Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
realiTVlover

The Signal & Sentiments Part IV

The Who, What, Where, When, Why & How of the SIGNAL & SENTIMENTS?

The "Signal & Sentiments" thread is one of the very oldest traditions of the Word Nerds. This board, the Home of the Word Nerds, was created by a group of fans who met on the American Idol official forum while David was on the show, organized the fandom, and founded this permanent home for the Word Nerds. The Word Nerds were named as such after David Cook called himself a "word nerd" on the Top 20 show, and we have enjoyed playing with words in support of David ever since! One of our founders, Monica (lovincook) spearheaded the Signal & Sentiments.

It all started with the white belt. You see, one night, our very first Word Nerds Gone Wild night, I think, another of our founders, Jody (Jodie76), got it in her head that it would be really hot if David wore a white belt in his next performance. She went around to every thread there was declaring David should wear a white belt. She even described the whole outfit she wanted to see with the white belt. A couple days later, David wore not only a white belt, but the entire outfit she described. WooHoo!!

Until then, we didn’t know if David read the forums. Now that it appeared he did, we wondered if he’d give us a signal so we’d know for sure. There were a lot of ideas on what kind of signal to ask for and in the end we gave him two to choose the one he liked from, and the next show, he did it, he put his hand to his heart, The Signal, clear as day.
We kinda wigged out a bit when he first did it, lol.

The next week, people were suggesting all kinds of things to ask him to do, but Stacy (realiTVlover) wanted the one he chose to be the permanent signal rather than ask him to do something new for us every week. And Monica had the brilliant idea of something for us to do for him to tie together with it. Her idea was that a thread be created with Signal in the title since he obviously found those threads, and the focus of the thread be not only thanking him for so warmly giving us the Signal that he reads our words and acknowledges us, but that the thread he would likely seek out for the title be a place we can write letters to him. Letters of gratitude, congratulations, empathy, love & affection, encouragement, etc. And the two applied their love of alliteration (word nerd!) and creativity to come up with the very unique “Signal & Sentiments” title.

The S&S became such a beloved WN tradition, and so many of the letters were too beautiful to let disappear, and so Monica & Stacy decided to have all the letters professionally printed and bound, a single edition book to give to David so our letters could be with him forever. It was enormous, 534 pages with over 1200 letters in it. And on July 30, 2008, we got the book to him:

Meanwhile, we created this Home and a new S&S thread collecting letters and the first book was such a hit that we did another, given to David on April 4, 2009, and the third, which closed at the end of 2009, is in production to give to him sometime in 2010 - if you want to be on the cover of that one, stay tuned for a thread in the David Discussion when it's time for us to start collecting them. This thread right here will become Volume IV.

And David didn't stop giving us The Signal when the show ended. No, he did it throughout the AI tour. He did it on SNL. He did it during the album release party. And he's done it probably every show of the Declaration Tour. And if he sees you, a Word Nerd, in the audience give HIM The Signal, he often does it back. I think he is as, well, Sentimental, lol, about the S&S as we are.

So please take a moment every once in a while to write David a letter in here. He is known to definitely read Sentiments, and unlike messages sent to his myspace or DCO email, Sentiments won’t get lost in the hundreds he gets every day and can’t possible read all of even if they get marked as read. And unlike those, the Sentiments are permanent. When I gave David the S&Sv2, he let me know he has a special spot he keeps Book I, and said he wished he could thank every person who has written him one. So take a minute to write to David and let him know what he and his music have done for your life. So take a minute just to breathe, and think of everything you wanted, and what you got instead.

Guest Guest

Hey Dave! Isn't it crazy that it's 2010 already? HAPPY NEW YEAR!

From what I'm seeing the show at Pechanga yesterday was epic! Thanks to you David for all you've given us since you entered our lives in January of 2008. I think I've told you how much you and your music means to me but I wanted to start this book by saying how much the people I met through you mean as well. I live in a country far away from the States, so I haven't had the fortune of going to any of the Declaration Tour shows. I had the opportunity to go to the Charlotte AI tour show though. Awesome that this city was also the last stop of the DT Very Happy Where I met you for like 10 seconds to give you a cap I brought for you from my country.

In that trip, I also met Stacy (realiTVlover), the only other word nerd I've met up until now. We planed and founded this site together back in April 2008 and I didn't get to know her in person until August that year. Let me tell you, it was an epic reunion, lol. Thanks Stacy for welcoming me and hubby so warmly Awww Love

Well, I was saying that I've got to "virtually" know many awesome people among your fans who came together in this place we call the Word Nerd Home Very Happy It's been a pleasure and a privilege sharing so many things with them. And I can't thank all of them enough for their contributions, as well as all the photos, videos and recaps from the DT shows in particular, which made me feel I was actually there. And I have to tell you, it's been absolutely awesome. Congratulations for a wonderful, exciting, rock packed "tewer" cheers

This is all for now. I am stoked and expectant of what this new year will bring to us all. My wishes for the best to you, your family and the boys in the band.

Love always,
Made
From a country "far far away" called Uruguay Very Happy

Guest Guest

Dear David,

Happy 2010! Looks like you had a wonderful New Year's Eve last night. I wish I could have been there to share it, but I'm so thankful that we had many Word Nerds there with cameras to capture the moments for those of us who couldn't be there in person.

2010 will be another exciting year for you... the new album will come out, and then hopefully you will be right back on the road in your second solo tour. I can't wait, and have already started my DC&TA tour travel fund.

May this new year bring much love, good health, peace, and happiness to you and your family.

Love always,

Jeannie

If I keep eating these Christmas cookies I'm going to get fat
Instead I think I'll pop into a thread where I can choose This or That.

