Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
realiTVlover

MWK - Flytrap Music Hall - Tulsa, OK - 2/18/2010

http://tiny.cc/LdHGc

Vera is amazing. That line keeps sticking in my head it is haunting. "The Fire..."

at 3:42 is my favorite. How can a song can be haunting and kick ass at the same time?

I took 3 videos... The sound is not great at all, but if you know the lyrics of the songs it shouldn't be a problem, lol. Umm yeah, I have no more comments. Too epic of a show to comment on.

So I talked about how it made me chuckle that Andy and Dave both flipped the bird when Andy sang "with middle figners raised". Well I loved how this video showed Neal too. I found it hillarious how he just walked by casually, raised his arm and put his middle finger up, then just put it down and walked away.

I seriously dont even know why it's so funny to me.

Guest dawtreecookie
I took 3 videos... The sound is not great at all, but if you know the lyrics of the songs it shouldn't be a problem, lol. Umm yeah, I have no more comments. Too epic of a show to comment on.

So I talked about how it made me chuckle that Andy and Dave both flipped the bird when Andy sang "with middle figners raised". Well I loved how this video showed Neal too. I found it hillarious how he just walked by casually, raised his arm and put his middle finger up, then just put it down and walked away.

I seriously dont even know why it's so funny to me.

LOL! Holy shit I didn't even notice Neal. That's hilarious!! He's just taking a stroll and flipping the finger. Ho hum. Just another ordinary day. Razz

I will have pics up tomorrow or so. Sooo tired as I just got home from Tulsa. I wont do a full recap but yeah, this is was the most amazing show for me. Out of all I have seen, this was #1. My favorite band(a little rearranged but still) on stage. Seriously, just no words. Still dead and happy about it.

Not me ladies, just FYI. The Brazilian WN's posted those pics on their FB. The lady is some sort of Promoter in Tulsa.

Believe me, if that was me, we'll...ya'll would have heard it by now Razz

Not me ladies, just FYI. The Brazilian WN's posted those pics on their FB. The lady is some sort of Promoter in Tulsa.

Ooooooooh i seeeeeeee, he still looks good though. LOL flagRazz

I just had to come by to say that this was probably the most epic concert I've been to. Awww Love I didn't even buy my plane ticket until a couple weeks ago, but I'm glad I did it. It was worth every penny and every hour spent in airports, planes, shuttles, hotels, sidewalks, etc.

Some of us have dreamt of hearing these songs for a while now. We've obsessed online over them, cried over them, loved them. But to actually hear them live? There really are no words. I've heard a lot of "I've never been so proud of David!" Well, I've never been so happy and proud of Andy. It was his moment to shine, to be the frontman, to feel the love. And I know he definitely did. The joy on his face was priceless. I was front row leaning on the stage when Andy came up during Stuck Under Wheels, bends over us, and sings. It was such a surreal moment to be singing back to him as he's looking at me with those big eyes, lol. I will never forget that. You could see all of the love between everyone on that stage. The whole night was all about the music and the friendships. Nothing else. And I love that. I think people really lose sight of that sometimes. But those moments where you can hear the crowd sing every word are really the best. I can't imagine what that must have meant for Neal. I bow to that man, because usually at concerts there are certain songs I'd rather do without. But not this one. I adore EVERY song. So that in itself is pretty special. I'm so happy Andy and Neal got to see how much their music means to their fans. Very Happy

I'll admit that I wasn't sure how the thing with Dave would play out, as I wanted this to be about MWK and Andy singing lead. But all of them being together was pretty perfect. David was on fire! Holy shit. I wish he'd let go like that during his shows. Wow. The guitar spanking = dead me. Shocked I was yelling "Yeah! Spank it!" LOL. All five guys were just incredible that night, and have great chemistry together.

I can't really choose a "favorite" performance, although the song I was really longing to hear was A Scarlet Letters. Perfection. I'm Not Worthy!Heart Just as I knew it would be. I never video at shows but I just had to capture it so I could relive it over and over. Opening with Vera was unexpected but I loved it. I liked how it was just Kyle, and then Neal, and then the others come in. It kind of fits the song, how it all builds. And then there was Anodyne. *sigh* I always thought I'd cry hearing that live, but I was just too mesmerized the whole night. All I could do was smile and freak out and sing, lol. And of course I freaked over Call To Arms, Judging A Bullet...and every other one. Razz Too much awesomeness to choose from.

