Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Guest

Twitter WORD NERD Battle for charity!

Guest Guest
Based on this twitter exchange, we are rising to the challenge, following in the footsteps of our #1 Word Nerd, David! See details on how you can participate in the next post...

Quote :
@aswinn Trying to get my @thedavidcook piece down to word count. Cutting an ancillary word here & there is torture. (Sorry @jjones6, but it is!)

@Jas5809 @aswinn u cld alwys rite in Twittereze n we'd undrstnd u, as long as u lv @thedavidcook quotes "intact"

@aswinn @Jas5809 LOL. Love this idea

@Sassycatz @aswinn Don't cut out the words "heartthrob" or "sultry."

@aswinn @Sassycatz I misread "sultry" as "slutty" and I was wondering what I'd missed!

@AdamsLisa @aswinn of course, I'd also be happy to take on @thedavidcook in a game of WWF too...

@aswinn @AdamsLisa I don't! But @JJones6 has been telling me to. Think I need to get on it, as I'm always one for another method of procrastination.

@JJones6 @aswinn I totally understand. It's like choosing between your children. Maybe @thedavidcook himself could help us?

@1ofeach @aswinn He'd probably be upset too the word nerd he is!!!

@aswinn @1ofeach Ha. He gave me a sidebar w/some great adjectives - asked him for it bc of his word-nerdiness.

@judy_pollack @aswinn Never enough words for him. And I'm saying that as an editor!

@aswinn @JJones6 I actually think we should embark on a campaign to get you two in a Words with Friends face-off. I bet @thedavidcook would kill it.

@JJones6 @aswinn I'm up for that challenge. I take mercy on no one when it comes to WWF. Bring it on, Cook!

@thedavidcook @aswinn @JJones6 CHALLENGE!!!

@JJones6 @thedavidcook @aswinn Oh, it's on like Donkey Kong. When you're ready to show me what you got, Mr. Cook, DM me your WWF name.

@aswinn @thedavidcook @JJones6 I fricking knew it. (David - this is my American Way editor: go nice so she gives you more word count.)

@aswinn @JJones6 @thedavidcook I'm thinking money should be wagered. Me on Jessica's side vs. all of David's fans. J- still think we can take them.

@Jjones6 @aswinn @thedavidcook [Opens wallet] I have three dollars to contribute. I'm what you call a "high roller."

@aswinn I'll donate check from @americanway piece to charity of choice in winner of WWF battle btwn @thedavidcook vs. @jjones6. Who else is in?

@itsjustMare @aswinn David Cook fans are a giving bunch as u will find out soon. I'm in. U need to just keep us informed of how the game is going.

@aswinn @itsjustMare They def are. He and I talked about it when I interviewed him.

@JJones6 WWF vs @thedavidcook is on. Began w/a 16-ptr. He countered w/51-pt Bingo. In the words of Ron Burgundy, I immediately regret this decision.

@aswinn @JJones6 @thedavidcook I will stand by you until the bitter end, J. I'm also here for cheating/consultation/ego salvation.

(An hour or so later...)

@JJones6 Wow, what an influx of new followers! I'm sure it's bc my tweets are so hilarious and not at all bc I'm playing WWF with @thedavidcook.

@JJones6 @thedavidcook I'll send game updates @ DC since I know all interested parties follow him/so as not to bug my other followers (the nerve).

@JJones6 @thedavidcook After four rounds, score is David: 142, me: 127. Will try to keep game/updates going tonight but must go to a dinner! Argh.

@aswinn @JJones6 Stay strong, J. All it takes is a triple-letter X. (And I don't mean that in an XXX way.) @thedavidcook

Okay, so here is the plan, which is still being formed and we welcome everyone's input:

• David is in the middle of a WORD NERD challenge with @JJones6 in an iphone app version of Scrabble called "Words with Friends" (WWF).
  • @aswinn said, "@JJones6 @thedavidcook I'm thinking money should be wagered. Me on Jessica's side vs. all of David's fans. J- still think we can take them."
  • We ACCEPT the challenge!!!
  • If @JJones6 wins, that means whatever we each personally say we are in for, we each give that much to whatever charity she names.
  • In the (much more likely) event that David wins, that means those two owe David's charity money. BUT, since we are charitable folks, we each decide if we want to donate to the charity of David's choice then. If he doesn't name one, we'll go with his Race for Hope Team Page.
We'll keep a list of who is in. You can say how much you are in for in your post if you like, but this here at the top we will only list names:
  1. realiTVlover
  2. vsteph1
  3. justforme
  4. ReallyCookin
  5. pn112 *
  6. Jeannie
  7. ShookByCook
  8. Made
  9. jmbdog5 *
  10. debrakay23
  11. ladynsearch
  12. Rabrina
  13. IIdolizeDC
  14. SonnyZeeb
  15. cantpickaname *
  16. cjester27
  17. celticsfaninNH
  18. guzzlegut913
  19. rascalete
  20. Brisblondie
Let's show these girls what word nerds can do for charity! Cheers

LOVING this word nerd game he's got going! By one of those tweets, she's challenged US Word Nerds to back him up. I think we should start raising some money to put up on David's side! Goes to her charity if she wins, his (RFH if he doesn't name another) if he does. I'm in for $20! If y'all want to go for this, I'll split this out into it's own thread.
DC Cheerleader

Hey Stacey, I can do $5. This is fun! I'm loving the conversation about the WWF game. This is fun.

Guest Guest
Stacy, I think it deserves a thread of it's own. I'm in for a donation to the winner's charity of choice. We just need to find out what charity Jessica supports.

