Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
realiTVlover

The Signal & Sentiments Part IV

Dear David,

tomorrow you'll be again at the stage rockin' the lucky fans who are able to attend Busch Gardens's Shows !
My "aching" Heart&Soul will be there !
All around the world there're thousands of your fans dying to be at these shows !!! Crying
We are sure it will be awesome - a great blast - and maybe we can have a new song !! Fingers Crossed!!!

I want to seize this opportunity to ask you once again to schedule a World Tour - maybe at 2011 - visiting all the continents.
You already know that you have fans spread all over the Earth !
A tiny part of them are lucky enough to fly to US to see you but the great part can't !
So their unique chance to see you and show their love to you is a World Tour.
I know it's not only at your hands and depends not only of your will - but can you do something to help it come true ?
Please guy !
It's really painful to be so hopeless about you coming to our countries !

Love & Miss you so much !

~Chris
WN 2960
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Guest Guest

Hey Dave,

Hope you enjoyed your weekend at Busch Gardens in VA. SO excited that you guys are back on the road..... even if it is just 2 shows. Very Happy

Can't wait for the new album and thanks again for all the vlogs and tweets. It means so much to us that you keep in contact... not many artists would do that.

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

David, how can I ever thank you for all my new friends from all over the country
and even outside the USA? You have given me a whole new life, so much joy and happiness, you just keep on giving, giving and giving! Thank you so so much, from the bottom of my cookified heart! I LOVE YOU

Karen

Dear David,

Thank you so, so, so, so much for your shows this weekend. To have the opportunity to see you live again, and you sound AH-mazing... and to have the opportunity to be part of the WNH team sharing your concert with people all over the world... I sincerely hope that we get the chance to do so again. Or even better, that you can do so more professionally, through an official streaming.

Anyway, thought you'd like to know where you were seen last night. This morning you tweeted, "Had so much fun this weekend! Thank you, everyone, for being a part of it. Have a great week ahead!" I hope you have some idea of just how many people were a part of it, even if they could not make it to the show. Over 1600 Saturday and over 2000 Sunday. A partial list so far, fans from:
Uruguay
Canada
Vietnam
Brazil
Philippines
England
Puerto Rico
Indonesia
Mexico
Japan
Argentina
Jordan
Finland
... (I'll come back and add as I hear more)

Anyway, especially since the videos have been deleted from the hosting site, I wanted you to have an idea how many places other than that park you reached this weekend, and will continue to reach with the videos the keep popping up on youtube.

And I wanted to thank you for, last night, one of the best concerts of my life. You were spot on for every second of every song, from "I'll take you just the way you are" to "Come back to me." I LOVE when you pull all of yourself into your performances like that. And I love love LOVE your new song you debuted. LOVE it. Think it would go platinum in a heartbeat. Hope everyone gets to hear it soon.

Love always,
Stacy, #266

Guest Guest
Dear Dave,

Damn you and your music....I've got this certain song stuck in my head, stuck in my head.

Thank you for an incredible weekend. I lost count of how many times during the shows you thanked us. I hope you know that as much as you appreciated our enthusiasm this weekend, we appreciated the music you gave to us even more!!

Barb

Guest Guest
Dear Dave,

"Not gonna come down, down off of these clouds..."

That's how I feel right now. It was so wonderful to spend the weekend at Busch Gardens with so many of my online friends... and of course a certain platinum selling recording artist and his awesome band.

It was so worth the hours of standing in that awful heat, the hours of traveling along roads in traffic jams so bad that I almost think we could have walked there faster, and losing my driver's license in the airport (thank goodness the TSA guy crawled under the security machine and found it for me.)

To watch you on the stage, performing your heart out, sending out all the love to fans, was simply amazing. I needed a vacation so much, and you gave me one that I'll never forget. Thank you so, so much!

Paper Heart is an amazing song, and I can't wait to hear it again. I absolutely love it! I'm sure from the response you got from the crowd that you know how much we are all looking forward to it, and to the rest of the new songs on the album. I can't wait until you are touring, and we can do it all again.

Love ya,

Jeannie

Oh, David!

Your Busch Gardens shows were the best of the best! Not easy waiting in line cooking hahahahaha in the sun all day, and I would only do this for YOU YOU YOU! I just LOVE the way you guys came on stage, one at a time, all so handsome and all so loved to pieces, and to see and hear you again was like medicine!
For the first time ever I finally got some pictures of you, and they came out good. My very own pictures, finally! I love you so so much, and am just amazed at how much this love keeps growing by leaps and bounds....you have the best band on the planet and the best VOICE on the planet and I just cannot wait to see you again, Dear David!

Karen

Hey David,

I haven't written a message to you here in awhile so I thought I'd start with this. I LOVE that new song you performed this last weekend! Smile Paper Heart is catchy, hummable, and has the makings of a hit. I really think so. The theme is something we can all relate to.

You know what? I love all your hearts: your analog one, your tattoed one, your big generous one, and now your paper one. Heart Oh and mine? Yeah, you have stolen it, but that's OK. I don't mind. Blow Kisses

Love always,
~Karen

Guest Guest

Dear Dave,

Just had to tell you quickly about something that just happened at work. I was busy reviewing one of my staff's workpapers, and I wasn't conciously listening to what was playing on my ipod in the background. Apparently my subconcious was listening though. I had this sudden urge to drop my pencil and start to clap... and realized that Declaration was playing and it had just reached the point where you like everyone to clap along when you are performing it. LOL Face

Yes, thanks to you I have become a trained seal. Play Declaration and I clap. Play A Daily AntheM and I sing "whoa, whoa" and wave my arms above my head. Someday that's going to cause me a real problem when I'm driving and listening to your CD. LOL

Still on a high from this wonderful weekend... thank you again for that.

*Hurries off to get some work done before Heroes comes on and I have to point towards an imaginary stage and sing, "You're still standing."*

Love,

Jeannie

Dave,
I unfortunately missed the Busch Garden shows by thanks to my fellow wordnerds I got to see great video and pictures. I love the new song and hope it makes the album. Cant wait for the album and the new tour! Love ya lots and see you on the road.
Dawn

Dear David,

Thank you for "Paper Heart." I really liked it the first times I heard it last weekend, and thank you for sharing it with us then. But unlike some things that you are drawn right away and then the newness wears off and they're not so shiny and lovable any more, this song, this song keeps growing on me more and more.

I love that the lyrics work on so many levels. In our thread for it in the music & lyrics section, there are a dozen different awesome, and very personal interpretations... of a song we've only just met 5 days ago.

I love the guitars, especially the start of the song, and the melody.

I love that it's not a cookie-cutter song structure, with the vocal break in the middle of the bridge... or is it two bridges?