Other great random moments: the fog machine incident, lmao. Andy was so hilarious with that. Andy saluting us during the first song. Dave trying to play it cool and not make too much contact with the crowd. Seeing Joey and Dave having fun together. Andy going down the front row at the end of the show to touch all of our hands. It was so sweet, he was so appreciative. Getting to hear Neal do some singing. Hearing Until Dawn (which I love, the guitar part is beautiful). Seeing all the guys stand off to the side during the beginning of it, watching Andy have his moment. Yeah, it was pretty touching.

I didn't mean for this to be so long, but once I start thinking about it I can't shut up. I wish I could do it all over again. As people have said already, the lighting sucked, so my pictures didn't come out so well. I managed to get a few okay ones, so I'll post in a few. But it's okay, that whole night is burned into my mind forever anyway. Heart

Jen!! that's such an awesome recap, i'd have to admit i would be there singing right along. And as for Until Dawn? I FUCKING LOOOVE THAT SONG Ever since the first verse! *dies* And those pics are so beautiful. I need to get a better camera so i can take beautiful pics like that. Lol, Wow. Awww Love

Guest dawtreecookie

Aw, recap. Awww Love So true about everything, and I love those memories. I'm so happy for Andy. And I'm happy for me witnessing Andy, lol.

I listened to the Luna cd earlier, and the songs sounded different to me... They were always sort of these digital tracks that were stuck forever on my iPod that I would never see live, but now it's like they've had real life breathed into them. Now when I listen to A Scarlet Letters and all, I picture the show. There's memories now in every line, every guitar riff. They've just become so alive and vivid to me. I was used to worshiping them from afar, but now I felt the music pounding in my chest and like Jen said, sang Stuck Under Wheels to Andy while he leaned over my head singing it back (also nearly giving me a heart attack, lol). Such a mindfuck.

Adding a couple pics...

Now when I listen to A Scarlet Letters and all, I picture the show. There's memories now in every line, every guitar riff. They've just become so alive and vivid to me.

Ditto. I listened to Vera earlier and was thinking that it has a whole new meaning, especially being the opening song. *sigh* There couldn't have been a better night. Heart

Quote :

AH! Drool The pic. Which I'm sure we looked at a few times on your camera *cough* It's so much better seeing it all blown up like that. Dammit. This break from touring has been very kind to him (and my eyes). Great

Ok, I just got done watching Until Dawn (LOVE that song so much had to watch it again) And when Andy said "We're gonna do a softer song" I heard some woman say "Oh My God, fuckin' rip my heart out now you dick" And for some reason it makes me laugh out loud, I guess it's coz it's 2am ROFLOL

Does anyone know if anyone has an extra Luna CD they want to sell? I posted something on twitter a few days ago and never got a response. Dan you PM me if you do know someone. Thanks.

The lady with Dave in the photo above is Anita, she used to book Andy & she works at the Flytrap, used to work at Plan B then Donny bought the Flytrap & she went with him. She works like a dog up there and is the sweetest person ever. So glad she got to relax and visit with him. BTW she was the one who tweeted about Dave being there as a special guest. As you all know the tweet was deleted and it sent everyone wondering if it was true, even though she told me Wednesday he was there I started wondering. I think David wanted the show to be about Andy & Neal and not him so he had her delete it, just my theory cause I didn't ask her.

Kathy, I'm pretty sure your theory is correct, as that just sounds like something David would do. I honestly believe he wanted this night to be about his best buds. To let us see their talent shine. To not have this night be all about him. How does he walk around with such a huge heart inside of him? I have no idea.

But I can't thank you all enough for sharing with us all of these AMAZING pictures and video's. Must go watch again. I still haven't seen TIB yet. That one is next. Heeeeee....

I was about to say...

I soooooooooooooooo envy you!!!!! LOL. You look good!!!!

But then again.... well he looks really *sigh* breathtaking.

I think David wanted the show to be about Andy & Neal and not him so he had her delete it, just my theory cause I didn't ask her.

That's what made me love David more cos his friends are more important than his current status now. He has remain humble and stayed focus on his roots. It made me love Andy and Neal more when they joined Dave and supported him.

Guest Guest

Thanks everyone for the great recaps, vids and pics!! Despite it being so dimly lit you girls got some amazing pictures and videos! Thanks also to everyone who picked up extra CD's for those who could not be there!