I'll do some exercise and "Everything will be alright"
But as of right now my pants are feeling kind of tight

Dear David,

Wow, this year has gone by so fast. Can't believe that today is the last day of 2009. And what a year it has been, for you and for us both. So many amazing moments, so many amazing memories, I really don't know where to begin. But I do know that a lot of this is thanks to you and to all the wonderful friends from all over the world I made because of you. Thank you for a great year, you certainly made it a memorable one.

Here is to an even more amazing 2010 with many more achievements and unforgettable moments. I'm looking forward to hearing more great music from you and to travel again to the states and see you and The Anthemic live once again, or maybe all of your international's fans would get their wish come true and you and the guys will come to us. How great that would be?

Happy New Year to you and to all your loved ones, I hope you'll get everything you wish for in this upcoming year.

Love always,
Anat (Israel)

Hi David 2009 has been one of the best years of my Life . You See i have met some Great Friends beacuse of this wonderful place Called The Word Nerd Home and beacuse of all the ladies and men who have followed you since Day 1 and i still see this growing and growing as you are each and every time you have stepped on the Stage, I just want to say Thank You For Being the Person you are and giving all of us the Best Music we have heard in a long time. You are Truly An Amazing man and deep down in my heart you will always be AMAZING I always say this beacuse it is so true .You Never Fail to Amaze. I Can't wait for the Next CD and The Next Tour. I will miss you while your away but im sure the end results will be well WORTH WAITING FOR. Please just don't get Writers Block.SmileSmile. I doubt highly that will ever happen.
Love Ya To Bits
Jan Rochester. N.Y.

Dear David,

Jan (right above me there) reminded me of the second show I got to see on the Declaration Tour, the one in her siggy, with her and her beautiful birthday cake, Niagara Falls. And she reminded me of The Signal you gave us, in your thank you banter before the Whoa!!!Whoa!!! s. And the way you gave a second signal, when a fan gave you the Signal and caught your eye. I'll never forget that moment. Thank you again for that. Your continuing to give us The Signal at shows... freaking amazing. You are moving on to huge things. But you're staying true to yourself, and you'll never forget your Word Nerds.

Love always,
Stacy, #266

Dear David,
I just wanted to thank you for seriously one of the best years of my life. Because of you I've been introduced to new music, new friends, and new opportunities. You & your music has really inspired me. I've always supported you since your days on Idol and will always in whatever endeavours you go through. You are not only an amazing singer & songwriter, but an amazing, down-to-earth person as well. Your lyrics speaks volumes to me. I want to thank you for the chance and opportunity of being able to see you live in concert and being able to meet you. I can't wait for the next album, tour, and to see what 2010 has in store for you! Again thanks for everything and can't wait what this year has in store for you & the Anthemic. Remember,us Word Nerds will always suppport you in everything you do. Thanks, David! =)

"Live Everyday Like It's the Best Day Of Your Life" =)

Sincerely,
Steph from New Jersey =)

Guest Guest
Dear David,

I watched you on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition last night... and yes, I cried. You are an amazing person, and I am so proud to be your fan! Kori rocks, and the help you gave to her and her family is wonderful. I had the privilege of helping a bit when they made over a house in my hometown, and I know what wonderful things this show does for people in need. It's an awesome feeling being part of that, isn't it?

Thank you for being the person you are. Thank you for caring, and for all you do to help make the world a better place. Thank you for reminding us and inspiring us to help in our own small ways to be a part of that. I truly believe that working together, we will find a cure for cancer.

Love always,

Jeannie

David Watching Extreme Make Over Home Edition was the Greatest Highlights of things to come in this year for you and your fans who follow you every step of your Adventures. I'm so Happy to be one of your True Fans and Also Extremely Proud beacuse of the Fact that I have been with You Every Step of your Wonderful Adventures. I will continue to Follow you beacuse your a Hero in so many ways . I live most of my days by the words There's A Hero In Us All., for a reason that makes so much sense to Me.
Love ya to bits
Jan xoxoxoxoxo

Guest Guest
David,
I can't find the right words anymore. You are just phenominal. To see you giving not only to Kori, but to her friends and to those children at the hospital on EM:HE, to see your kindness and your heart..sometimes, it's too much for me. Oh what I wouldn't give for more men to be like you. This may sound weird, but I always looked up to John Wayne (being a REAL Man) and ya know what? So far, you've eclipsed even him as far as I'm concerned.

Thank you for being real, David. Thank you for caring in a world that seems to only care about the bottom line. Thank you.

Love you till the end of forever,
Vikki (Huntwork aka Beloved122082)

Guest Guest
Dear David,

It took me a long time to find the right words to tell you thanks.

*takes a deep breath*

Dickens once wrote, "Reflect on your present blessings..." I am blessed that you and your music have come into my life.

I want to tell you "Thank you," But it doesn’t seem enough.
Words don’t seem sufficient--

Please know I really appreciate you. You’re special, and that’s a fact!
Your helpful, giving ways, and how your generous heart, your unselfishness displays.

Thank you for your music!
Thank you for the good times. Thank you for the memories past,
present and future that I'll always treasure.

Thank you for being the person you are:
kind and thoughtful, sensitive and considerate,
For making us feel special and important.
Thank You for being you.

Thank You: Two small words to convey the infinite feeling in my heart.

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Dear David,
It's already 2010, and I'm here to thank you for the amazing year of 2009 that you gave me - you gave us all !!
Thank you guy for everything you shared with us:
Songs, shows, words, jokes, emotions, smiles, heart, soul, tears, life.
Thank you guy for really wear "your heart upon your sleeve" !
Thank you for your beautiful soul and warm big heart !

I'm not sure that you can measure the real impact you had and continues to have on us - your fans.
That you could realize how our lives had changed when you became part of them.
Your presence makes our days brighter, full of music, colors, hopes, dreams !
You made us better human beings with your examples of dignity, courage and compassion !

2009 was one of the best years of my life - because of you !
Full of friends I got to know because of you and whose friendship warms my days and nights.
Friends all over the world, bonded by a common love - the love for this amazing artist and human being that you are !

