Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
davidhasmyheart

Need some serious help

OK, so I was on ebay looking around at all the DC related items....and came across this watch...didn't really care for the pic that was on it, so I emailed the seller and asked if it could be customized with a different pic. They said sure it could....now I just have to pic out the perfect picture to be on this watch. And OMG trying to narrow it down is killing me!!! So, how about it...you guys have any favorite pics that you think would look good on a watch? I'm really having a hard time with this one.

Guest Guest
Just WATCH (yes, pun intended LOL!!) when it comes to eBay. You can get some crappy work for expensive prices...What I would suggest? Go to a store like Thing's Remembered and ask them if they can do the same thing. Or a Jeweler's store. Find a watch you like then ask if they can add the pic you provide. Chances are, you are going to find MUCH better quality for price than on eBay. Seriously. I got burned for 35 bucks for a Tshirt of DC (MOTN) that was just an Iron on and it cracked and peeled almost completely OFF after the first washing.

Really be careful about DC products on eBay.

Thanks for that advice!! I actually thought the same thing today...I was looking at those pillowcases last night and thought..I could soooo do that myself. Yeah I was just a little excited looking at all that stuff last night but once I slept on it, I was def thinking twice about it.

Guest Guest

LOL!! Good girl!!! Great I know it's sooo tempting...but honestly, most of the stuff on eBay David related isn't the best quality of workmanship for exhorbatant (sp) prices...

What you'd probably wind up with is the picture you sent/requested printed off on regular paper, circle/square cut out then pasted OVER the regular face of the watch. Then numbers and hole cut out for hands...would probably look crappy and be the price of a nice watch with a custom job done locally.

I'm sorta lucky in that if I even HINT at wanting ANYTHING DC related (except music) hubby goes into a jealous fit, so, I don't buy anything. I would LOVE that book that Daina put together. But If I bought it, I'd probably have it used against me in a court of law!!! ROFL!!!

Awww that's sad...I think all of the Word Nerds should opwn a copy of that book!! But I did laugh at that image in my head hahaha!!!

huntwork wrote:
LOL!! Good girl!!! Great I know it's sooo tempting...but honestly, most of the stuff on eBay David related isn't the best quality of workmanship for exhorbatant (sp) prices...

What you'd probably wind up with is the picture you sent/requested printed off on regular paper, circle/square cut out then pasted OVER the regular face of the watch. Then numbers and hole cut out for hands...would probably look crappy and be the price of a nice watch with a custom job done locally.

I'm sorta lucky in that if I even HINT at wanting ANYTHING DC related (except music) hubby goes into a jealous fit, so, I don't buy anything. I would LOVE that book that Daina put together. But If I bought it, I'd probably have it used against me in a court of law!!! ROFL!!!

My hubby is just like yours Vikki, but I have a lot of DC itens - including the photobook (which is exposed next my TV on the top of some magazines) and I bought his songbook too - which is on the way Yahoo! !!
Hubby complains a lot but I always have the perfect answer to him:
HUN, IT'S ALL ABOUT HIS MUSIC !!! We are ALL InnocentTwisted EvilLOL flag

Guest Guest

LOL!!!! You two sure know how to make a girl feel better! Wink