I love that it paints vivid images in my mind, of a piece of paper covered with words, with emotions. Some of them penciled in, erased and written over; some in colors, highlighted, underlined and framed with doodles; some whole stories written out, running out of room on the page and crawling up the margins; some written so hard the words themselves tear the paper a little... and that piece of paper lying on the pavement, the rain beating down on it, the words smearing, running into each other, the way they do when tears fall on them, becoming an unintelligible puddle of emotion, all the colors reducing to brown, washing away...

I love the words (word nerd! word nerd!). Just... so well phrased and described and the words you chose are so evocative. That it's all about your "paper heart"... love it.

I love the use of rain as a metaphor for a torrent of emotions, and cleansing. I've always had a thing for that. Maybe because I'm a crier like you, lol.

More later.

Love always,
Stacy, #266

Guest Guest
David,

I'm a big fan of using water as a symbol for healing, hope, washing away the bad stuff to become a stronger person... So thank you for Paper Heart. The lyrics touch me deep inside.

Barb

Guest Guest
Dear David,

As Stacy mentioned, we're talking a lot about Paper Heart right now. I really love it, because to me... although it's a song about a relationship that has ended, it's a hopeful song. Hopeful because whenever a relationship ends, whether because of a break-up, or circumstances that force you apart from someone, or because of a death, there is a grieving period. A time when you just can't quite get a grip that the person is gone, and that things aren't going to go back to what they were.

But then you get to a point where you realize that you have to let go. Not forget, but move on. The way that like a paper heart can't feel real love, a grieving person can't really live. To me, this song is about reaching the point where you are ready to let go, to say goodbye and to move on. To have one last good, cleansing, cathartic cry, and then to let the pain and the sorrow and the anger wash away with the tears.

I've been there many times in my life, and this song reminds me of that. Reminds me that the best thing you can do is grieve the loss, then let go and move on. And then you can continue to live a full life, and be in a place where you can put that paper heart (those memories) away in a box, as something to take out on occasion and smile about. Which to me symbolizes hope in the future.

It's a great song. I really hope it's on the album.

Love,

Jeannie

Guest Guest
David,

So after hearing/seeing Paper Heart on the Ustream, I have come to the conclusion that........

You need to get this album released!! We are going crazy over here!!

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

I love the words that pour out of your heart, David.....

Paper Heart is just another song of yours that grabbed me right away.....what else is new? hahahahaha

When you sing your songs, something magical happens....for you and for us.
Thank you, thank you, thank you... Awww Love

Dear Mr. Cook, - yep I'm so formal all of a sudden-

I tried to stay away from this site specially from this thread cos waiting for your sophomore record is killing me. So for a few weeks I stayed out of this site to not see complete news cos it's such a tease. I'm a very patient person but updates, news, comments doesn't help. It's like I want to go in the next cd shop and demand for your record or fall in line and do a strike even if I know they don't have it yet mainly because I overly want the record to be out. I managed to keep my sight away from this thread specially because I don't want to rant about this. I know you're making the record very special and as eclectic and as genius as you can and for that I hugely appreciate it. It's just most of the times, I crazily want to hear it and I don't think it's adequately healthy for me to stay close and yet be forever teased about what I'm gonna expect and not knowing when will I be able to get it.

Yet I realize one thing. I'm on twitter; I go to facebook; I even send Mr. Tiemann a few messages every now and again; My friends constantly go and give me some lengthy notes about you and the band. I think I'm just fooling myself into actually thinking I can go out of this site and not think of the new record cos I happen to be trapped in your world. I can listen to a whole bunch of artist but they'll just lead me back to you. Which frankly I don't give any slight regret. I'm proud to be a fan. Every waking moment that gives me a glimpse of your artistry, your ingenuity is just a trip.

And then last week, as much as I would like to stay away. I woke up early and watched you rocked it. Badass show. I was head bangin' like crazy, singing a long like it's the last show - 2 shows- that I'll be going before I go scacre on the face of the planet. People outside throwing curious looks as they pass cos I forgot that my bedroom window is open and I didn't even bother giving them a second look. You've made last week blissful. It's so wonderful to be in a place wherein every moment is for you to hold and still you crave for more. Paper Heart is just waaaaaay awesome. Again, I'll try to hold back my excitement, the thrill, the joy, the weakness, the longing, every power that I can gather to wait for your next record. Plus what can I do besides wait? I'll just make the most out of it. Every waiting moment will be an added bonus once I finally get my hands on your next record. You are amazing. Your character, your musicality, your soul.

Le gra go deo,
Jovelyn

Dear David,

It's taken me all week to catch up at work after taking time off to see you guys at BG, but... OMG! It was sooooo worth it! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you for giving us those 2 shows! Each night, when your music started and all of you guys were on stage, it felt like coming home after being away for a long, long time. I honestly think it's a tie - you were just as ecstatic to see us as we were to see you! Thank you for wearing our hearts on your sleeve!!

Luv you guys!!

Peggy

Hey Dave,

Just a quick fly-by to let you know how much I missed you on stage. Last weekend was amazing, and you managed to make it worth the hours we spent in the sun waiting. I'll never forget how my hands wouldn't stop shaking when we first heard you playing new songs during soundcheck. I honestly got goosebumps up and down my arms. If it's even possible, I'm even more excited for the new album than I was before. Thanks so much for sharing new music with us and taking the time to fly across the country to play a couple shows for us east coasters! Next time though, if it's going to be 95 degrees and sunny... less clothes Wink

Love ya!
~Daina

Dear David,

I unfortunately didn't make it to Busch Gardens to see you Very Sad (even though you were 2hrs from me) but the most wonderful and amazing word nerds Heart got together and let all of us that couldn't make it watch it via ustream. I felt like i was actually there! From what i saw it was amazing show Smile Love the new song "Paper Heart" i relate to that song completely and like everybody else I can't get out of my head LOL Face I'm looking forward to ur next album and new tour!! I hope to see you again soon. I miss you Blow Kisses

Love Always,
Pam, #3481

Dear David,

So, here we are anxiously waiting for the new album to come out and in the meantime, I find myself clinging to every video, picture or a simple twitt you send our way. I’m so happy that the whole band is taking part in this album. On the one hand, all these little pieces of information bring a huge smile to my face and get me more and more excited for the new album; on the other hand they drive my crazy. I want this album NOW. I'm so ready for it, I can hardly wait anymore.

On another note, I wish I could be at the Busch Gardens Shows but I guess living on the other side of the world kind of makes it impossible. lol But thanks to all the wonderful friends here at the WNH I was able to share their experience through pictures and videos. I was lucky to see you live last summer but I really hope that on the upcoming tour you'll make it to our side of the world so more international fans would be able to have this amazing experience of seeing you in a live show. As grateful as I am for all the videos, nothing can truly compare to the real thing. Anyway, it was so amazing to see you on stage again; I missed it so much, it's been way too long.

