Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
realiTVlover

The Signal & Sentiments Part IV

Guest Guest

Dear Dave,

And so this part of This Loud Tour is done. It’s been an amazing ride – far too short for us, but still amazing. And last night was no exception. In fact, it was probably the best show of the night – excuse me, tour. LOL Face I wasn’t there, but I was… thanks to the ustream. How I wish I had been there in person, and I promise you that whenever I can be, I will be there in person. But for times like these, when I can’t be, the ustreams are a blessing. Watching you rock out on stage with Stevie Van Zandt and Ryan Star, seeing Jerry from King’s X take the drums, looking at your face as you realized just how loud the audience was singing Fade Into Me with you, and you let them take it for a minute… those are wonderful moments. And yes, we enjoy them on youtube, but to see them as they happen makes us all in some small way a part of it. So thank you for letting the ustreams go on.

You guys are awesome. I know I’ve told you that before, but it bears repeating. You never disappoint. Recently in interviews you’ve been talking about “breaking down the wall” between the audience and yourself when you perform. You do this so well. Somehow we all “fade into each other” and become one. I recently described it as a symbiotic relationship. You feed off of our energy, and we feed off of yours. I’ve been to a lot of live concerts in my life, and for it to happen as completely as it does at your shows is unprecedented for me. Whatever the relationship between you and your fans is, however it is characterized… you get on that stage and it works. Somehow we all – and I include you and the band in this – get woven up together in the moment. And what transpires is amazing.

I’ve had people ask me how I can go to so many of your shows. “Aren’t they all pretty much the same?” they ask. And the answer is no. Sure there are some songs we can count on hearing… and they are like old friends, but there are other songs that you sing rarely, there are always new covers being added, your banter is not the same thing every time like it is for some performers. You’re open with your audience, and you aren’t afraid to say something funny or be a dork for a minute. That’s huge, and that’s appreciated. It’s like you are comfortable talking to us, you don’t try to be something you aren’t, like so many performers do. You just are who you are, and like those of us who came to the concert, you’re just having a good time. As are we all.

But even more than the fact that the shows aren’t the same every time, I go to as many as I can because of that feeling I was talking about earlier. That symbiotic relationship that occurs during the show. Because to be a part of that, to feel that connection, to know that you are somehow more than just an audience member, but a part of what makes the show what it is… that’s a cool feeling. I’ve had plenty of concerts where I’ve come home thrilled by an amazing performance and happy that I went, but with no desire to jump back in and do it again. That’s unique to your concerts. Whatever you are doing up there on stage, you are doing it right.

So take a little time and enjoy the holidays with family and friends. Get writing on the new album, if that’s the plan. Hopefully you’re heading out overseas to give some of the international fans who have been patiently waiting, a chance to become a part of the experience of your concerts. Do some training for that marathon. And whether it’s supporting TLM or a new album, get your ass back on the road here in the states as soon as you can. Because we’ll be waiting. And ready to do it all again.

Love ya,

Jeannie

David,

It's been a while, I think, since I wrote to you here. But just last week, my husband "kidnapped" me and took me to another show of yours, in Allentown, one day after I finally met you.

I can't tell you how glad I am he did that, and not just because it means the world to me that I am married to someone who really gets how music makes me happy, and how yours, in particular, makes me exceptionally happy.

As incredible as the show in Jersey had been (and believe me, it was), I had an even better time at Allentown. And not all of it was because of my surprise. Some of that was because it was evident you were in a really good mood that day, and it was really, really nice to see you smile and have as much fun onstage as you did.

And some of it was because I got a chance to finally meet a very good friend I'd made here, and realize how awesome she is in real life, too. Having someone to snark with (not at you, no worries!), and stare at wide-eyed after you threw in that little bit of falsetto at the end of Lie -- a song which, I might add, I already thought of as transcendent even without that extra run -- helped turn that night into a really sweet memory.

I am sure others will write here about how floored they were after your final show of the tour; about how transcendent it was. And I hope, one day, that I'll be able to attend that kind of show, too. But for now? I'm going to be really grateful for what I've got.

So thank you, once again -- for good friends.
-Cimorene <3

Hey David,

Today you are officially 29 years and 1 day! LOL Kinda like being 5 1/2 - that 1/2 is the most important part! Hope your Birthday was a special day for you.

I actually had a very surprising day on your Birthday! I was driving on a highway, doing my usual 65 (was there a 55 mph sign???), when this little white car came roaring up behind me. I glanced in the rearview mirror, and there was Santa behind the wheel of the little white car! I started laughing so hard, I had to pull over. Who knew Santa drove an ugly little compact car when he's not driving his sleigh! hahahahahaha - I'm still laughing about that!

