Kisses

I can't wait until Dave gets a copy of the book along with the $3000 page from Race For Hope. That's going to be awesome!! Great idea having a donation be a condition to purchasing the book!

Daina, are you going to set up a paypal account to collect the money for Dave's book?

I'll set up a paypal soon. Does everyone want to help me get one for each of the guys? I was also hoping to get one for Beth... Pretty sure we can raise enough for 6 books. We're word nerds after all. Wink It's what we do.

Just finished going through the book preview and all I can say is WOW amazing job Daina. Can't wait to get my copy. Very Happy

I'm sure we can raise enough to get 6 copies.

How long does it take to get the books? If we raised enough money, could someone possibly give the boys the books at the NYE shows in Cali?

Guest Guest
Just did my order and the free ground shipping code BLURBSHIP was still accepted.

It is just truly amazing-a real work of art and labor of love! Thanks again Daina!

Guest Guest

Seriously Daina, that book is amazing, stunning, beautiful!! Thank You so very much.... you rock!!! I'm Not Worthy!

How long does it take to get the books? If we raised enough money, could someone possibly give the boys the books at the NYE shows in Cali?

I think it would be great if we can give them the books at the NYE shows. It might be too complicated afterward.

Daina, I was wondering as to what happened to the bonus section? Don't get me worng I'm not complaining I absolutely love the book. you have done an amazing job. I'm just curious.

Just send my donation for the boys copy, please let me know if you got it.

Oh my this is very exciting. However it's gonna have to wait for me to get my copy. I fully intend on it, but it will have to wait until February. After that one of my huge bills will be paid off and I'll be able to afford it. I will also try to scrounge up some money to donate for the guys to have copies. I can't wait to see it!

anat, the bonus section was in, but in the end, didn't seem to fit with the theme of the book. I didn 't want it to feel like it was just stuck in there at the end, you know?

And yes, I got your contribution for the books for the boys.

We have almost enough for the first copy. I doubt with production times, shipping and the time it takes to collect the money that they will be ready by New Year's though. No worries, I can hold on to them Smile

Guest Guest
I'll be making my donation and PMing you for the link tonight, Daina. I can't wait to see the whole thing!

anat, the bonus section was in, but in the end, didn't seem to fit with the theme of the book. I didn 't want it to feel like it was just stuck in there at the end, you know?

And yes, I got your contribution for the books for the boys.

We have almost enough for the first copy. I doubt with production times, shipping and the time it takes to collect the money that they will be ready by New Year's though. No worries, I can hold on to them Smile

I completely understand. Thanks. Very Happy

is there any way in hell the price would ever come down? if not i dont see myself ever getting it. i have no job, and no cash and my parents said no way. (sucks being 15. Mad )

Guest Guest
The book looks beautiful, Daina! Great job!

@Kiera_94 wrote:
is there any way in hell the price would ever come down? if not i dont see myself ever getting it. i have no job, and no cash and my parents said no way. (sucks being 15. Mad )

Sorry, that is the price it costs to have it printed, there's no "profit" built in. Sometimes they run specials where they have 20% off codes. If I ever get one in my email, I'll post it.

Just to put it in perspective, the book holds 1742 pictures. It would cost more than twice that just to print them in 4x6 prints. Then you'd have to buy an album to hold them. It's actually a very economical solution to printing a lot of pics. It's also the cheapest place I could find to have a photobook made. I use this company for my own use as well for all those reasons. IMO it'a worth every penny.

It will be available for a while though. Maybe you could save up?

I second that. I have order from them a photobook, recently. And even with delivery costs it was the cheapest place I could find (even more then my local places). And it was so worth it. They did a wonderful job.

Guest Guest
I ordered mine yesterday and I'm considering it a Christmas present to myself. I can't wait to get it... the book is absolutely gorgeous, Daina!

I can't afford it now as well as I just broke the bank playing Santa for my kids! But I hope to get one eventually. Daina, the cover is breathtaking and if the contents match the gasp-worthy cover you girls are in for a real treat. Thanks for incorporating the charity aspect, how wonderful.

Actually, for that price, it really shoud include a bib or small cloth to wipe up the drool. You may want to have one on hand should a girl friend take a look see and not be aware of the effect Dave's photos can have. Enjoy everyone!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.