But more than anything, 2009 was amazing and will be unforgettable for me because, though living in another country and against all odds to fufill my dream of seeing one of your shows, I was blessed enough to realize it, and saw you performing live last August, and for me it was really "The time of my life".

I hope 2010 could bring you even more success and glorious moments ! You deserve all the best at your life !
That your new album could be even more amazing, the album of your dreams, and could give you more platinum disks, awards, recognition !
That you could make another blasting tour, surrounded by the affection and warmth of your friends and passionate fans !
That you could also win many new fans: thousands of people surrended to your talent.

I hope too, that this year I could be blessed again and have another chance to see you at the stage.
That I could relive the wonderful moments that I experienced watching your show and seeing you sing so close to me !

Last, but not least, I hope that you could find time at your busy schedule, to come to Brazil and all South America to a tour of shows.
You already know you have so many fans here, and the great part of them cannot travel to US to see you (like me and other ones did) and whose only chance to see you is on a show at their own countries.
Think about this ! Please !!!

Love you guy !
I hope I could see again soon !!
XOXO

~Chris
(WN #2960 - Piper)
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Dear David,

20 months ( as of yesterday) since your idol Victory! How cool!

In this month, your Team for a Cure raised 30,000 for the Washington DC Race for Hope, you performed at Pachenga Resort in California for New Year’s Eve, tons of interviews happened, your episode of Extreme Makeover:Home Edition aired, Light On is on the “Now That’s What I Call Love” cd, “Permanent” landed at #7 on AOL Radio's American Idols Top 10, and LIGHT ON IS NOW OFFICIALLY PLATINUM!!! Congratulations! Such exciting news indeed!!! 2 platinum singles!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!! And you’ve been working hard on Album #2, which is always cool news indeed.
Take care, take care of yourself and remember…

“Put something silly in the world that ain’t been there before…”

~CookieTime, WN#1644

Guest Guest
Freakin Sweet ..... just sayin' ;-)

media_10.png

Dear David,

I've never written one of these to you, for fear of my writing not being too good. But I decided today was the day for me to finally write one.

I'd like to start off by saying thank you to you for wearing the Drew's Army bracelet I gave to you back in October in Providence, RI. You made a 10 year old boy suffering with Leukemia very very happy. So I honestly thank you for that. It meant a lot to me, and a lot to Drew. Drew is doing well right now, and is continuing his treatment. My prayers are with him and I hope yours will be too.

Meeting you both times that I have has meant the absolute WORLD to me. You are the most inspiring person and looking up to you is the biggest honor. Please keep being amazing and true to who you are. Because I love the person that you are. (As do all the Word Nerds!)

I also wanted to say thank you for the Declaration Tour last year. I got to come to 3 of your shows (in Providence, RI, Ledyard, CT, and Northampton, MA) and they were the best days of my life. Coming to your shows has caused me to meet so many amazing people and people I am truly happy to now call my friends.

I just want you to know how much you mean to me and to please never change. You are so inspiring, as well as your music.

Totally wish I was coming to see you at the Morongo in California, but it's too far away Crying non-stop
Please come back to the East Coast!! (Play a show in NYC!! WooHoo!!)

And in the meantime, KEEP WRITING AMAZING SONGS!!!! Great

(By the way, I was listening to Mr. Sensitive and Heroes as I wrote this) cheers

Catch you on the flip side Wink

Love always,
Kelly
(WN #615 --KrdCookie)
New Hampshire

Dear David,

Wow. Two years it's been since you walked into the judges room, clad in a sweater vest and mohawk on your head. It seems like it was just yesterday that we were all watching you sing Bon Jovi and go to Hollywood. But it was really two freakin years ago and that's insane. I kinda cant believe it. I had no idea that this guy on TV would change my life so much.
I'm just so friggen proud of everything you've had the priveledge to accomplish over these two years. Just to think you were living off a friends couch with forty dollars in your pocket not that long ago. Winning the biggest TV show in the country. Having a platinum record and two platinum singles. Being able to go overseas and sing for the troops. Having your first tour ever last ten damn months (That's just a little rediculous and amazing lol). I'd say it's been a pretty good two years. Very Happy
My life would pretty much suck without you...and I'm not even exaggerating that. The past year or so hasnt been the best for me outside of the little Word Nerd bubble I like to live in. I feel like I take on a lot more than most 15 year olds do and it becomes a lot of pressure on me. I think the only thing that gets me through absolutely anything is you and your music.
I suddenly have hope and courage. Putting on a brave face isnt so hard anymore. I believe in your music and you as a person more than anything else. A lot of the time it's the only thing I believe in. While your hair and look my have changed, I've changed so much as a person. I think being a teenager is a lot easier when you have someone as amazing as yourself to look up to as a role model.
When I see the people who are in the public eye now and get all the attention, I really wonder what people are thinking and why this seems acceptable. Then I look at the things you do. The Race for Hope. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Going to visit childrens hospitals in your freetime. I suddenly have faith in the fact that there are still good people in the world. While you may not get all the attention in the tabloids for doing these things, but you still are. You're doing these amazing things because you want to and that makes you a hero.
To think if Andrew never forced you to audition huh? Life would be so different and kind of lonely lol So once again...thank you for EVERYTHING you've done in the past few years. I cant begin to tell you how many lives you've truly changed.

Two years down...A lifetime more to go!
Love Always,
Mal

David Dear,

End of January. I can briskly reckon that one year ago I was too frustrated and depressed about the supposedly January concert in the Philippines not pushing through. I remembered not being able to get any inspiration with anything I need to do. Then I have fumbled along the webs of depression and made it through. Somehow you have shown me that patience and hardwork is the key to anything. That we should ultimately hope for the best and yet remain on the ground getting ready for the worst to come. Thus I had my hopes up to continually manage to push the dream of watching you perform live.

