Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

True Blood *SPOILERS* - DO NOT ENTER if you haven't seen the last episode

Guest Guest

So we accidentally discovered we have True Blood fans here on the board. For anyone who doesn't watch, it's an HBO show. In it, vampires have "come out of the closet" and admitted they exist, after the discovery of a product known as "True Blood," a synthetic blood that allows vampires to exist without drinking the blood of humans. Of course, not all the vampires are thrilled by True Blood, and while some are good and live happily among the humans, others prefer to continue to drink human blood.

The show takes place in a town called Bon Temps, Louisiana. The heroine of the show is a girl named Sookie, who has fallen in love with a vampire named Bill. Bill is a genuinely nice guy, who wants to live among the humans. He falls in love with her as well, but not everyone in either the human or vampire community is okay with that.

There are also shapeshifters, and werewolves, and other supernatural creatures who haven't outed themselves to the humans yet.

Oh and humans have discovered that drinking vampire blood (street named "V") gives you an incredible high. So some not so nice humans (and vampires) are milking vampires of their blood to sell. It's become the drug of choice.

Bill and Sookie are the main characters, along with Eric, another vampire who has a thing for Sookie, and Sookie's brother Jason and her boss, Sam... who has his own secret that you find out about in Season 1.

There's lots of sex, lots of humor, and lots of supernatural things. It's a fun watch. If you don't have HBO, the first two seasons are out on dvd now.

I love the show! (And the books, which differ enough from the show that you don't spoil yourself by reading ahead.)

So as I mentioned upstairs, I'm completely Team Eric. He is one sexy man (beast? man-beast?) LOL Face

Is everyone watching Season 3? (Made, are you up to date in Uruguay?)

Guest Guest

Seeing there are some TB fans, let's get it rollin'

I was so excited with the new season! Took them too long to re-start, don't you think? Ah, BTW, I'm two days behind you. Last episode I saw was "9 Crimes" (Ep. 4)

Guest Guest

Great summary, Jeannie! I'll put a message in the threads titles as there willt be Season 3 spoilers in here Very Happy

Now I won't come in the thread until I watch the 5th episode. Suggestive title, huh. "Trouble" Suspect

The new season didn't start here yet, it should be starting soon. But for now I think I'm going to stay away from this thread, sorry. Very Sad

Guest Guest

I watched this show for the first time last Sunday. Now I am going to have to get on Hulu or Fancast or something and watch the first seasons. Cool

Guest Guest

So sorry the show is behind there, Anat. Anyways, we'll be waiting for you when you catch up with it Very Happy

Dawn, you have to watch the first two seasons. Jeannie's summary is awesome and it helps understanding what the show is about. But to get the real feel of it, it would be great if you can go back to where it all started.

Guest Guest
Absolutely. I just put the summary there as a "teaser" to maybe get someone interested enough to watch. But you have to see it to really get how good it is.

Guest Guest

I've watched this week's episode Shocked Just in case somebody hasn't seen it yet...

Spoiler:

Jeannie, I'm having the same dilemma here as we did with Lost scratch Sookie + Bill or Sookie + Eric? What would that be? Serics or Soobills LOL flag

Guest Guest

Oh, BTW, here's the theme song from the series if you want to download it. It may take some time 'cause it's a long song. "Bad Things" by Jace Everett.

Download Here

Don't know why I think of David each time I listen to the song We are ALL Innocent

Guest Guest

LOL, I do the same. Thanks for the link Made. I love that song!

Well I'm a... Sooric or Seric or whatever. LOL Face Just like I was a Skater. I like the girl with the "bad" boy. Wink

Spoiler:

Guest Guest

I was a Skater too, so there you go, lol!

Spoiler:

I don't know if the series is very intellectual or profound but it's certainly very entertaining Very Happy

Guest Guest

Dangit. I can watch True Blood online at Fancast. However you must be an HBO subscriber (which I am)... but with the Comcast cable company (which I am not). UGGGGHHHH. Pulling hair

I love True Blood!!! It seemed like such a long wait for the 3rd Season, but I bought HBO just to watch True Blood haha. My favorite character was Godric, I don't know, I just loved him. I have all of the books, but I haven't read them yet, that's probably what I should have done in between seasons, I just haven't found the time.

