Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Prissy

MWK - Spaceland - Los Angeles, CA - 3/25/10

Tickets AT THE DOORS

From Joey: For those who like to rock.Set your sun dials for MWK live at Spaceland March 25. We go on at 9(sharp)with intentions of rocknroll mayhem!

Info

Thursday 03.25.10: GLACIER HIKING / EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS / MWK

Glacier Hiking || Listen || Watch

Glacier Hiking’s glossy, adrenaline-pumping pop-rock has been a
work-in-progress for about four years now. Collaborators Ross Golan and
Tommy Walter, when not busy on other projects (Golan as a
songwriter-for-hire and Walter as a writer/producer), last year scrapped
a plan to release an EP every three months in favor of finishing a
full-length album with producer/mixer Neal Avron, who has worked with
Yellowcard, Fall Out Boy, Say Anything and New Found Glory, among
others.
“We feel we’ve finally found our voice,” says Golan, whose quartet
also includes drummer Daniel James and bassist Yutaka Sao. “We’ve gone
through a lot of phases. … But now we’ve worked hard at writing fresh
music that we think represents who we are.” – BuzzBands with:
Eastern Conference Champions
MWK

Yup, I'm very tempted. Now the question is, can I afford to drive down to LA? Tickets are real cheap, though I don't know how to buy them. I did say that if they came to CA I would have to go. Now to crunch some numbers.

To the ones curious why Joey is at this pic with the Glacier Hiking Guys....

That's an old picture of Glacier Hiking. Joey used to be in the band. That *is* him on the left.

Oooh, I hope lots of Word Nerds can make it to this show! Excited

So do I Excited

And I also hope they'll make an east cost concert in the future--it is too much to ask it to be on a Saturday? LOL flag

Guest Guest

This is great news!!! And I'm optimistic that there will be more shows before David's album is released and the new tour starts cheers

Is anyone going willing to buy me some merchs if any? I didn't get any the last time b/c Flytrap didn't accept cards and my friend didn't bring cash.. Please!

Yay another show! I can't make this one, but I'm so glad they're doing more. Very Happy I hope some of you can make it. It's definitely worth it!

Wow, so far only 1 person a very possible maybe and no yeses. I hope, Collette, that you can solidify your plans to go. And I hope some more can make it!

COLLETTE, OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN HEARD.
Im into an 80% of going! The other 20%....when Ill have my ticket on hand!
Collette, PLEASE SAY YES!!! WE HAVE TO.

This one is for the local peeps and those who can afford the airfare, not to mention being able to travel on a weeknight.

"Godspeed" to those that are able to attend! Smile

As long as I can get a ticket (whenever they go on sale) I plan to go. Got the days off approved from work, plus my daughter lives in LA so I can make it a family trip as well as MWK. Since I couldn't work it out to get to the Tulsa show, I am so stoked for this one!!

Oh Aida I know as soon as they announced it I thought about you and our plans to go and meet each other. I figure this trip is gonna cost me $200 with gas and hotel. I can afford it and not have any issues if I can get my unemployment in April.

Last week I lost my job due to ownership change. I have enough money to pay all of this months bills and half of April's bills and afford this show/trip. But I'll have to have some kind of income by the second half of April. What do you guys think? I know I know that my unemployment won't be disputed by the employer however, its getting a hold of the unemployment office that is the hard part. I have to call them because I have special circumstances (I lived and worked in another state in the last 18 months) I also have a possible part time job, just have to get hired. Worth the risk?

I know this employment crisis has been a mess during these days, and yes indeed you need to stablish yourself with money savings to sustain yourself for the upcoming months until you get a job.

But however, as long you're saying that its a possible hiring for a job soon and you have savings enough to afford the trip AND considering that this can be the only show for MWK at LA, I say it's worth the risk.