It was indeed granted, the perseverance and countless nights of praying. It's still sad that I haven't had the chance to meet you. The best consolation was meeting the band though. You are the first prize and they are the bonus. So getting the bonus and not the first prize is somewhat on the winning end too. Plus getting the only acknowledgment on the concert with the banner I made out of love and appreciation to your sexy guitar player is indeed a memory worth being treasured.I know I have thanked you countless of times already, but I don't think it is enough for all the wonderful things you have shared with us. For all the the joys and the smiles, the laughter, inspiration, love, respect. Every little thing of you just gives me bundles of happiness that I don't think will end soon. January is the start of the year and having it with you is insanely pleasurable. It is an uncontrollable bliss that gradually increases as months pass. I don't care what other people thinks cos I'm having the time of my life. Hearing news such as new record coming up just made the year simply awesome. You are one of a kind and I'll be forever proud being your fan. The upcoming record will be an eclectic piece of genius music that will be worth buying, owning, listening and living with. It will be a treasure.

I look forward hearing, watching, traveling the road you have taken supporting you for years to come. Hopefully you'll find your way to the Philippines. My hopes are up and I'm game to waiting. If the odds will beat me to it. I'll pack my bags and see you on the other side of the world.

Le gra go deo,
Jovelyn

PS: I hope the sweets that we have given last year gave you pleasure or atleast you liked it. Love you dude!

David,

I don't know where to start....what an UH-MAZ-ING freaking year!!! I was fortunate enough to be able to go to 4 of your shows on the Declaration Tour. Each show holds a special memory for me.

Knoxville was my first show...I stood in line from 9am until the show started at around 9pm. SO worth it....even with the stupid tornado warnings!! I had a special shirt made to wear and also a hat made for you. Well, I held onto it all through the show and my sister in law kept driving me crazy about trying to get it up to you on the stage!! There was one point that she had ALL the people around us screaming your name, and you were finally like, "WHAT?!?!" from the stage! For a brief second, you were actually talking to me from the stage while I held up the hat! I finally threw it up on the stage after the encore songs and while you were throwing out guitar picks....you picked it up and put it on immediately. Yes, I have the video.

From Knoxville, me and my cousin drove to Memphis. This was her first ever David Cook experience. She was basically only going because I asked her to and because she thinks you're hot! Haha!! Well, she walked out of there a fan. We met some wonderful people while waiting in line that day. You went out for a run that morning and I looked and you were wearing the hat I gave you the night before. That freaking made my day. I think I sent out a mass text to everyone in my contact list about it. It was also the first time I heard "Hot for Teacher" live. Um...I had never wanted to be a teacher more in my life than I did in those few moments. I also made a sign that said "I gave you that hat last night". You acknowledged it from the stage, and again, for the second night in a row, you were talking to me from the stage. Yes, I have the video. (And it is also on YouTube!!) I was thisclose to meeting you after the show, but by the time I got to the barricade you were at the end of it and it was time for you to go.

The next show I got to go to was the Athens show. I wasn't sure that it was going to happen, but you, being the AMAZING man you are played despite the loss you were experiencing. That was a show I will never forget. You opened with "Heroes" and it brought tears to my eyes...especially when you sang that you were right where you wanted be, and you pointed out over the crowd as you sang "with you and you alone". We all felt it. Still gives me goosebumps thinking about it.

My last show on this *tewer* was when you came back to Knoxville for your 100th show. I wear my tshirt all the time...and PROUDLY! My cousin came with me again, and also my sister in law who was at the first Knoxville show, and I finally had convinced my mom to come to one with me. She was totally rocking out during Bar-Ba-Sol!!! I loved every second of it! She saw me in my element that night and we had a blast!

So many memories...and each one with you in the very center of them. I had the privelege of meeting some new friends and I still keep in touch with them. Again, you are at the center of these friendships.

I watched your audition video the other day, and I actually laughed out loud 'cuz Randy said that you need to work on your stage presense or persona or something like that. If he has been to ANY of your shows, I bet he is eating his words!! You absolutely put on the most incredible shows I have ever seen....and then add in the fact that you actually interact with your audience...there really aren't words enough to describe how I felt when I left each of these concerts.

I cannot WAIT to see what you have in store for us in 2010. This will be YOUR year all the way...I know it with all my heart. You deserve everything great that is going to happen to you this year. I cannot wait for the new album...I know it is going to rock my socks.

OK well this is long enough I guess...better give the other Nerds some space to write, too! Wink When you come back to Knoxville, and decide you wanna do something fun, I have the hook-up to Dollywood. Just sayin. (Oh come on...you KNOW you have always wanted to go there!!) Hahahaha!!

Until the next S&S (or "M" hehe),
Angie aka davidhasmyheart

Dear David

just wanted to tell you I have loved music all my life ..and never has a artist
touched my soul so deeply I don't know what it is about your voice just draws me in its amazing !! and it seems like you have a heart of gold I know your have your faults everyone does but you hide yours very well .. had to go and see you 4 times last year I have been to plenty of concerts in my day but never did I see the same artist 4 times in one year ...just could help myself if you were near I was there ...hope you put out a live CD one of these years that would be great cause your on fire when you are live Mega Rock of course can't wait for the new cd and to see you out on the road again ......love and respect you always Dawn (wn# 3766) NJ

Guest Guest
Dear David,

I haven't been here for awhile, but just wanted to pop in and say how much I love the little snippet of the new song you used for background music on your latest vlog. It sounds awesome, and I can't wait to hear more!

Thank you for all the tweets, and for the vlog, and for just keeping in touch with us. It really means a lot to us all. It sounds like things are going great towards the sophomore album, and hopefully the next few months will pass quickly so that we can hear it!

I can't be in California for the show later this month (stupid tax season... it sucks being a CPA from January through April) but I'm looking forward to the pictures and videos that I'm sure we'll be getting. I've missed having that to look forward to since the tour ended.

