Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cjester27

*Planning Thread* 8/7-8, 2010 – Busch Gardens (Williamsburg, VA)

Quote :
FoolsApril64
[EVENT] NOTE: pending official confirm | David Cook Aug 7&8 Busch Gardens IllumiNights (Williamsburg, VA) bit.ly 9fVrUQ @thedavidcook

Guest Guest

Ooohh... Excited

Guest Guest

This is awesome!!! Excited Hope it gets confirmed!

Lori on Twitter called and got more details:

"Called Busch Gardens to confirm. They said dates are tentative. Concerts usually start @ 4pm. It's 1st come, 1st serve w/regard to seating. Concerts are "free"....only pay admission. She said to call back to confirm."

*gnaws on fingernails* Should I? I don't have any money after I had to buy a new A/C. Argh! *gnaws on knuckles*

Guest Guest
I haven't seen the guys live since mid November. If this is confirmed, I'll be there.

Stacy, you know you want to... and it's only money right? Plus it's a weekend, so you'd probably only have to miss one day of work to make both shows.

I'm there. It's a weekend, and I'll have my "real" job by then. No way in hell I'm missing this one after changing my plans for both Pechanga and Morongo.
Like you, Jeannie, I haven't seen them since November. The 9th, to be precise. And I'm. Going. CRAZY.

Time to look up flights Very Happy

Guest Guest
Jamie, in case I have to fly instead of drive, what's the closest airport?

I haven't seen them, with the exception of Andy, since 11/24 and I'm just gunna have to wait longer...I'm alright with that though.

I'm okay if I don't make it to this one since I was lucky and got to go to the Morongo show earlier this year. But I'd like to go. Gotta see what I can do...

Jeannie wrote:
Jamie, in case I have to fly instead of drive, what's the closest airport?

There's Richmond and Newport News. They're both about the same distance away; Newport is south of Williamsburg while Richmond is to the northwest. I-64 from either airport is a straight shot to Williamsburg.

Right now, it looks like Newport News is cheaper for me....

If they confirm it, I'll be there to the 7th. Excited It would be my FIRST David concert! Yahoo!

Guest Guest
I spoke to Monica there and she told me it was confirmed-she had to go ask someone while I held on the phone but that is what she said. I will still wait for official confirmation but I feel good about this! She said that date had been open for a while and she was glad they got someone to fill it-so am I!

Guest Guest
If they confirm it, I'll be there to the 7th. Excited It would be my FIRST David concert! Yahoo!

That's awesome, Mae!!! cheers

Hope all of you can make the arrangements to be there! The rest of us will be patiently (not) waiting for recaps, vids and pics Very Happy

SQUEEEEE! Okay, if you're going, as a DC&TA virgin no less, I HAVE to go and stand next to you for it. Very Happy

SQUEEEEE! Okay, if you're going, as a DC&TA virgin no less, I HAVE to go and stand next to you for it. Very Happy

Deal! I don't think I'll be able to stay for the 8th--need to work on Monday morning, and there's no way I can change this day, cause I'll have the 1st week of August all off--, but the 7th I can go, for sure. I still can't believe I'll have the chance to see Ryan and DC&TA at the same week!!!! WooHoo!!

Guest Guest
The venue is an open ground with lawn seatings only, it seems. You can read and check everything about it HERE

Guest Guest

And it is showing up on the website now! Here

Excited

Guest Guest

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!! Excited

I SO wish I could go to this.... it's been a complete year 6.20.09 & 6.21.09 since I seen DCTA in concert!!

Wish I could go, but I'm already seeing Kris Allen in AC on August 7th. I'm alright with that though, even if I haven't seen DCTA since the beginning of October, lol.

Everyone else going, have fun!

YEA! Bonus!

Charlie and I go to BG every year...I think we will now have to go that weekend. Smile

Guest Guest

Terri!!! How you've been? So nice to "see" you around Very Happy

So glad you'll be going to the BG's concerts! Wish I could be there too Very Sad

Well, maybe when the new tour kicks off! Excited

I'm pretty sure I need to go to this show. I'm having major withdrawl haha. September will be a full year since I have been to a show. It's about an 8 1/2 hour drive, or I could fly, but that takes like 5 hours anyway with airport time and stuff. Hmmmmm Fingers Crossed!!!

Yeah, the drive for me will be 8.5 hours + however long off that path it takes to pick up the friends I'm driving. SO worth it for 2 shows though! Now I just have to get that Monday off...

Guest Guest

LOL, I already marked my work calendar with the days as "vacation." I'll turn in the request as soon as the official announcement is made, but in the meantime my boss will know not to schedule anything for those days. I'm taking Friday - just because then I can pack and get to the airport, Monday for the travel time to get back to the airport and fly home, and Tuesday to rest up, because it looks like the flight I'm booking won't get me home until late Monday night. The price is too good to pass up though, especially after seeing what some of them were.

Kristen, I hope you can go... it will be great to see you again! Hug

Tapping toe Hurry up and make this official, Dave! There are plans to be made, flights to book, hotels to reserve.

It's been more than a year since my last show. I am really hoping I can make it to these if they actually happen.

I figure I will have to fly since we don't have a reliable vehicle to go that far.

What airline are you flying with Jeannie? I looked at a couple, I have a $100 flight credit with SWA but it would be at least $240 roundtrip, so I'm still looking at $140 out of pocket, then ground transportation once I am in VA, so it seems like it may be cheaper just to drive, especially if my mom tags along haha. It would be great to see you as well!

Guest Guest
It's USAir, but I'm going to fly into Philadelphia, and then hook up with some friends to ride from there. There are some pretty cheap flights between Pittsburgh (which is less than an hour from me) and Philly. The cheapest I could find into Newport News was almost $300 - most were over $400. This is going to run me around $150 round trip. I have a credit with Expedia though, so booking it through there will save me a little bit too.

Plus every flight into Newport News had a fairly long layover somewhere, and the Philly flight is a direct flight. Just one hour in the air.

Well that's not too bad then, because you won't have to worry about a very long flight or ground transportation. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet, we will just see what happens Smile

Guest Guest
Aww, Jamie... I hope you can. Can you do what I'm doing and fly into an airport near someone else who's going, then ride with them? That made a huge difference when I started searching flights.

Everything is just SO expensive. I'm searching for flights into Newport News, Norfolk, Richmond, Baltimore, Philly, Dulles, Reagan....ugh. Nothing under $300.

Aw, Jamie, don't give up - I hope you find some way to get there. Think magic Magic Rainbow thoughts as you search for some good karma. LOL flag

im def. trying to find a way to go i have been saving up to see David since like last tour but im undecided if i wanna use all that money for this concert or hold it out till next tour =/

One good about this show in VA, is if I decide to go it is on a weekend & I won't have to use any vacation time. That is going to a busy week for me. Ryan on Tues and Tim McGraw/Lady Antebellum on friday. I am still thinking about it.
I am so going through David withdraw.. Magic RainbowDC Cheerleader

The funniest thing about this is my brother lives in VA and is 3 hrs away from Busch Gardens, that great. However he is going to be back home (Buffalo,NY) for a wedding that weekend. ROFLOL

Ah if only I had more $ and less responsibility I'd be there. In serious withdrawl here...

I trust that all you lucky Word Nerds will bring back lots of good stuff (i.e. pics and videos) to share, as always! DC Cheerleader