Guest Guest

OK, I caved in and ordered the books from Amazon Shocked LOL, I am a book girl after all and as much as I love the series, I always go back to the source. I'm preparing myself for the looooong wait till season 4 is ready.

Guest Guest

Godric was pretty cool, Kristen!

Made, I think you'll enjoy the books. They are a fast and fun read. And there are plenty of differences between the books and the series (except season 1 did follow book 1 pretty closely) so you really aren't spoiling yourself. I need to pull them out and reread them, because I've forgotten a lot.

Wow, last night's episode was intense! Spoiler tagging in case anyone hasn't seen it yet:

Spoiler:

Guest Guest

That's good news about the books, Jeannie. I'm anxious to have them, though they probably won't be here until mid August! You know how long it takes to get things down here Rolling Eyes

Guest Guest

YEAY! I already got the books!!! Excited2Excited2Excited2

Re the last episode, I agree with you 100% Jeannie. It was veeery bloody, lol.
1. I hate Lorena
2. The queen with the lottery tickets was hilarious. She's kinda dumb, lol
3. It seems Sam's mom and now his brother shifted into dogs and fought in dog fights for money!!! It was obvious there was something fishy about them but I never thought of this Shocked
4. Eric... Eric... He's a gorgeous, evil vampire, lol. A real bad ass boy! I agree that he has his own agenda but that he also wants Sookie for himself (come on, Sookie? Eric vs Bill? I know who I would choose Twisted Evil ). I think Eric's "agenda" is more huge than revenge now. It seems to me he wants to be king of Mississippi and Louisiana himself. Hewas trained by Godric and he's old and strong enough. If he's smart, he could beat both the king and queen. It seems the king's lover is not a happy camper, lol.

Excited to see what happens today!

And off to read the books, woohoo!

godric10.jpg

haha, I couldn't resist...

Anyway, This show is getting pretty crazy, so much going on! So many people are dying and it's like you just never know what's around the corner each episode. I definitely need to read the books Smile

Guest Guest

Nice, Kristen Very Happy

ITA with you! Each episode is full of surprises! Bill almost killing Sookie?!?!? Do you think that that exchange of blood between both of them could "cure" Bill or at least, allow him to stand the sunlight? scratch

I think we jinxed Lorena, lol! And so, is Sookie some kind of fairy or nymph? Shocked That's sooo cool!

Re the books, I started reading the first one, and to be honest, the prose is kinda flat and childish. Maybe it gets better later. What did you think about them, Jeannie?

Guest Guest

I enjoyed them, Made. They aren't literary masterpieces but they are fun reads, IMO.

I think the fact that Bill had drunk so much of Sookie's blood - Sookie's blood being special - was why he could stand the sunlight for a couple of minutes.

Loved seeing Lorena get hers! It was about time.

Made, if you really want to know the answer to your question about Sookie, I'll spoiler tag it...

Spoiler:

Guest Guest
Spoiler:

Wow! They are pulling just about every creature into this series, aren't they? Now we have Crystal too.

This show is getting crazy. King Russell has lost it. Tara and Sam are both about to go crazy. Tommy is a little weirdo. Lafayette and Jesus just freaking crack me up. Bill has a secret. Eric has a soft side for Sookie (which we already knew).

I love it!

Guest Guest

I'm loving it too! That scene of Lafayette and Jesus on V was hysterical!

Spoiler tagging in case Made pops in and isn't up to date:

Spoiler:

Did you all catch that Anna Paquin (Sookie) and Stephen Moyer (Bill) got married this past Saturday? I knew they were engaged, but apparently they tied the knot now. I don't know how many of the cast were there, but I read where the girl who plays Tara was. And they had to delay their honeymoon, because the two of them and the guy who plays Eric are presenting awards at the Emmys this Sunday.