Take care of yourself, and enjoy working on the album!

Love,

Jeannie

Dear David,

I know it's silly, but I think it's kinda cool that we both around the same time decided to get serious about our health and get a personal trainer. It's almost like we're doing it together, lol. But really, that you tweet about it often, it makes us all feel like we're going through it with you, which is very cool of you. A lot of people have been saying that they think your tweets about working out are meant to be teases. They probably are, lol, but, going through the same thing, I think they're more about you just being honestly excited about it and into it, and probably surprised that you're actually liking a lot of things about it. I hope you achieve all your fitness goals. I'm training for the Race for Hope too as one of mine. I know I'm better than you at cards, let's see if I can beat your time running too! Razz Luckily for me, you'll never challenge me to a singing contest. Laughing

Anyway, today I was inspired to write you a Sentiment because Chris started a great thread in the DD with the nearly impossible challenge of choosing our one favorite song from the Declaration Tewer. For me, every song I had the privilege of hearing you sing live, at one show or another really affected me in one way or another. But my answer to the game was clear-cut. "Anodyne." I went back and watched a few different videos from that show - Newburgh, my first show of the tour - and found myself openly weeping.

That song makes me think of someone I love dearly, my "one-leaf clover." It's my sister, my only sibling. I think of you losing your brother, to another monstrous demon, and don't know how I could make it without my little sister. You are so, so strong to be holding up right now. I'm sure with the whirlwind that is touring over, if you're anything at all like me, stopping on a number of levels causes everything that's been running after you to suddenly catch up, crash down like a tidal wave. I'm amazed it hasn't overwhelmed you and I think you're incredible and I can't WAIT to hear what kind of amazing music comes out of this time of highs and lows. I think you have another "Anodyne" in you. More than one. I think you have so much in you and I just want to hear it. Now! I'm impatient (obviously), so if you have another song ready, and want to use those of us at the Morongo Casino show later this month as guinea pigs, I'm alright with that. More than alright.

Anyway, since I brought up "Anodyne," I wanted to apologize to you. I'm sure you don't remember, but at my last show, which was in Providence, I saw you & the guys at a M&G after the show. I only got to hear Anodyne that one time, nearly a year ago, but it's moved me I think more than any other song ever. Anyway, I thanked Neal for the song, and tend to be able to focus only on one person at a time, so you had to remind me that you were part of creating that song too. I knew that, and I feel bad for the unintentional slight, so, I'm sorry. Thank YOU for Anodyne. Especially since, IMO, you own that song. Some MWK songs I like yours and Andy's versions. But that one... the depth of emotion and sensuality you put into singing that song is absolutely astounding. It blew me away the first time I experienced it and it still does today. Your voice has innumerable types of expressiveness and IMO no one else in the world can do what you do with that voice. Because it all comes from your ability to tap into somewhere inside you that most people never reach in themselves. And you do it every night you hit the stage. And your singing, your songs, have reached those depths in me I might never have reached had your music not come into my world.

So... thank you. From the bottom of my heart. For Anodyne. For all your music.

I hope your Valentine's Day is full of love and sharing.

Love always,
Stacy, #266

Guest Guest

Hi there! Just popping in to wish you a very Happy Valentine's day with your loved ones Awww Love Hope you get our card too Very Happy

Also, I wanted to thank you for your tweets. As you said in the last EW interview, it is a great way to keep in touch with one another. You can't imagine how important those tweets are for your fans. More so, now that we are all expectant about how your new album is progressing. Every lil' bit of info you share with us is priceless Very Happy

Hope you can get out a single off of it in time for you perform it on Idol this year *crosses fingers* Funny thing is that when you read this, we'll KNOW what happened, LOL.

Be assured there are tons of people backing you up and supporting and encouraging you and your music.

Love always,
Made

P.S. BTW, sorry about the hit and run cabbie Very Sad F--- Him!!! Thanks God nothing happened to you! Well, "see" ya later!

Guest Guest
Dear David,

Happy Valentine's Day. I hope you got to spend it with the people you love and cherish the most.

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Guest Guest
Dear David,

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you can have a nice relaxing day spent with good friends. Enjoy the day!

Love always,

Jeannie

Guest Guest
Dear David,

Happy Valentines Day! I hope today brings you much happiness & maybe even a round of golf! Whatever you do, I hope you get to spend it with those you love!

A year ago today, I was driving back to South Florida from Tallahassee. It was a day that will always hold a special place in my heart-so on "Hearts Day" I once again say thank you for being you, the man & the musician who stole my heart that night~ (and I'm alright with that)!

I also want to thank you for the great Idolatry interview. It was wonderful to hear you talk about your music & about us, your fans so warmly. IMO it once again shows why we will always be here to support you. You are an amazing talent but more important, an amazing person.(FYI~I know that as my hubby will tell you that I am always right~wise man!)

On that note~looking forward to seeing you in CA in 13 days! (and if you are reading this,can we get "The Truth" at the show :-) Hey-If you don't dream big.....

With love today & always,
Barb
Florida~ "Absolutely" the best place to start a tour!

