• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cookie4tune

[International] This Loud Morning Marketing/Promotion and Tour Discussions

Guest Guest
Great

Jeannie wrote:
Looks like those of you in (and near) Vietnam *cough*Kathy*cough* are in luck. RCA Ed just posted this:

Quote :
Vietnam info coming soon - just waiting on final details from 19.

excited for Kathy =)

Guest Guest
Apparently David confirmed this at the show today. Saw on twitter that he said he would be in Vietnam next month!

so maybe, just maybe, Sony wants us to show them that David DO have pretty good number of fanbase in each country. I'm just thinking of HOW to show them in the most effective way.... any ideas?

I agree with Made about the trending in twitter. I believe that it will help a whole lot. Plus I guess we can do a signature campaign. I'm not sure if it's done yet for Sony to see. If it is, we need to find another way aside from the trending.

Guest Guest
so maybe, just maybe, Sony wants us to show them that David DO have pretty good number of fanbase in each country. I'm just thinking of HOW to show them in the most effective way.... any ideas?

I agree with Made about the trending in twitter. I believe that it will help a whole lot. Plus I guess we can do a signature campaign. I'm not sure if it's done yet for Sony to see. If it is, we need to find another way aside from the trending.

I think the trending is one very effective way to attract Sony's attention. If they do something afterwards, I don't know. But at least, we're trying somehow.

I've already twitted to the Cookistas, CookiesBR, Brazilian WN, CookiesSG, Cookies_LatAm to let them know what we are planning to do. Didn't get any reply yet but hope they'll join forces Very Happy

BTW, this morning, when TLM was trending it went poof suddenly. We think it's because that when the words "trend" or "trending" are used the trend is automatically removed as per Twitter algorithms. So that's one thing to bear in mind!

and ThisQuietNight is trending. WAHEY!

We'll see about a trip to Vietnam. I'm 50/50 with that. With work schedule and I'm turning broke with all the pre-orders I made. LMAO.

You should go, Jov, cause Kathy said she wouldn't go Very Sad

But I think I saw somewhere that it's an invitation-only event?

Are you going? Cos if you are then I'll look for ways. Then we'll meet Kathy :)I understand why she can't go.

If it's an invitation-only event though there's no way we can be there. Very Sad

This could be the first Wink

Go get a passport Smile

I shouldn't be turning this thread off topic, but I don't have money. None. Nada. All spent for the CDs.

Guest Guest

Girls, why don't you open a thread for the Vietnam concert in Miscellaneous Concerts, so you start gathering info, plan possible trips, etc? Wink

I don't know if anyone's really going, cause it sounds like a invitation-only rave party... do we have Vietnamese fans beside Kathy??

Hennessy Artistry Vietnam 2011

Ummm there's a few in DCO I think. Not sure. Not around so much online. Will prolly wait for him to visit Philippines again or Indonesia *looks at Dinna*

I spread to the friends and asked them to spread wherever they can !!
I also posted at DCO - there're a lot of International fans there - I hope they don't delete my topic !! Very Happy
June 28th I'll be on vacations - but I'll try to take part of the trending !!

Guest Guest

Thanks, Chris! I hope the other int'l fan websites join in the effort Wink

I found this: Hennessy Artistry Vietnam

Should we make separate thread for that?

Guest Guest

I think so, Dinna. You can open a thread in Miscellaneous Concerts. Even though none of our members attends in the end, we can add all the news and pics we can get in there Wink

Just got some news from a local CD store that TLM possibly will not be released here. I hope it's just some cruel apocalypse joke, but it may be true.

That means DCTR probably didn't sell more than 3000 copies (as far as I know, it's the break even point) Crying non-stop

I feel like leaving one of those "Last Goodbye" suicide note! Banging headDead Horse!!!

There will be no Dave show here, unless TLM goes extremely viral.

Ohhh I'm sorry to hear that Dinna. Hug

Shocked I'm shocked in a good way right now... Just found an Israeli music site
that you can pre order the album from. That means it's going to be released here. Cheers

Guest Guest

Bad news, Dinna and great news, Anat!

We have to continue campaigning and doing everything we can in our countries and as international fans to have David's music released in as many places as possible. Show, tours, etc. will come later ONLY if we get his music to be heard in our countries!

WORD NERD POWER!!! Go WordNerds!

Guest Guest
No, I didn't till just now when I read the twitter thread! That's awesome!

I didn't know anything about any letter being delivered to him in the name of Latin Americans. Did people sign anything?

Aida!!!!!!!!! Come tell us everything about this!

Guest Guest

OK, just found out on Twitter.