Guest Guest

I'll be watching the last episode tonight Excited Bad news is that I've heard there are only 2 more episodes left. Then we have to wait until January, it seems. No-no!

I think Crystal and her lot might be shapeshifters too Suspect We'll see Wink

P.S.: Didn't know Anna and Stephen were a couple! Good for them Very Happy

Guest Guest
Jeannie wrote:
My favorite lines of the last two shows:

Russell: "And now for your weather report. Take it away, Tiffany!"

Sookie: "What do you mean I'm a fairy? That's fucking lame!" ROFLOL

ITA ROFLOL

I'm loving the show! It has gotten kinda freakier and more violent but it is also more funny and imaginative, IMO. Loving all the fantasy characters! Russell is a Crazy vampire now, I think. He's lost it and that will be his downfall! And you're right! Where's the Queen? scratch Maybe she went back to Louisiana.

And Sam!!! Very Sad Don't know how he is such a great guy with all he's been through! He really lost it with Crystal's dad!

Guest Guest

In spite of my first impression on the book series, I'm now totally hooked on it, LOL. I still think it's a little bit plain in the writing style, though Harris has improved from book 1 on. Having read like 6 books already (out of a total of 10 Shocked ), I think True Blood's script adaptation is genius. They changed things in a way that some characters that are not strong in the books, play key roles in the TV series. The inclusion of Tara and Lafayette (one of my favourite characters!) makes a huge difference.

Let's see what the TV series and the other books have in store for us Very Happy

Guest Guest

Season 4 premieres Sunday, June 26 at 9/8c. We'll be kinda distracted by then with TLM release only 2 days after that, lol but looking at the Season's art just makes you wanna watch!

ShockedShockedShocked

Alexander Skarsgård ----> love plode

Guest Guest

TVLine
May 23, 2011 03:18 PM PDT
New True Blood Trailer: 'Oh Great, Now I Have to Deal With Witches?!'
( Laughing love the title)

This season's theme will be loosely based on Charlene Harris' fourth novel in The Southern Vampire Mysteries series, "Dead to the World". I'm re-reading it now but if you haven't, be prepared for greatness and hawtness. Adventure, war, love, sex, everything... plus witches Wink

It's a pity it will only have 12 episodes Evil or Very Mad

Guest Guest
I'm really looking forward to the season!

I see previews for this all the time but i can't watch.. i don't have HBO and i'm sure there is noway for me to watch this.. but if there is where can i watch full episodes of this show?

I'm so into the whole vampire thing lol

Guest Guest

Fifteen minutes until the new season starts! Excited2

Guest Guest
Excited

what a great show last night, though i was disappointed at the ending. although of course, i understand why they did it and i am REALLY looking forward to next week. i hate that the seasons are so darned short, but damn, what a GOOD show! i have all the books as well and i have to agree, made, that they are written simply, but in such a way that they suck (HEE HEE!) you in.

i wonder how closely the season will resemble the book...

Guest Guest

Loved the "suck you in" LOL flag They really do!

I think the season will be loosely based on book 4 mainly because the TV series has departed from all the books in many senses. Anyway, one of the best shows I've seen in a long time in this genre! So exciting!

I'll have to wait maybe until tomorrow to watch the first episode 'cause the online channel I use went off line yesterday. ;(

Guest Guest
OMG I have short term memory loss. I can't remember what the heck I watched last except for...
Spoiler:

Guest Guest
Spoiler:

I just bought the newest book for my Kindle, and plan to read it while I'm on vacation this week. They definitely suck you in.

Guest Guest
Ooh, I just got to see next week's episode. HBO put both episode 1 and 2 up on HBO on demand!

Guest Guest

^^Woah! Awesome!