Hey David ,

I know I’m late with this but I cant believe it’s 2 yrs since you walked into that audition room with a red Mohawk and that voice that came out of you just blew me away I know I got chills. I cant believe how much has happened since. Your album came out which is amazing, going on tour must have been a thrill it was like the never ending tour but it made me so happy to see you on the stage performing cause I know that’s what you love to do . I just wish I could have been apart of it I promise next tour I will be there in person to support you but I did enjoy watching videos every night from the fans who were nice of enough to share with others. Which btw!! Your were just amazing in every one . Ryan Star , GRO, The Script, Crash Kings, Need to Breathe all those people you brought on tour must have been such a honor for you and them, you sure introduced me to a lot of new music .
Lets not forget you appearance on Extreme Home Makeover Edition that really touched my heart a lot and made me even see more what a great person you are you always think of others before yourself , your always willing to help others out you have the biggest heart in like the whole wide world literally. It also helped me gain a better heart too. I did so many things that I know you would be proud of me for. I hope this doesn’t sound bad but without your music and your amazing self I don’t know where I would be right now . I learned from you that its okay to help out and give to other’s when there struggling , you taught me to never give up to keep following my dream ignore the rejection’s but listen to the negativity cause that may help me along the way. I say this a million times but I never get sick of telling you it and I’m sure you love hearing it too but I am so proud to be a wordnerd & a huge fan of yours I like how you always think of us first even when it comes to things that aren’t that important I’m glad to be part of all this with you. Thank-you for giving me confidence so I don’t keep putting myself down, keeping me strong so I don’t fail I swear you give the best advice on things I’ve been through a lot of crap lately and know that I have someone that I look up to so much makes me feel better and last but not least thanks for basically being my hero, my Idol know matter what you do you got me and the rest of your fans right behind your back you will never disappoint us and if you do make a mistake oh well we all do that and but we always learn from them too. Their gonna kill me if i dont add this thank-you for giving me such great friends on here i am so happy i made friends for like on here and i dont know what i'd do without them .

Love Always
Amanda (WN #87)
Buffaluvdaveysdancer.

P.S. thank-you for that last Vlog and giving us a snippet of the song im soo looking forward to your new cd i know its going to be even more amazing . I cant wait for everything and what you brings us this time around Smile ILY

Guest Guest
I keep trying to write something for this thread. Trying to find a way to tell David what he and his music mean to me without sounding like a raving lunatic or dirty old lady. So I write....then I edit. Then I write and edit some more and finally I just erase the entire thing. Yesterday a friend gave me some good advice. She said "Just write a damned Sentiment already. You'll feel better". After reading her message once or twice(okay maybe four or five times) I realized exactly what I wanted to write about.

Dear David,

I've started and erased at least a dozen letters to you. They talked about everything from how music helped to heal my heart, how your voice and lyrics go through me and sooth my soul to how your innate charm makes me smile and the way your beautiful eyes make me feel every word you sing.

But I decided after getting a note from a friend that those aren't the things I really want to write about. So I will say a simple THANK YOU for the music and tell you what the most important things are that you have brought to my life. They are friendship and a sense of community. There are people that I have met through your music who have become great friends. People who now know me well enough to give me strength, laughter and even a good kick in the ass when I need it. You have given me a community in the Word Nerd Home. This place gives me a sense of purpose, it makes me feel appreciated and needed. The Home is a place for warmth, laughter, beautiful photos/videos and even more beautiful music. It is a place full of hope, anticipation, angst, love, support and comfort.

So thank you for being an amazing enough artist and man that we were able to build this online community and keep it going strong for the last 20 months. Thank you for creating music that attracted some really incredible people who I am proud to call friends.

Wishing you all the best in your life, Barb

Guest Guest
Dear David,

Loved your "completely pointless" vlog. You made my day with that.. lmao! Thanks for keeping in touch with us, it means alot.

FLOOR TAQUITOS FTW!!! Nothing wrong with the '10 sec rule' and I will add that I myself have left my pride on many a glass door (a la Matthew Perry in The Whole Nine Yards)

Seems like the writting process is going well. I just know you will blow us away with yet another amazing album!! Getting excited, can't wait to hear it!

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Dear David,

Your new haircut is amazing. Whoever did that lovely work of art on your head deserves a really big hug. You look great. Smile

Love you!!!
~Mal

Guest Guest

Hi Dave, just popping in to say how happy I am for you and your trip to Europe! You must be stoked too (I don't believe the "moderately" excited part of your tweet, LOL) BTW, soo sorry about the guitar Very Sad

Hope you have a great, great time in London and wherever else you are going! Good writing and sightseeing!

Oh, I just realized that when you read this, your album will have been released! Can't wait Excited

Love always,
Made ♥

Hey David ,

It's 2 yrs today since you pretty much cookified the whole world with your "Hello" performance including me it's amazing huh ? So happy for where you are today *brings tears to my eyes* Awww Love

Love ya

Amanda

Guest Guest
Hey Dave,

Hope you are having a blast in England!! Thank you for the twitter updates. It's so great that you keep in touch with us. The Abby Road Vlog.... LOVE IT!!!

Also, I can't believe it's been 2 years since you won my heart with your version of 'Hello'. At that moment I knew that you would win. Now here you are working on your Sophomore album. My how times passes by so quickly.

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Dear David!

I wanna say thank you for being a part of my life ever since you won my heart with your version of ''Hello'' (can't believe it's been 2 years already) and changed my life 4ever! I'm so happy that you're keeping us up-to-date with what you're doing in England ( loved that Abby Road Vlog Btw!) and the new song snippet sound incredible! Hope you're having a great time there and keep up the amazing work. I cannot wait for your new album to come out and the tour to start over again ( i was lucky to attend 8 declarations tour stops, 4 in the States and all 4 in Canada! and made friends along the way thanx to you ) I feel that the next album is gonna blow us all away (not that I don't love DCTR 'coz I do).

With Love from Quebec, Canada

Wordnerd 4 Life

Stephora

Declaration tour '09: 13/03;23/05;03/08;04/08;02/10;03/10;14/11;16/11

Oh one More thing! I wanna THANK U For ur shout out to the people of Haiti and Chile in Palm Springs ( i'm haitian so it totally made me cry and think about the people in our family we lost). but you're such a CLASS ACT for that!

THANK U AND PLEASE DON'T EVER CHANGE!

You've got one of the biggest hearts ever!