Love always,
Anat (Israel)

Oh, David, thank you so so much for Busch Gardens! I survived! the most physically grueling GA show ever, but for you? I did it for you, but had to give up my front spot right in front of you both days! Dying of the heat, so exhaused...

I love you so much, and am so amazed at the way you just ARE!!!! on that stage. You OWN the stage, you OWN the crowd, and you OWN my heart Wink
I plan on going to see you for the rest of my life, if they have to wheel me in in a souped up wheelchair!

Your stage presence is dynamite, you are the love of my life!

Karen in Ct Thud!

Hi David!

It was amazing to see you back onstage on this amazing past weekend on Bush Gardens, and well, West Coast is waiting anxiously for a concert treat soon.
Have to say that I fell in love at first listening to "Paper Heart" It's an incredible song that it really got me, not only the musical vibe...the lyrics brought me back to ol' feelings from a past experience, but hey, not blaming you. I take it as your music really gets into me not only as a musical fan, also as a person that admires your sense of artist and musician.

At the rate that I totally visualized a music video of Paper Heart [in case that could be a single coming soon for the next record... but a girl can dream right?] LOL.

Even on Twitter they were saying to me that I should've contacted your manager, hahaha. Oh well...

All this happens thanks for the overexcitement we have for this new record we want anxiously in our hands and listen to it over and over again.

I love you so much David, I consider myself proud of being another one of your worldwide fans proving that your music and persona has no boundaries across the world.

Love and always,

Aida
Mexico.

Dear David!

I wanna thank you for the amazing shows at Busch Gardens you gave to us fans and despite not being physically there, i was so happy to see you via the ustream that some wonderful ladies here at WNH did through i guess the most excruciating heat ever just to let us in the concert and I gotta say you were on fire alright! wow! you and the boys were freaking unreal! also thank you so much for Paper Heart! that song is so catchy, so deep and makes me crave the new album even more! thank you for being a part of my life ( you "ruined" it in the best way possible!! LOL flag. It's reminding me of that banter you told the crowd in Windsor ( i was there) and you talked about a girl screaming at you that you ruined her life and i remember screaming "yeah mine too!" but you know what? I wouldn't change that for anything. thanx to you, i'm back to feeling the music, the lyrics and everything that comes into a song that gets to your heart and soul. you were the reason why i travelled thousand of miles across Canada and the states last year to see you even utter the cutest laugh ever. I met and made some great friends over the past two years here at WNH and your other fan forums and they're the best for real. GreatSmile

I know I'm rambling alot but thanx again for being you, so classy, sweet and appreciative of your fans and what goes on in your career right now. and i can't wait for the next album to come, to b able to blast it out in my friend's car and my ipod. i know you're taking your time so that you make the best record you could've ever hoped for and i'll b waiting for it. can't wait to see you on tour again (hopefully back to Montreal and elsewhere in Canada too.)
to hear PH and the other beautiful songs your genius brain created for us.

and like you said back in Montreal last fall: "Merci. Merci Beaucoup". Very HappySmile

Love xoxoxo always from Quebec, Canada

Stephora aka cookienerd0006

Declaration tour '09:13/03;23/05;03/08;04/08;02/10;03/10;14/11;16/11

Thanks David & anthemic for BG show was a blast,PH is amazing,your singing my life with your words,killing me softly! Love you and the music. Changed my life in ways you'll never know Heart Can't wait for more! Wish i had more time to go on,just know your are so loved and I thank God everyday we found you on IDOL, all the best with new CD, Hurry PLEASE!!!! see you on next tour!!! Gina in nj Smile

Dear David,

I've been working on putting together Book III of this epic tale of fan love for you for a while now. And the last few days, working on my introduction to the book. Don't know if you read my first two. Hopefully not - I read them back and I was pretty babbly in both of them. So I'm taking more time with this one. Anyway, I wanted to express one of the Sentiments I'm including in this introduction right now as well. So here goes:

David, thank you so, so much for still giving the Signal. Still. You have no idea how much it means to us. To me in particular, as I know it means so much to so many other Word Nerds. That's part of the beauty of it - that it has personal meaning to each of us. We all remember the first time we saw and recognized it for what it is. For some of it it was live, the very first time you did it in March 2008. And you can convey it with a simple gesture, without knowing a single thing about any one of us. (You see, I'm too smart to be delusional enough to think I personally am special in any way to you.) But I think you know that a grand (yet small, and simple) gesture like that cast like a blanket covers so many individuals and makes us all feel special and appreciated.

Thank you, David. Thank you for the Signal. For every time you've gifted it to us.

Love always,
Stacy, Word Nerd #266

Dear David,always wanted to mention how very special the signal is,i for some reason don't have an official wn#,trying to find out why? I goofed somewhere i'm sure,it may not read official,but know in my HEART i am indeed devoted to you and a word nerd in my heart,Thanks for being you and remembering the signal, i just get so emotional when i see you do that HeartHi! see you on tour very soon i hope,LOVE GINA

Dear David,
So much has been said about you.Your love and devotion on your craft, the music you've shared with us, the tears and laughters..great memories that will forever lives on within us.
Your music is like a theraphy for me.Whenever I feel alone and sad, all I have to do is to listen to yorr beautiful songs and everything would fall into places. It's been a year and 3 months since the last time I saw you in person.Will you ever think of going back here in Manila? We all miss you here!
Goodluck on your career and may our Dear Lord continued His blessing to you and to your family.
I will always love you and you will always be my forever idol.

With so much love,
Vangie

keep3119.jpg

Dear David,
last Saturday August 21st, I celebrate one year anniversary of the first (and still only) time I saw one of your shows LIVE - at Sacramento, CA.
I spent the day celebrating wherever I could - at twitter, facebook, here at the Word Nerd Home...
I posted all my show memorabilia, photos, videos, feelings...
Maybe you think I exaggerated in my celebration, but I have all the reasons:
I don't live at US so have had the chance to fly to US to see you was a big accomplish !
I'd been waiting for an opportunity to see you on the stage since the AI TOUR, so it's almost one year waiting for that special moment !
I had the amazing chance to meet so many dear friends I have now because of you !
I had the chance to meet Andy, Neal and Kyle and take photos with them and get autographs !
Even though I haven't had the same chance to take my (dreamed) pic with you and the also dreamed hug from you - it's awesome to
see you playing catch before the show and take some photos and videos of you at a moment of relaxation, be able to see
the guy David having fun, not the rockstar David Cook !
I witnessed a blasting awesome show of you !! No video - even the HQ ones, the best ones - can give a pale idea of how amazing you (and The Anthemic) are at the stage: It's something that cannot be expressed by mere words ! That have to be lived with all our senses, our skin, heart and soul.
So I need to give a HUGE THANK YOU (a little belated, LOL) for the unforgettable experience of Sacramento Show !
I cannot stop thinking about repeating that experience !
I hope you could release your new album soon (I'm dying for it, amof) and announce your new tour schedule, so I could start planning a new trip to US to live all the wonder, that is see you rockin' the stage, again !
Hope to see you soon and this time get my photo and my hug (you owe me this guy !! Wink )

((Hugs)) Kisses and Love !!