Luv ya!!!
Peggy

Peace on Earth

Guest Guest
Dear David,

I hope you had a wonderful Birthday filled with love and laughter spent with the one's you love and cherish the most! I hope you had a nice relaxing Birthday as you SO deserve it!

May all your Birthday wishes come true!

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

P.S..... don't eat TOO much cake. You know Marco will be all over your ass for that one, lol

Dear David,

A belated happy birthday, current(ish) merry Christmas and early happy New Year to you!

I have been meaning to write to you here about Irving Plaza, but, as you were at the end of Fade Into Me, I'm still kinda speechless. I've been writing about the show all over the place here, but having a harder time figuring out what to say to you.

Everything about that night was... More than I have words for. I wish you could have seen us all right after it ended. The house lights came up and we all were like deer in the headlights. Like we were struck blind by your larger than life glow, we wandered around, slack jawed, until we bumped into one or another person we knew, then had no words, just grasped each others hands and looked into each others eyes to see the awe mirroed there, or hugged yet again.

I still don't know what you did to us all that night. But for me, what began with the release of TLM reached a tipping point that night and I have realized that it's gone back (but ahead) to what it was like for me at the beginning of this crazy ride. I'm in a constant state of awe again, of you, and how you have brought me together with such incredible people. And, I know it's weird because you don't even know me, but I feel closer to you than ever before too. It's like a second childhood.

I can't pick a favorite song from that night like I can from the York show (FIM!), but I do have a favorite moment, near the end of REM, something about the way you sang, "is this story worth forgetting?" that made my heart... plode.

All I can think to say is THANK YOU. Thank you for that moment. Thank you for countless moments in the last 3-1/2 years. Thank you for the music. Just... Thank you.

Love always,
Stacy, #266

Dear David,

Please go on tour again soon. I saw you less than a month ago but already I miss you.

Love always,
Stacy, #266

David,
Another year has gone by already but hey ,we got new music this year from you and a tour . It has been an amazing year because of you not only did you release an amazing album but I finally got to see you live in Niagara Falls . It may not have been the most outstanding show out of the tour but it sure made a memory for me that I can hold on to with hopefully many more experiences with you along the way. I can’t believe either that I was lucky enough on top of that to be able to meet you . So David I want to thank you for my first concert with you a special one, thank you for putting up with my fangirlish ,thank you for giving me two hugs, thank you for calling me darling, thank you for listening to me so glad I didn’t cry in front of you, I met amazing people through you and was lucky enough to make friends with hopefully forever through you so thank you for that, thank you for your music I don’t know where I would be without it , thank you for being the person you are now please don’t ever change, thank you for being a hero and making this year one of the best in a long time for me.

See ya soon again
Amanda

Dear David,
Hi. I hope that this note finds you well. I have been a fan from the start, but this is my first time writing to you here. I was so happy to have been able to see you on this tour and participate in the Meet and Greet. Thank you for always making yourself available to your fans. It is appreciated. The show was awesome and you guys sounded great!
I felt compelled to write because I was not able to say what I wanted to at the M&G (I ended up saying THE dumbest thing and I am so sorry for that) so I hope that I can redeem myself here and maybe, one day, you'll read this and I would have been able to tell you what I had hoped to...
I wanted to thank you for your music (I did get to say that, and then it just went south from there, LOL!). I wanted to tell you how amazing This Loud Morning is, how brilliant it is that Circadian (incredible song) and REM morph into each other, how much I love the story that you've created and how the songs are strung together so beautifully yet they stand alone just as well. I wanted to tell you that I think that you are such a talented song writer and that your lyrics are like poetry, that I think that your Axium stuff is incredible, that your music makes a difference for me (and I'm sure for so many others) as I struggle with my own "loud mornings." I would not have bored you with the reasons why, but would have again said a sincere "Thank you."
Thank you, David. All the best to you.
~Tina

Guest Guest
Hey David,

I just want to say.....

THANK YOU!!!!

Thank You for your music, Thank You for sharing it with us,
Thank You for wearing your heart and soul on your sleeve........

Thank You for everything!!