It looks like it was a wonderful night! I am so glad for all who got to go!! I do hope they will do a few more shows when their schedule allows it (and my schedule too~ LOL Face )

Anita is a sweet heart must be from her myspace. She rocks! I might do a recap. But not sure there is not much to say honestly. It was the best night of my life. And that from what I'm hearing that the live stream was a success despite the wall of sound coming at my phone. Heard that Andy's sister and girlfriend were in the live stream chatting and listening which made me very happy. And I got to be on Dave's side which I wanted Neal but oh well. I was focused everywhere anyway. Got to watch Neal too I could see them all perfectly.

It was such a great night!!!! I keep using the word Perfect to describe it.
I feel so lucky to have been there. I thought I wasn't going to get to go. I did not know until Wednesday mid morning that I was going to be able to go. I was 2nd row Neal side. I was freaking out when they started setting up their stuff & they put Neals board on the side I was on because I thought Neal was going to be on the other side. And I was sad I wasn't on the side I thought he was going to be on. But there was too many people over there & I am so short I knew I wouldn't have been able to see good so I chose the other side since I could be 2nd row.

I have vids & pics but my pics aren't the best because my camera was hating the lighting or lack of lighting actually. and somehow the setting got changed & the pics are not the greatest of quality & small. Boo! but anyway if anyone wants to see them http://www.flickr.com/photos/37428959@N02/
Faves are
 43714211.jpg

43721210.jpg

43713611.jpg

43721110.jpg

43714010.jpg

Here is my fave vid I took

My others are here https://www.youtube.com/user/AngelSky0179#g/u

Thank You! to everyone for sharing your pics videos and Jen for your amazing recap. I'm so happy it was everything you all hoped for and more. I hope they play at least one more show in NY or LA before DC&TA's next tour. Obviously for selfish reasons I'd rather NY, but just knowing they do another show that some more great people get to see would be awesome.

Guest dawtreecookie
^Whoa! If you don't mind i might *Right-Click save* that and HELLO new wallpaper.

Hehe Smile Yeah that was a nice one for sure..... I kept trying to snap a nice picture of Dave, and he kept moving or making ugly faces, lol. Then this one came up and it was like JACKPOT! Neal on the other hand moves his head around way too much...
Don't know if I like it more in colour or not. What a Face

For everyone who went, Dave thanked us collectively as a group when I spoke to him at the airport. He said "You guys" so I take that as everyone, not just me and Amanda, since I'm sure he knows we all know each other, lol. He said "We really DO appreciate it" So I wanted to pass that on to you guys Smile

Off to spend another day watching videos and reliving it... sigh... time machine anyone?

Guest Guest
Thank you everyone for all the pictures, videos, and recaps! It sounds like an epic show, and I really wish I could have been there. Sometimes being a responsible adult sucks. But I'm really enjoying all the videos and pictures... having all of you at a show is almost as good being there myself.

Amanda, I sent you a PM about the cd you were getting for me... I hope you were able to - can't wait to listen to it!

Guest dawtreecookie
For everyone who went, Dave thanked us collectively as a group when I spoke to him at the airport. He said "You guys" so I take that as everyone, not just me and Amanda, since I'm sure he knows we all know each other, lol. He said "We really DO appreciate it" So I wanted to pass that on to you guys Smile

Off to spend another day watching videos and reliving it... sigh... time machine anyone?

Fucking yes. Need one of those. And aw, David. Heart

My real life is once again suffering from post-concert emoness. Seriously, all I've done is watch videos, look at pics, and get teary. CryingHeart

Guest dawtreecookie
My real life is once again suffering from post-concert emoness. Seriously, all I've done is watch videos, look at pics, and get teary. CryingHeart

They should have handed out some sort of protective goggles for us to wear during the concert. "Do not, I repeat DO NOT look at MWK with your bare eyes. It is far too epic and you'll be in a state of shock and extreme emoness even days later. It's for your own safety."
They're like a solar eclipse or something. Shocked

Aw! that's very sweet Smile Glad everyone that went to this had amazing time. Thanks so much for sharing everything with us that didn't attend Smile ya'll made us feel like we were right there with you all Very Happy

^Whoa! If you don't mind i might *Right-Click save* that and HELLO new wallpaper.