~Chris
(Rio de Janeiro, Brazil)

Hey Dave,

I entitle this entry: Random thoughts from an insomniac. Enjoy.

It's just about 6am, and I'm wide awake. I'm convinced I'm a mutant or distantly related to Neal or something. Anyway, at this late (early?) hour, I went to Facebook and someone had posted a video of your Idol audition. I clicked "like" under the video and watched it for the first time in a while. I remember when I first saw it over two years ago. I remember thinking to myself, "what's with this guy? Looking like that, he's either going to be really bad or really incredible." Then you opened your mouth to sing, and of course, the world found out you were indeed, incredible. I remember waiting with baited breath, hoping the judges put you through and doing a little cheer when then did.

Then I kind of forgot about you. Shut up, I'm here now, aren't I? I just really like Michael Johns there for a while. I still was impressed by you, aside from that random flat iron mishap top 24 week, but we don't have to discuss that, do we? Anyway, MJ got voted off early and I was lost, floating in the world of American Idol without a favorite. No chosen one to win the show. What was a girl to do? Well, apparently, said girl would go on vacation with her hubby to the Poconos. And well, you know why couples go to the Poconos, so I'll spare you the details. Anyway, while on said vacation, we didn't really watch TV. I missed this phenominal performance by you that next week. Always Be My Baby, now, is pretty much my favorite, BTW.

The next week, back at home, I flipped on Idol again. I sighed and prepared myself for the first performance night I'd been able to watch since my favorite Aussie was sent packing. Andrew Lloyd Webber night. A lot of thoughts ran through my head that night. "Oh geez... God only knows how this will turn out, I wonder how Brooke will fair with showtunes, and God, I hope that David Cook guy (I had stopped calling you 'the one with the weird hair' by this point) sings 'Music of the Night.'" OK, so I was keeping a watchful eye on you the whole time. Never once did I want you voted off, you just hadn't quite stolen my heart yet. Anyway, you were up last, and I was obsessing over what you would sing. When I heard those opening notes, I was done. Gone. Yours forever. You sang my favorite song from any musical in existance, and you sang it amazingly well, aside from the lyric flub, but I can forgive. Then sometime around top 3 week, I wondered aloud, with my hubby in the room, "when did he get hot?" but that's beside the point, lol.

So, by now you're wondering why I'm telling you all of this now, two and a half years later. Well, for one, It's 6am and I'm probably verging on delirious. And secondly, that video of your audition made me think of how far you've come since that moment. It made me think that you may not have had me hook line and sinker from that very first second, but I'm still here two and a half years later, and I only become more loyal to you and your music as the days go on.

I can't believe that we're all sitting around waiting for your second major label album, when it seems like only yesterday you were walking into that audition room, your hair in an adorable faux hawk, dressed in that silly sweater vest. It all seemed to go so quickly, and I have been chomping at the bit for this next album. I realized tonight, this morning, whatever you want to call it, that I'm just rushing it. I'm wishing life to speed up. Then what? Then I'll just want more. I'll want tour, and then the next album, and another tour anfter that. Well... fuck it. I'm just going to enjoy what you've given us and wait for you to make us the perfect second album. Shit, I'm sitting here still listening to the Axium albums you put out years ago and watching your Idol audition. I can wait for the next installment a little longer.

Love ya!
~Daina

PS... although I've decided that patience is indeed a virtue, a few more shows here and there while we wait would not be frowned upon... just sayin Wink

*backs out slowly without doing a spellcheck*

Guest Guest
Dear David,

It is hard to believe it has been 2 years ago today since I saw you perform at home in Kansas City! It was the best almost last minute decision I ever made. I had gone to the Sunrise show here in Florida the week before thinking it would be my one and only show since I could not travel to Tampa the next day. The next thing I know I am buying tickets to the first KC show with no intentions of going at that time. We had a thread talking about your last AI show and I was not ready to join that group yet!

So before I knew it my friend Karen said she could go and off we flew to Kansas City which was a big deal for me who HATES to fly. Since then I have flown to VA twice, OK, CA and flown back from NC and TN along with some great road trips! What became a fun time going to concerts has become a great time meeting new people and seeing new places which I thank you for!

I got to meet you for the first time after that show 2 years ago. Only briefly but when I told you I had come from Florida after going to the Sunrise show you asked if I flew out there because you did not come out to see the fans. I said no but I lied. You sounded so concerned that I did not have the heart to say yes but I am so glad it worked out this way. If you had come out, I probably would never have traveled to KC and would have missed so much! So thanks again!

Reflecting back over the two years I have gained so much and also lost so much in the passing of my Mom last December. We would watch you on AI together (she compared you to Frank Sinatra who she saw in her younger years!) and she was so happy that I was enjoying your music and all the fun you brought into my life. I am fortunate to have a wonderful family and friends here in Florida but it is the times away that also create lifelong memories.

I've gotten to meet you several times since that night two years ago. You have such an amazing way of making people feel special when you talk to them. Just one of your many gifts I believe.

So as I close I have to just say my favorite quote "Life is not measured by the breath you take but by the moments that take your breath away" Thanks for many of those moments!

Looking forward to your next album, tour & more special moments!

Love, Barb

Guest Guest
Dear Dave,

So it's been a month already since I saw you at Busch Gardens. It was so great to see you there - it had been far too long. And it helped... for a little while. I've tried very hard to be patient, waiting for you to write and record the new album, waiting for the new tour... but in truth, I am not a very patient person.

So the BG shows helped - especially since we got to hear Paper Heart - new music... a taste of the new album - but time is passing, and with no word of when the album will come out, my patience is tested again. I tell myself that you are working hard to make this an epic album, that it takes time, and I know that and believe it. I trust you. But inside of me lives Veruca Salt from Willy Wonka, and she keeps popping up to stomp her feet and sing loudly, "Don't care how, I want it NOW!"

Then a day like today comes along, and we get the album teaser vlog, and then a tweet about how you are in the studio listening to a children's choir recording for the album... and the Oompa Loompas come along and take Veruca away. At least for a time.