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Dear David,
I probably should have done this back in December after the Irving Plaza show, but stuff comes up and I forgot, but whatever...
Anyhoo... that day, December 9th, 2011, was the longest, most tiring, but easily the best day of my life thus far (and by thus far, I mean... nothing will really beat it, like even my wedding day or whatever when it happens. Your concert was still cooler). I had been worrying and stressing and freaking out over that day for so long and when it finally got here, everything went far more perfect than I could have ever imagined.
We'd met before, but it was only for like, less than a minute, but it was still fantastic, so getting to meet you again was like a bonus because something like that it just once in a lifetime and one of those moments that I will never forget. I was first at the VIP M&G, which was probably the scariest thing ever, knowing that I'd be the first one to meet you and the band. Being a generally nervous person, I was convinced I was going to say something stupid or do something wrong. Meeting my idol is probably the scariest, but most exciting thing in the world... and the only thing better than actually meeting you, was remembering how proud I was to be a fan of someone so completely genuine and real.
Let me just say, the show itself was the best concert I think I will ever see in my entire life. There was something completely magical about it that made every song, every second of it just so flawless and perfect. With all the autotuned crappy singers infiltrating the airwaves today, it just reminded me how happy I was to be a fan of someone who can actually create beautiful music and perform it; no gimmicks, no elaborate lighting or special effects. Just sing and do what you do best.
It was epic to see Ryan and Stevie join you on stage, especially Stevie because I felt like you were getting recognition that you deserved. A legend in music business was up there playing with you and the reaction to it all over the crowd and even spreading to the internet was just incredible because other real musicians were seeing how good you truly were and that made me so proud.
Right before REM started, the woman standing in front of me grabbed me and put me in her spot, front row center and said "This is the best concert you will ever be at in your entire life. Enjoy this." And I did exactly that. And for that one song, I didn't take pictures, I didn't try to give people updates about the show.
I just enjoyed it, and it was probably the most serene and amazing moment of my life. Trying to explain it to people who don't understand is pointless because they will never know how it felt to be in my position, watching my idol perform with so much emotion and passion, and that seriously sucks for them because it was phenomenal.
It's been like a month since the show and you've been off the road for a while, and we all miss you, so don't take too much time writing. Please come back on the road to tour soon because there is nothing in the world as epic as a David Cook concert (this is a true fact, I promise). I know that 2012 will bring HUGE and AMAZING things your way; maybe new music, some new tour dates, and anything else you choose to put out. I'm pretty sure I'd buy anything with your name on it.
These messages always wind up being so long winded and ridiculous, but anyways... thank you for everything. Thank you will never really be enough, but I'll say it anyways.
Love,
Mallory

P.S. You should think about doing some acting. Seriously, you'd be awesome at it. Maybe voice a Disney prince or something? I could see it.

Guest Guest

Hey, David!

It seems quiet in this thread so I thought I'd just stop in here and say "HI!" Hi!

Today I've been watching some of the vids from your Irving Plaza, NY show. It seemed like an awesome show. Up until now I haven't seen you play live but someday I am gonna make it to one of your shows. It might not be for quite a while comebacktoVietnam but it will happen someday. That's my vow to you and to myself. Very Happy

Anyways, take care of yourself. Know that even if I'm not in this thread as much as I once was, I'm still here, still love ya, am proud of you and extremely proud to be a fan.

*hugs*

--Kathy
"That Girl From Vietnam"

Guest Guest

Thanks Kathy for reminding me to drop by Very Happy

David, I haven't written a sentiment here lately... maybe 'cause there are so many things I want to say that I would take all the book's space, lol.

So, to make it as short as possible, re TLM/TQM I just never found the words to express how much this record means to me. As far as I'm concerned, your body of work thus far is outstanding and I see even greater things in your future and be sure I'll be there every step of the way!

It's been four years (yes, four years Shocked ) since I "met" you and not one day has gone by without me thinking of you, enjoying your music and watching you grow as a musician and as a person. Every time I think I cannot be more proud of being a fan of yours... bam, there you go! You write a new awesome song or I get to watch yet another stunning performance or we find out you're supporting a new/old charitable effort! You NEVER cease to amaze me!

I only saw you play live once during the AI tour. I would give anything to see you now with your own band and songs. I truly hope that someday that wish will come true!!! (psst, maybe if you come to South America it will be easier for me, lol).

I wish you all the best in your career and your life. Love always,

Made
(from Uruguay)

Guest Guest
Dear David,

Popping by to wish you a very Happy Valentine's Day! I hope you got to share it with the ones you love and cherish!

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Dear David,

It’s been a long time since I’ve been at the WordNerd Home. Life’s been…well, life. In a nutshell: I’m working in a card shop with the worst bosses in the universe instead of doing what I love. That’s not the point of this message though.

Last weekend, a customer purchased a bunch of cards. While at the counter, I noticed she was wearing one of your grey concert t-shirts. We started talking about you and your music. She said she went to one of your concerts this year and I told her how lucky she was. She hoped she can attend another one soon and left with her cards.