Stephora

Dear David,

I can't believe it's been 2 years since you transformed a cheesy 80's ballad into a a song that would end up being the first step to transforming my life. How much has changed for me in that time? Not nearly as much as has changed for you, I imagine. Are we the same people we were 2 years ago? I think we've progressed. But still the same at the core. IDK. I'm feeling strangely philosophical today and yet not capable of adequately expressing my thoughts. So this probably reads like having to endure reading philosophy does to me!

Anyway, I wanted to thank you for the awesome show Saturday. Your voice was amazing and it was so awesome of you to give us a NEW SONG! Excited And I'm glad I was lucky enough to hear you sing "Make Believe" which has become a favorite of mine. I really identify with the lyrics, the chorus especially. It's like you put my thoughts & feelings to music. Thank you for sharing that song with us. Heart

Love always,
Stacy

Dear David,
Hey! it's been a while! I just want to say how I miss you so bad. I hope you still find your way again here in Manila. Thank you for all the beautiful music you've been sharing with us. You are my inspiration. Listening to your music is my therapy.

I will always love you! God bless!!

Love,

Vangie

keep3126.jpg

Dear David,

Almost exactly two years after the first one...
 jjfsig10.jpg

We still love you too, David.

And you and the boys KILLED it with Jumpin' Jack Flash. Mega Rock

Love always,
Stacy, #266

David, watching you perform and sing that cover of "Jumping Jack Flash" was amazing i dont even know that song well but you made it sound so much better then the first everytime i see you on that idol stage i fall inlove all over ! Your so amazing and you know it too !!

Guest Guest
Dear David,

Thank you... thank you for the absolutely awesome version of Jumpin' Jack Flash on Idol last night! It was so great to see you back on that stage, and absolutely owning it! You and the guys looked fantastic and sounded amazing, and it brought back such wonderful memories to see you there!

So excited to hear you are going to Africa for IGB! I can't wait to see the video on the show.

And the new album? Can't wait! It's plain to see how excited you are, and we can't wait for it either. 2010 is shaping up to be another fantastic year for you and for us.

Did you see you were trending on twitter again last night? And once again, your Word Nerds prove that "we sing, we dance, we crash things" as twitter went over capacity. No surprises there.

And thank you once again for the Signal. We love you too, David. Always!

Jeannie

Guest Guest
Dear David,

Wednesday on Idol, yet another stellar performance. Your cover of Jumpin' Jack Flash...... Fan-tab-u-lous!!! Again another reason to why YOU became THE American Idol!! You, Neal, Andy, Kyle and Monty OWNED that stage!!

Idol Gives Back - you in Africa - what can I say...... WOW!!! I cannot wait to see this, it is going to be amazing. *stocks up on tissues* It is such an inspiration to all that you are doing this..... that you CONTINUE to do things like this! You truly are amazing - inside and out! Thank You <3

New album!! Yup..... excited as hell (as we see you are too, lol) You can't wait to get it out for us, and we can't wait to hear it!

BRING ON THE 2010 TEWER!!!

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Dear David,

Well, it’s been a while, and a lot has happened. So I decided that I should probably write something to mark the beginning of Book IV!
Since my last entry,

FEBRUARY: Your version of “Billie Jean” was used by Meryl Davis and Charlie White, the Gold Medal winning Ice Dance champions of the 2010 US National Figure Skating Championships, “Come Back To Me” was covered during Hollywood Week of American Idol Season 9; leading to a jump on Itunes and Richard Rushfield from US Today tweeting this: “richardrushfield Gotta say, this song holds up. Hats off Mr. @thedavidcook”, you posted a blog video thing from New York City with a new song playing in the background, you were on Idolatry (YAY!), you were one of the 10 best Hollywood Week Performances Ever according to the NYPost for “Everything I Do”.

MARCH: “Heroes” was used at the Winter Olympics in a montage of Bode Miller, “Billie Jean” was used at the Winter Olympics for figure skaters Meryl Davis and Charles White, Simon said this on an episode of Season 9’s Idol: “I think you’ve got to be original. I remember David Cook. There’s a reason he did so well and he suddenly came in the front when he competed is that he managed to find interesting versions of well-known songs and did them in his style. He was smart.” You did a concert (with Carly!) and performed a new song, you crossed Abbey Road in the UK, you recorded songs, performed on American Idol Season 9’s Top 12 Episode, this performance of “Jumpin Jack Flash” is going on Itunes and you’re going to Africa for Idol Gives Back!

Happy 22 months to your career!
Take care, take care of yourself and remember…

“ Put something silly in the world that ain’t been there before…” -Shel Silverstein

~CookieTime WN#1644

Guest Guest

Hey, David! I'm just speechless (for once, LOL)! Just popping in to tell you how great you and the boys looked on the Idol stage performing JJF and how you just kicked ass!!!

Also wanted to leave a note saying how stocked all of us are to know you're going to Africa with the UN! We know how much you care for these things and I think the UN couldn't have chosen a better ambassador Awww Love You take care and have a great time -don't know if "great" is the right word but I'm sure at least it will be a truly moving, enlightening experience for you and Neal. We're all buying tissues by the dozen for when they air the episode on Idol! Want some?

And last but not least, a new single in April?!?!? Really???? Excited Can't wait for that, the new album, and tewer! I hope I'll be able to travel to the States to see you live with the boys *crosses fingers and toes*

See ya around Wink

Love always,
Made

Hi David Well its been a week now since you were back on the Idol Stage and since the Video was posted i watch it Every day and start my day with that performance of JJF. Im not a fan of the RS but i just got to say when you and the guys did that performance i was out of my chair i couldn't sit still but you see that always happens when ever your announced. When Ryan started saying heres a guy that did quite well in season 7 I immedietley got the chills and started getting all antsy pants. Very Happy I don't know what it is but for some reason when ever your name comes out of some ones mouth thats what happens. Not any one ever has been able to do that . YOUR AMAZING and I Love Ya TO BITS Can't wait for the New CD so could you please hurry it up a little bit ???? No Pressure Dave .
Please!Please! I hope a tour is in the future too
Love Ya
Jan
Rochester N.Y.