This album IS going to be epic, and while I can't wait to hear it, and can't say how long before Veruca rears her ugly head again... at the moment I'm just happy knowing that you are doing everything you need to do to make this the album you want it to be, and for this I can wait a little longer.

Thank you for the little teases and random tidbits you throw out to us. Thank you for keeping us informed, for letting us know that the album is coming... and it will be worth the wait.

Love,

Jeannie

Guest Guest
Hey David,

It was great seeing you on TV again today at the US Open. Your version of 'America the Beautiful' was..... well, beautiful. I love it when you do acoustic songs. Your voice really shines and soars when it's just you and a guitar or two.

Thanks for another 'teaser' vlog of the album. Maybe that means things are going well and it's just about ready *crosses finger* Seriously take all the time you need, we are all waiting patiently. We know it will be amazing!!

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Dear David!

I wanted to say Thank You for that beautiful rendition of ATB you performed yesterday at the Us Open and i had tears in my eyes watching! simply beautiful and soulful! i absolutely loved the fact that you sang it acoustic as well.

anyway just wanted to say again thank you for being a part of my life ( if you could only see the conversation on twitter about everyone saying how grateful they are that you are a part of their lives, it's so surreal and got me emotional. the frienships i've made, i've become more aware of letting the music flow and most of all FEELING IT and it's all your doing! lol

I hope everything is going well ( loved that vlog you made but the "snippets" of guitar strumming and bits of your tweets regarding the album is killing me!). however, I'm hopeful and I love the fact that you're taking your time to make the best album you can possibly make and I can't wait to hear it, to see u onstage with the boys again ( I miss ya'll really much). I know it's gonna b worth it. Smile

You've changed my life for the better. I'll thank u as much as I can.

*HUGS*
Stephora aka cookienerd0006 and wordnerd #3734
*Declaration tour '09:13/03;23/05;03/08;04/08;02/10;03/10;14/11;16/11*

Guest Guest
Hey Dave,

Just bringing your Tweet here.....

Quote :
@thedavidcook
Thanks everyone for helping "Come Back To Me" reach Gold Status! You're all so incredible!

And one from Zac.....

Quote :
@zacmaloy
hey, i know how many of ya downloaded "come back to me". 500,118.....wait a sec. that's gold baby! congrats to @thedavidcook and his camp!!!

Congrats!!! You deserve it so much. You have worked so hard to get to where you are right now and this is just another one to add to the collection! Keep 'em comin'!!!

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Hi David Its been a little while since i wrote to you so i thought id stop in and say a little something. The other day i watched the Press Conference for AI and they were talking about how the show will change maybe for the better i hope but deep down i know AI Will never ever be the same we all have a saying that You Broke Idol and we all believe that so we will see what this season will hold for all of us AI Die Hard Fans. For Me There will never ever be another season 7. We have all been paitentley Waiting for The New CD some of my friends got to see you again at Busch Gardens i wasn't able to go so im getting antsy waiting to hear the new CD.I know it is going to be Fantastic beacuse thats what you are and we wouldn't expect any thing but Fantastic.I Can't wait to the day i see you again Live. Its been 2 years since i last saw you in Niagara Falls Live and that day I will Cherish to the day i pass. It was the best Birthday of my Life and i mean that whole heartedley. I will try to be patient but im not a very patient person these days. So Please hurry and finish the Fantastic CD and Start This Tour all over again. I NEED MORE DC&TA
Love Ya To Bits
Jan

Hi David. I just want to say thank you for being you and doing all that you do. I have to say that in the last couple of years, because of you I have been to more states than I ever have in my life! My whole family and I love you and your music. We have gone on quite a few family trips just to see one of your live shows. My kids are big fans, from my 16-year-old son and 14-year-old daughter right on down to my 7-year-old son! During the declaration tour, all my daughter wanted for her birthday was to see a DC show and meet you. Unfortunately it was too cold after the show for her to get the second part of her wish, but it still made for a great birthday just to get to hear you! I have to say that before you and your music came into my life, I had pretty much stopped listening to the radio, and I had NEVER bought more than one copy of a CD before lol. Now I have several of yours (including a signed copy). You are such a talented artist and great person. I hope one day you will come to Maine (and the weather won't be 30 degrees or less lol), and I and my family can finally get to meet you! I'm so looking forward to your many years of music, but especially to your next album and tour. We love you David (even if you don't shave Wink!

Dear David,

I miss you.

Not even going to get all meta and wonder how I can miss someone I don't know personally, well, aside from just saying it right there, but, yeah, I miss you.

I miss your voice. Or, really, your voices, because you have so many.
I miss seeing you up above us on the stage, soaking in all the love.
I miss the way you beat the shit out of your guitar; bad Stacy er, I mean guitar.
I miss feeling your music pulse through me the way it only can live.
I miss wondering what kind of kooky banter you'll come up with next.
I miss the adrenaline rush as the lights dim and your bandmates start taking the stage, straining to see you enter from stage left.
I miss each of your songs like they are each a different old friend I haven't seen in too long.
I miss feeling that connection, like you have my, all of our, hearts on a string you tug this way and that like an emotional puppeteer from the stage. Except I find puppeteering creepy and you not, lol.
I miss even the very limited personal interaction we had. Especially that one time, the one that I was a woman alone not a Word Nerd in the midst of the fandom and it was different. I miss wondering if that would ever be repeated. I'm sure you don't remember it, but I hope you know that you do that for hundreds of people, make them feel special as the center of your attention for a moment.
I miss there always being something new of you to see and hear around the corner. I was so spoiled for a year and a half.
I miss your laughs. And your smiles.
I miss your micstand action. I've missed that for longer than I've missed you since you dropped in in favor the the guitar for every song. Providence Mr. Sensitive, thank you for that, my last view of you expressing yourself with your unhidden & unencumbered body as well as your voice.
I miss your Anodyne. Another one for longer than I've missed you. Much longer. And I miss it so, so much.
I miss your teasing.
I miss your twitter parties.
I miss... feeling like you are a part of my life, even though you don't know me at all.
I miss... you. Come Back to Us.

Love always,
Stacy, #266

Hi David im with Stacy on this one she couldn't of said it any easier to describe what we are all feeling these days. I have had the worse 3 months of my life since i was let go of my job of 10 years othe things have happend but to tell you the truth it all boils down to that. Ive had to move, ive been depressed and i can't seem to let go of it all. One bad thing after another just keeps happening but im trying really hard to get through all of it. Thanks to this place we call home and some really good Friends i have met along the way due to You they have helped me and they are great friends. I have to say one of your Word Nerds that i have become extremely close with and i consider her My Sister now beacuse she has been with me every step of the way through all of this and is still with me . I would of never met this Beautiful Ladie if it wasn't For You So for that i say Thank You from the bottom of my heart. Im sure i will continue to make more friends along the way on the next tour but the people here in this Home are my True Friends and i love them all to bits. I need some new music so i can get the heck out of this black cloud that keeps following me .
Thanks For Letting me Talkk to you
It always seems to help alot.
Love You
Jan

Dear Dave Hi!