Guest Guest

Awwww, the second to last flag on the right is my country's Awww Love

Thanks Cookie's Mosketeers for including it! Me being the only fan in the country, at least that I know of Laughing

I'm Crying ... I've just found out that Brazil is not considered as Latin America country... why I don't know.... Very Sad

Guest Guest

Don't feel bad, Chris. "Technically" Latin American countries are those where Spanish is the official language. Of course, all of us come from South American countries. Uruguayan, Chilean, Argentine, Brazilian et al fans should also unite as that: South America Hug

The Brazilian fans have sent numerous letters and have met David several times too, so don't worry. He'll be coming this way very soon Wink

Made wrote:
Don't feel bad, Chris. "Technically" Latin American countries are those where Spanish is the official language. Of course, all of us come from South American countries. Uruguayan, Chilean, Argentine, Brazilian et al fans should also unite as that: South America Hug

The Brazilian fans have sent numerous letters and have met David several times too, so don't worry. He'll be coming this way very soon Wink

I hope so Made...but if he comes to Uruguay or Argentina...I'll fly to see him !! Smile
Unfortunately Made, I think some people don't see that united we are stronger... so... Very Sad

Guest Guest

To be honest, I think each separate fansite does what they can to attract David's attention whether they are US or elsewhere. I mean "attention" not in a bad way but like saying "hey, know that we're here supporting you and your music, always". That's just great, IMO.

All of us are also trying to get his music released and promoted in our own countries and/or regions as best we can. That's fine too.

What we need ro do as a GROUP of International fans is to focus on letting Sony/RCA know David has a tremendous amount of foreign fans from all over the world and make them realize that's worthwhile to market him everywhere. Just to have them release at least some samples, EPs and whatnot to key radio stations could be a great achievement for us as a GROUP.

Those are my 2 cents. Looking at the big picture Wink

Made wrote:

What we need to do as a GROUP of International fans is to focus on letting Sony/RCA know David has a tremendous amount of foreign fans from all over the world and make them realize that's worthwhile to market him everywhere. Just to have them release at least some samples, EPs and whatnot to key radio stations could be a great achievement for us as a GROUP.

Those are my 2 cents. Looking at the big picture Wink

Couldn't agree more Made !!
I'm Not Worthy!ClappingClappingI'm Not Worthy!
What we need is to join our efforts - ASAP - on behalf of a everybody's interest !!
We all together are strong enough to "make a lot of noise" and call Sony/RCA attention to his International fans... of all continents and countries...

The vanities must be put apart !!!

Those are my 2 cents. Also looking at the big picture Wink

Guest Guest

Exactly! Vanities and spotlights don't count in what we are trying to do. High Five!

Made wrote:
Exactly! Vanities and spotlights don't count in what we are trying to do. High Five!

Yep !! High Five! we both know about this...
I hope the "other" ones could also be "enlightened".... Fingers Crossed!!!

Guest Guest
If they are "enlightened", wonderful! If they are not, the only person who is damaged by petty fights, vanities and individualisms is David...

Hope everyone thinks about that.

Quote :
What we need ro do as a GROUP of International fans is to focus on letting Sony/RCA know David has a tremendous amount of foreign fans from all over the world and make them realize that's worthwhile to market him everywhere. Just to have them release at least some samples, EPs and whatnot to key radio stations could be a great achievement for us as a GROUP.

I have to admit that doing it separately (I mean Indonesian fans telling trying to tell Indonesian label, Brazilian fans telling Brazilian label) can be tough. If we join power, somehow I can see that they will see our determination and they will see it as a worthwhile act [read: potential marketing] to be pursued further.

And Chris, I have to tell you that first thing that came to mind when I saw that tweet was "OMG, Piper must be dying somewhere!". Really. Brazilian fans was what came first Smile so I'm sure David meant it for you guys too!

Now my question would be: where in the world should we Asian fans go to send OUR letters to??? LOL flag

And Chris, I have to tell you that first thing that came to mind when I saw that tweet was "OMG, Piper must be dying somewhere!". Really. Brazilian fans was what came first Smile so I'm sure David meant it for you guys too!

Thanks Dinna !! You're a sweetie !! Blow Kisses
I don't know who did it, but the Cookistas sent him a book, someone gave to his mom at Washington....Maybe Vangie knows about this !!

Hi! n0n Anyone knows that concert in london has really happened? I'm from spain and If someday there's a david cook's concert in anywhere in europe I promise I'm going! T.T
I can't ask for a concert in spain,,, Why he's so unknown here?? ... T_T I'm frustrated! XD

Guest Guest
That isn't our David Cook. It's an organist.

Guest Guest
@dinamata wrote:
Hi! n0n Anyone knows that concert in london has really happened? I'm from spain and If someday there's a david cook's concert in anywhere in europe I promise I'm going! T.T
I can't ask for a concert in spain,,, Why he's so unknown here?? ... T_T I'm frustrated! XD

Don't know if properly welcomed you, Dina! Hug

As Jeannie said, the concert in London was from another David Cook.

I'm as frustrated as you 'cause he's pretty unknown in Uruguay as well. My only chance to see him live will be to go to Brazil or Argentina. I'm sure at some point he'll come and IMO, he'll go to Brazil first. Just a thought Wink

Made wrote:
@dinamata wrote:

Don't know if properly welcomed you, Dina! Hug

As Jeannie said, the concert in London was from another David Cook.