From having this encounter, I remember that I haven’t listened to any music- including yours, in a couple of months. I also haven’t been on here in a long time. So when I got home, I spent the entire night listening to all your albums. It was probably the nicest night I’ve had in a while. Thanks for that.

Here’s wishing we both have wonderful 2012’s. Take care, take care of yourself and remember…

“Put something silly in the world that ain’t been there before…” ~Shel Silverstein

WN#1644

~CookieTime

Dear David,

This is the first time I write here. I'm Dina.
I decided to write here today because this same day a year ago, I discovered your music.
I can't descrive what you brought to my life.
This year would have been awful without your music.
I met new people, I met new musicians, I improved my English, I started to play guitar (your epiphone!) and MANY other things...
I just... I can't be more grateful...
I can't wait for a new album. My favorite so far is We Believe. It's very inspirational.

I just wanted to say that. You're amazing, your voice moves me. Please don't change David, and keep doing what you can do best. Sing.

PS. You should came to Spain someday. I'll be waiting for you! : )

~ Dina

Guest Guest
Dear David,

Sunday, March 18th, 2012
Quote :
HONDA LA Marathon: David Cook - Finish in 7:11:51. Pace: 16:28. At 14:53:51. Brought to you by HONDA LA Marathon

I just want to say how damn proud of you I am!! I am filled with so much pride and joy for you and all you do!!! I am so proud to call myself a fan..... I am bursting at the seams!!!

YOU Sir, are simply amazing....inside and out!!

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Guest Guest

Joining Tricia here in saying how proud we all are of what you do for this amazing cause and what an wonderful response you got from family, friends and fans! It's so easy to put on a tuxedo and go to a ball or cocktail for charity, right? But to run/walk (doesn't really matter, lol) 26 miles, oh my, THAT'S a charitable effort and THAT'S what a celebrity status should be used for! Great job, dude, really great job *pats you on the shoulder*

As I've said earlier, you never cease to surprise me. I'm not saying I think you're perfect 'cause nobody in the world is (thank God, lol). But you're doing a damn good job as a musician and as person. Adam's legacy lives on in you Heart

Love always,
Made

Guest Guest

Hey Dave,

Long time, no write - the trials and tribulations of life as a CPA during tax season. But I have a life back now, and I thought I'd drop by and catch up.

First, the marathon - what an amazing thing that was. There aren't all that many people that can say they've finished a marathon. You can. And all for a very worthy cause. We were all so very proud of you!

Then the Orlando and Clovis shows. From a wine fest to a rodeo - you've got it all covered, don't you? Though I wasn't there, thanks to the wonderful and caring fans of yours, I've seen the streams and videos, and both were awesome shows. It was sad to say goodbye to Kyle, but I know he's doing what is most important to him, and that's great. And Nick seems like he'll fit right in. You do have a way of finding the right band members, don't you?

Last night, you did the Mix Underground show, and we got our first listen to one of your new songs. I absolutely LOVE "From Here to Zero"! What a beautiful, heartfelt song that is. I love the lyrics, I love the music, I love your voice (and Andy's)... just gorgeous. I can't wait to hear more of what you've been working on. You seemed so happy and relaxed. It seems you're in a good place now, and that makes me smile, and "makes my heart sing." (™️ Mrs. Gentry.)

Tonight's got to be a special one for you. Playing with Jon Bon Jovi in Vegas at the Tiger Jam... it must be a dream come true for you. Enjoy yourself, and I know you're going to have them loving you.

I'm looking forward to next weekend. Heading back to DC to participate in my second Race For Hope. I still get chills remembering last year, and I'm so glad that I will be there again. Can't wait for the Night of Hope on Saturday... an acoustic, story-teller style show of yours has been on my bucket list for quite awhile now. I'm really looking forward to it.

And we'll hear another new song on Idol May 10th... my wedding anniversary. Can't wait to hear it, and it's an anniversary gift I'm really looking forward to. (You are doing that just for me, right? LOL)

Anyway, just wanted to say that even though real life has kept me pretty busy lately, I've enjoyed following along with you, and am looking forward to whatever comes next. It's good to see you so happy. It's good to hear you sing. It's good to support your charitable efforts. Thank you. For everything.

Love always,

Jeannie

Guest Guest

Dear David,

It's been 3 years since I saw you last (Red, White & Boom 6/20/09) and I couldn't have picked a more wonderful place to see you again. Travelling from Canada, this past weekend at the RFH was so beautiful, wonderful........ inspiring!!!