It's been a little over a year since our journey to Del Mar to see you in concert...needless to say, we are in great need to see you again Wink

Hearing Daughtry and Adam were coming to Hawai`i to perform didn't help the angst one bit lol I wanted to be supportive and say, "hey I'll patronize them cause they're from AI too" but couldn't do it, too bitter that the only AI winner that matters to me...didn't come too Crying

Sorry, had to throw a pity party for a bit...hoping you'll feel remorseful and come here, this year Great You know, the Philippines isn't far away, there's several airlines that fly here...I know that a show here would be SOLD OUT! Please! I'm begging now...COME TO HAWAI`I!! Please!

OK, now that that's out of my system...can't express how excited I am anticipating your new record. Been listening to all your previous songs and keep wondering how this one will sound, love hearing your progression over the years Great

Aside from that, excited to be relieved from hearing the nonsense versions of 'music' played on the airwaves by popping in your new CD! You Rock!

So keep on keeping on...onward and upward...rock on and COME TO HAWAI`I PLEASE Blow Kisses

Dear David,

So the big discussion today amongst your Word Nerds is whether or not there was an error in hfa's listing a song called "Let Go" written by David Cook, listed by Cherry Lane / Analog Heart Music Inc... but sung by Matchbox 20, who have a member named David Kyle Cook. But you registered your Let Go with Cherry Lane months ago, and know Rob Thomas so it's not out of the question that his band could record one of your best songs. And, of course, you are silent, leading us all to speculate, or consider the case closed on the mere evidence of a member of their band sort-of sharing your name.

Anyhow, it got me thinking about, and listening to, "Let Go." And yet another interpretation of it. I know most people interpret the song on a sexual level only. That was certainly my train of thought at first too, and probably yours, but the phrase, and meanings of the phrase "let go" mean a LOT more to me. Maybe it's also seeing that new photo montage you made that triggered it too, the other thing Word Nerds are talking about lately, the one where it looks like Angry Dave is about to punch Cool Dave in the head.

"Let Go" at the moment makes me think of times in my life when I was afraid to let my emotions show. I had to be Cool, Nonplussed Stacy no matter how much Angry / Emotional Stacy was feeling. I have this thing sometimes, where I have feelings for someone, but I'm mortified to show them. I become so wrapped up in, so convinced that, no matter what, I can't let that person, or anyone else, know I have those feelings. Like it would be the worst thing in the world if anyone had a clue I felt that way. Even though there's no evidence whatsoever this person would reject me. Even though no one I cared about would look down on me for having strong feelings. I have to hold on to those feelings so, so tightly, bury them, be Cool Stacy, anything but show my weakness, my true nature. I can't be the emotional person I am; I have to be cool. And I was so damned proud of myself for getting to the point where I could hide my emotions. Because it took a very long time.

But... that inner voice kept escaping, in self-destructive ways. Until my outer shell couldn't hold up any more, couldn't keep from opening up my eyes to look out below. I didn't know why I couldn't let go; I just... couldn't. Until I forced myself to. But while I was closed up so tight, so terrified of letting anyone know I cared... I lost people. Beautiful people. Because I succeeded in making them think I didn't give a damn. Even if I accidentally let a little of my caring leak, I closed up real tight right after it, even did something deliberately cold to them, because I was angry at myself for my "weakness." Because it was not okay to be an emotional person - no one likes someone so emotional; no one respects someone so emotional; I had to try to NOT be. I built a really thick shell, and repelled people with it, thinking it was great that I was so "in control".

I regret losing good people because I couldn't let go and let them know I cared. I'm SO glad you/your music came into my life, and made it okay to let myself freely feel again. Not only that, but SHARE my feelings. In Sentiments probably more than anything else. You're easy to open up to. Maybe because I have no clue if you ever actually read any of it, LOL!!!!! But I know other people do. And I know other other people have mocked those of us Word Nerds who put ourselves out there. And I don't give a shit. Once I'd tried it a few times, letting go feels damn right, and I hope I never again lose someone for fear of letting my emotions, my emotional nature, show. And holy shit does letting go ever feel goooooood.

And I could never thank you enough for getting me to let go. For showing it's okay to feel, and not hide it. I've been saying thank you for 2 1/2 years. I think I"ll continue to do so for many years to come...

Love always,
Stacy, #266

P.S. I hope Angry Dave does punch Cool Dave in the head. It's Emotional Dave I love for what he's done for me and my friends.

Guest Guest

Dear David,

I just realized I hadn't written for awhile. Real life has been crazy. But this past week... well, it just made me realize a couple of things.

First, how much I've - we've all - missed you. It was so great to have so many pictures and videos of you playing tennis. it was such fun to have the opportunity to watch you play, and all for a good cause. And how cool it must have been to take the court and play with those tennis greats and the other celebrities. Did you ever think a few years ago that you would be doing something like that? It had to have been a real "pinch me, I'm dreaming" moment for you. You looked so happy and so relaxed, despite the fact that it had to have been nerve-wracking for you.

And then the Ronald McDonald House Charity event... an unexpected surprise since we had not heard anything about it in advance. When the videos came out it was like an early Christmas present. It's been too long that you've been off the road - or maybe we were just too spoiled from the never ending tour, but between those two events it was so exciting for us.

Secondly, the RMcD event... wow, I have loved your voice since I first heard you on Idol. But your voice just keeps getting more and more amazing. Those acoustic songs, with Neal - who is one hell of a guitar player - just showcased your beautiful singing so well.

Your voice truly is such a gift, and so soothing. Listening to you sing can calm me, can make a bad day so much better, can soothe my soul. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

I have to say too, how wonderful it is that you are such a giving and caring person. Two charity events during the week, two opportunities to help children and families who need it so much. In this world of celebrities who go out of their way to say and do crazy things to keep themselves in the spotlight, you quietly go around doing good and helping others... and inspiring so many to join you. Thank you for that as well.

Finally, I love the new tattoos. Whatever the meaning to you personally, they are beautiful. And now Dublin will always be with you, at least in a small way. That's very cool!

I'm anxiously waiting for the new album. I can't wait to hear it, and I'm so happy that the guys recorded it with you. It seems so long since I last heard you play at BG. (I know, I know... it's only been a few months. But hey, you spoiled us with the "tewer" you know.) Wink It will be great to have you back on the road again, to be able to plan "David Cook road trips" with my friends again, and to wake up and run to the boards to see the pictures and videos in the mornings again.