Hi My Sweet David Cook,
What Do I really like about you my sweet Cookie? You are very well talented, very sweet, loving, kind hearted, very personable, very friendly and etc..... You actually make rock music more fun by taking songs, and putting your own special touch on it to make it your own style as a rock star. That is what I really like about you. I also admire your friendship to David Archuleta. I love you Cookie with all my heart. You are an awesome role model that I look up to you Cookie. I am very proud of you Cookie that makes me very proud to be a David Cook fan forever. You have a beautiful voice and I love it when your pitch reaches the high notes it sounds, so fluently beautiful that takes my breath away every time. Yes! I am always praying for you Cookie everyday. I have always RESPECTED you from the beginning of American Idol Season 7, and I will continue to do that for you forever. You can count on me one of your special word nerds supporters! I love the debut album very much and I can not stop listening to it. The debut album rocks my world. I hope someday when you come back to San Diego, California my hometown for your solo tour that I will get to meet you Cookie my "One Tough Cookie" role model. I hope you are having the "Time of Your Life" Cookie. I will always keep you Cookie close to my heart forever. You are my "One Tough Cookie" role model Cookie!
Your San Diego, California Word Nerd: Christina Morrison Word Nerd # 2772

Dear David,

I just read about your press conference from Ethiopia and your words were... beautiful, heartfelt, touching, insightful, inspiring,... I don't have enough words to express how impressed I was by it. Or more to the point how much I was moved by it. Your description of your reaction to the images during IGB 2 years ago is haunting and I can totally see why you felt the strong urge to be more a part of IGB when you had the chance. Visits to places like that, "third world" places, where life is so very different, but people are so very much the same, it really sinks into your psyche in a way that I've never found the words to describe, but I love the way you did. Thank you for sharing that with us. And so eloquently that I think even people who've never experienced it can actually get it to a certain extent. I really look forward to seeing more of you giving and sharing and seeing how the experience changed you.

Love always,
Stacy, #266

Guest Guest
Dear David,

For the past couple of days, I've been watching your vlogs, looking at the pictures, and reading the press conference transcripts from your trip to Ethiopia. To say how impressed I've been would be an understatement. Your caring, your compassion, your eloquence, your ability to inspire all shine through in every image and word.

Call it fate, call it destiny, call it what you will... but I have always believed that things happen for a reason. There was a reason you decided at the last minute to audition for Idol. There was a reason you won the viewers' hearts and votes. There was a reason you stood on that stage and bared your soul as you sang, "The World I Know." There was a reason that Ryan said, "And the winner is David... Cook!"

Part of that reason is, of course, so that you could share your talent, voice, and music with the world. But there is so much more, as we are seeing now. The world you know is expanding and growing, and you are sharing that world so beautifully with all the rest of us.

You inspire us. You make us care. You make us want to help, to give back. All that on a world-wide level. And on a personal level, you bring smiles to faces such as the adorable children in Ethiopia, and Lindsey Rose, as you touch them personally in their lives.

The UN Foundation could not have found a better person to speak to these needs. Idol could not have found a better person to share this story. We could not have found a better person to inspire us to do our part to make a change in this world. Thank you.

I know you're not a saint. I know that you are just a human with faults, the same as the rest of us. Some days it's just a little harder to remember that then others. Today is one of those days.

Love always,

Jeannie

Dear David,
Hey there! I just want to say how proud I am for what you did on IGB. Those moments with the kids are priceless. You will be forever in my heart. Your dedication and hardwork, and the love for others always melts my heart.

I hope someday, I will have the chance of meeting you up close and personal and have some picture with you.

God bless you and your family!

Love,
Vangie

keep3135.jpg

Guest Guest
Hey David,

Well, after reading what Stacy and Jeannie have written, there is not much more I can add to that. Except that your trip to Ethiopia has left a lasting impression on so many. You truly are amazing...... inside and out!

I posted this poem quite some time ago in these series of Sentiments, but after what you have done and continue to do it needs to be repeated.

FOOTPRINTS ON THE HEART

Some people come into our lives
and quickly go.
Some people move our souls to dance.
They awaken us
to new understanding
with the passing whisper of their wisdom.

Some people make the sky more
beautiful to gaze upon.
They stay in our lives for awhile,
leave footprints on our hearts
And we are never, ever the same.

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Guest Guest
David,

Wednesday night on Idol Gives Back, you showed the world just how much you
wear your heart on your sleeve. How caring you are, how much of a humanitarian
and inspiration you are and I am so proud to call myself a fan.

That footage of you and Neal in Ethiopia, a sombering moment. To see what those
girls go though on a daily basis. To know that they could end up 'selling themselves'
just to live. It was definatly an eye-opener. To see them smiling through everything,
to see them fighting to have a better life, it really makes you think about your own
life.

You truly are amazing......... inside and out.

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Dear David

there is not enough words for me to express how deeply touched i was after watching that montage of you and Neal's trip to Ethiopia! (i cried too.) it was endearing, heartfelt and so inspiring to see you connect with these little girls with your wit, generosity, smile and oh-so beautiful voice. Thank you so much for being such a great model, for never being afraid of showing your emotions and reminding me and all of us at WNH why we're behind you and love you and you've shown us so many times that you are more than a singer-songwriter who won American Idol back in 2008. No wonder the UNF chose you as their Ambassador! it was wonderful of you to put a smile on their faces knowing the kinda of awful reality they live in. like u said, they deserve a better life and boy was it an eye opener and reminded me to not take anything i've got for granted. I'm so proud to be a fan. Awww LoveVery HappyVery Happy

MERCI BEAUCOUP!!!!

LOVE XOXOXOXO

FROM QUEBEC, CANADA

Stephora a.k.a Cookienerd0006

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.