I not only took part by volunteering in this amazing event, I met some of the most wonderful people! I finally got to meet a lot of the amazing people (my friends) from this site I call "Home" they are like family to me, and it took me 4 years to finally meet them!!! Funny how it seems like I already knew them all my life Heart

The NOH concert was stunning!!! To hear the stories behind the songs...... WOW! Fade Into Me unplugged was simply amazing! From Hero to Zero, beautiful and Permanent......... nothing but stunning! I had chills and tears!

I volunteered on Race Day and I met this woman who was so excited to walk in the race. I told her I was from Canada (in Celebration of a friend fighting this terrible disease) and she started to cry. She said Thank You and proceeded to mention that she is a 10 year survivor!!! All I could do was reach out and hug her! We both just stood there on each side of the table hugging and crying!

So inspiring!! Next year I plan on running! #suckitcancer

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Guest Guest
Dear Dave,

So a week ago I was in Washington DC, with a group of friends I would never have met, had it not been for you. And we had (pardon the expression) the Time of Our Lives... more on that later.

The Night of Hope was amazing! That one shot straight to the top of my David Cook concert experiences list, and you're going to have to work your ass off to surpass it. I loved the acoustic vibe, loved the storyteller's aspect, loved every moment of it. Please do the same next year! Your stories were great, and we even learned some things we didn't know. Did you think that was possible with your die-hard fans? But we did... Zac Maloy managed MWK? Rob Cavello has a Pink Berry machine in his "compound?" The reason you won't sing "Freebird?" All new stuff to us. You made us laugh, you made us cry... and it was an evening I'll never, ever forget.

And I have to say that "Permanent" live is such a beautiful song... I had never heard that one live, and when you started talking and we realized just what you were about to sing... wow. Just wow. Thank you for baring your soul and sharing that with all of us.

Then there was the race day, and again, like last year... I have a hard time finding the words to explain what being there is like. The hope, the joy, the sorrow, the belief that we will conquer this horrible disease... the air is filled with all of that. Watching you lead the survivor's tribute, while "We Believe" played throughout Freedom Plaza, was a goosebump inspiring experience. I'm very proud to have been a part of it again this year, and you can bet I'll be back next year.

And all too soon the weekend was over, and good friends had to say goodbye for awhile yet again. But first, we went to Chili's in Arlington for lunch. And as we ate, laughed, and talked, what should we hear playing from their sound system? You guessed it... suddenly there were magic rainbows filling the room. And I do mean filling, since our entire table joined in and sang the song "with" you. And some people might just have gotten up and started to waltz around the table. *cough*StacyandTammy *cough* It was quite a sight apparently, since everyone in the restaurant came to watch. You may claim you've forgotten the words *cough*bullshit*cough* but we knew them. And yes, we had the time of our lives.

Then it was back to reality for a few days. Until yesterday, when once again we got the thrill of seeing you back on the Idol stage, playing "The Last Song I'll Write For You" and showing them all how it's done. What a great song, what a gorgeous performance! And to watch as the song climbed quickly up the iTunes charts was a fun way to spend the evening. You really nailed it with this one... so glad you are writing with your friends!

And now we know that you and RCA have parted ways. All I can say is that from your demeanor on Saturday and Sunday, and again last night on the show, it's clear that you are in a great place right now. You seem so happy, relaxed, and confident. You know that we are right there with you, don't you? We'll hang in there wherever this next leg of the journey takes us. Thank you for letting us come along for the ride. It's been awesome so far, and I can't wait to see where we're going next.

Love,

Jeannie

Dear David,

It has been seven months since I've written a sentiment. Maybe I am addicted to Facebook as much as I hate to admit. It's a love/hate relationship. Sure, I like seeing what my friends and family are up to. However, it does get tiresome to read the redundant updates constantly. Sometimes I just need a break from it!

How is the weather treating you lately? It's been rather miserable here in eastern
Kentucky with such a hot and dry summer. I'm looking forward to the rain tomorrow haha Razz

I've been very busy lately with job searching and wedding planning. I never knew how hectic and stressful it may be at times! I'm just glad that I've had plenty of time to get everything situated in a timely manner and I don't have to worry about not being organized. I'm pretty proud of myself! Smile