It's all coming, and we'll be here for you. That's a promise.

Love,

Jeannie

P.S. If you could ever put a little bug in RCA's ears about how much your fans would love an acoustic album - even an EP... we'd be so grateful. We love hearing you rock it out with the band, but we also love your acoustic side, and I can guarantee it would be a big seller.

Dear David,

I really love your music and your attitude towards life. There are things that you have done that have been so touching and showed how great of a man you are. You have so much love and devotion to your fans and I hope you know that you are an inspiration to your fans, me included. Your songs apply to everything that I have been through and I can always count on them to make me happy or just let me let go (no pun intended) of what im feeling and just know that its going to be ok. I want to thank you for that.When this book finds you, it will be 3 years after you have won american Idol and I haven't been to one of your concerts I wish I could experiance what most of the people in this book have, but im hoping with this new tour coming up I will finally be able to say I went to a David Cook concert, you just have to find your way to either the orange peel or some venue near Asheville, NC . I know 2011 is going to be yet another amazing year for you, espically since you have your new CD out. (or getting ready to come out again im not completly sure when this book will be released haha) But just know that so many people support you and appreciate you. Have an awesome year and God bless.

Lindsey (aka dukedoll)

Dear David,

I have FINALLY found time to write a sentiment in this book. I am sorry it has taken me so long. Real life has definitely been busy for me this year and eventually it will slow down, the majority of it belonging to my college classes. Thankfully I will be graduating from my university next semester, Spring 2011, with a bachelor degree in Business Administration! Wooo! Then comes the hard part -- finding a job. Razz

Unfortunately, one of the hardest things I had to go through was my grandpa passing away back in February. The abestos in his lung had gotten worse last year and continued its toll. It is still hard to grasp that he is gone. I have had a hard time trying to get over the fact that I was not as close as I had liked to be to him. More so I try to focus on the memories we had together when he was alive: fishing, picking me up from school when I needed a babysitter, hearing him sing, etc. On the other hand, I try not to dwell too much on the times that are gone. It was not my fault that I did not have a great relationship with him. Most of the blame would have to go to my step grandma. She was the one that tried to push him away from my parents, especially my dad. I was certain that she was jealous of my dad for whatever reason and since she had a daughter with my grandpa that was a couple of years younger than me, she had came up with the conception that I could not get too close to my grandpa because their daughter might get jealous. What's worse is that while my grandpa first got sick a couple of years ago, my step grandma actually went to court for a cash settlement and in my grandpa's will she was the sole recipient of all of his property. It breaks my heart that my grandpa still does not have a tombstone at his grave site. She spent extravagant money on vacations and random other things a month after he passed on. It frustrated me seeing pictures of my aunts online from last spring partying with my grandma in Key West, FL, while my dad did not receive a penny. He might have gotten a few things but none of the money. The thing that also hurts my feelings is the way my step grandma has treated my family since my grandpa passed away. It's as we are strangers. However, maybe it is for the best. I try not to dwell on it anymore. I guess you can say that I am blessed that my grandpa gave his acoustic Fender guitar to my dad a couple of years ago right before he was diagnosed with lung cancer. Shortly after my dad gave me the guitar. I have not played it much but I am trying to learn some songs. The guitar itself means a great deal to me because it is a piece of my grandpa that is still alive in our hearts.

This has been a busy year for you and you have accomplished a lot. I've enjoyed your tweets and Twitvids that you have posted along the way, including during the sophomore songwriting and recording process of your newest album. It is exciting to receive tweets via my cell phone from your Twitter account. I feel fortunate as a fan that you are letting us into your world in a way in which we have an idea of what you are up to, which is pretty awesome. It's like a mini fan letter to the fans from the artist!

Here is the latest tweet you posted via Twitter:

Quote :
"thedavidcook -- Went for a nice run. Had a healthy breakfast. Came back to the room to get ready, and a McRib commercial came on. #damnyouTV"

I thought it was amusing because I have seen one of the new McRib commercials. However, now I am craving a McRib yet I have not tried one before. Is it the extent of suggestion or the fact that you are talking about food in general is making me crave dinner? I guess I'll never know haha. Hmm, I'll just suit my appetite for leftover sloppy joes a little later tonight.

I wanted to go to one of the Busch Garden shows in Williamsburg, VA, earlier this year but I could not attend either one due to my working schedule. It was very nice of the WNH girls to broadcast both shows via ustream so I could see and hear the show! You and the guys sounded amazing. I really liked 'Paper Heart.' I saw how you had on black during a very humid afternoon. I don't know how you pulled it off unless you had on ice packs under your clothes hahaha. I'm joking of course but you have to admit it was a little funny.

It was very nice to see you and the band perform on American Idol last spring with the cover of 'Jumping Jack Flash.' The rendition was killer. I bought the song off iTunes and whenever I listen to my iPod Nano on shuffle, when the song pops up I always listen to it!

You did a very good job performing at the 2010 US Open men's final as well. Your rendition of "America the Beautiful" was wonderful. I totally shouldn't have done this, but while in class I had the website up on my computer watching your performance on mute in between lecture. Of course I watched it after class so I could hear you!

I also watch you and the guys when you appeared on the If I Can Dream house webcast back in March. I'm pretty sure it was this year anyway haha. Living on the east coast, it was very late at night when I did watch it live on my laptop. No offense to you or anyone else, but it was one of the most bizarre things I've ever witnessed in my life! Then again, it was the first time I'd ever watched the show and I did not know what to expect or what occured on the show so that might've had a huge impact on my opinion of the webcast. The highlight of the show was the Q&A session when you and the guys answered our questions live.

There are probably more highlights from this year but I cannot quite think of them at the moment. I apologize for ranting so much in this entry. I guess I did get carried away and maybe there is a part of me that is still in grief. All I know is that when I do listen to your music, I feel a sense of relief and acceptance. You have done so much for me even though I haven't met you and you don't know me personally. You have a natural gift of making others feel better that is somewhat magical, as cheesy as it may sound. Thank you so much for being so humble and yourself. You do so much for the fans and I appreciate every little thing that you do, even if it just a random message on Twitter. As cliche as it may sound, I think you have changed my life for the better. It was very beneficial to have been introduced to your music on American Idol back in early 2008. Little did I realize the impact you would have on my life and how much I could do to change it for the better. I will always be a fan and I look forward to the new music you will release soon and everything else that will come up in the future.

Love,
Marilyn

Dear David,

I've tried the McRib - it's really kinda nasty! It like ground up pre-formed meat with nasty bbq sauce on it. eeeeeeeewwwwwww!!! Wait till you get back to KC and have the real thing.