Nevertheless, it depends on you SmileGreat

OMG! another date?? in LA? why not this summer instead of during school? just checked my schedule and it's one day before my three days off school!*sniffs*! with no money, school, there's no way i could go to that one! Saddest hope they could add one in the east coast like New York!! anywhere in July, please? *crossing fingers*

Stephora

Declaration tour '09: 13/03;23/05;03/08;04/08;02/10;03/10;14/11;16/11

From Spaceland's twitter (@SpacelandLA):
Quote :
@susie523 Tickets for Glacier Hiking, ECC & MWK are only $7 so they will only be available at the door the night of the show

@cjester27 wrote:
From Spaceland's twitter (@SpacelandLA):
Quote :
@susie523 Tickets for Glacier Hiking, ECC & MWK are only $7 so they will only be available at the door the night of the show

But the shows with $8 tix you can buy online no problemo? ummmm-yeah. Weird.

Oh Aida I know as soon as they announced it I thought about you and our plans to go and meet each other. I figure this trip is gonna cost me $200 with gas and hotel. I can afford it and not have any issues if I can get my unemployment in April.

Last week I lost my job due to ownership change. I have enough money to pay all of this months bills and half of April's bills and afford this show/trip. But I'll have to have some kind of income by the second half of April. What do you guys think? I know I know that my unemployment won't be disputed by the employer however, its getting a hold of the unemployment office that is the hard part. I have to call them because I have special circumstances (I lived and worked in another state in the last 18 months) I also have a possible part time job, just have to get hired. Worth the risk?

Collette, I'm so sorry you lost your job. I hope you get your unemployment set up quickly and they don't give you any trouble. And I hope you find another long-term job soon!

If what you are looking at right now is a part-time job, you can always tell them before you start that you need those 2 days off (I'm assuming you'll need the day of and the day after the show off, for travel and all). And if you can share a ride with someone else up your way, or, well, in a more populous nearby area, lol, the tickets are cheap and I think you should totally go! But if this potential new job has a problem with you taking those 2 days off, in this economy, if I were you I'd forgo the show to have a for-sure job.

OMG! another date?? in LA? why not this summer instead of during school? just checked my schedule and it's one day before my three days off school!*sniffs*! with no money, school, there's no way i could go to that one! Saddest hope they could add one in the east coast like New York!! anywhere in July, please? *crossing fingers*

Stephora

Declaration tour '09: 13/03;23/05;03/08;04/08;02/10;03/10;14/11;16/11

Amen to that! In July would be awesome, especially because these shows seem to be 18+ and I turn 18 on July 1st! And also amen to the east coast suggestion!!!! Lol

Buuuuut, on a different note...
I'M SO EXCITED FOR ALL THE WORD NERDS WHO GET TO GO TO THIS SHOW!!!! Great

Guest Guest

Have fun tonight to anyone lucky enough to go! Be sure to get pictures and videos for us, and come tell us all about it! Excited

@DCTaT2Grl wrote:
YAY! this is tomorrow night Smile So who is cellcasting this?

Yikes - I don't know anything about a cellcast. pale We'll try to find out or see if we can make something happen.

@DCTaT2Grl wrote:
YAY! this is tomorrow night Smile So who is cellcasting this?

Yikes - I don't know anything about a cellcast. pale We'll try to find out or see if we can make something happen.

I saw somewhere on twitter that Mandy is hosting it tonight unless i read it wrong. I hope there is a cellcast for the show tonight. Smile

Yes, Mandy is cellcasting according to her twitter:

@WorkingManders wrote:
MWK cellcast in my channel at 9 p.m. PST. I'll once again be your host for the show. See you all there bit.ly u9IPA

That's midnight Eastern.

I'll be up lol

I was about to post it too haha!!

[CELLCAST] Mar-25 (Thu) MWK LIVE! @SpacelandLA ≈9pPT (10MT/11CT/12ET) Info: bit.ly atTUqw / @andyskib @nealfingtiemann

Wierd that I happen to be in Tulsa tonight....can't wait to see the guys again in a small club setting! I do hope they have better lighting this time. I'd like to actually SEE Andy this time!

@debrakay23

Saw Neal, Andy & Joey arrive a little while ago!

Kyle is here!

@debrakay23

Dave's here. All the guys are schlepping gear. I'm so freakin excited for this show!

debrakay23

MWK soundchecking Make Me - Andy sounds great!

cool_shades : Godspeed jab anodyne call to arms vera one true thing circles scarlet letters waiting room make me tib

alex_band: Will do!! RT @v_rey: @alex_band Aww, say hi to MWK for us! All those guys are amazing. Smile