Hehe Smile Yeah that was a nice one for sure..... I kept trying to snap a nice picture of Dave, and he kept moving or making ugly faces, lol. Then this one came up and it was like JACKPOT! Neal on the other hand moves his head around way too much...
Don't know if I like it more in colour or not. What a Face

I love them both, such good pics. May i use the neal one for an avi? Pwease?

Thanked everyone for what? Thanked everyone who showed up to support MWK you mean? That's cool.

Thanked everyone for what? Thanked everyone who showed up to support MWK you mean? That's cool.
Haha i just read this, I wonder if he thinks we're stalking him? Coz we totally aren't LOL flag

For some odd reason I think they were surprised how many showed up in Tulsa. I was trying to sober up for MWK, walking around when suddenly felt man hands on my shoulders and got turned around into a Monty hug. Didnt even see him near me so I was like "whoa!" He said it was so awesome to see us all there. What I loved was how pretty much everyone in that venue knew all the words, how everyone was just so into the band and amazed by it happening, how everyone was just experiencing it together. It was almost surreal the amount of love in that room. I know everyone is raving over this that were there, but it's because it really was just rock and roll love at it's finest.

Guest dawtreecookie
I love them both, such good pics. May i use the neal one for an avi? Pwease?

Yep sure! Smile

And yeah Chele, the love was insane. The SCREAMING. So loud. And singing along from the very first line in Vera to the very last in Til I'm Blue. I don't think they really got how much it meant to all of us to be there, how much of a dream come true it was to hear every single one of those songs. So yeah of course the energy in the room was fucking crazy.
It was so funny, the entire day, sitting in line and during the opening acts, I was kinda like "Come oooon, hurry up MWK!" And then after the last opening band left the stage, I was like "Holy shit, MWK is next. I'm not ready. I'm not mentally prepared. I can't do this! I need time!!!" lol. Myself and the girl next to me were both saying how we felt like we were gonna be sick. Ugh. Insanity.

Jamie, I wish you could've been there too! Hug The only other time I've been front row was for VB, and it made me think of how we freaked out when we got to our seats, lol. I really hope they do more shows in the future and we both can make it.

Sarah, I also remember not being "mentally prepared", lmao. I was getting so impatient waiting outside. The opening acts kept me entertained, so I kind of stopped spazzing because I thought "oh we have plenty of time before MWK!" And then when it was time, I was confused. Like no way are the boys going to be onstage in a minute. No way. Haha. I was worried that it would all be over too quick. *sigh* I'm ready to go back. Very Sad

Thank you so much to everyone who shared their photos and videos and recaps and stories ... just amazing! I am still really seriously bummed that I couldn't make this trip work, but I am so happy for all who got to be there, and so grateful for all the awesomeness you were willing to share with the rest of us. I can tell you, if there is a "next show," I will not miss it for anything! Smile

Thanked us for "coming out"... he said it after I was all dorky with "We're flying out right over there" *insert point towards our gate*

I'm finally home.. and like everyone else, all I want to do is relive it over and over. I think everything's really all been said.. we waited in line all day and ended up right at the stage in front of Andy. I know it was silly to wait all day, but it was totally worth it for me. Awww Love It took me so long to actually realize that it was going to happen.. we were going to see MWK. Even seeing the boys going in and out through the day, hearing soundcheck the first time.. it still wasn't feeling real.. I think when they did it the 2nd time was when it finally sunk in.

The energy was amazing, everyone singing along.. and at the end, when Andy slapped hands with everyone, you could tell how thankful he was. Smile

The CDs are now ruined for me (but in a good way) because all I can hear are Dave and Andy's harmonies.. soooo wonderful.

Slowly buy surely watching videos and checking out pictures.... and I am in full blown concert withdrawal. Seriously. I need me some live music, pronto.

@Jul wrote:
I know it was silly to wait all day, but it was totally worth it for me. Awww Love

Oh yeah, definitely worth it. Mostly because, well, it was MWK. LOL. And I knew it was such a rare event, and that it may never happen again for me. So being able to lean on the stage while looking up at them, as they sang those incredible songs, was pretty priceless. I don't mind being crazy. Razz

I also know what you mean about soundcheck. When I heard A Scarlet Letters, and JAB with Dave harmonizing with Andy, I already felt like I was going to lose it. And that just through a brick wall! lmao.