Silly me didn't get to tell you about the last show I went to see you perform at back in November at the Taft Theater. It. Was. Amazing!! Carolina Liar and Gavin DeGraw also put one heck of a show. Such amazing talent and it sounded awesome! I actually have a couple of highlights that I really enjoyed. It was pretty sweet to hear the Muse cover of Stockholm Syndrome! I loved the Led Zeppelin cover as well. What really took my breath away the most was your live raw acoustic performance of Fade Into Me. Although I was quite a few rows away from the front center, it felt intimate like you were playing only for a few selected individuals. It could also be described as being at a friend's house and listening to them play a song on their guitar and being the lucky one to actually hear you play as if no one else is there but just me and you. I admit it was kind of intimidating in a way as if I wasn't meant to hear it or experience such a moment but at the same time it was like it was your gift to your loyal fans. I recall your banter after it was over saying something along the lines that it was overindulgent of you to do that performance. That may be true but heck I'd listen to it again Wink It was definitely one of those performances that will be one of my favorites of all time and will be very important to me. I just never really had witnessed many performers going to that level as you did with Fade Into Me that night. It felt sort of like an out of body experience like we were all as one taking in everything that you were feeling. When the song ended and everyone started clapping and cheering it was like a sense of comprehension. I'd never been so moved emotionally like I did that night. It was such a good feeling. I almost cried witnessing you taking in everyones' reaction and applause trying to hold yourself together. It was quite bittersweet. This is just one of many reasons why I enjoy watching you perform. I feel as though I can comprehend the messages you are conveying in your music. Just one of the many reasons why your music keeps me going everyday and having a reason to live life to the fullest. Smile

One more note before I retire: I've been a bad fan lately. I still haven't bought your new single, The Last Song I'll Write For You. Forgive me? I'll do it this weekend Smile))

You have an exciting month of shows to look forward to! I hope you and the guys have a blast! Very Happy

Love,

Marilyn

Dear David,

So I'm off (way off)- from your 4th year victory anniversary on American Idol. It seemed like it happened a long time ago ,but watching you perform "The Last Song I'll Write For You" on the Idol Results show was absolutely incredible. Congratulations!!
The other day, I found an older cd I made. I don't remember if I've written this in an earlier post, so forgive me if I have. Back in the summer of 2008, I made a cd of all your Idol live and studio performances. I was so pleasantly surprised by how many songs I didn't remember and really enjoyed. In this case, I fell in love all over again with "All I Really Need is You".
It was then that I realized that I haven't been at the Word Nerd Home in forever. I wish I could come here more often, but the scenario from the last post still stands.
But I won't let it stop me from hearing new music from you! Your fans will always be here for you. We can't wait to see what the future has in store!
Take care, take care of yourself and remember...

"Put something silly in the world that ain't been there before..." -Shel Silverstein

~CookieTime WN# 1644

Dear David:

Last October, in St. Louis, when I told you that you were and always would be my Angel Love and why; you were so gracious and caring to listen to my story. I know it was another story of how your inspiration and music had got another fan through a difficult time but you made me feel like mine was the first time you'd heard such things. I will always remember and appreciate how you made me feel, the hugs and the personal words of encouragement that you said to me. Melt

I just wanted to let you know (if you happen to ever come here and read these posts) that I'm doing so well. I just had my yearly checkup and battery of tests yesterday and I'm doing great. No cancer! YAY I must continue to take meds and see doctors but I'm doing great. That's the best news! Great

You will always mean more to me than you can possibly understand. I love your music so much and will always be a fan.

Thanks for all you do for people and the lives that you touch with your message, music and happiness. Angel Love

DEBRA Music Makes me HAPPY

Hi David It's been a long time since i came in to write to you but there is good reason behind it . I hope this year is going to be better then the last . Can't wait for New Music from you but your probably sick of hearing that so i won't go on and on . I jut wanted to let you know that regardless of how ever long it takes for you i know that it will be a Great one just like all the other CD's you have made Im looking forward to all you can bring to us. I hope that all your Happenings and Shows go good for you im sure they will beacuse you ALWAYS put your Heart and Soul into every thing you do. I'll never ever forget the Day i met you which was on the Idol Tour In Rochester N.Y and since that day i've met you 2 other times Im a lucky girl to have met you beacuse you have changed my life in so many ways that you'll never know im sure other people have said that to you a million times so im lucky to be one of those people. The Day i met you i also met my other Favorite Idol from your season and that was Michael Johns i was lucky enough to get a After Pass from The Man my self Michael Johns and for now its been 4 yrs now since ive seen Him so i wass just wondering if you still have contact with him and if you 2 our still Friends it was your friendship with each other that drew me to both of you except for both of your singing but it was the way that the 2 of you always made me Laugh, cry,scream and act like a teenager again and i got to say It Felt wonderful Im now 56 yrs old and i would give a million bucks if i could get that feeling back again It was the best day of my older years well lets just say My Life time ive never felt like that in my whole life till this day i can never figure out what it is with You that attracts me so much and there is a lot of us till this day can't figure it out i can say we may never know but what ever it is still happens when ever i think of that day which is still Every day SmileSmileSmile Im Rambling on and on i can't even remember why i came in to write to you oh well i like talking about that so alls good. Ok I hope your doing well and hope your up comming show in Florida is a Fun one. I can't wait till you come back here some time or any where close to me it's been too long and i need a David Cook Experiance just watching you perform with such heartfelt notes makes me feel so good inside so when ever i get down ill put your Cd in and look at pictures from the past and i always stand up Happy and Energetic again believe this or not there was a very short time in these past months that not even you could bring me back out of that dark cloud that was following me and the friends that i have made beacuse of you could not even help me out of it , but im back and i feel so much better again beacuse of You and all the Beautiful Friends i made here in the Home Of The WORDNERDS. OK i managed to get that out the best way i could so ill leave it at that . See You Soon I HOPE
LOVE YA
Jan
Rochester N.Y. Group Hug1Group Hug1Group Hug1Group Hug1Blow KissesBlow KissesBlow KissesBlow Kisses