Dear DC & TA,

I have to tell you guys how much I love seeing you all on twitter! Thank you all so much for keeping us in the loop of your lives. You guys may be out of our sight, but you ARE NOT out of our minds - yea, I know WE are out of our minds.... LOL! Thank you Neal and Andy for the beautiful acoustic live sessions to keep us occupied for a while. Thank you Kyle for your website - you've confirmed what we all thought we knew about you; you are just as genuine and committed as the rest of the band. Monty - reading your tweets is endlessly entertaining!! What a great sense of humor you have! btw, please avoid duct tape when drinking beer! Smile And lastly, David - thank you for continuing to give back. You said early on that this was one of your goals. You are a man of your word, sir! Love seeing your heart on your sleeve!!

I'm still waiting impatiently for the new record. Ya know what would help my impatience???? How about an MWK show east of the Mississippi??? Pretty please with sugar on top???? Thank you!!

Luv and miss seeing you guys!

Peggy

LOVE seeing the vids/pics from the Chris Evert charity tennis match!

DC Cheerleader

Thank you for being a rock star of substance and integrity Blow Kisses

Dear David,
Hey David. I do not know where to start to say how much I appreciate you as a person as, an artist, the music you make, the band, and how much you brighten up my days. you have one of the biggest hearts and you put yourself out there for others to take you in. All your fans love and adore you so so so much. Not only do we love you for your heart and soul, but im sure you have heard it before ,also for your Thud! good looks Wink.

While watching Idol i try to pick out one person from the auditions who I really like and believe can win. I choose you and I am not just saying that. Your voice and rendition of the classic Livin on a Prayer was absolutely amazing. I was hooked on Cook! Throughout the season I became more and more in love with you and wanted you to win so very badly. I think my favorite performance was either I Still Havent Found What I'm Lookin For, Dream Big, or Always Be My Baby. Idk you sang every song so friggen good! I was so happy for you when your name was called as the winner and to see the emotion poor out of you showed how much you really wanted it and everyone can clearly see that throughout the show. =)

For the idol tour when i heard you were coming to the nassau coliseum i was ecstatic. I knew i was able to go to one of the shows and i wanted tickets so badly. unfortunately my friends mom messed up the tickets and my friend bailed out so i couldnt go to see you and the other idols. You dont know how upset i was. My other friend who went got to meet you! im so jealous! so after the tour that i wasnt able to go to it was the long wait for your album.

When i first listened to your album i was blown away at how amazing it was. Your talent pours through every note in your songs. Its so hard to choose a favorite song because every song speaks to me and helps me pick myself up when im down. I think Declaration and Heroes are on top tho. they are both amazing songs. A Daily Anthem and Permanent just show me how big your heart truely is and what type of person you are. I'm so in love with those songs. I could go on and on about each song , but i wont because i know you have all these other posts to read =). By the way Analog Heart was amazing!<3

When i saw you on tour at the Nokia Theater in NYC oh my god. That was my first concert ever which is kinda pathetic i think being 17 and not been to any concerts lol. Im so glad your show was my first concert and wat a first concert it was. The amount of passion you have on stage is so strong and you can tell you absolutely love what you do. my friend had a sign that said "my best friend is david cooks #1 fan" and u read it out and laughed saying usually people dont say their best friend is ur #1 fan and there was me pointing to me saying im her best friend!!!, but i dont think u heard me haha anywya the show was absolutely amazing and i wish i was able to go to so many more but being a high school student with no car i couldnt go anywhere haha.

As i impatiently wait for your next album i cant help but wonder what its going to be like. I cant wait until next year when it comes out and i will be there in the store waiting to buy it and of coarse at 12 buy it on itunes as well. I really really hope your next tour is an arena tour because i def think u can have sold out arena concerts. While i loved how the venue tour was much more intimate , you can bring in much more fans in to see you and the band rock out. Everyone will be on their feet no doubt about it. If you do have an arena tour this time around please play at Madison Square Garden! there is so much history there and its the most famous arena. I will hope and pray you do and i will pay as much money as i can to get front row for that =) along with msg play at the nassau coliseum again so long island can have double doses of david cook =). My ideal concert would be you and Daughtry playing together. My 2 favorite bands in one show it cant get any better! i think u 2 should do a song together that would be amazing.

I hope you enjoyed my letter to you . It just took out 20 mins of my college work hhaha thank you for helping me procrastinate. David you are seriously one of my favorite artists and i cant wait for the next album and tour. Hell i cant wait for the many more albums your going to produce. They will all be magic. Keep being who you are no matter what because the person you are now is on hell of a person. I hope i can meet you one day. I will prolly make a fool of myself but it will be worth it haha. anyway hope to see you on the next "tewer" hehe love ya david!

Love your fan , Katie <3

You Rock!

Dear David, All these Heroes come and Go.... Your still standing You Rock! Happy 2yr. Anniversary,I am truly overwhelmed sometimes by you,Knew very early on from Idol,they had found something special,yet i still can't believe how special,beyond words! I know you wouldn't think so,but you are my Hero,in ways you can probably never know, i still haven't given up hope on meeting you one day(fingers crossed) Always stay just the way you are.Miss you,but know it will be worth the wait! I can't help but think the best is yet to come.Thanks to you and the amazing Great band for all you do.You no doubt will make my 2011 very memorable,All the very best, LUV YA Heart P.S. DCTR Still gets played over and over, Honestly, every song is played and you can't say that about many cd's,you should be very proud..''Mr. Sensitive'' GINA IN NJ

Dear David,
Holy crap, has it seriously been two years since DCTR came out? Wow. It doesn't feel like that at all. It's been such an amazing ride, and I only know that it will get even awesome-er once you release this new album!
Thank you for EVERYTHING! Seriously, since you first popped up on my TV screen in a red and black sweater vest with pink bangs and a mohawk, life has not been the same and I really don't want it to go back to how it was before we all knew who you were. You've showed me what it means to be a real inspiration and made me want to change for the better. I've made so many new and amazing friends through this fandom, and shared many incredible concert experiences with all the other Word Nerds.
I can't even explain how much your music means to me. It's immediately my go to when I have a bad day, to when I'm just plain happy and I feel the need to sing along extremely loud to something. DCTR is an absolutely phenomenal album that I will love until I die, like, I'm really serious about that.
I know I have already said this, but thank you is never going to be enough. Just keep being awesome and putting out kick ass music (psh, we all know you will.) Can't wait to see you on tour in a few months!!! Smile
Love Always,
Mal

Guest Guest
Dear Dave,

Happy second anniversary of "David Cook" the album. We're trying to get you trending on twitter right now, but whether we succeed or not, I hope you get a peek and see the love. Two years later, and we're still here. And we will continue to be. We're Permanent.

Love always,

Jeannie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.