I would love to participate in this, but, alas, I'm broker than 3 people!!! FAIL!!!!

How long is this 'challenge' going to last?

Guest Guest
I'm not sure how long the game takes. I'm sure that a donation to the winner's charity could be done at any time.

I tweeted @ Jessica to ask which charity she supports. I'm kind of stuck between wanting David to win and the whole "girls should stick together thing".

Wait, I thought we just donate if David wins and Jessica's side donates if she wins. Is that right?

Either way, let me know. I agree about the sep thread btw.

Guest Guest
Oh, Hmmm you might be right Viv. I planned on making a small donation to whoever ended up winning.

justforme wrote:
I'm not sure how long the game takes. I'm sure that a donation to the winner's charity could be done at any time.

I tweeted @ Jessica to ask which charity she supports. I'm kind of stuck between wanting David to win and the whole "girls should stick together thing".

LOL! Screw that!

Go David!!!

Guest Guest
LOL flag Tell me how you really feel DP!

justforme wrote:

LOL! Screw that!

Go David!!!
Laughing hystericall
omg you so cracked me up.

Okay, I'll split this into a separate thread and tweet the opponent & referee asking what exactly the charity challenge is.

Guest Guest
After reading through all those tweets it does seem as if it's a David and his fans vs Jessica and @aswinn for the charity donations. I'd like to suggest that if Jessica ends up winning any David fan interested could donate to her cause. But it's just a suggestion. Nobody should feel that they have to donate.

Dorothy - you crack me up!!! ROFLOL

I don't gamble, but knowing how competitive David is, I'd have to bet my life that he will make sure he wins this. Unfortunately, right now my net value is approximately a dollar two ninety eight! I would think David would be the 1 to 9 choice, so my return would only be pennies!! FML!!!!! Duh

Okay, put details on our part of the challenge in the second post.

ETA: Peggy, we know you are in the challenge in spirit!

justforme wrote:

LOL! Screw that!

Go David!!!

What she said! Great

Guest Guest
I'm in... regardless of who wins. (Not that I have a lot of doubt how this will come out.)

Alright! We've got 5 in so far. But I know we can do more! It's for CHARITY! Word Nerds don't hold back 1) when there's a challenge, 2) when it's for charity, and this is BOTH! CheersDC CheerleaderCheers

Guest Guest

I'm in too! Cheers!!

Let's go team David! DC Cheerleader and Kicking for the sake of charity of course!

Guest Guest

Yeay, I'm loving this challenge! It is so much fun and also great as it's for charity!
Count me in!

GO DAVID!!! CheersDC CheerleaderCheers

Guest Guest
@JJones6 Jessica Jones
@thedavidcook Sorry for the delay guys, but [trumpets sound] I have a game update. After 6 rounds, score is David: 198, me: 195. SO TENSE.
16 minutes ago

Guest Guest

@JJones6 Jessica Jones

Quote :
@MailleMaam There's no preset number of rounds, but we're about halfway through the letters. Smile

Guest Guest
This is so exciting! They should kinda take a pic of the finished game or somethin'

This is sooooo much fun! And I'm not even playing the game.

David Cook FTW!!!

awww, that reminded me of his Idol run.

This sounds fun to mee too i don't have the funds right now due to my pc costing me bucks to get it fixed so ill just sit back and watch you girls have fun with this GO WORD NERDS Group Hug2Group Hug2Group Hug2

uh-oh Shocked
@aswinn Allison Winn Scotch
May or may not have just been informed that @jjones6 has taken the lead over @thedavidcook in the ultimate nerdo deathmatch.

Go David !!! Cheers

I'm In..

This is making my snowing day here, so much fun, cheering on David...

Guest Guest
LOL flag Ultimate nerdo death match. That's great! He's very competitive, I'm not counting him out yet.

Okay, who wants in and can't afford it? Instead of going in for $20 myself, I'll go in for $5 for everyone who wants to participate but doesn't have the money.

DC Cheerleader

ETA: I've added Peggy & Jan to the list so far who I'll donate for. Plus I missed someone earlier (oops!) so the list is at TWELVE and counting!

Just saw on twitter that you're doing this- let's just say I'm in- & have already paid RFH today! I registered to run & then donated an extra $40 (before I saw this!) HA! LOL flag

Hi!Hi! Stacy Thank You but you didn't have to do it don't get me wrong here i really appreciate it. Thank You You Rock!

Guest Guest

I tweeted @ Jessica asking her which charity she supports. This was her reply LOL flag

JJones6 Jessica Jones
@
@justforme2 I'll announce it if (and that's a big if!) I win.

Okay, who wants in and can't afford it? Instead of going in for $20 myself, I'll go in for $5 for everyone who wants to participate but doesn't have the money.

DC Cheerleader

ETA: I've added Peggy & Jan to the list so far who I'll donate for. Plus I missed someone earlier (oops!) so the list is at TWELVE and counting!

You can go ahead and add me. my wallet is EMPTY again, as usual. Very Sad

Guest Guest
Hhhmmmm.... you got me covered and I haven't posted that I want in..... LMAO!!!

This was going to be my post to getting in, but broke till my NEW payroll starts on the 15th.

Duh LOL! Your avi is from the same photo as Karen's and I didn't even read the name! Embarassed Sorry - KAREN, you're covered! Very Happy

Okay, I downloaded the free WWF app - anyone who wants to play me, my username is... wait for it... surprise! realitvlover ! Laughing

Guest Guest
Is that something you need an iphone/blackberry to play or can you dl it on a computer?