Happy Birthday!Happy Birthday!Happy Birthday! Hope you have a Special one. Alot of New Things happening to you so Enjoy your day.Hope your Holidays are Special too Hope you get every thing you asked for. Love ya
Janice
Rochester N.Y.

Happy Belated Birthday David!

Sorry I missed the actual day, but sounds like your birthday was a special one for you.

So, today is Neal's birthday. You two old farts are now grownups! Razz I have to say, it suits you both very well! I wish for you both continued success and a wealth of joy.

Luv you muchly!!
Peggy

Dear David,

I was sad to hear today you will not be putting on a concert for the Race for Hope this year. I miss your voice. A lot. Please sing live somewhere, sometime this year. Please.

Still looking forward to seeing friends at and participating in the Race. Hope you are too.

Love always,
Stacy, #266

Dear David,

I'm tired and sleepy basically from working all day. It's getting hard to motivate myself to do the dishes before I go to bed. I just don't want to do them but they're stacking up in the sink! I wish I had a dishwasher or a genie that would wash my dishes. That would be awesome! Do you know someone who'd like to do my dishes? Please tell me you do! I'm willing to give whoever will do my dishes a can of Coor's Light. I'm sure my husband wouldn't mind. Muhahaha! Okay, I'm joking. I'll do them in a few minutes.

Anyway, I love your newest single, Laying Me Low. The breakdown of the clapping is genius and quite catchy. Basically I like every aspect of the song. It's that good!

Word on the street is that you have a few shows already scheduled for this fall. Oh how I wish I could go especially to Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa. Unfortunately Oklahoma and Texas are quite a distance from where I live and my work schedule wouldn't work out just right yet for me to attend a show in the near future. However, I am happy that you have some shows coming up! Sounds very exciting and I hope that whoever goes has a blast! Smile

Time for me to get off my computer and finish those dishes as badly as I hate to, ugh! I'm already getting a headache from exhaustion. Hope all is well for you at the moment!

Love,

Marilyn

Guest Guest

Dear Dave,

Wow, it's been way too long since I have written anything here. I apologize... real life sometimes gets in the way, you know? But lately I have been feeling the need to say a few things to you, so here goes... and I apologize in advance, because I know this is going to be long.

First, the Race For Hope. Once again this year, I had the pleasure of joining your team, and making the trip to Washington DC to join in the race, hopefully to one day put an end to the need for the race. As was said at the closing ceremony, "Won't it be wonderful the year we gather here, not to race, but to celebrate the cure?" I want to be there for that party. I want to be there every year until then. Thanks for all you do to help this cause.

And a special thank you for our lunch. It wasn't a concert, but it was an amazing afternoon. A chance for online friends to meet in person, to chat, to laugh, to hug. And a chance to sit for a moment with you, and tell you our stories. And you listened. And listened. And listened. The whole event was supposed to last a couple of hours. But you weren't rushing anyone. You took so much time with every fan there... Your management tried to hurry you along, and you answered, "I don't have anywhere I need to be." Whether it was a one minute shirt signing and quick chat, or a longer conversation with someone who had a story about this terrible disease they needed to share with you; you were there. You listened. You laughed. You hugged. You shared a few tears. You smiled for endless pictures. It took about six hours, but you stayed until you had met with every last fan who was there. You "gave back" far more than you can ever know that day. Anyone who ever wonders about what kind of a person you are, should look back at that afternoon. Very few people would do what you did that day for your fans... and it was clear you were doing it because you wanted to, not because you felt like you had to do it. Thank you.