No need to put things in spoiler tags 'cause this is a spoiler thread LOL flag

1. Lafayette's lover, IMO is the same actor as last season.
2. The spoilers talked about someone going homosexual and I guessed right. Tara Wink
3. the books and the series, as we've discussed before, are quite mingled right now. In the book, there are many things that are different: mainly Sookie's and Eric's relationship. BTW, I'm all for that one instead of Sookie/Bill, Jeannie. High Five!
4. As you said Dawn, Fairyland??? Or what? There goes our fairy imagery, lol.
5. What's up with Jason being shoved into the freezer at Hotshot?
6. The ending!!! Bill is the king??? And, my conclusion, Eric was the only one who thought Sookie was still alive and I don't believe him for a second that he bought her house to "dominate" her. I think he bought it only 'cause he cares for her, although he won't admit it.

Guest Guest
I agree with you, Made. He does love her, though he won't admit it even to himself. Where he's going to run into a problem is that I think Bill knows it. And I don't think he will like it one bit. And Bill has a lot of power right now.

The Jason in the freezer thing and how Bill became King are explained in episode 2. I know this is a spoiler thread, but I won't talk about it until after it airs next Sunday... except to say it's really good!

Guest Guest

lol, Jeannie. I can't watch the episodes online (int'l restrictions Rolling Eyes) So thanks for not spoiling the next episode.

BTW, I'm glad this series explains things more accurately and quickly than "Lost" (hugest Rolling Eyes evah)

Guest Guest

I'll wait... even though it's killing me. LOL Face

Actually I didn't watch it online. HBO Go is available only for certain HBO subscribers. Pretty much you have to be a Direct TV or other satellite HBO subscriber to use it. Even Time Warner Cable - the largest cable provider in the US - customers can't watch there, and my cable company is much smaller. (It seems HBO is charging the providers and then when the providers pay, their subscribers have to get a number from them to enter the site and watch the HBO shows. Which sucks, because my little cable provider will never pay their fees.) So unless they change it, I can't use HBO Go. Last night they said episode 2 would be available on HBO Go... and I assumed that was that. But when I checked our "On Demand" service - that lets us play shows whenever we want... both episode 1 and 2 were there.

Guest Guest
Muhahahahaha I figured out what the issue with Jesus is. I went to the True Blood website and looked at the list of characters introduced in Season 3. There was a picture of him just like I remembered him. But when you click his picture, it takes you to a larger picture that doesn't look like the first picture at all. It's his change in facial hair... or should I say lack of facial hair this season. It makes him look completely different to me.

Guest Guest

Loved, loved that this season seems to be about Sookie's and Eric's relationship while Eric was bewitched, lol. Can't wait to see what happens next.

BUT I never saw Bill becoming King of Louisiana coming Shocked Soooo, Bill is not as pure and honest as he was presented in the series! He's a politician!!! LOL flag

Anywho, I found episode 2 to be too mixed up. Jumping to one scene to the other too quickly and packing too much info there. This series is right down my alley though. I hate that the seasons are so short No-no!

Guest Guest
If I have one complaint about this show, it's how they run short seasons and pack so much information in there. But I love it!

I can't wait for next Sunday! It was fun seeing episode 2 early, but that meant no new show for me this week. *pouts*

Jeannie wrote:
If I have one complaint about this show, it's how they run short seasons and pack so much information in there. But I love it!

I can't wait for next Sunday! It was fun seeing episode 2 early, but that meant no new show for me this week. *pouts*

I do sometimes hate when they pack a lot of information in episodes cause of the short seasons, but I don't really complain about it since I love this show so much!

I just can't wait to see where they are going to go with this with how Eric is now and everything

near the end, when eric was walking along the road with no shirt, i just loved how lost and child-like he looked when he was talking to sookie. i don't like how that show diverges from the books, but it does keep things interesting and i like wondering what will be next.

that show just keeps getting yummier and yummier.

Guest Guest
I'm actually glad the show doesn't follow the book too closely. I enjoy reading the books, but I would hate to feel like I know what's coming. The way they do it, by having some things the same but then taking them off the books' tracks, let's me enjoy both as "new."

Guest Guest

ITA, Jeannie. I love that the show doesn't exactly follow the books and changes things to make both exciting in their own way Very Happy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.