I'm as frustrated as you 'cause he's pretty unknown in Uruguay as well. My only chance to see him live will be to go to Brazil or Argentina. I'm sure at some point he'll come and IMO, he'll go to Brazil first. Just a thought Wink

May the Angels say AMEN to this Made !! Fingers Crossed!!!

I think when he comes to South America, he'll seize the chance and perform at as many countries he can... so, why not at Uruguay too ?
But if he doesn't come to Uruguay, and comes to Brazil and/or Argentina we'll have a chance to meet each other... cheers Something I want so much !!! Hug

Guest Guest

Uruguay is such a small country, Chris! Only 3.5 million people!!! Artists come here at a later stage in their careers. I've seen Elton John, Paul Simon, Eric Clapton, Rod Stewart, Van Halen, Roxette and Bob Dylan. But the thing is that when they came, they were really popular, so they were able to draw enough people to make their shows profitable.

Anywho, I'll fly to Brazil or Argentina if he comes and will love to meet you too! Hug

Made wrote:
Uruguay is such a small country, Chris! Only 3.5 million people!!! Artists come here at a later stage in their careers. I've seen Elton John, Paul Simon, Eric Clapton, Rod Stewart, Van Halen, Roxette and Bob Dylan. But the thing is that when they came, they were really popular, so they were able to draw enough people to make their shows profitable.

Anywho, I'll fly to Brazil or Argentina if he comes and will love to meet you too! Hug

Brazil is a big country but the things works quite alike when we talk about international artists ...
If you see the artists that came here the past few years, are almost the same "type" of artists: Bon Jovi, U2, Paul McCartney (I saw him for the 2nd time, last Sunday... awesome !), Gun's and Roses, Seal, Sting - Eric Clapton will come on September (I will see him - sure !!) .... Elton John will come to Rock'n Rio.... only very famous artists with decades of success...
Now seems that the things may start to change. Slowly....
We'll have Rock'n Rio next september/october and some younger artists will come like Rihanna, Kate Perry, Snow Patrol, Red Hot Chilli Peppers...and others.

Maybe I'll burn my tongue...but I don't believe David could come here soon. I think it'll take some time - 5/10 years.
He has a lot of fans spread all over the country and I'm sure if he comes here, these fans will fly to Rio or São Paulo (probably where he'd perform) to see him, like they usually do with other artists. But the promoters wants to earn a lot of money, so they prefer to bring very famous artists that can sold out large venues (soccer stadiums or similar).
As far as I know, he has power to sold out a medium size Venue here in Rio or São Paulo. Even the ones who are not "officialy" his fans, end going with friends or wife, husband, etc... the "collateral effect fans" ! LOL flag
I hope I'm totally wrong and could be happily surprised with a DC South America Tour being announced soon ... Excited2

Guest Guest

Maybe they'll bring him to Rock 'n Rio to "try out" what kind of an audience he has. That seems to me the easiest less expensive way for his label. So hopefully we won't have to wait that long Great

Made wrote:
Maybe they'll bring him to Rock 'n Rio to "try out" what kind of an audience he has. That seems to me the easiest less expensive way for his label. So hopefully we won't have to wait that long Great

First of all:
I spent a couple of minutes staring your new avi...in total trance.... dear Lord !!! Made... do you wanna kill us ??? Drool

We tried hard to bring him to Rock'n Rio ...but was a fail.
The attractions are already settle, so no chance that he could come. Unfortunately !
I agree with you. Couldn't have a better opportunity to him be better known here... a perfect showcase...

@Piper wrote:
We tried hard to bring him to Rock'n Rio ...but was a fail.
The attractions are already settle, so no chance that he could come. Unfortunately !
I agree with you. Couldn't have a better opportunity to him be better known here... a perfect showcase...

If that a yearly event? Maybe try for next year! Cheers

Guest Guest

^^^what she said! cheers

I know I'm kinda obsessed... but my avi is one of the sequences that... caught my eye from the TLG video We are ALL Innocent

I'm sorry it's another David Cook, Dina! [If your name is really Dina, we kinda have the same name Wink] I'm sure we'll get our chance one day! Don't lose hope! (actually, Europe is way more likely than my country, since he's written with European songwriters) Smile

In Indonesia, it varies. It took Kelly Clarkson 8 years to come, but Archuleta only 3 years and Lee Dewyze even shorter than that (a year). So we'll never know, really. But I'm hoping for a full concert and not just something like the Hennessy Artistry (no offense to those who are going), but we do have annual Java Rockin' Land (this year The Cranberries and 30 Seconds To Mars will play) and if they decide to invite him, then of course I'll take that chance.

Fingers Crossed!!! for all of us!

Guest Guest

Wow Dinna! The Cranberries and 30 Seconds To Mars!!! I wish they would come here... luuuurve both those bands... not to mention hottie Jared Leto Thud_old

Psssh... you know I love 30STM because of Jared Leto! *shallow* But not really, I love their music as well. And The Cranberries... well, it pretty much describes my younger years. But I still don't know if I'll get the 3-day pass (it's a 3-day event) or just buy it for those two bands only.

Guest Guest
If you can make it to those bands' performances it would awesome, Dinna!

*wants pics and videos*