And now we have the tour. This lovely tour of small, intimate venues. You have said that while all tours are for the fans, this one is especially. It feels like it. Most of these venues, it doesn't matter where you are in the room, you feel close. You stand on that stage, and you smile and you joke and you sing... and you make it feel like it's personal. You have gone out of your way to attempt to honor requests when you can. You do an 18 song, one and a half hour plus show... and then you stand at your merch table for an hour or longer, signing, and talking and posing for pictures.

I have been fortunate enough to get to four shows so far on this tour (and have tickets for two more) and it has been wonderful. Every show I think "He can't top this one!" and then the next show I have been at, you do. I don't know how you do it, but you own the stage, and you own us. It's been so much fun!

I think my favorite show I have been to so far has been Ann Arbor. It was night 3 of the trifecta - Watseka to Kokomo to Ann Arbor. And all 3 of those shows were amazing. But Ann Arbor - to hear you sing that snippet of "Silver", to laugh at the hysterical Monty, to be the first audience to get to sing the Magic Rainbow at the end of FIM... to watch you crack up and stop the song at the start of Eyes On You when you saw our "dancing" so that you could get Tyler to film it... priceless memories. Thank you.

And speaking of Eyes On You, the new songs are awesome! EOY is my favorite I think, closely followed by I'm Gonna Love You... but the other 4 are not far behind at all. I love them all! (And the Wicked Game cover... wow, what you and Andy did to that song! So glad you didn't pass it on to whatever TV show, but kept it for yourself. And I do hope it lands on the new album.) Nashville has been good for you, and it shows. It's wonderful to see you so relaxed and happy and truly enjoying yourself. You are having "the time of your life" aren't you? Wink

I could go on forever, but I do need to get some work done. (Gotta pay for concert tickets somehow, right?) So I will end by saying it yet again... Thank you. Thank you for the friends I have made because of you... friendships that will last a lifetime. Thank you for the times you have made me laugh, and for the times you have made me cry. Thank you for caring so much about your fans. Thank you for introducing me to a wonderful charity that is working to make a difference in stopping a disease that has touched my life through friends lost. And most of all, thank you for the music, and please don't ever stop making and playing it. Thank you for sharing your talent with the world.

Love ya... even if you didn't come to Ohio this tour (You knew I was going to say that, didn't you? And yes, I am taking your advice and emailing Fleming, lol.)

Jeannie

eta: And of course, shortly after I wrote this, what pops up but an unconfirmed date in Toledo on December 28th! Guess you followed through on your promise and talked to the Fleming people about booking Ohio. So thank you for that too!

Dear David,

I listened to the sneak peek you just posted recently on Twitter of your new music that everyone has been waiting quite awhile for! It sounds really great! Can't wait to hear the song in its entirety. I know it'll be good.

Also, I saw another post from Twitter where you and the band will be dressing up for the Halloween show in Jacksonville. I'm disappointed that I will not be there to see it in person but I'm glad I can catch up with technology to see recaps of photos. I've always wanted to go to a show on Halloween since it's my most favorite holiday ever. Speaking of shows, it's been too long since I've been to a concert of yours. I regrettably did not attend the show in Louisville last November since I was visiting a friend who lives in the same vicinity. However, I will not miss the opportunity again. It's been quite awhile since I've been to a show -- almost three years since the one I saw in Cincy.

I've just been in search of another occupation recently. The one I'm currently in is part time and it's just not paying me enough as it used to since the corporation is greedy and doesn't want to pay insurance to their part timers like myself. So hopefully my luck will get better and I'll find one that I'll enjoy much better. Hope all is going well for you. Crossing my fingers for the KC Royals. Let's win the World Series!!

Love,

Marilyn

Guest Guest

David--

Boo!!! haha Hope you had a nice Halloween. Smile

I haven't been here in a while... kind of forget how to do this. Very Happy Still here (metaphorically and figuratively speaking haha) and thinking of you and happy when I see you around on twitter or see news of your shows or whatever. Seems like all's going well for you. Can't wait for new music so hurry up. RazzHeart

Okay, that's it. Short and sweet.

How'd I used to sign this?... you probably know better than me. Razz

Take care of you, you.

Love ya--

Kathy
"That Girl From Vietnam" (I think that's right... Smile)

Guest Guest
Hey Dave,

WOW!!! It's been a REAL long time since I posted in here. Guess that's what happens when real life takes over (boo!!!) Well, just wanted to pop by and say "Hello" and that I am still here and still care and still proud to be a fan!

Much Love Always,
~Tricia~ #3007
New Brunswick, Canada

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.